Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

One of the old meanings of portion was "my lot in life," "my destiny," "the big thing in my life" -- that type of thing. So -- God is it for me -- my fate, my destiny, the main thing that I have and cling to. And old bible translation will be full of archaic definitions, you know. .... Ironic of course that the Duggs are so stupid and ignorant that they don't know what words mean currently, let alone have any understanding of word history and what things meant in Shakespeare's day.

The "portion" usage was very very common in the past. And you still hear it some today in hymns and things derived from hymns. One of my faves,, His Eye Is on the Sparrow, goes "Jesus is my portion. My only friend is he."     Heck, Lauryn Hill sings that one. ... Not that a Duggar would know about Lauryn Hill either.

They're just parrots; Possibly not as smart as parrots, actually.

LOL Churchie, I distilled *portion" into one word: refuge c(NIV translation). Jill had a bad day and took refuge in her faith. Pretty basic stuff, especially if it was a negative EPT or a miscarriage that upset her. Why else post that publicly? Just to show off his godly she is! Bah, that's her husband's domain.

• Love 3

Interesting. Innocent post or thinly veiled declaration of buyer's remorse? In fairness to Jill, I think there's a heaping dose of regret on both sides at this point. Either way, something is going on. Derick looks like shit. When you're happy, you don't look like shit. Maybe his physical appearance is the residual effect of his botched surgery, but still.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I really wonder what happened to Jill yesterday that he obviously couldn't cope with? Between this and the Santa post, he seems delusional.

yeah, bad vibe with the Dullards.  Jill most likely got her period and is very upset.  She posted that to "encourage" others. The part about flesh gives it a body/medical feel to it. 

I would be pissed if my husband gave that an "Amen" publicly if we were a public couple.  It doesn't seen very loving or happy. Don't air dirty laundry, ya know? 

Santa?  Derick is mentally unstable and has gone head first into this ultra strict religion in order to self medicate his mental problems.  

Who the heck knows what triggered that little rant?  He saw Santa at the mall and had a flip out?  Jessa's stockings set him off? Someone wore a santa hat to Bible study? 

• Love 6

Yikes!! Derick is sick, Jill isn't pregnant and perhaps Jill is on the verge of a nervous breakdown because of it and Derick just up and left!? What a mess. I hope that Jill comes out of this situation ok. We all worry about her fail state after what she endured in the past. One more thing and that girl is going to crack. 

• Love 4

A couple of days ago I saw on the news a clip of some lunatic preacher at a big mall in Texas.  The newscast gave his name as Pastor whateverhisfirstnameis and he was trolling the line of kids to see Santa and yelling at the top of his lungs that Santa isn't real kids, don't waste your time, there is no Santa and he isn't going to get you anything.  It took longer than I thought before he got up close and personal confrontation from a couple of dads.  Nothing physical.

As far as Jill goes, she may not be having recurring effects of being touched as a kid.  That really may be the least of her myriad of problems.  But that may well be the one thing she really has put down.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

I bet Derrick has nice happy memories of growing up with Santa too, what a dick.

Again, it becomes clear why Triple D couldn't find a date, let alone a wife, and ended up in the relationship he's in.

Hey, Triple D, just a thought: I don't believe in Santa, either. I also do not believe in people who don't bother getting a job and expect strangers to fund their lifestyle. Is God "Santa" in your life?

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

Again, it becomes clear why Triple D couldn't find a date, let alone a wife, and ended up in the relationship he's in.

Remember when we all wondered why "normal" college educated  Derick got involved with the Duggars?  Kinda obvious now! He is really unraveling.

• Love 8

and in 5 kids from now this will also be Ben freaking out. 

I thin the stint in danger america and probably being asked by SOS ministries has sent Derick over the edge. His wife has ruined his dreams of being a missionary because she can't handle anything, and now he is trapped. I wonder if they are really even trying to have a a baby? I mean I could see Derick being totally upset and disinterested in Jill and Jill whining and harping on him to get busy having a kid...

