Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, scriggle said:

Derricks Dullard's twitter

"Hey kids, Santa isn't real."

Really, he's got nothing better to do? Oh, right, he doesn't.

I saw some other fundie tweeting out that crap earlier today. I suppose Dullard follows him (or the organization, I really can't remember who it was), and just did the charitable thing and passed the word along. 

FWIW, he's getting lambasted in the comments. LMAO

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

If he were hacked I can guarantee that there would be much much worse things posted. Hackers don't just tweet one mildly obnoxious post. I got hacked a while ago and she posted many insane things.

Derick should have taken that Proverbs verse to heart. Idiot.

• Love 2

LOL, he blocked before he deleted. I commented that he wasn't hacked, was parroting others, and posted an article from the WaPo about an evangelical pastor who shouted the same sentiment in front of a bunch of little schoolchildren. 

God, he's such a pussy. It's no big loss; I almost never use Twitter anyway, and I certainly never read his drivel unless directed to a certain post of idiocy. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

This is what epically pisses me off about the Duggars/Dillards. Stand by your shit! If you truly believe in being a giant raging asshole on twitter, then don't delete it once your feel the heat. I mean, isn't standing by your beliefs like a giant part of Christianity? Would Jesus delete his tweets ???

And it was probably the least offensive thing the Dillards don't believe in ( Santa). Can't even stand up for himself! What a pathetic person. Can't take the heat stay out of the twitter kitchen. Or apologize if you think you made a mistake in tweeting

I bet Derrick has nice happy memories of growing up with Santa too, what a dick.

Someone want to take one for the team and ask him about that picture of him and his brother with Santa that he posted in past years? (edited b/c I checked Cathy's Instagram, and it wasn't her, and I DO remember a picture of little Dillard boys on Santa's lap.)

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

Shame on all of them and their sanctimonious bullshit.  That tweet just pissed me off to no end.  Do an anti-Santa dance to preach to us, but stay the hell off Twitter.  I feel really sorry for their poor kid.  

• Love 13

It bugs me when people pick and choose.   So santa is a problem but the tree is not? They posted the tree on Instagram but tweeting about Santa? Such a hypocrite. Typical Derick. 

How about Jill adhering to women having long hair but yet the next few verses forbid long hair on a man? 

Derick is a total ass. I can't stand him. 

6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill's caption makes me think she got more bad news from her EPTs. 

Yikes.  Yeah, that sounds like a woman who wants a baby and got her period.  

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, scriggle said:

All it said was what I quoted: "Hey kids, Santa isn't real."

It's been deleted.

Wow, what a dick. Why do these people have such a gripe with Santa? It's harmless fun that most children grow out of before they're in double-digit years. Oh, wait. "Fun." I forgot that concept is evil to the Duggars.

Regarding Jill, it seems like she wants another baby for all the wrong reasons, so it's probably a good thing she's only peeing one line on the EPT.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Marigold said:

It bugs me when people pick and choose.   So santa is a problem but the tree is not? They posted the tree on Instagram but tweeting about Santa? Such a hypocrite. Typical Derick. 

How about Jill adhering to women having long hair but yet the next few verses forbid long hair on a man? 

Derick is a total ass. I can't stand him. 

Yikes.  Yeah, that sounds like a woman who wants a baby and got her period.  

Maybe its because I am not religious but can someone explain the whole " God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.." I get the first part but..

What is the portion ? God is a portion of what? Or she is a portion? Confused.

• Love 1

It just occurred to me that Jill could have had a miscarriage, and maybe that destroyed Derick's faith in fun things like Santa. Who knows with these people? 

Either way, the way her post was framed - publicly - makes it clear that it's something related to her fertility. Because with her, what else is there?

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Maybe its because I am not religious but can someone explain the whole " God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.." I get the first part but..

A portion likely refers to spiritual sustenance rather than a physical potion of food, where you'll soon be hungry again.

• Love 4
On 12/13/2016 at 9:30 PM, BitterApple said:

Wow, what a dick. Why do these people have such a gripe with Santa? It's harmless fun that most children grow out of before they're in double-digit years. Oh, wait. "Fun." I forgot that concept is evil to the Duggars.

Regarding Jill, it seems like she wants another baby for all the wrong reasons, so it's probably a good thing she's only peeing one line on the EPT.

