Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Well, I DO think that's Deena's stocking! LMAO.

I went back through all the Dullard and Cathy's IG, because I was sure there was a picture of the boys either on Santa's lap, or with a Christmas tree in the background. Point being, I think Cathy became super rigid fundie once she believed that God expelled the devil that was cancer from her body. Dan, I think out of gratitude that his mother was spared, got baptized, so he was a nominal Christian at best before that. At any rate, if there were any Santa or tree pics on any of their IG accounts, they've been scrubbed. However, I did find this gem from two years ago. 

• Love 2

I can't knock the plastic candy filled candy cane.  My son who is 27 has gotten  one every year in his stocking since he was little. A tradition type of thing, along with me always getting Gummy Bears in my stocking& Good & Plentys for Mr Barb. I've also seen candy canes filled with makeup items so maybe that's why Deena has one & no one else does. (Why bother giving one to Jill?)

Jill's get up is too much.  Some things should be put away never to be seen again & this is one of them. .  Can you imagine what a 16 yr old Izzy will say when he sees that picture?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Looks like something that if isaidwhat I thought it looked like, I'd have to go back to the prayer closet.

I'll walk with you to the prayer closet, because that is what I thought it was, too, at first glance ...

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, you're right. There are just so many competing patterns that it's easy to lose perspective. I wonder if she put up a tree, or in her uber religious fervor of late, is that verboten? 

5 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Maybe she doesn't have a tree.  There seems to be presents stacked around the fireplace and usually you would find wrapped gifts under the tree.

So do fundies not believe in Christmas trees, but they do believe in Christmas stockings?  Makes no sense to me, the tree is supplied and decorated by the family but the stocking is filled by "Santa."

A lot of the wackiest fundies do indeed believe Christmas trees are pagan and evil. There's a verse in the Old Testament that talks about the evils of worshiping pagan trees or something like that. The Duggars and Maxwells seem to be among them, but I wouldn't have guessed Cathy would be. She was already Southern Baptist, which I guess many here don't classify as fundie, but I disagree. The biggies to me are a completely literal interpretation of the bible, rejecting evolution and believing in a 6000 year old earth, the belief in wifely submission, the need for the "sinner's prayer," etc.

However, southern Baptists are just fine with Christmas trees, to my knowledge, so the lack of a tree may well be out of respect for Jill's upbringing and beliefs. Do we have any reason to think that she got more extreme after her cancer treatments? From the way she talked on camera right from the very beginning of her introduction, it seemed to be well established that she was southern Baptist. This was before her cancer.

• Love 1

Well, Cathy didn't seem to be feeling well. Maybe she skipped the tree because of that. I tried to do the full decorating thing with just a really bad cold once, and I felt as if I was being repeatedly run over by a truck. She had enough to do just to prepare to host a family Christmas.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, PinkyCupcake said:

Lool @what's written on the tag... To Jill & Derick. From God. Seriously? Omg those people. You just can't make that shit up.

Legit laughing to myself here. Thanks for the laugh, Sew Sumi :D

Do these people believe that hordes of baby bugs are gifts from God to the bug parents because they're such godly bugs? It's the same flipping process. Organisms mate and make new organisms. Wow.

• Love 10

@what's written on the tag... To Jill & Derick. From God. Seriously? Omg those people. You just can't make that shit up.

That is hysterical, purely hysterical.  And wasn't that before Derick's jaw surgery??Because he looks just as skeletal.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, PinkyCupcake said:

Lool @what's written on the tag... To Jill & Derick. From God. Seriously? Omg those people. You just can't make that shit up.

I actually think the bow is sort of cute, but geeez, the tag is soooooo cringeworthy!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, I DO think that's Deena's stocking! LMAO.

I went back through all the Dullard and Cathy's IG, because I was sure there was a picture of the boys either on Santa's lap, or with a Christmas tree in the background. Point being, I think Cathy became super rigid fundie once she believed that God expelled the devil that was cancer from her body. Dan, I think out of gratitude that his mother was spared, got baptized, so he was a nominal Christian at best before that. At any rate, if there were any Santa or tree pics on any of their IG accounts, they've been scrubbed. However, I did find this gem from two years ago. 

I got nothing...????

