Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Looking at the other presumed bridal attendants, I think the bride wanted a bit of a uniform hair style.  They both have hair on top pulled back with the bottom curled.  She may have provided a hairstylist for them.  I don't care for the fundie bump.  It looks too high, but the rest is about as good as it can look without a 12 inch trim which she really needs.  Even Michelle has never gotten into a contest to see how long she can grow her hair.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 4

I was going to post that since the two family weddings are now over, the Dullards can head back to Danger America or wherever.  But I forgot Jill has to be in town for the birth of Jessa's baby. 

• Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:41 AM, heatherrrrz said:

Do the Duggars even allow the women to vote?

Hard to imagine but the whole point of having so many kids is to have a powerful voting block. So yes, women can and do vote but as their father or husband leads them...

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

Hard to imagine but the whole point of having so many kids is to have a powerful voting block. So yes, women can and do vote but as their father or husband leads them...

Someone commented on Jill's photo in response to someone asking about showing the knees that a husband can decide for their wife if they don't mind having the knees show or the shoulders show. I shuddered.

9 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Someone commented on Jill's photo in response to someone asking about showing the knees that a husband can decide for their wife if they don't mind having the knees show or the shoulders show. I shuddered.

Shudder is right. I've always gone by the dressing rule of, skimpy top goes with longer skirt or pants and short skirt goes with a more covered top. No headship involvement required, just an awareness of my personal social modesty. I felt that the bride had a similar approach to her bridal choices.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Derick was best man, Jill a bridesmaid, and Izzy the ring-bearer. This pic is cross-posted in the "Sweet Fellowship" thread, since Dan is officially in the "Duggar Friend" category.

Derelict looks like a character from Scarface, 80's 60's and 30's represented here.

I think Izzy looks really cute in this little outfit. The Dullards look happy and fresh. Jill is so much more attractive without that stupid raised eyebrow thing.

Just want to add, I don't have a problem with the long hair. All sorts of celebrities are putting in extensions, and I think the Duggs hair is real. It doesn't look that damaged to me. They just need to learn some styling options. Like Absolom pointed out, it looks like the rest of the bridal party went with the same style, so in this case, Jill gets a pass.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 3

Derick has a really long, oval face.  He would benefit from some guy bangs or something to break up that forehead.  The man bun is too severe for his face and does not give any distraction to his unfortunate dental situation. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

How about this rule of thumb and it doesn't even involve getting "approval" Rule 1: Don't look like a $2 whore. Easy enough?

• Love 6

I still want to know how a man bun is not a style that pertaineth to a woman, but women's pants are styles that pertaineth to a man.

I don't give a rat's arse if Derrick wants a bun, it it is a style for men now (or again, I know men haven't always had short hair throughout history). But by the same factor, pants for women have been a style for close to the past 100 years, and most are far more modest than a skirt. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I was going to post that since the two family weddings are now over, the Dullards can head back to Danger America or wherever.  But I forgot Jill has to be in town for the birth of Jessa's baby. 

She will also stay in town for Jinger's baby.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I still want to know how a man bun is not a style that pertaineth to a woman, but women's pants are styles that pertaineth to a man.

I don't give a rat's arse if Derrick wants a bun, it it is a style for men now (or again, I know men haven't always had short hair throughout history). But by the same factor, pants for women have been a style for close to the past 100 years, and most are far more modest than a skirt. 

To say nothing of the fact that men wore robes and such in Biblical times.

• Love 5

I wonder if we will ever see a picture from this wedding where Jill's standing up. Maybe they took the picture like this in hopes of not calling attention to the short dress. This is an interesting duggar dilemma...what happens when you have to wear something that doesn't fit modesty standards? I bet JB wouldn't have let her be a bridesmaid if she was unmarried. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I think it's highly doubtful that she'll ever go back.

She'll milk terrifying times in danger America for all its worth the rest if her life from the comfort of Arkansas.

"We're going back soon, we're just here briefly to have 10 kids, raise them, lounge around the house, go to amusement parks, drink Starbucks, and be filmed. Please donate because Jesus."

• Love 19
17 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Seriously, you are 100% correct. There are Bible verses to back up what you are saying.  As an ex IFB, it really blows my mind that Derick thinks the man bun is ok and that he hasn't caved in to the cultural standard of no long hair on men. 

Either Derick is trying to be bad ass or he is just like a balloon, floating around & unaware of standards. 

I think Derick is trying to be a bad ass, which is why he likes to talk up all the DANGER and how he might not come home and the DANGER and the rapes, kidnappings and murders and how he is BRAVE to go to Central America and he MUCH BRAVER than all you other losers who are doing nothing for Christ. 

The manbun feeds into his "bad ass" image of himself. He is so radical for Jesus!  

I'm kinda rambling now...I used to think Derick was just a balloon but I'm starting to think he really has some serious mental health problems. I like him the least out of the entire Duggar clan...excluding Josh.  For me, he is on level with Jim Bob. 

