Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Kudos for Amy for addressing the probable negative Csection comments ahead of time.  I agree with her that it is each mother's decision & people need to respect that.  

Wishing her all the best from another Csection mom. 

• Love 19

I hope she doesn't get negative comments for scheduling a c-section on the advice of her doctor. Why would anyone object to that? The health and safety of her and her baby is way more important that being able to brag about your perfect vaginal birth. 

• Love 20
28 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I hope she doesn't get negative comments for scheduling a c-section on the advice of her doctor. Why would anyone object to that? The health and safety of her and her baby is way more important that being able to brag about your perfect vaginal birth. 

I've already seen people calling her out for the C-section.  Jinger  decided to be induced because of the problems Jill and Jessa had (if I remember correctly). There could be something going on that Amy isn't going into detail about. I'm just glad she has a real doctor and is going to a hospital and not ending up in an emergency situation.   

• Love 21

I'm glad Amy is listening to her doctors. You go Amy! You do you! Stay strong! You got this! 

I've had several friends who've had c-sections and several friends born by c-sections.  It makes me really mad to see people trying to make women feel lesser for having c-sections. You have to do what's best for the mother and the baby  and sometimes that's a c-section. C-sections saved the lives of some of my loved ones. 

Anyway most of the comments I see on Instagram are nice. I'll leave this piece of idiocy from the comments for people to laugh at:

"I sure wish you could use your voice to empower women to be educated on birth. A small frame or "big baby" is never a reason to have a planned c-section. Being healthy with a low-rise birth is to attempt to deliver naturally. I would think that the midwife in your family would have made sure you were educated on such a monumentally important topic. This makes me sad for you, I'm not trying to be judgey, but my doctor also told me the exact same thing and I refused the planned section and delivered a healthy baby vaginally. These experiences shouldn't be chosen for us through lack of education about birth and convenience in the part of your doctor. The big baby/small frame excuse is a myth and a lie in 99% of cases."

Yes the midwife in Amy's family would know more than a doctor.🤨 Also the midwife in the family had two huge babies that required her to have c-sections. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Yes the “midwife” in Amy's family would know more than a doctor. Also the “midwife“ in the family had two huge babies that required her to have c-sections. 

Midwife. Hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha!

• LOL 8
  • Love 12

Amy seems to believe in birth control, as she's been married for a while.  Her mother must have believed in it, as well.  Good for them, and Amy is right to have a real doctor's plan in place.  

I've heard more "unusual" names than Daxton before.  Compared to Spurgeon, it's very palatable.

• LOL 4
  • Love 16

People need to STFU with their opinions sometimes.  I legit don't understand why anybody cares how somebody else's baby comes out, as long as it does come out.  I grant I am childless and thus don't have personal experience forming my opinion; but in this case, I think it only helps!

• Love 20

After Jessa, Jill, and Joy it's refreshing to see a Duggar going to a doctor and listening to that doctor. Of course it would be a non JimBoob spawn Duggar but I'll take what I can get. Good for you Amy, from a fellow c-section mom(though mine was an emergency)

• Love 8

You do you, Amy!  Four c-sections here.  I usually swore at the nurse the first time I had to get up to go to the bathroom, but they give you nice drugs, and by the time you get home, it’s not too bad. No Sitz bath either!  (My friends’ vaginal birth stories made me pretty happy I just had to get “unzipped”. 😂)

• Love 11

My 1st child was born vaginally, he was typical size and weight. I have the pelvis size of a 10 year old boy (exaggeration). In other words, he was a little too big for the exit, but with medical intervention we finally got him out. My first child's birth was anything but pretty. 

Whether Amy is correct or truthful in the reason given for the c-section I wish her the best.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, irisheyes said:

You do you, Amy!  Four c-sections here.  I usually swore at the nurse the first time I had to get up to go to the bathroom, but they give you nice drugs, and by the time you get home, it’s not too bad. No Sitz bath either!  (My friends’ vaginal birth stories made me pretty happy I just had to get “unzipped”. 😂)

I always thought that if I had children I'd push for a c-section, just based on the experiences of all the women in my family. All the c-section only women haven't had any issues. All the ones who've had vaginal births end up with various degrees of incontinence and prolapses. 

You just know the Jill is pissed that Amy isn't attempting a vaginal birth. 

• Love 6

I'm glad Amy and the baby look healthy. 