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, Cathy didn't seem to be feeling well. Maybe she skipped the tree because of that. I tried to do the full decorating thing with just a really bad cold once, and I felt as if I was being repeatedly run over by a truck. She had enough to do just to prepare to host a family Christmas.

My SIL is pushing 70, and she put up a tree this year, but without her two youngest girls to help, she said she took one day to assemble it and another full day to decorate it and pronounced herself "worn out".

My mom is 76, and she hasn't bothered with a tree since my dad passed on. She just puts up a nativity and a wreath and a couple of pre lit trees on the mantle. She says she doesn't have the energy. 

Based on my own family, I'll give Miss Cathy a pass, since she looks frail.  Her family is going to take her any way they can get her, so as long as she's still there with them, that's all that matters.  I love how she cherishes Izzy.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I've always got Malbec. Want to share?

Reds give me a headache. I'll bring some Pinot Grigio and a case of some good Belgian beer for anyone who isn't into wines. Someone else will have to bring food and sex toys. ?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Reds give me a headache. I'll bring some Pinot Grigio and a case of some good Belgian beer for anyone who isn't into wines. Someone else will have to bring food and sex toys. ?

No worries....I also am fond of Riesling and Pinot Grigio is always good. @Natalie68 always has brought good tapas to share.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Have you guys seen the video going viral with that loony preacher yelling "Santa's not real" to the kids waiting in line to have their picture taken? That will be Triple D in a few years.

I posted a link to the Washington Post's article about that looneytunes on Derick's twitter (the Santa post). It was probably the straw of criticism (I said in my first tweet that Derick was just emulating what he'd heard or seen) that made him delete the post. :D

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

We've seen Jill posing with a tree, so Derick must be okay with them. I feel certain Cathy just isn't feeling well enough to put one up. Why can't Derick haul his ass over there and assemble one for her, since he doesn't have a job or anything?

• Love 8

It's a nice picture. Everyone looks reasonably relaxed and happy (I think that's about as relaxed as Jill is ever going to be outside of the TTH).

The only criticism that I can make is that Jill looks (as usual) like she's dressed from the rag-bag. This is obviously a special family photo of a special occassion. Could she not find some clothes that looked like they went together, a top that fits, etc. Deana is certainly dressed modestly, but her clothes fit her and look like they were selected with the lights on . . .

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

We've seen Jill posing with a tree, so Derick must be okay with them. I feel certain Cathy just isn't feeling well enough to put one up. Why can't Derick haul his ass over there and assemble one for her, since he doesn't have a job or anything?

Because that is work and we know he doesn't do any work.

• Love 4

Things I noticed from the picture:

• Jill is not popping her eyebrows and showing us her gums.
  • That damn striped skirt just won't die
  • Dan isn't wearing a wedding band.  How on earth will we know it's OK for him to touch Deana like that without it?
  • Love 9

Jill looks really pretty, but if she would cut her hair to boob level it would do wonders for her.

I'm not reading much into the lack of tree. As my mom got older she just didn't want to be bothered anymore.

As far as the "early Christmas" that's kind of sad if Triple D and Jill don't plan on doing anything with Cathy on Christmas Day. They could easily invite the Bynums to Christmas Dinner at the TTH or pop over to see her for a couple hours during the day. She doesn't live that far away from them.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Wait a minute, when I was a Christian I never got gifts from God for Christmas. Maybe I can go back and ask for a new sewing machine now.

Jo Ann's fabrics is having a sale.  I have would ask now because we all know how much much God likes a good sale celebrating his Son's birthday.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Have you guys seen the video going viral with that loony preacher yelling "Santa's not real" to the kids waiting in line to have their picture taken? That will be Triple D in a few years.

Aaaaaaaaaaand, he will also perform his speshul interpretive dance routine!

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

His Spurgeon makes a lot of sense paired with this one. He's feeling quite persecuted, and he's making super sure that we all know that he's wearing the white cowboy hat. 

Sanctimonious, self righteous hypocritical twits are also an abomination unto the Lord. God doesn't like it when people act all holier than thou and make a big show of everything they do, rather than doing it humbly, quietly, in a spirit of service and generosity. Talking to you, Manbun Missioncation Boy...