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Seriously, you are 100% correct. There are Bible verses to back up what you are saying.  As an ex IFB, it really blows my mind that Derick thinks the man bun is ok and that he hasn't caved in to the cultural standard of no long hair on men. 

Either Derick is trying to be bad ass or he is just like a balloon, floating around & unaware of standards. 

I think Derick is trying to be a bad ass, which is why he likes to talk up all the DANGER and how he might not come home and the DANGER and the rapes, kidnappings and murders and how he is BRAVE to go to Central America and he MUCH BRAVER than all you other losers who are doing nothing for Christ. 

The manbun feeds into his "bad ass" image of himself. He is so radical for Jesus!  

I'm kinda rambling now...I used to think Derick was just a balloon but I'm starting to think he really has some serious mental health problems. I like him the least out of the entire Duggar clan...excluding Josh.  For me, he is on level with Jim Bob. 

I go with the "balloon" analogy...I'm a bit of a balloon myself, so I totally get it. Probably why I still have a bit of a liking for Derick even though I feel as though he has made a number of bad decisions. I just really can understand how that happens. I suspect that. much as I do, he lives mostly inside his own head, and it can be really hard to come out of there and actually interact with the world (even when you have delusions that you are influencing lives through your "mission", which is, at least, not a problem I have!).

• Love 7

Unless he's changed churches since the return from Danger America, Derick has never been IFB.  He was brought up SBC and when they're shown going to church it's SBC.  I don't know what they think of man buns, but they seem much more liberal about appearance issues.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, sometimesy said:

Derelict looks like a character from Scarface, 80's 60's and 30's represented here.

I think Izzy looks really cute in this little outfit. The Dullards look happy and fresh. Jill is so much more attractive without that stupid raised eyebrow thing.

Just want to add, I don't have a problem with the long hair. All sorts of celebrities are putting in extensions, and I think the Duggs hair is real. It doesn't look that damaged to me. They just need to learn some styling options. Like Absolom pointed out, it looks like the rest of the bridal party went with the same style, so in this case, Jill gets a pass.

They all need a deep moisturizing treatment but most of all they need a clarifying shampoo and/or treatment.  Their hair looks really gunked up (former hairstylist here).  As a stylist we could always FEEL and SEE the gunk but if you take your shears and run the blade along the hair you can actually scrape that stuff off.  This is from using cheap shampoo/conditioner and WAY too much product.  I am not sure ANYONE in that family has shiny hair.

I think she looks pretty badly but better than she does in her natural habitat.  I don't think she lost weight but has a dress that is closer to her actual size which of course slims you.  Her hair is all kinds of Kim Davis.  Like minds, like hair.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Absolom said:

Unless he's changed churches since the return from Danger America, Derick has never been IFB.  He was brought up SBC and when they're shown going to church it's SBC.  I don't know what they think of man buns, but they seem much more liberal about appearance issues.

Yes, Derick was raised SBC and that's the church they attend, when they attend.  You would just think he was a more conservative SBC since it was Derick who sought out Jim Bob as a prayer partner.  Jim Bob and IBLP are not open to the man bun. Jill was raised with a man bun being a no-no. 

Derick thinks he is very bad ass which makes me hate it even more.  If he were just doing his own hair thing, I would ignore it.  But I think he loves the bad ass image.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

But I think he loves the bad ass image.  

I honestly don't think The Bun is about being bad ass; it's more about trying to be hipster cool within the very narrow confines of Christian fundamentalism. Man buns are not bad ass, they're just not. They're the go-to hairstyle for men who sourdough, ride bikes instead of driving, drink mate and listen to Neutral Milk Hotel. Hipsters are like the hippies of the 21st century (which fits rather well with Derick's personality, I think) and the Bun is really the only way Derick can embrace his hipsterdom within the confines of the Duggar universe. It's also a big passive aggressive FU to Boob IMO so I'm actually rather fond of it.

• Love 22
On 11/14/2016 at 2:04 PM, heatherrrrz said:

Poor Derrick, he looked so much better before the surgery.

Makes me wonder if Jill is no longer attracted to him with his manbun!? She doesn't seem all gaga horny all over him like when they first got married.

• Love 1

It definitely seems as if the infatuation phase has worn off.  They didn't know each other at all before they married and rushed to have a baby, and maybe now one or the other of them is discovering they aren't so wild about their partner.  Lust and infatuation don't last and I doubt any of the married Duggars have a solid foundation in their relationship to fall back on.  

• Love 7
7 hours ago, MonicaM said:

It definitely seems as if the infatuation phase has worn off.  They didn't know each other at all before they married and rushed to have a baby, and maybe now one or the other of them is discovering they aren't so wild about their partner.  Lust and infatuation don't last and I doubt any of the married Duggars have a solid foundation in their relationship to fall back on.  