FWIW, Jill posted something on Amy's announcement of her c-section and it was supportive, kind, positive, etc. . I don't remember but it was something like "Yay! You're having a baby!".  And yes Jill definitely started her comment with Yay!. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

You just know the Jill is pissed that Amy isn't attempting a vaginal birth. 

Not to mention, at home with her "midwife" family member there to guide her through the birthing process.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

And balding.

I personally couldn't care less who is chunky or balding, or who might have had any sort of cosmetic issues. no one appears to be clinically obese or have any other relevant problems for a brand new family. All the luck and joy to them.

• Love 22

Such harsh colors to wrap a new little life in. The balloon arch and full sized blanket are a little much.

There's such a contrast between the Duggars, Bates and Amy in regard to their birth experiences.

Alyssa Bates seems to walk into a dressing room (birth center) and walk-out minutes later with a new outfit and no fanfare with a baby in her arms. Her sisters have an entire crew of family huddled around their hospital beds, all cheering, yelling and praying.

Jessa seems to have a small crew of family in the home, under the cover of darkness (albeit with a TV crew) and then play pass the baby around with the entire crowd.

Kendra had what I consider a typical birth, with Jinger coming in second with her 'come for a weekend stay at my cabin and do puzzles' hospital birth.

And then Amy, probably a semi-private hospital birth, with the public fanfare of royalty except with no fans.

I imagine Lauren will have a Bates sized crowd during labor and delivery, in the hospital with her own bedroom set including bedside steps, a 9 x 12 framed photo of Balloon Period Asa, new baby dressed in a pink frilly dress, with socks, shoes and giant hair bow, wrapped in a blue (Asa) blanket and enough balloon arches to fill the room.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Such harsh colors to wrap a new little life in. The balloon arch and full sized blanket are a little much.

There's such a contrast between the Duggars, Bates and Amy in regard to their birth experiences.

Alyssa Bates seems to walk into a dressing room (birth center) and walk-out minutes later with a new outfit and no fanfare with a baby in her arms. Her sisters have an entire crew of family huddled around their hospital beds, all cheering, yelling and praying.

Jessa seems to have a small crew of family in the home, under the cover of darkness (albeit with a TV crew) and then play pass the baby around with the entire crowd.

Kendra had what I consider a typical birth, with Jinger coming in second with her 'come for a weekend stay at my cabin and do puzzles' hospital birth.

And then Amy, probably a semi-private hospital birth, with the public fanfare of royalty except with no fans.

I imagine Lauren will have a Bates sized crowd during labor and delivery, in the hospital with her own bedroom set including bedside steps, a 9 x 12 framed photo of Balloon Period Asa, new baby dressed in a pink frilly dress, with socks, shoes and giant hair bow, wrapped in a blue (Asa) blanket and enough balloon arches to fill the room.

I commented on Reddit that after seeing Amy's ridiculous balloon arch, I can't wait to see what Lauren to do to top it. I know a lot of extra people in my real life and I have never seen anything like that in a hospital lol.

Amy drives me nuts because she plays the Jessa game. Makes a controversial vague comment to get people talking. Like, the c section comment of " her frame being small and she has an 85% chance of needing a c section" 

I think sometimes less is more. Why not just say Daxton arrived today by csection ( and not give any reason??) She opens herself up to be criticized by over sharing *just* enough. 

At either rate I am glad they are both healthy and happy! Still don't like the name. I am calling BS on her instagam reason for her csection, but I am sure it was recommended by some reason or another that she doesn't want to explain. Much Better than a disaster home birth like JIll or Joy or Jessa

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 16

Why announce the csection at all?  I have several friends who had csections, and their birth announcements didn't specify the method of delivery.  The birth announcements for my sons certainly didn't mention anything about the hours of labor and complications in delivery.  

I guess she felt that announcing a planned csection would get her more attention.  She did get an exclusive with People, so I guess what's TMI to me is good publicity for Amy.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

I guess she felt that announcing a planned csection would get her more attention.  She did get an exclusive with People, so I guess what's TMI to me is good publicity for Amy.

I think an exclusive People story is now a mark of success in Duggarland. Jessa must have been crushed that she didn't score one for Ivy's birth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The only way for Amy to do her cutsie "BRB" post was to reveal the planned c-section. Of course she could have skipped the post all together and just went to the hospital and had the baby.

