Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

It's worrying that Derick is looking so thin and sloppy/dirty. It's also worrying that he seems to have become increasingly unemployable, seeing as he has quickly gone from having a real job to having a weird fundamentalist "job" to now having no job to speak of at all. And meanwhile, Jill seems extraordinarily anxious and distressed, even though there's no obvious reason why she would be. Honestly, I'm getting suspicious that the issue is that he's mentally ill, and it's too much for Jill to handle on her own.

• Love 8

I think Derick fooled a lot of people in that awful groom's suit. It was padded out and 3 sizes too big. Back then, he could have pulled off a tailored suit. Now? He should be able to eat normally, 18 months or so after the procedure. He just can't gain the weight back that he lost then to save his life. He's what? 6'2" or 6'3"? He can't weigh much more than 150 , and I am being generous. When I met my first serious boyfriend, he was 15 and hadn't filled out into his new 6'2" body. He weighed maybe 140. Derick looks very similar. 

Derick has always been gangly. I think some of what we are responding to now is his long face; his chin appears longer and thinner since having his upper jaw expanded and his forehead is also exposed with his new hairstyle.

jill-duggar-baby-bump.jpgJill-Duggar-And-Husband-Derick-Dillard.j

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Derick has always been gangly. I think some of what we are responding to now is his long face; his chin appears longer and thinner since having his upper jaw expanded and his forehead is also exposed with his new hairstyle.

jill-duggar-baby-bump.jpgJill-Duggar-And-Husband-Derick-Dillard.j

Derick looks especially bad in the bottom right photo.  He looks like a meth-head who has just realized that his next fix has arrived. 

I know that it's not my business, but I really wonder what's going on with him.  If he were my son, or married to my daughter, I'd be frantic to know if there's an issue there that needs to be addressed. 

Damn Duggars.  They want attention, and they'll put the most random stuff out there for public consumption, but they won't talk about this.  They'll talk about Cathy's cancer, show Anna giving birth on a toilet, Jessa bleeding profusely after another botched home birth; but Derick looking like a concentration camp victim is met with radio silence.  If it weren't for random J-boy falling into the orchestra pit, I'd say that they feel that the females of the family are fair game, but the males are shielded from discussion on personal matters.

• Love 9

Derick reminds me of (mostly) British rockers of the 60's and 70's who looked one slice of toast away from starvation. He just needs some tight velvet bell-bottom pants, an open shirt, platform boots, and a guitar. Of course, cocaine helped keep these guys on their feet. 

• Love 14

Looks the Dullards left Branson early to have Thanksgiving with Cathy. Smuganna were in FL. I imagine Jessa stayed put; Ben's family would have been at least a six hour drive. 

No sign of the newlyweds. They have to be back by now, even accounting for the delayed departure. Did they land in Philly first?

Edited by Sew Sumi

It's not just Derick being thin.  He doesn't look well.

Thin? well, some people are really thin and maybe he lost some weight for whatever reason.  He doesn't look healthy for such a young guy.

Jill looks physically healthy.  I think she is dealing with some mental health issues but she doesn't look malnourished or unhealthy.  Derick? He just looks so...unhealthy.  They ate approximately the same diet in Danger America.  Why does Derick look unhealthy and thin while Jill is a curvy woman who looks healthy? 

I hope he gets to a medical professional and they can run some tests...see if something is going on.  

• Love 3

I agree about Derick looking unhealthy & have also thought about what's the problem since they've been eating same thing.  I've been reading the leghumpers comments on different sites about Jill & Derick (same Branson pictures.)  Most of them have commented on his long  hair but don't think any have mentioned his thinness/unhealthy look. We are the snarkers yet we seem more concerned about him than the leghumpers. 

• Love 4

Cracks me up that the leghumpers are Ok with his hair and think he looks cool, but if it were anyone else, they would say he is a dirtbag. 

