Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, floridamom said:

I don't understand why the Duggar ladies couldn't have attended the 'regular' baby shower for Amy? Why did they need their very own one? I don't think drinking and such would have been at Amy's baby shower. It usually is not included in such an event. I think it elitist of them to have a separate one for her. They're telling Amy that she really isn't 'good enough' for them. That family really stinks.

They would have had to bring presents, and we all know what skinflints they are. Hence, the Duggar Sprinkle.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

The Duggars overwhelming any event they attend just by their sheer numbers so it does sound like Amy was able to have something with just them but another more intimate shower for her friends. Plus I don’t think the Duggars would appreciate the lovely desserts, they tend to go for sloppy ice cream or brown slop.

• Love 14
14 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Maybe his voice hasn't changed.   Can't have boy sopranos singing dirges.

1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Or his voice IS changing...probably not the most reliable instrument no matter what they are singing.

If his voice is changing, they could sing the Brady Bunch kids song "Time to Change" that Peter had the solo in when his voice was changing. At least it's more upbeat than what they are singing now.

I'm old &  am hoping there are some other older posters out there who remember what I'm talking about.  I love the Brady Bunch esp the episodes where the kids sang.

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

If his voice is changing, they could sing the Brady Bunch kids song "Time to Change" that Peter had the solo in when his voice was changing. At least it's more upbeat than what they are singing now.

I'm old &  am hoping there are some other older posters out there who remember what I'm talking about.  I love the Brady Bunch esp the episodes where the kids sang.

They played The Brady Bunch on Nick @ Nite for a long time, I know the episode you’re talking about. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

They played The Brady Bunch on Nick @ Nite for a long time, I know the episode you’re talking about. 

We have a TV station called MEtv that plays oldie shows incl the Brady Bunch on Sundays.  I love the Brady movies too. 

I'm sure the Duggars would find something wrong with the Bradys, esp the short skirts. 

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I remember it well. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Totally said:

Who is the Jan of the Duggars?

Back when it was 19 Kids, I think Jinger could have been the Jan to Jessa's Marcia. 

Now, I think Jill is the Jan (at least like the way Jan is portrayed in The Brady Bunch Movie).

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

One of my favorite "blast from the past" TV shows.  I'm old, too.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Barb23 said:

There is an wonderful episode of The Wonder Years where the extremely perky student teacher is dealing with the daily issues of an all boy 7th grade choir.  As a middle school music teacher from the past, it was my favorite episode ever!  Worth watching and why I suggested the voice change issue with JTyler.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Back when it was 19 Kids, I think Jinger could have been the Jan to Jessa's Marcia

Now, I think Jill is the Jan (at least like the way Jan is portrayed in The Brady Bunch Movie).

Certainly in Jessa's mind, but in reality Jessa was Jinger's Jan. IMO 

• LOL 3
23 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

That cake is lovely! 

7 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I could eat that cake in 2 days by myself. Looks delicious 😍

That cake is something.  It even looks like the sandwich cookies are homemade & I'm assuming, have a lemon filling.  The Duggars would have made their version with cracked Walmart brand sandwich cookies.  It's also served on a nice glass platter.  

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 8

The cookies are macarons, I think.  The cake does look yummy.  I wonder what the significance of a "lemon theme" baby shower is?  Never heard that one before.

Then again, my daughter -in-law had a watermelon theme for my granddaughter's first birthday, because she's "One in a Melon".  (And she loves watermelon!) 

• Love 9
On 8/28/2019 at 10:03 AM, Barb23 said:

Na na na na na na na na na....na na na na...lol

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

You know what I hate about pictures like this? Somebody else had to be standing there taking them. 

I wouldn't like having personal paparazzi. To me, pics like this always make me wonder exactly how staged and phony they are.

Who deliberately brings a friend or relative in and then starts having intimate moments and honest emotion for the lens, anyway? And who wants to photograph a friend or relative when they're engaged in intimate moments and emotions? 

And if you are having intimate moments and honest emotion, why do you want to broadcast it out for other people to gawk at? To what end? I can't think of any goal except bragging that pretends not to be bragging. Or because you've seen this kind of thing in tv commercials for diamonds, phone companies and breakfast coffee all your life so you think real-life people should also be doing it for public consumption. 

Also....get off my lawn. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I think the photo is nice. That dress looks very comfortable and casual in the summer heat of Arkansas, but the print translates really well for a photo.  Im sure Amy’s at that point where she’s ready to be DONE with this pregnancy and meet her son. 

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think the photo is nice. That dress looks very comfortable and casual in the summer heat of Arkansas, but the print translates really well for a photo.  Im sure Amy’s at that point where she’s ready to be DONE with this pregnancy and meet her son. 

I do like the dress and would wear it in a non-maternity style.

• Love 6

I need some caffeine today. It took me a while to figure out that the boys were singing the word "empty". I thought they were saying "impty" and was wondering if that were another way of saying "impish", which makes absolutely no sense for a tomb.

• LOL 6
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

See, I think performing that kind of staged shit for an audience is a big negative in our current "civilization."

