Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, lascuba said:

I don't know about the particulars of Derrick's situation but I would guess it was for the long term health of his teeth if nothing else. Just looking at how narrow his face was and how crowded his teeth were, you could tell he should have had major orthodontics work as a kid. I don't have Derrick's issues, but I do have a malocclusion that while not a big deal cosmetically, has resulted in molars that look like those of someone who grinds their teeth (I don't). As an adult surgery is the only option, but I don't want to risk potential side effects like nerve damage, so here I am with 2 crowns and probably more in the future.

Basically, even if it looks like just a cosmetic issue, wonky jaws/teeth always lead to problems, and it's best to correct them as young as possible.

Thank you for your explanation! I had extensive orthodontic work as a kid but nothing related to my palate or jaw. I did have one minor surgery to pull a tooth into the correct spot. Reading about Derick's experience, I now consider myself very lucky that I grew up close to an excellent oral surgeon. I wonder, considering his alarming weight loss and attitude, if Derick considers the surgery worth it.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

This thread has become virtually unreadable for me. On the previous page, it just kept scrolling up by itself and I couldn't stop it. Anyone else?

This is a known bug that popped up after last week's update which was supposed to fix a similar bug that did the same thing but in reverse.  It's been identified for Windows 7/10, IE 11 users.  If you are using a different platform and/or browser, go to the "FB/Twitter Embeds (Page scrolls slowly)" thread in the Bugs forum and report it so David can get its scope.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Guess Jill and Derick won't be asking Santa for a baby. 

Also, if Derick was addicted to something, would he be able to seek real help, or would the Duggar's send him to a Christian clinic? Or pray the addiction away?

He would be the next one at Reformers Unanimous ala Josh

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

He would be the next one at Reformers Unanimous ala Josh

Very fundamentalist religions aren't too fond of psychiatry at all.

I was IFB (lite) and that is one point that always bugged me. If people need help, get it! 

If you want to go down a rabbit hole, some IFB have explored the demonic roots of psychiatry...leading Jim Bob to his current uninformed state.  

• Love 4

Karma is a bitch. Seeing lots of sympathy on here for these two grifting losers. Imagine having a mission, going on a mission, complaining about the mission and no sympathy for the people of CA, but for the missionaries. What a farce this 'tv ministry' has become.

Just thought about how Derick was given grief for not showing emotion and properly comforting his wife as she was in tears... then I thought about how Jill just sat there while a woman in CA cried.

Edited by sometimesy
Example of my thought process.
  • Love 14

I wonder if the Duggars would be evil enough to know Derick needs help, but try to pray it away instead of sending him to RU because they absolutely can't afford another scandal. It would make me very mad, but I could see boob going on "double dates" where he offers spiritual advice, while fervently praying it away as not to hurt the brand. 

• Love 5

I'm one of those people who will be on pain meds for life because of a major spinal injury and 7 subsequent surgeries. I was so terrified of becoming addicted that I started going to Na meetings and got a sponsor.  I've heard a lot of stories at the meetings and in my opinion Derrick is showing every sign of having become addicted.  I hope I'm wrong because like others, I wouldn't wish addiction on ANYBODY.  

Somebody mentioned him just sitting there while Jill was crying, opiates numb your emotions to the point that you barely feel anything anymore. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

This thread has become virtually unreadable for me. On the previous page, it just kept scrolling up by itself and I couldn't stop it. Anyone else?

I thought my iPad was going wacky.

• Love 1

I don't think it would matter if Jim Bob didn't want to send Derick to RU or not.  From what I can see the program would be virtually useless.

I hope Derick isn't addicted to anything, but something seems definitely off and not healthy with Jill and Derick both.  Jill seems somewhat better since getting back to Arkansas, but Derick may be worse.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

I really enjoyed reading the comments, especially when Derick was asked about his sperm count.

Damn, and I thought WE were savage in our snark. Derrick just needs to give it up now. When you're unemployed, grifting for money and married into a family that protected a child molestor, you have no leg to stand on when it comes to social issues.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I really enjoyed reading the comments, especially when Derick was asked about his sperm count.

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Damn, and I thought WE were savage in our snark. Derrick just needs to give it up now. When you're unemployed, grifting for money and married into a family that protected a child molestor, you have no leg to stand on when it comes to social issues.

Awesome. These comments just made my night. So glad he's being confronted in twitter, apparently his and his idol's favorite venue for spouting hypocrisy. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder if that's contributed to him going over the edge, so to speak. I really thought them heading off to Central America was to get Jill away from the situation. Now he's spending holidays and special occasions with the man who molested his wife AND EVERYONE'S OKAY WITH IT! You know Derick knows that's fucked up. 