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Jill and Derrick look so much more rigid than dan and Deana 

They look look like a family posed in the old Family Feud show. "Let's meet the Dillard family from Arkansas - Derick, Jill, Israel, Dan & Deena."   (Sorry, I love watching old shows & Family Feud with Richard Dawson is one of my favorites.)

• Love 16
14 hours ago, becca3891 said:

A lot of the wackiest fundies do indeed believe Christmas trees are pagan and evil. There's a verse in the Old Testament that talks about the evils of worshiping pagan trees or something like that. The Duggars and Maxwells seem to be among them, but I wouldn't have guessed Cathy would be. She was already Southern Baptist, which I guess many here don't classify as fundie, but I disagree. The biggies to me are a completely literal interpretation of the bible, rejecting evolution and believing in a 6000 year old earth, the belief in wifely submission, the need for the "sinner's prayer," etc.

However, southern Baptists are just fine with Christmas trees, to my knowledge, so the lack of a tree may well be out of respect for Jill's upbringing and beliefs. Do we have any reason to think that she got more extreme after her cancer treatments? From the way she talked on camera right from the very beginning of her introduction, it seemed to be well established that she was southern Baptist. This was before her cancer.

My aunt, who is more mellow now, was totally fundie when her sons were little. She had no problems with decorations but thought the idea of Santa Claus was lying to children. 

4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jill looks really pretty, but if she would cut her hair to boob level it would do wonders for her.

She really needs to do something with her hair , it looks  dead .

• Love 2
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I agree, but I think Jill looks better in the Dillard brothers' Christmas picture than she has in over a year.

• Love 10

I've made no secret of how unattractive I find Derick and Jill to be but I think she looks pretty good in that picture. I don't care for her outfit but it's really not bad, especially for Jill, who can barely manage to give a damn on a good day. Her hair looks a lot better than it's had since she got married (her desperate need for a haircut is the default so I barely even notice it any more), and she doesn't have the wrinkled forehead and gummy smile. Maybe that's why she looks a bit tense...she's going against all her instincts for the sake of a flattering picture.

• Love 4

I noticed a striking difference in the way Derrick and Dan's teeth are spaced out. I never realized how much Derrick's teeth had been moved and rearranged until he was smiling next to Dan. It looks like they really expanded his upper palate. Ouch.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I noticed a striking difference in the way Derrick and Dan's teeth are spaced out. I never realized how much Derrick's teeth had been moved and rearranged until he was smiling next to Dan. It looks like they really expanded his upper palate. Ouch.

Izzy looks as though he may have inherited the Dillard bite in that photo as well. I suppose there are medical reasons why too narrow of a bite might cause problems down the line, but I've personally always found narrow bites much more attractive than ones where you see molars when people smile. That and the overlapping 2nd incisors that I find endlessly appealing  LOL...my dental fetishes are probably an orthodontist's nightmare!

• Love 4

I have a very small mouth and had quite a few permanent teeth pulled as a child so the others would fit in my mouth. It was relatively easy and painless and no problems afterward. Well, the typical 3 years of braces through middle school, but that's it. Maybe I got off lucky.

• Love 2

I have been down with a UTI so I missed all the Derick Dillard tweeting snark!

I like the Christmas picture considering some of the other crazy pictures they have posted!

Derick's tweeting looks like he is coming unglued.  Erratic tweeting is not a good sign...more crazy ideas that he feels he needs to share publicly and then take them down when he realizes he was a bit manic? 

Cathy might still be Southern Baptist but has become more religious on her own, still attending a SBC church but doing some reading on her own etc.  As we all know, cancer changes you. She took a spiritual slant on her cancer...who knows?  Although she is still wearing pants. 

• Love 1
On 12/17/2016 at 4:59 AM, Pollypam said:

Actually, it was originally "Womb to tomb, Sperm to worm." You can hear it on the original soundtrack ?

Maybe Derrick has been secretly listening to the West Side Story soundtrack and dancing around practicing his dancing skills...boy, boy, crazy boy, get loose boy... (but probably doesn't sing about rockets in his pockets).

Edited by questionfear
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, questionfear said:

Maybe Derrick has been secretly listening to the West Side Story soundtrack and dancing around practicing his dancing skills...boy, boy, crazy boy, get loose boy... (but probably doesn't sing about rockets in his pockets).

If Derick's singing skills are like his dancing skills...do we want to see him perform that score?

• Love 1