Thanks to the ease of becoming a media producer as an individual -- and the inescapable deluge of made-to-advertise media in our lives -- a growing number of people don't know the damn difference between something real and something performed and then widely published to show people how wonderful you are and to make them jealous and desire to be you. 

There is ZERO reason to publish that picture except to show off. And considering that it's deliberately been staged for a waiting camera person, the only thing it really shows off is that they're a couple of phonies eager to brag about themselves, to their whole acquaintance and to thousands of strangers as well. 

Not that they're the only ones. This is the nature of personal photography in our age. 

If that were real emotion, spontaneous (the way real emotion is) and engaged in for honest reasons, would strangers have ANY right to be looking at it? Let alone be INVITED to look at it because they told a friend or relative to stand three feet from them with a camera?

No. 

There's tons of evidence now that most people simply flood their social-media with fake shit that's designed to make them look good and thus to make everybody else feel bad. Most are busy pretending radical openness while practicing continual lying and pretty pretense.  In the long run, that's bad for the people who post the phony crap and bad for the ones who look at it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

You know what I hate about pictures like this? Somebody else had to be standing there taking them. 

I wouldn't like having personal paparazzi. To me, pics like this always make me wonder exactly how staged and phony they are.

Who deliberately brings a friend or relative in and then starts having intimate moments and honest emotion for the lens, anyway? And who wants to photograph a friend or relative when they're engaged in intimate moments and emotions? 

And if you are having intimate moments and honest emotion, why do you want to broadcast it out for other people to gawk at? To what end? I can't think of any goal except bragging that pretends not to be bragging. Or because you've seen this kind of thing in tv commercials for diamonds, phone companies and breakfast coffee all your life so you think real-life people should also be doing it for public consumption. 

Also....get off my lawn. 

Love this post!

and get off my lawn too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

See, I think performing that kind of staged shit for an audience is a big negative in our current "civilization."

Thanks to the ease of becoming a media producer as an individual -- and the inescapable deluge of made-to-advertise media in our lives -- a growing number of people don't know the damn difference between something real and something performed and then widely published to show people how wonderful you are and to make them jealous and desire to be you. 

There is ZERO reason to publish that picture except to show off. And considering that it's deliberately been staged for a waiting camera person, the only thing it really shows off is that they're a couple of phonies eager to brag about themselves, to their whole acquaintance and to thousands of strangers as well. 

Not that they're the only ones. This is the nature of personal photography in our age. 

If that were real emotion, spontaneous (the way real emotion is) and engaged in for honest reasons, would strangers have ANY right to be looking at it? Let alone be INVITED to look at it because they told a friend or relative to stand three feet from them with a camera?

No. 

There's tons of evidence now that most people simply flood their social-media with fake shit that's designed to make them look good and thus to make everybody else feel bad. Most are busy pretending radical openness while practicing continual lying and pretty pretense.  In the long run, that's bad for the people who post the phony crap and bad for the ones who look at it. 

I also think it's time (way past time) for Amy to move on. She's been desperately grabbing at her cousins' coattails for years trying to become "famous," and it hasn't worked out for her. I had lots of friends in my 20s who wanted to become musicians and actors, and they worked HARD (unlike Amy). Eventually, they all had to make peace with the fact that they weren't going to achieve what they had hoped -- and they moved on. They built careers, started families, and have led happy productive lives.

If she wants to be a shop-owner, then she should shill her shop on her SM. Can you imagine the proprietor of the local book shop or bakery posting a photo like this? Her cousins can get away with these kinds of posts because baby making is literally their brand.

Just like Jill, she's all over the place. She doesn't know who she is, or what she wants to portray

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
9 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I also think it's time (way past time) for Amy to move on. She's been desperately grabbing at her cousins' coattails for years trying to become "famous," and it hasn't worked out for her. I had lots of friends in my 20s who wanted to become musicians and actors, and they worked HARD (unlike Amy). Eventually, they all had to make peace with the fact that they weren't going to achieve what they had hoped -- and they moved on. They built careers, started families, and have led happy productive lives.

If she wants to be a shop-owner, then she should shill her shop on her SM. Can you imagine the proprietor of the local book shop or bakery posting a photo like this? Her cousins can get away with these kinds of posts because baby making is literally their brand.

Just like Jill, she's all over the place. She doesn't know who she is, or what she wants to portray

Wow. So right. It makes me feel sad for her, actually. But it's really time for her to give this up and figure things out for herself. She is not 
"the rebel Duggar" (whatever that is anyway).

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
On 8/21/2019 at 6:03 PM, jcbrown said:

I saw this picture and my first thought was, "poor Joy." It must be hard for her with the baby-celebrating shenanigans of her sisters-in-law and cousin. I hope she takes time away from the circus to heal.

Also, could Anna look any more frumpy?

Did Anna have plastic surgery to look more Duggerish??  She looks like she's 2010's Jill.  I am wayyyyy late to the party, she's preggers AGAIN?!?!?!  I took a break from TV for a while.  WOW I missed a lot!!!  So much catching up to do...

• Love 4