Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, lianau said:

Going by his latest tweet , I think he has officially lost it .

Edit: I really hope he got hacked or is just trolling .

ddil.JPG

When was Jubilee ever his sister-in-law?  For one,  Jubilee was a miscarriage (obviously not viable). Michelle miscarried years before Derick came into the picture. Calling a miscarried fetus his sister-in-law is fucking weird since she was not alive outside the womb.  He's implying that Jubilee was alive at some point when he met and married Jill.  

• Love 24
35 minutes ago, Joe Jitsu913 said:

When was Jubilee ever his sister-in-law?  For one,  Jubilee was a miscarriage (obviously not viable). Michelle miscarried years before Derick came into the picture. Calling a miscarried fetus his sister-in-law is fucking weird since she was not alive outside the womb.  He's implying that Jubilee was alive at some point when he met and married Jill.  

I'm sure Jubilee would have been a pretty little girl (since all the Duggar kids were cute as littles) but had she survived to viability, she may have had more issues than Josie. Sometimes miscarriages are infinitely more merciful in the long run, though no less devastating. Had I ever been pregnant and lost a baby, the only comfort would have been that it was more merciful than a poor, suffering baby that only lives for a few hours.

• Love 8

Ok, that foot thing makes it clear to me that his account was hacked. He's too stupidly earnest to intentionally troll. 

Isn't "womb to tomb" a line from an old movie? I know I've heard it before but I can't remember where.

26 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Ok, that foot thing makes it clear to me that his account was hacked. He's too stupidly earnest to intentionally troll. 

Isn't "womb to tomb" a line from an old movie? I know I've heard it before but I can't remember where.

No, that was a pic Jilly used in her Jubilee tribute earlier in the week. It looks like Derick found an article about Jill's post and retweeted it. Definitely intentional. 

It also occurred to me that it's possible that they didn't go back to Danger America for Missioncation Season because Jill was pregnant. Was being the operative word here. I doubt they're going back, but their posts this week really do support a miscarriage. Let's see if they make any kind of announcement w/r/t a possible return. 

These next couple of months will certainly be interesting for the Dullards. Can they keep their shit together? At this point, it doesn't look like it. 

• Love 3

Yeah, a first-trimester pregnancy that wasn't going to be announced until January makes total sense, the more that I think about it. The Zika threat keeps them stateside, but after this week, I don't know that their sanity was well-served. If Jill DID miscarry, and the next day was the anniversary of Jubilee's stillbirth, I can see where she would have totally broken down, sending Derick on his MARRIAGE IS HARD!!!!, Santa's not real, and non-sensical pro-life rants. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Joe Jitsu913 said:

Thanks Joe.  You said what I've been trying to put into words.  I was confused when I first read it - I didn't realize  who Derick meant when he said sister-in-law then realized he meant Jubilee.  Why didn't he go full Duggarese & say Sister-in-LOVE?

I've been on narcotic painkillers for years because of my RA & wouldn't be able to move without them because of the pain.  I like to say I'm dependent on them and not addicted.  In all those years I've never acted like Derick. (Maybe cuz I take them correctly as prescribed.)   I've never been off my rocker like he is acting.  I thought these type of drugs are supposed to give you the euphoric  "everything is wonderful" feeling & Derick Downer is showing the opposite. He may be taking/using sporadically or going thru withdrawal when he can't  get something & that's when the wacky comes out. Or we just see the rants when the drug is wearing off. Who knows? Drugs may be part of his problem but I also agree with the others that Jill may have miscarried adding to all the craziness. I also think she miscarried or something happened to her in Danger America when Boob & MEchelle went on one of their visits.  I've never seen Jill look so glad to see her mother when they arrived.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, abstractstuff said:

West Side Story. Womb to tomb. Birth to Earth. It's also used a lot by pro-lifers. 

Actually, it was originally "Womb to tomb, Sperm to worm." You can hear it on the original soundtrack ?

• Love 4

@Barb23  I also have take nnarcotics for painter years and never felt any euphoria.  The FDA lowered the prescription strength a couple of years ago and then made you present a script written by a doc, the original, every month.  Good, another chore to drag my pain wracked body to do.  And for all of that I am currently in so much pain I can't do walking, stretching, yoga to keep as loose as possible contributing to depression.  I'd cry if I could.  "Euphoria hell, this isn't even remotely adequate relief.  I am sure I'mnot addicted.  No pain, no problem.  There ae plenty of studies done showing that those who need them, don't become addicted.  I don't think they are strong enough anymore  to have an effect.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Micks Picks said:

@Barb23  I also have take nnarcotics for painter years and never felt any euphoria.  The FDA lowered the prescription strength a couple of years ago and then made you present a script written by a doc, the original, every month.  Good, another chore to drag my pain wracked body to do.  And for all of that I am currently in so much pain I can't do walking, stretching, yoga to keep as loose as possible contributing to depression.  I'd cry if I could.  "Euphoria hell, this isn't even remotely adequate relief.  I am sure I'mnot addicted.  No pain, no problem.  There ae plenty of studies done showing that those who need them, don't become addicted.  I don't think they are strong enough anymore  to have an effect.