The empathetic side of me hopes hes not having a break down but on the other hand he seems like an asshole so im getting my popcorn ready lol

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, Micks Picks said:

A couple of days ago I saw on the news a clip of some lunatic preacher at a big mall in Texas.  The newscast gave his name as Pastor whateverhisfirstnameis and he was trolling the line of kids to see Santa and yelling at the top of his lungs that Santa isn't real kids, don't waste your time, there is no Santa and he isn't going to get you anything.  It took longer than I thought before he got up close and personal confrontation from a couple of dads.  Nothing physical.

As far as Jill goes, she may not be having recurring effects of being touched as a kid.  That really may be the least of her myriad of problems.  But that may well be the one thing she really has put down.

I posted a WaPo article about this guy on his feed before he deleted it. I think he heard if that story and liked it! At any rate, he deleted the post soon after my offerings. He did not ban me as I originally thought: I later searched him and was still "following" him. That changes if you're banned. Ask me how I know. ?

• Love 1

Couldn't type in the box above, but wanted to add that Triple D may want to take his own advice.

He's opened his mouth to remove all doubt: he's a xenophobic asshole.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

social media is not good for people with mental health issues.  Seriously.  They are often impulsive and experiencing a mood swing when they erratically post things, which they later have to delete.  

We all know the unstable social media posters whether in our personal life or public figures/celebrities.   Most people can make rational judgments about what is appropriate and what is not.  People with mental health issues make poor decisions on social media.  We read stuff and think "WTF?" Next thing, it's gone.  Poof. 

Derick is one of those people.  He makes odd decisions on what to post and then takes it down when people get angry and he realizes that was a bad idea. This is a frequent issue with him. Erratic, unstable and it seems, delusional.  If this is how erratic Derick is on social media, imagine him in real life?  Yikes.    

• Love 13
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

I don't think anyone is "born" wanting to be married, and certainly no one is ready until they are mature enough to understand and work at it.

I expect JIm Bob thinks he was, though. ; )  Of course Jim Bob also thinks he was born a tremendous prize.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, toodles said:

See above post.  In case you can't see it, Derick retweeted this.  Derick needs to find a job.  He really needs something else to do.

I think having a job would definitely help. However, I'm sorry to say that I know people who do have jobs and who keep tweeting this same stuff. Once ya get the fervor in ya, I guess those tweets just keep coming. It's probably like a drug addiction. You get a high with each tweet.

• Love 4

And yet another example of Derick being in a bad place emotionally the past few days.  Now Planned Parenthood.  Even if you disagree with PP, this is NOT a good idea to post. It will only incite an argument and no one wins.  

My point about social media and mental health issues...they don't think things through and get into some irrational state where they feel they have to inform everyone of some insane thought.    It all makes sense in Derick's head but in real life, it accomplishes NOTHING.  Just twitter wars and ugly attacks. No purpose, Derick. Twitter hasn't changed anyone's mind on these hot topics.  Just inflames this issue more...   

• Love 3
2 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

His wife has ruined his dreams of being a missionary because she can't handle anything, and now he is trapped. 

This!!!!!!!^^^

i had legitimately never thought of this possibility, but it makes soooo much more sense than literally anything else!!! Derick is obviously not okay physically, and Jill is not okay emotionally. It also explains Derick hissing, "we don't talk about that" during the catch-up show. There is definitely something awful happening in their marriage. 

I remember how everyone commented on ben's obvious unhappiness in season 1 of counting on, because he was always surly, disinterested, and cold to Jessa, but looking back, that was nothing compared to the current Jill/Derick dynamic. Thankfully, the Seewalds have seemed to have a better, more supportive relarionship this season. It's totally possible Ben was just too young to realize what he was getting into, and suffering from the effects of having a child so young, staying up all night changing diapers, and eating a proper dinner only twice a month. When this season started and he wasn't acting surly, I thought it was just an Internet FU, but after several episodes I was convinced that their relationship was back on track. They seem to both adore Spurgie, and have good relationships with Jinger and Jeremy too. Maybe Ben also brought up his concerns over issues like nutrition, and they worked those out. 