• Love 10
On 12/14/2016 at 0:46 PM, scriggle said:

Trouble in paradise Dullardville?

Untitled.jpg

Whoa there Betty Spaghetti....angry a tad? Jackass. If this were my husband tweeting this shit, even if it wasn't necessarily about me, it still would allude to it being me. Although the comments were funny?

• Love 4

Well, for many into their second year of marriage, the honeymoon is long over, the fantasy wears off, and shit gets real.

Derick realizes he's married a woman child who was raised in what can only be described as a cult, a woman who though she may be a good and decent girl, really has no clue about live and has never even been left on her own, much less allowed to be on her own. Life outside the Duggar bubble was too big a change for her.

Jill is realizing that Derick is a looney, may smell bad, and cares little for grooming and/or personal hygiene and may or may not have an opiate problem.  Playing missionary and pretending to be one on TV allows Derick to take his appendage with him, but in the real world, one goes to work sans spouse and is gone for 8 to 10+ hours a day. Does she not realize how the real world works? Dancing Derick needs to start working beyond interpretive dance and FU Internet Instagram posts of subbing for a day. He's got a clingy wife who's never held a job and a little boy to support. Jill needs to grow up, but then marriage has been idealized to her all her life, but now, shit just got real.

• Love 13

So yes they're experiencing year 3 now which can be very difficult for some couples.  They have a toddler which can be trying, all the moving, the Duggar in-laws, Jill seems to want a baby to catch up to Jessa, I'd be screaming very likely.  Or to tell the truth, this is me, I'd be scheming to move to Washington state or something.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, lianau said:

Going by his latest tweet , I think he has officially lost it .

Edit: I really hope he got hacked or is just trolling .

ddil.JPG

Wth does that even mean? He's lost his mind?

2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

What the actual fuck? Is Derick trolling his critics? I don't mean to diminish the pain of miscarriage, but talking about a deceased fetus that passed years before you met your wife is flat out weird. Are we in store for a Kanye-style breakdown? I also think posting the Jubilee pictures is exploitive and a pathetically veiled attempt to push their pro-life agenda.

But keep it coming, Triple D. What else do you have in store for us?

I'm expecting a Charlie Sheen type of scene.....popping popcorn now. Get comfy folks this could get interesting 

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

He has to have been hacked. That last tweet is disgusting no matter if it was a hacker or Derick. I hope someone took it down. It's absolutely awful.

Let him go batshit crazy on social media. Let's see what they reveal.

• Love 5

I wasn't bothered by the pics originally; everyone grieves in a different way, and by spreading their message, it probably made them feel like something good had come from the loss. However, it is tacky the way they push this years later, especially Derick, who wasn't even around when it happened! 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

He has to have been hacked. That last tweet is disgusting no matter if it was a hacker or Derick. I hope someone took it down. It's absolutely awful.

MissPussyGalore is giving Derick hell!  Lol.  The pic that is supposed to be Jubilee's hand/foot?  I think the Duggars stole that pic.  I don't think that's Jubilee at all.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

What the actual fuck? Is Derick trolling his critics? I don't mean to diminish the pain of miscarriage, but talking about a deceased fetus that passed years before you met your wife is flat out weird. Are we in store for a Kanye-style breakdown? I also think posting the Jubilee pictures is exploitive and a pathetically veiled attempt to push their pro-life agenda.

But keep it coming, Triple D. What else do you have in store for us?

From womb to tomb?? what the ever loving fuck!! Is that the newest catch phrase from the fundies? This is next level crazy it doesnt even make sense. But i am enjoying it. LOL

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

"Has my wife's foot"? What does that even mean?

2cf9oqb.jpg

Maybe it means that Derick has a foot fetish? He paints her toenails. Baby feet aren't that well defined, so how does he think fetus feet looks like his wife's?  Not mi nimizing the loss of Jubilee; the whole family's heartbreak was palpable, but fetal feet (so tiny) are even less defined than baby feet.  Maybe the foot fetishism means he's totally Gothard now.

• Love 4

And THIS is the best example of the theory that if you flaunt your relationship on social media, it's probably not all that great. Just the timing is suspect. Maybe Jill's been lurking on this board the past few days. ? like other posters have said, they're both cracking. 

ETA: did anyone notice something that looked like patchy bald spots and/or gray hair on the back of derick's head? I just noticed this because a couple months ago, I was iron deficient and had a scary amount of hair fall out, leading to bald spots that grew back in gray at first. It stands to reason that someone that thin has nutrient deficiencies somewhere! Derick, go get a blood test, please!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 14