I think I read somewhere once that the euphoria does't really kick in unless you are not actually in pain when you take them. Which kind of fits...I remember having them after a particularly nasty surgery a few years ago, and while they did keep me from being in agony, I don't recall any euphoria. I have had some prescribed a time or two over the years when they might not have been absolutely necessary, though, and did finish the prescription because they did make me feel pleasantly loopy. That being said, it was maybe three weeks' worth of painkillers over the past dozen years, so I wouldn't say I'd addicted! LOL

• Love 2

Well, he's successfully distracted everyone from talk of the horrible kiss... lol.  That's the kind of kiss I'd be perfectly happy to passport and assume that anyone of my coupled-up acquaintance has been having, and not require them to show it off.

6 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Thanks Joe.  You said what I've been trying to put into words.  I was confused when I first read it - I didn't realize  who Derick meant when he said sister-in-law then realized he meant Jubilee.  Why didn't he go full Duggarese & say Sister-in-LOVE?

And why is he not including his brother-in-law J'Caleb?

• Love 19
45 minutes ago, lianau said:

And why is he not including his brother-in-law J'Caleb?

That's what I was just about to say!!! Why do we never hear about him? They seem to consider Jubilee more of a sibling because they had the show when she came along. Boob and J'chelle never got a chance to use J'Caleb to propagate their pro-life message. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh JTDC, now he's playing the holier than thou martyr card. Dude gas well and truly lost it.

And to think they named that sweet child after this man.  Yes, dear little Spurgeon, you are a horrible, horrible person and you will be trained to know that!

• Love 2

@Christina87, Yes they did use "Caleb." That miscarriage, which Dr. Wheat told them was directly related to the Pill, was the entire impetus for their subsequent baby hoarding. Remember that the next thing Mechelle always says in that anecdote is that after they stopped taking the Pill and gave it up to God, the big guy made it up to them by giving them twins!

j'Caleb never had a name until Jubilee, but that miscarriage gas been used as a pro-life propaganda tool by them as long as they've had a platform to tell their misguided story.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

From womb to tomb?? what the ever loving fuck!! Is that the newest catch phrase from the fundies? This is next level crazy it doesnt even make sense. But i am enjoying it. LOL

Yeah, I think it is. That "Desiring God" person -- John Piper -- that Derick quoted on the marriage thing uses the phrase, as do others. Really, Derick mostly just appears to be quoting some of the Dugg/Dill/Sees favorite traveling fundie preachers in this stuff that we in the non-fundie world are interpreting as his personal insanity. Jessa and Bin quote Piper also in their ranting sometimes. And I have a vague memory of the Dills or somebody else touting a visit by Piper to Cross Church maybe a couple years ago.

They really do live in their own bubble of crazy talk, and I'm sure they have absolutely no idea that other people won't recognize what they're saying as top memes of the age. Social media brings their quoting into the mainstream of people who have no idea what they're saying. And when they get the pushback I'm sure they;'re stunned and really do think it's satanic or something. Since their own little group of like-minded fundies are certainly quoting the exact same stuff as they are and embracing it as major wisdom.

No wonder they think we're all dangerously satanic. We appear to be rejecting stuff deliberately that they have accepted as most godly. And they don't even know that to most people it's completely unknown and sounds utterly foreign. They quote it without any explanation and truly expect it to be met by big Amens and then don't know what to say when it isn't. So they double down, of course. With the Dills hanging around the Seewalds these days, I'm sure they're reinforcing each other's embrace of fundie voices like Piper's.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8

Oh JTDC, now he's playing the holier than thou martyr card. Dude has well and truly lost it.

Well, I don't know what this makes me, exactly. But atheist that I am, I completely agree with Spurgie's statement here! I actually find it quite a reasonable statement and a good moderating ethical principle to go by. Well written, too. So if Derick's crazy on this one, so am I. lol

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Context us everything here. Given the pounding Derick has taken this week, let's just say that it's a clear case of self-defense. Of course he thinks he's taking the high road! LOL

Well, at least he apparently sees that the high road requires quelling your anger and thinking on the fact that you yourself are pretty imperfect. If he reads the thing correctly, then at least he's made a good choice of high road, in my opinion.