Jill/Derick on the other hand give me a scary vibe. This is not an adjustment period; that happened when Jill whined about being home all day, but they genuinely seemed in love and excited about their pregnancy. Jill is so emotionally fragile, doesn't seem to have a bond with her own child, and seemed down during the show. Derick is obviously unhealthy, bitter, and just a general asshole. Jill may havepassive aggressively sabotaged their mission career, while Derick may be sabotaging pregnancy. Their goals at this point seek completely different, and both seem to have major regret. That's why a brief courtship is not a good idea. If they'd just been dating for two to three years, this is probably when they'd break up.

• Love 15

I think anyone that spends 2+ years being exposed daily to the stilted world of Jill and Jim Bob, with the ability to WTF it all taken away in the name of The Lord, would have mental health issues. He's always struck me as someone who wants to do the right thing, but has no underlying personality or sense of self - the kind of person cults love to recruit. He comes across as a daycare worker who really, really, needs a day off. Ben and Jessa have outside couple friends. These two could benefit from not spending 24/7 together.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

I still say that Derrick has developed a raging opiate addiction.  He is showing all of the signs.  He has to be in a lot of pain because if his jaw/dental issues.  I hope that's not the case but I REALLY think it is. 

could be , he really looks like shit warmed over .

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lianau said:

could be , he really looks like shit warmed over .

It just all clicks into place for me. The timing of him starting to look so haggard after surgery, the continual weight loss,  not caring about his hygiene or appearance and it seems like he's been really snappy and out of sorts.  I see it so often and he shows all of the signs. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Could Jill and Derick divorce because of their covenant marriage? 

Yes, you can still divorce even with the silly covenant marriage arrangement.  It would just take longer with a few additional steps than if they'd done a regular marriage.  Of course, one could move to Oklahoma and establish residency and file there.  There are several options for them.

• Love 2

It might also explain why Jill hasn't become pregnant in nearly two years. Doesn't opiate abuse diminish sex drive? Whataver's going on, I hope they get their shit together for Izzy's sake, but of all the Duggar marriages I wasn't predicting for this one to crash and burn so quickly. I'd pegged Benessa to tank first.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8

Seems something's afoot with Muffy and Scruffy.  Many months ago, we had suspected Derick of opiate addiction.  It happens easily, particularly in countries where one can buy one pill at a time at a pharmacy, often without a script.

They left shortly after the surgery, which I imagine was very painful and a long recovery.  A US doc would quit writing him scripts after a period of time. With no one to supervise his medication, it's entirely possible.

• Love 4

An addiction to pain meds could be possible. I work in the mental health field and I wouldn't wish a substance issue on anyone, not even a Duggar/Dillard. 

@Arwen Evenstar US docs often continue prescribing pain meds for long periods of time, sometimes because it is needed and sometimes because the patient makes them think the meds are needed. When considering pain and pain medication MDs balance quality of life, and for some folks taking pain meds is the only way they can function. Also for some folks, taking one or two pills is enough to start them down the addiction path.  And like I said it's a journey I wouldn't wish on anyone.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, theironwoman said:

Forgive me if this has already been discussed ad nauseam , but I've been out of the loop Duggar wise: How necessary was Derick's jaw surgery? Was it largely a cosmetic issue or was it better for his long term health?

I don't know about the particulars of Derrick's situation but I would guess it was for the long term health of his teeth if nothing else. Just looking at how narrow his face was and how crowded his teeth were, you could tell he should have had major orthodontics work as a kid. I don't have Derrick's issues, but I do have a malocclusion that while not a big deal cosmetically, has resulted in molars that look like those of someone who grinds their teeth (I don't). As an adult surgery is the only option, but I don't want to risk potential side effects like nerve damage, so here I am with 2 crowns and probably more in the future.

Basically, even if it looks like just a cosmetic issue, wonky jaws/teeth always lead to problems, and it's best to correct them as young as possible.