Oh, nooo. . . that would be too easy. It's so haaaard being a celebrity and influencer, ya know. Have to keep your fans informed name in front of your followers. Life in the glare of the spotlight, it's relentless. Oh, wait, was that a spotlight, or just the flash of her phone taking the selfie...? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

B29AEAEA-F268-4E92-9FC3-A60BFC27E472.jpeg

Jesus, this is even sadder and less personal than usual -- maybe they phoned it in because she doesn't have a "servant's heart." She looks (to me) to be very sad -- very much a lost girl. She's 14 though, and that's a tough age for people who aren't members of a cult, too.

• Love 8
On 10/10/2019 at 11:19 AM, yogi2014L said:

I commented on Reddit that after seeing Amy's ridiculous balloon arch, I can't wait to see what Lauren to do to top it. I know a lot of extra people in my real life and I have never seen anything like that in a hospital lol.

Amy drives me nuts because she plays the Jessa game. Makes a controversial vague comment to get people talking. Like, the c section comment of " her frame being small and she has an 85% chance of needing a c section" 

I think sometimes less is more. Why not just say Daxton arrived today by csection ( and not give any reason??) She opens herself up to be criticized by over sharing *just* enough. 

At either rate I am glad they are both healthy and happy! Still don't like the name. I am calling BS on her instagam reason for her csection, but I am sure it was recommended by some reason or another that she doesn't want to explain. Much Better than a disaster home birth like JIll or Joy or Jessa

I see your balloon arch and raise you a one man band!  Cause you know there won't be space in the birthing room for a marching band to usher in little Siah. 

• LOL 9
9 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I see your balloon arch and raise you a one man band!  Cause you know there won't be space in the birthing room for a marching band to usher in little Siah. 

I don't know - I think Lauren will have an arch of white balloons in memory of dear Asa, their first child.  The one with whom their little girl will always be compared.  😭

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

To me, she looks like a female Smuggar. Poor thing. 😕

13 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

She looks (to me) to be very sad -- very much a lost girl. She's 14 though, and that's a tough age for people who aren't members of a cult, too.

She looks sad to me too & agree she looks like a female Smuggs.  But sometimes she comes across to me as being mad.  Like asking herself why was she born into this crazy family & what she needs to do to get herself out of it.  I first noticed it on Jinger's wedding photos, the same time we noticed her maturing which makes sense.   Maybe she's having questions like Joy did. The ones that Joe snuffed out. 

• Love 1

I see a lot of Joy and even a little Jana in her in the middle picture with JB.

4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Maybe she's having questions like Joy did. The ones that Joe snuffed out. 

Let's hope there's no Joe in her life to snuff them out. I don't see Jackson being a great spiritual leader. Of course, the lost girls seem glued to Jana, and we can probably guess what kind of counsel she's dispensing...

• Love 5
4 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I don't see Jackson being a great spiritual leader. 

Ha ha. This made me giggle! He may not be a spiritual leader, but he is a preacher mechanic! (Or wait a minute… Maybe that was James, or Justin? )

• LOL 7
On 10/12/2019 at 3:48 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

I see a lot of Joy and even a little Jana in her in the middle picture with JB.

It's the chin.  I'll be interested to see how her looks settle out after she's finished growing into them.

• Love 3
On 10/9/2019 at 11:29 PM, GeeGolly said:

Ignore the line here. I can't get rid of it! 

On 10/9/2019 at 11:29 PM, GeeGolly said:

Oh she definitely will. Her subjects need to see her birth the savior and be instantly beautified. 

• LOL 5
On 10/11/2019 at 10:11 PM, Future Cat Lady said:

Mom & Dad Duggar? Who signs a message to their own kid with their last name?

Mom & Dad Duggar do. Most of the time! 

Love the tacit admission in that stupid signature that they a) don't really care about their own kids enough to actually write to them -- but they sure do care about making a good impression on the public and/or b) that they and their kids are in fact so aloof from each other that they basically have to be reintroduced to offer birthday greetings. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I like this photo of Amy, and it all rings very true - exhausted, half-dressed, remote control within reach, constantly parched, with a newborn stuck to you like glue.  Ah, memories. 🙂

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 19
53 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I like this photo of Amy, and it all rings very true - exhausted, half-dressed, remote control within reach, constantly parched, with a newborn stuck to you like glue.  Ah, memories. 🙂

I have a similar picture, nursing my daughter, on the sofa, looking like I'd had 2 hours sleep in the last 2 nights.  I'm glad I had that experience, but once was enough, for me.

• Love 10