I don't approve of the Dugg Gang's incessant posting on social media, since I do know that all of it, including this of course, is part of their delusional mission-cum-Please-Watch-Us-On-TeeVee PR. On the other hand, I don't approve of our utterly indiscriminate bashing of everything they do or say without ever really looking at the details either. And, as they say, we're the ones who are old enough and presumably enlightened enough to know better. Whereas they live in a bubble of ignorance and bigotry.

So I agree with your distaste for DD's extended social-media ravings, including this one, which of course is self defense!

But I also agree with Spurgeon's quote. And I hope DD truly agrees with it, too. Although I wouldn't bet money that he does. (wouldn't necessarily bet heavily against his agreeing with it either, though. I continue to think (hope) that the Duggar adjacent guys may occasionally have a reasonable thought here and there, unlike most of the actual Duggarlings....!)

• Love 4

Oh, I agree that taking the high road in real life situations is commendable. Most people don't want to be THAT person! LOL

As I said, this is a context issue, and in the progression of his postings and the bashing he's taken due to them. If he has just ignored his twitter (which I doubt he has, since he kept piling on), then good on him; that would be taking the highest road possible. Jill does this. Ben actually responds on occasion, not unkindly most of the time. Jessa goes the other route, banning and blocking, but never directly responding as to WHY she's banning/blocking: I've found her "rules" to be quite inconsistent based on my personal experiences. How one gets banned without ever posting on one's page, well, girlfriend had time to do some serious digging apparently based on a tagged post. She took out about 30 of us that day. 

At any rate, I'd say Derick falls somewhere in the middle. Yes, he's letting the criticism stand and not directly responding to it, but he continued to post rather inflammatory stuff in what appeared to be retaliation, then this parting shot about taking the high road. I hope this is the end of this season of his life. It's been an odd, strange trip. :D

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, I don't know what this makes me, exactly. But atheist that I am, I completely agree with Spurgie's statement here! I actually find it quite a reasonable statement and a good moderating ethical principle to go by. Well written, too. So if Derick's crazy on this one, so am I. lol

I'm a Methodist, and I had something of the same thought, Churchhoney. Assuming the fault-finding person is reasonably sane, I generally admit to myself there's more truth in his/her words than I find comfortable. Spurgeon's style is quite old-fashioned now. And he was a Calvinist and I Wesleyan -- so differences. Still he was pretty mainstream in his time and popular because he addressed hard truths about the human condition. I believe he always focused his words on his own perceived short-comings rather than accuse others. It was a way to self-examine, not examine other people. 

And that is where he differs from DD, I believe. 

Edited by mbutterfly
  • Love 7

I don't have an issue with this particular Spurgeon quote, since people only speak ill of others for what they see, as in the face we present to the world.  There's what they don't see as well, the darker side of our nature that we keep under wraps...that may be what Spurgeon was referring to.

I agree with @Churchhoney that I often feel bad for ripping the Duggettes or their men a new one or snarking on them. Texas is jam packed full of evangelicals, many of whom are insufferable, but also nice ones who would be mortified to cause anyone any offense, and would learn from the experience and open their minds a bit.  These are the same people, for example, suspicious of Muslims (collectively), but would say that Abdullah, who owns the convenience store and gas station they go to as "a patriotic, good, decent stand up guy", when talking about individuals.  I see more signs in Spanish and many  Hindu and Muslim business owners on the road between where I live and go to my childhood home, than ever before, so that tells me that acceptance is slowly coming around in some parts of the state I live in.  

We often forget that it's easy to be misunderstood even when we meant no offense by posting something innocent or only meant for consumption by those who actually follow us (re: Duggars and Leghumpers") and then we get ripped to shreds, and we are all far from being sheltered or uninformed.

It is almost impossible for those as sheltered and full of limited thinking as Duggars to not offend.  They probably think they are "with it" by simply being on social media, and just can't understand how something they have been told they must believe as "truth" would be seen as hateful or divisive. Their beliefs and credo have been reinforced by only those they were approved to associate with. I still don't think they realize just how far from the mainstream they still are, but I do give them credit for trying to participate in it, even though they make me roll my eyes most of the time.

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh, I agree that taking the high road in real life situations is commendable. Most people don't want to be THAT person! LOL

As I said, this is a context issue, and in the progression of his postings and the bashing he's taken due to them. If he has just ignored his twitter (which I doubt he has, since he kept piling on), then good on him; that would be taking the highest road possible. Jill does this. Ben actually responds on occasion, not unkindly most of the time. Jessa goes the other route, banning and blocking, but never directly responding as to WHY she's banning/blocking: I've found her "rules" to be quite inconsistent based on my personal experiences. How one gets banned without ever posting on one's page, well, girlfriend had time to do some serious digging apparently based on a tagged post. She took out about 30 of us that day. 