Some of them feel it is lying to the kids. Others say they are afraid  that when kids find  out that Santa  is not real they will not believe  in Jesus  also.  My response  to that is it depends  on how you " treat  " Jesus , if you talk about  Jesus  all year and your life shows you follow  Him, and you just talk about Santa  once a year  the kids will know who is real and not. Christian  here, who if I had  kids they would  get presents from Santa  . 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It just occurred to me that Jill could have had a miscarriage, and maybe that destroyed Derick's faith in fun things like Santa. Who knows with these people? 

Either way, the way her post was framed - publicly - makes it clear that it's something related to her fertility. Because with her, what else is there?

I think you might be on to something. These people are insane. I can see Derick walking around ripping down Christmas stockings and tearing up Jills letters to santa. Either way that tweet is a scary indicator of his personality. What a jerk

3 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

A portion likely refers to spiritual sustenance rather than a physical potion of food, where you'll soon be hungry again.

Thank you <3. I was raised in a very liberal methodist church...not much bible study. Appreciate the insight!

• Love 3

I just realized that his refusal to act as Santa will lose him lots of late night milk and cookies that certainly wouldn't have hurt him. 

And Derick, wait until Izzy asks why you have a tree. Good luck with that one, dude!! Pagans have to be much worse than Catholic saints in their little, hateful world. 

Derick is a real-life Scrooge. Screw him. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Southern speak:  That boy is trying' too hard. 

For some reason, maybe money, maybe Jill's sanity, maybe he "caught" Gothardism, or something, he's going after things with the fervor of the just converted.

• Love 2

I think it's perfectly possible for a child to have an amazing, fun-filled Christmas while being taught that Santa Claus is not a real person but rather a symbol of love and generosity and merriment. (It's worked great  for three generations of my family, and believe me, we do Christmas in a big way because my husband is like a giant bearded 8-year-old during the holdays.) But being a legalistic scold toward Christians who choose to do the Santa thing is just beyond obnoxious. I hope Derick will teach his kids not to ruin other kids' fun, but I'm not optimistic about that. 

Edited by Portia
  • Love 22

The post is stupid all around. Thankfully I doubt too many Santa believing kids are following Derick. But how offensive to any of his friends acquaintances who celebrate Christmas, Santa and all.

I can imagine Ben & Derick having a passionate discussion about how wrong it is for parents to allow their children to believe in Santa and feeding each others flame, and bam, Derick tweets.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

One of the old meanings of portion was "my lot in life," "my destiny," "the big thing in my life" -- that type of thing. So -- God is it for me -- my fate, my destiny, the main thing that I have and cling to. And old bible translation will be full of archaic definitions, you know. .... Ironic of course that the Duggs are so stupid and ignorant that they don't know what words mean currently, let alone have any understanding of word history and what things meant in Shakespeare's day.

The "portion" usage was very very common in the past. And you still hear it some today in hymns and things derived from hymns. One of my faves,, His Eye Is on the Sparrow, goes "Jesus is my portion. My only friend is he."     Heck, Lauryn Hill sings that one. ... Not that a Duggar would know about Lauryn Hill either.

They're just parrots; Possibly not as smart as parrots, actually.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

When you're an extreme Fundy, you're often a humorless jerk who lives to spoil other people's fun.  It's what you do. 

Derick sounds like he is mad at the world. IDK he might be sick and not getting any medical attention thus making him more crazy than we originally thought!?

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

And Derick, wait until Izzy asks why you have a tree. Good luck with that one, dude!! Pagans have to be much worse than Catholic saints in their little, hateful world. 

Derick is a real-life Scrooge. Screw him. 

He can tell one of the various legends of the Christmas tree which brings Christianity into it without the Pagan history.  I remember one story: When Christianity was first coming into Northern Europe a saint (I can't remember which one. I want to say St. Nicholas) was upset with the Pagans/neophyte Christians  worshipping the oak tree during the holy season. The saint with one mighty blow, cut the great oak and as the tree split, a beautiful young fir tree sprang from its center. "This evergreen, with its branches pointing to heaven," said the saint, "is a holy tree, the tree of the Christ Child and a symbol of His promise of eternal life."  After that, they brought the tree into their houses to remind themselves of the Christ Child and decorate it to show their love for Him and for each other.

If the Dillards are really traditional and get a balsam, they can also go on about how the branches have a cross at the end to remind everyone how Jesus died on the cross for them. Fun times!

I never did santa and still don't with my youngest. I would never get involved in a santa debate, much less a public one.  Everyone can believe what they want...there is room for all opinions.