I think the leghumpers don't want to say one negative thing about the family. Everything is "fine".  Repress, denial, repeat.  ;)

• Love 5

I know this is completely superficial and speculative, but I wonder if Jill is even attracted to him now. And if not, how she is mentally dealing with a husband who she may not even really want to touch.  His looks have REALLY changed from when she first met him and married him. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Derick looks especially bad in the bottom right photo.  He looks like a meth-head who has just realized that his next fix has arrived. 

I showed that picture to my husband, who doesn't really know who these people are, and the first thing he said is "That guy looks like he's on meth."

Edited by Bitter Betty
  • Love 2

I say this with no snark.  Could Derick have an eating disorder?  

I don't know too much about eating disorders from any personal experience but he certainly had a lot of life changes suddenly and who knows how the death of his father affected him. 

Father's death previously.  Then, Cathy had cancer.  Quick marriage.  Honeymoon baby. Complicated delivery resulting in a C-section.  Massive/painful oral surgery.  Jill's situation being exposed to the entire world. Moving Jill & Izzy to CA, which they all claim is dangerous (i have no experience to comment). Jill looks unhinged.  

Not a Derick fan. I actually can't stand him but that was a lot in year or two. 

If Josh can eat his feelings, maybe Derick is "not eating" his feelings. 

• Love 10

I'm a Nervous Nellie type of person & can totally relate to not eating during times of stress.  That's the last thing I want to do & have  been this way since little up.  So that could be Derick's problem.  I think  the long hair & beard have made the thinness/ unhealthy look more pronounced.

• Love 3

I say he's growing his hair long and doing the facial hair thing so he can more accurately portray Jesus in some play :).   Why he looks so thin....I had the same surgery he did and he should be waaaaayyyyyyyy over the painful part - that only lasts for about a month at most.

• Love 3
On 11/23/2016 at 3:50 PM, yogi2014L said:

She must have not gotten the silver shoe memo?

And her flats in my opinion are not the worst of the bunch. Woman with the thong target sandals....so not wedding appropriate imo.

As a fellow big footed woman ( well, size 9) nude flats are the worst shoe for that. She should have matched the other girl who wore flats. I don't love flats in wedding parties with short dresses but I get not all women can wear heels.

My late mother told me at one point in high school the shorter the dress the higher the heel (not always but formal wear?  yes).  I think that combo looks terrible.  Looks like they are wearing actual slippers.  Like the kind I wear around the house.  The bride looks great however!  Jills hair technically looks nice but not on her.  I am feeling fairly snappish though so it could be my mood.

• Love 1
On November 27, 2016 at 5:48 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Looks the Dullards left Branson early to have Thanksgiving with Cathy. Smuganna were in FL. I imagine Jessa stayed put; Ben's family would have been at least a six hour drive. 

No sign of the newlyweds. They have to be back by now, even accounting for the delayed departure. Did they land in Philly first?

Is that a tape measure Dan is holding around her waist? Whyyyyy? Is he trying to make sure she hasn't gained weight since that thanksgiving meal?

20 hours ago, Bitter Betty said:

I know this is completely superficial and speculative, but I wonder if Jill is even attracted to him now. And if not, how she is mentally dealing with a husband who she may not even really want to touch.  His looks have REALLY changed from when she first met him and married him. 

I completely wonder the same thing. I would not want to touch him with my little finger, and I actually thought he was cute when they got married. It's interesting...they put sooooo much emphasis on the girls looking cute at all times, yet the spouses that have changed aesthetically for the worst are Derick and, of course, Joshley.

13 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Is that a tape measure Dan is holding around her waist? Whyyyyy? Is he trying to make sure she hasn't gained weight since that thanksgiving meal?

Quoted above: For some reason I can't get out of this box. I thought it was measuring tape too but looked really closely and it looks like trim that's been sewn onto the blouse.

