Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

I like Amy more than the rest of the family.  She's more normal, drinks and manages to avoid the worst of the fundie crap in her life. 

But I absolutely abhor the trendy phrase "Live my best life".  HATE it. 

Great for you sweetie to have your own business, your health, a home and a thriving baby.  I'm sure millions of folks that don't have those things would love to live their best life, but cant.  Nice of you to point out YOU can.  Idiot.

Some self-absorbed, Lululemon-wearing, Peleton-riding, gluten-free mom somewhere came up with that stupidity, and I cringe every time I hear it.  I didn't expect it from Amy.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 18

I have dozed off nursing and bottle feeding my babies. I guarantee anything I had in my hands (not the babies) went rolling or crashing to the floor and usually woke us both up.

Amy is doing some kind of magic, sleeping while holding an infant, cup of tea, glass of water and two remote controllers.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Is this post a shot at Jeremy/Jinger and/or Jana?🤔

Could be. Hard to tell. 

My guess, though, is that it's more likely she's doing the same thing they've been doing, not critiquing it.

This looks to me like another carefully posed shot that's meant to fool us into thinking it's a candid snapshot (and is obviously phony when you look at it for a few seconds, because, as others have said, there's no way the mugs and remotes and stuff haven't fallen onto the sofa or the floor if she's actually asleep ).

Only difference from the others is she doesn't seem to be selling anything here. (although lately Jana, Jer and Jingle have also been exhibiting phony-looking supposed candids where they aren't selling anything either....their advertising has spilled over into their supposed real lives....)

I think Amy's modeling/pretending here, just like the others have been doing. And the bit about her mom capturing her sleeping is fiction.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

I like Amy more than the rest of the family.  She's more normal, drinks and manages to avoid the worst of the fundie crap in her life. 

But I absolutely abhor the trendy phrase "Live my best life".  HATE it. 

Great for you sweetie to have your own business, your health, a home and a thriving baby.  I'm sure millions of folks that don't have those things would love to live their best life, but cant.  Nice of you to point out YOU can.  Idiot.

Some self-absorbed, Lululemon-wearing, Peleton-riding, gluten-free mom somewhere came up with that stupidity, and I cringe every time I hear it.  I didn't expect it from Amy.  

I HATE it too!

• Love 1
On 11/6/2019 at 12:15 PM, Lunera said:

We know this was staged but still cute. I noticed none of her cousins liked the photo.

Never gonna happen. There’s a BOOB in it. 

These are the kind of people who get morally offended if someone nurses in public 🙄

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

There’s a BOOB in it. 

These are the kind of people who get morally offended if someone nurses in public 🙄

And I think that's exactly the reaction she's looking for from her relatives and their leghumpers.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, heckkitty said:

Never gonna happen. There’s a BOOB in it. 

Unless it's on a float in a parade with one of those breastfriend covers(isn't that what they were called?) . 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Is that really a picture of Justin? I'm actually asking seriously because I don't think I've ever seen him before, lol.

He had braces until recently, and bangs.  Or rather, he didn't used to gel his hair back.  With that huge smile and the beginning of the classic Duggar hairline, he has gone from cute to looking like a ...well, a Duggar.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

“Your wisdom and maturity *HAVE* always...”!!! 🤬

This is one that I generally give a pass to. It's so easy to do if you are not paying attention, even if it's a rule you actually know.

That being said, I wouldn't bet on their actually knowing the rules, but that's another matter.

• Love 6

A just-turned-17-year-old-with-no-formal-training has "fixed" their bus????? As in a BROKEN bus??? A bus that carries a shit-ton of Duggars?? OMG. I would be terrified to get in that deathtrap.                 Complete morons.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't think Justin has been to ALERT...yet. I think the minimum age requirement is 17.

Off to Alert tomorrow.

11 hours ago, EVS said:

I think he looks like Anthony Michael Hall circa 16 Candles/Breakfast Club but with less hair.

giphy.gif

AMH is a big ole hunk now, he def improved with age...the opposite of male Duggars.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

The girl holding Dax looks a lot like Joy.

I don't know the names of those younger girls

Girl holding Dax is Johannah (Joy's twin for sure), the next oldest who is now actually bigger than Hannie is Jennifer then Jordan and of course the blessing Josie. 

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Yeah... If Jackson was actually a sophomore in high school he would most likely be spending a lot of time stuffed in his locker...

I shouldn't laugh, but you're right.  He looks like a 5th grader.  The bow tie looks dumb.  Is he taking fashion advice from his BIL RFP?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Lukeysboat said:

Poor Josie. That outfit is just awful, from head to toe. 

I don’t get why they buy sleeveless dresses that Josie wearing then put a t-shirt underneath. Why buy them in the first place. 

• Love 12
On 11/17/2019 at 5:53 PM, ginger90 said:

64D76BD6-2245-4D25-B6A3-B01137BFD845.jpeg

16 hours ago, Lukeysboat said:

Poor Josie. That outfit is just awful, from head to toe. 

43 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I'm not wild about Jenny's either. That girl wears a lot of not awesome clothing. 

All the girls look like ragamuffins to me.  Well, Hanny's not too bad but as @Puffin  noted, the layered summer dresses (in Winter) are not a good look.  Where are all the clothes they bragged about getting at that consignment store sale a few months back?

• Love 16