At any rate, I'd say Derick falls somewhere in the middle. Yes, he's letting the criticism stand and not directly responding to it, but he continued to post rather inflammatory stuff in what appeared to be retaliation, then this parting shot about taking the high road. I hope this is the end of this season of his life. It's been an odd, strange trip. :D

And I completely agree with you that he should just shut up! I suppose that he doesn't partly because he has this itch to be an influence on all the critics. In a way, I expect he's kind of trying out that U.S.-based mission we've all recommended for him! -- Not gonna work any better than the Central American one, though, I'm afraid. lol. Like the rest of them, he greatly overestimates the size of the audience for his stuff, I expect.

Edited by Churchhoney

I'm pretty sure the DPRK twitter is a parody/satire account.

But I'm not sure what to make of this retweet. Does he realize that's Colonel Sanders of KFC? What sort of statement is he trying to make by retweeting this?

Untitled.jpg

I hope to God Triple D got that joke. Jill? Likely not, but Derick? He should get the reference. 

What I find interesting is the lack of response to his tweets, and most of those who respond are critics. Maybe his tweets and posts to Instagram are over the heads of his actual audience, which, if anything like all of the other Duggar social media accounts, consists primarily of tween/teen girls. But you don't see the fawning adoration on his pages like you see on the other pages. 

If Derick can't even hold his core audience, how does he expect to convert total strangers with different beliefs? Even goofy Ben is far more affable and might make something of himself one day (with the help of Duggar $$$$ of course). 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

Dullard Family Christmas at Cathy's. I'm kind of worried about Izzy eating the barn animals of that Nativity scene on the floor. I also wonder who's traveling that they can't have Christmas at least on Christmas Eve (I assume Jill is bound to go to her family's on Christmas...all...day...long). Dan and Cathy are local, and it seems as if Deena is as well, maybe she has a parent who lives out of state? That's all I got. 

21 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Dullard Family Christmas at Cathy's. I'm kind of worried about Izzy eating the barn animals of that Nativity scene on the floor. I also wonder who's traveling that they can't have Christmas at least on Christmas Eve (I assume Jill is bound to go to her family's on Christmas...all...day...long). Dan and Cathy are local, and it seems as if Deena is as well, maybe she has a parent who lives out of state? That's all I got. 

Wait ... what? First one with Izzy? Wasn't he around last Christmas? Can someone translate?

Nah, the Dullards were in Danger America last year, so I guess Christmas via Skype at best. Everyone has just visited them earlier in the month, and remember they didn't come home between October and August. 

And it also looks like NO ONE went to Danger America this year. Maybe the Dullards quit in disgrace (or got fired for incompetence) after all. 

I still want to know what happened this week that sent them going off the rails on the crazy train. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, scriggle said:

I'm pretty sure the DPRK twitter is a parody/satire account.

But I'm not sure what to make of this retweet. Does he realize that's Colonel Sanders of KFC? What sort of statement is he trying to make by retweeting this?

Untitled.jpg

It's the English language twitter account of the North Korean government if their description is accurate on the account bio. He really is a dolt.

4 minutes ago, maraleia said:

It's the English language twitter account of the North Korean government if their description is accurate on the account bio. He really is a dolt.

It doesn't have the little checkmark indicating an authenticated account. I didn't dig any further than that and I wasn't about to click the link in their profile on the off-chance it was North Korea's twitter. It reads like a parody/satire account.

But still, why did Dullard retweet that? I can't figure it out.

I checked the follows. It's definitely a parody site set up to look real. But a real account representing North Korea wouldn't follow George Takei. I can see humorless Derick Dullard getting sucked in. heehee

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

His Spurgeon makes a lot of sense paired with this one. He's feeling quite persecuted, and he's making super sure that we all know that he's wearing the white cowboy hat. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

I think the nativity scene is actually on a table...The perspective from that to the carpet looks as though it's higher up, just that the finish on the table rather looks like floorboards.

• Love 11

Who's stocking IS it? It's either Dan's or Deena's; you can read the names on the Dullards' stockings on the right and Izzy's in the middle. 

I assume it's Deena's, only because Jill's is below Derick's, but I could be totally off (and it would kill my OCD :D ). As for what that is? Not a clue. 

eta: Okay, I see the candy cane. What's the orange thing behind it? I was connecting them as one thing, maybe that's why I was so confused. 

Edited by Sew Sumi

Maybe she doesn't have a tree.  There seems to be presents stacked around the fireplace and usually you would find wrapped gifts under the tree.

So do fundies not believe in Christmas trees, but they do believe in Christmas stockings?  Makes no sense to me, the tree is supplied and decorated by the family but the stocking is filled by "Santa."

Edited by riverblue22
  • Love 1