Plus, more than just about anybody else in this country today they're not only encouraged to view their marriage relationships as the be-all and end-all of their own existences, wholly fulfilling on every level, but also of vital overwhelming importance to the fate of the entire universe. You're ordered to be almost literally joined at the hip to this person, to have no significant people or pursuits going on outside your marriage, and even to put your children a fairly distant second. And the women literally have nothing else.

When something's built up to that degree, even if you remained in love and pleased with your partner you might wonder "Is this all there is?" So how much more so when you're married -- as they all are -- to somebody about whom you never even had the opportunity to make a real decision. They're set up for disappointment and confusion.

And Jill's had the added disappointment of finding that her uber-exciting missionary dream isn't anything like what she imagined it would be. And her midwifery dream kinda likewise, perhaps. Even without post-partum depression, she could be detached and in the dumps.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16

Don't forget, they bragged about their COVENANT MARRIAGE!!!!!1111

Pa Voulo used covenant as both a verb and a noun. Is this hinting that JinJer also capitulated to that pressure? But if they're in TX, it's not enforced. But they're so much more holy than us wee heathens who can marry in any state we please with a way out if one partner is beyond repair. Looking at Smuggar and his non-covenant wedding. 

I never heard "covenant" mentioned in Jessa's wedding. Then again, we got two minutes of her service.

Still perplexed about the still pic of Josie in a make-up chair. No continuity there at all. She hadn't even been established as a flower girl yet. She just looked pissed.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Plus, more than just about anybody else in this country today they're not only encouraged to view their marriage relationships as the be-all and end-all of their own existences, wholly fulfilling on every level, but also of vital overwhelming importance to the fate of the entire universe. You're ordered to be almost literally joined at the hip to this person, to have no significant people or pursuits going on outside your marriage, and even to put your children a fairly distant second. And the women literally have nothing else.

When something's built up to that degree, even if you remained in love and pleased with your partner you might wonder "Is this all there is?" So how much more so when you're married -- as they all are -- to somebody about whom you never even had the opportunity to make a real decision. They're set up for disappointment and confusion.

And Jill's had the added disappointment of finding that her uber-exciting missionary dream isn't anything like what she imagined it would be. And her midwifery dream kinda likewise, perhaps. Even without post-partum depression, she could be detached and in the dumps.

You nailed it perfectly! Being sold a bag of goods is just that. After you open it all the excitement is lost.

• Love 3

I've been to a few covenant marriages in Pennsylvania, West Virginia and South Carolina. I don't think any Of those states legally recognize it, but the couples all think it makes THEIR marriage super special and holy. There's a smugness to it, that they're trying harder than everyone else. It's naive and annoying.

• Love 8

I wonder if JinJer got an officially recognized covenant marriage, or if that was just typical fundiespeak. I don't think we ever found out if Benessa have one, either. I think they may be backing away from bragging about it to try to appear more mainstream, but if I were a betting lady, I'd say they all went the holier-than-thou route with their marriages. They're so dumb, because it still doesn't really define marriage in this country. The marriage license does. Marriage is a LEGAL contract, people! I know we all know this, but I guess fundies sleep better at night feeling so much above we non-covenant peons. 

• Love 3

This covenant marriage thing is just plain weird. Nothing like that exists here, of course. Marriage is just a legal contract, in order to be married you must go to the Registry Office first. Any Church service is optional.

What is the point? Either your personal beliefs are of that opinion or they are not. For me, making it public like that simply confirms how shaky your foundation is, since you shouldn't need something like that. Again, remember that part in the Bible that says do not be like the hypocrites???

• Love 16
2 hours ago, MunichNark said:

This covenant marriage thing is just plain weird. Nothing like that exists here, of course. Marriage is just a legal contract, in order to be married you must go to the Registry Office first. Any Church service is optional.

What is the point? Either your personal beliefs are of that opinion or they are not. For me, making it public like that simply confirms how shaky your foundation is, since you shouldn't need something like that. Again, remember that part in the Bible that says do not be like the hypocrites???

Precisely.  If the covenant marriage people could sign a contract that demanded they be shot before being able to divorce they would do it to show how truly committed they are!  In other words - threaten to shoot me if I ever want a divorce to force me to not get one!  I'm very committed you see! I'm so afraid I may want a divorce one day I'll do anything to stop myself now, on my wedding day, from ever getting one.  

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The marriage license does.

One minor correction it is the marriage certificate.  A license is merely the first stage and may be taken out and never used.  The certificate is the proof of marriage.  Jinger and Jeremy may have skipped the covenant marriage part since it isn't recognized in Texas or that could be why no mention of it.  All the covenant marriage does is make it take longer to get a divorce and a hoop or two like marriage counseling.  Or as I've said before establish a residence across the state line if you don't want to wait. 

• Love 1