After all the dramatic poverty, crime and sadness in Danger America that they claim to have been part of, you would think he realizes santa arguments are not important.  Nope. Derick is going to make some lunatic proclamation about santa.  From a man who dressed up as Pistol Pete? Did the little kids think Pistol Pete was real? Is that a sin too? 

I also thought about Jessa with the stockings...a jab at her sounds about right. Derick seems like such a jerk. 

I would imagine that Derick and Jessa aren't the best of friends.  I can't see them together at all.  I can't see Derick friendly with anyone.  i think he is a angry loner who smiles when appropriate. 

• Love 11

Last night I watched the video where Derick and Jill talk about the dangers in CA.  I couldn't believe the lack of reactions/sympathy/anything from those listening to the story.  When Derick put his arm around Jill, it looked like something scripted and his hand just kind of hung there instead of touching her arm, or rubbing it or something normal.  They barely looked at each other.

I'm totally confused about Derick.  He spent 2 years in Nepal right?  He was healthy there, and did actual work, he showed he had some brains and opinions - what happened to that young man?

• Love 10

i really think Derick has mental health issues.   He seemed happy and "normal" when they were courting.  His smile seemed genuine.

Now? This guy looks like an angry, emotionally shut down loner with an eating disorder. 

I noticed that about Derick too. Jill cried and Derick looked forced to DO something.  Jessa (of all people) looked warmer than Derick with her comment about the gunfire and how she was scared too. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Ripley68 said:

Last night I watched the video where Derick and Jill talk about the dangers in CA.  I couldn't believe the lack of reactions/sympathy/anything from those listening to the story.  When Derick put his arm around Jill, it looked like something scripted and his hand just kind of hung there instead of touching her arm, or rubbing it or something normal.  They barely looked at each other.

I'm totally confused about Derick.  He spent 2 years in Nepal right?  He was healthy there, and did actual work, he showed he had some brains and opinions - what happened to that young man?

56 minutes ago, Marigold said:

i really think Derick has mental health issues.   He seemed happy and "normal" when they were courting.  His smile seemed genuine.

Now? This guy looks like an angry, emotionally shut down loner with an eating disorder. 

I noticed that about Derick too. Jill cried and Derick looked forced to DO something.  Jessa (of all people) looked warmer than Derick with her comment about the gunfire and how she was scared too. 

In Derrick's defense (god, I've never felt so dirty in my life), how many times had Jill cried about the shower rack at that point? I know the popular refrain is that "all feelings are valid" but crying over a fallen shower rack several months after it happened is worthy of scorn even from one's spouse. He might have been properly comforting the first 974 times Jill cried about it. After the 975th all he can manage is to refrain from telling her to STFU. (This is also why I have a tiny bit of sympathy for David Waller and how impatient he is with Priscilla...imagine having to listen to her talk every day. I'd be perpetually gritting my teeth, too.) And Jessa's "warmth" in that scene seemed to me to be an attempt to mitigate Jill's ridiculousness...she looked like she was well aware that Jill's tears were not going to play well with viewers, so she jumped in with the "gun shots all the time" bit to justify Jill's behavior.

I agree about Derrick's general change in demeanor, though I'm not at all surprised by it. It stands to reason that someone from a fairly normal background and a legitimate college education who chooses to become more religious must be a major asshole.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

I never did santa and still don't with my youngest. I would never get involved in a santa debate, much less a public one.  Everyone can believe what they want...there is room for all opinions.

Bbbbbbuuuttttt, Marigold, you did what you thought was right for your family, but you also chose not to spoil it for others.

• Love 4

I'll have to actually ask my kids whether they believed in Santa growing up. We certainly mentioned him, and some presents under the tree were labeled as being "from Santa", but we didn't leave out milk and cookies that I recall, or make a big deal of it. I guess I always figured that they'd work it out for themselves. Certainly by the time they were old enough to notice that the Santa presents were wrapped in the same paper as everything else! lol...

I grew up in a Polish family in England in the 1960's, and Santa was really nowhere nearly as ubiquitous as he is here in the USA. My family didn't even mention him, though I always got one present on St. Nicholas Day. It was neither from Santa or St. Nicholas, though, but from "the angel". I don't really remember believing that past the age of five or six, though. And more or less lost any belief I ever had in God at the same time. I just don't seem to be wired to take mythology seriously!

• Love 6