• Love 4

I've always thought that Derrick's default is "unfortunate looking" rather than looking unhealthy---the Dillard boys got screwed in bone structure genetics. They did mention in an early post-surgery episode that he was trying to gain weight, so I'm guessing he's just one of those people who naturally has a hard time keeping on weight and/or has a small appetite. It happens. 

I  think that Derrick looks marginally better after the surgery.  Not good looking by any means, but a 30+ pound weight gain and a good haircut that covers that fivehead  will go a long way towards ending that recoil factor. 

• Love 5

Nah, look at his mother and brother. They're both pretty much also stick figures. Cathy just gained 25 lbs. and is STILL a very, very, small, but long-boned woman, if that makes sense. Very lean, very tall. Dan is just marginally bigger than Derick, but that's not saying much. 

If the Dillard boys gain weight at all, it won't be until they're in their 40's, when most people's metabolisms start slowing down. I married into a family of these people, except they're super petite. My husband is in his mid-50's, and still pretty much a stick, except for a little belly. Ironically, his whole family is skinny as hell, but have shit cholesterol numbers, no matter what they eat. 

At any rate, Derick's surgery just set an already super skinny guy back as much as Cathy's cancer did her. They lost weight they really couldn't afford to lose in the first place, and Derick is still struggling to gain. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

Any reason why Izzy is unable to eat, sitting at a table and chair like most humans do?  He must be spreading crumbs and grease marks all over the furniture!

I get the impression that that bunch considers a sit down meal to be only for formal occasions and filming purposes.

Edited by Zahdii
spelling
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

He's also had to shoulder the burden of that Stage 5 Clinger wife of his. That can't be easy, and clingers are notoriously draining. 

Seriously. I know I'm projecting majorly, but imagine having to live with someone who's so clingy and inept and cries for months over a shower rack falling...if I had to constantly swallow my annoyance and pretend that her feelings were valid in an attempt to be a supportive spouse, I'd look like death.

• Love 9

When did Derrick's dad die? He might actually be going through some delayed grieving. If he was in college and distracted from grieving by all that, then straight to Nepal, then dealing with his mother's illness, the Duggar whirlwind, Central America, a baby, surgery, etc., he may just now be slowing down enough to grieve. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

When did Derrick's dad die? He might actually be going through some delayed grieving. If he was in college and distracted from grieving by all that, then straight to Nepal, then dealing with his mother's illness, the Duggar whirlwind, Central America, a baby, surgery, etc., he may just now be slowing down enough to grieve. 

If I'm not mistaken, Derrick was a freshman in college.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Derrick is thin, but he also looks like his skin is pale and sallow, and he has dark circles under his eyes. His hair looks dull and he just looks ill. His brother doesn't have that sickly, sallow look. 

He has dark circles, but so do I on plenty of sleep. My doc calls them "allergic shiners." They're just never going to go away. 

I'm not seeing sallow skin or dull hair, thought it looked nice down in fact. He is a very thin person though and may just have trouble gaining weight. I think Jill needs to break out the Tater Tot Casserole recipe and fatten him up a little bit.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I agree.  That's why I think he is so thin.  I think he is "not eating" his feelings. (opposite of "eating your feeling")

Plenty of people are thin.  My son is very thin and super tall.  Derick looks unwell. He doesn't sound right either and I think he is just delusional with this missionary thing...like he is running away from reality. 

• Love 3

Still no "Bye Jill!" posts. Of course, most of the family could be leaving with them if they're going to Honduras rather than El Salvador this year (as they did last year). But Jana and often Mechelle stay behind; one of them could easily put up an IG post of everyone at the airport. 

Certainly, if Jerick are leaving for another extended stay, it will be mentioned in such a post. A post we have yet to see...

• Love 1

Maybe it's a blinker and we got the tree in mid blink????

Or MAYBE Derick is using it to illustrate how unbelievers live in darkness and believers live in the light.  He is probably inviting people over and goes on a crazy rant while waving his arms excitedly around the half lit tree!   :)  :) 

• Love 11