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Rabbittron said:

I wonder what would happen  if Derrick is really sick and dies. What will they say that he was not Godly enough or that he was not Gothardified enough.

The donate button would just get larger

• Love 23
5 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

I wonder what would happen  if Derrick is really sick and dies. What will they say that he was not Godly enough or that he was not Gothardified enough.

Well, we would have a season of Jilly Muffin rolling him around on an office chair.

I will show myself to the Prayer Closet ...

• Love 21
6 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Well, we would have a season of Jilly Muffin rolling him around on an office chair.

I will show myself to the Prayer Closet ...

Annnnd MeChelle crying, saying "The Lord givith and The Lord takith away."

Edited by Fuzzysox
because I can't type or spell properly on my tiny little tablet
  • Love 7

I wouldn't wish addiction or any other illness on him or anyone else. He seemed like a nice, with it guy who we all thought would show poor, needy, sheltered Jilly Muffin a whole new world outside the Duggarverse, but instead he's been sucked into the vortex.

All those trips from her family to CA were just "off" IMO. Something isn't right when it happens that often.  Obviously for all his narcissism, Boob would be very upset to see that his favorite child wasn't being treated right or was miserable. If Jill wasn't being the proper Gothard wife, I'm wondering if she'd have gotten a dressing down from Boob about "contentment" and "wifely submission", or it would have been all Derick's fault, because his precious Muffy can do no wrong. 

He's tweeting about how we all want to get married, but most are unprepared for it.  Duh!!! No one is prepared for marriage. "Meant to be" or your selection "ordained by God" doesn't mean you put it on "auto pilot" and do nothing to work on it. 

• Love 10
53 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

The donate button would just get larger

Yogi for the win!0

Regarding Boob, he's a total dick, but at the end of the day I think he'd take his kids' sides over their spouses. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7

Ouch. ugly comment all around. (on twitter, not here). Get off Twitter Derick. It's not working out for you.  

Derick does look like he has a substance abuse issue. I'm thinking an eating disorder but opiates sound plausible also.  or both. 

Do you think anyone suspects anything is wrong with Derick? 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I wouldn't wish addiction or any other illness on him or anyone else. He seemed like a nice, with it guy who we all thought would show poor, needy, sheltered Jilly Muffin a whole new world outside the Duggarverse, but instead he's been sucked into the vortex.

All those trips from her family to CA were just "off" IMO. Something isn't right when it happens that often.  Obviously for all his narcissism, Boob would be very upset to see that his favorite child wasn't being treated right or was miserable. If Jill wasn't being the proper Gothard wife, I'm wondering if she'd have gotten a dressing down from Boob about "contentment" and "wifely submission", or it would have been all Derick's fault, because his precious Muffy can do no wrong. 

He's tweeting about how we all want to get married, but most are unprepared for it.  Duh!!! No one is prepared for marriage. "Meant to be" or your selection "ordained by God" doesn't mean you put it on "auto pilot" and do nothing to work on it. 

I sincerely hope he isn't addicted to anything. However it does seem plausible and certainly happens to millions of people - getting addicted to opiates after accidents/injuries/surgeries. There was an intervention episode just last week about a mom who had a horrific ( 4th degree tear) birth and got addicted to pain meds given to her by the doctor and subsequently heroin. She also had PPD, and I wonder if Derick's surgery coupled with the birth of Izzy and quick marriage made his mental state worse and more susceptible to addiction ( as if the drugs aren't powerful enough). I wonder if in CA he could have really easily gotten his drugs over the counter

those drugs are SCARY and can turn even the most normal people into addicts.

• Love 8

just thinking that Derick has an addiction is mind blowing.  Seriously.  He was a smiley guy who gave Jill a naughty front hug at the airport! 

But looking at the before/after pictures, he really looks it.  

I don't like Jill, she is my least favorite Duggar, but what a huge mess for her.  And Izzy. I feel bad for her. 

• Love 3