Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

So she is asking for a new stroller and the adaptor for car seat, but I did not see any car seat listed.  I hope they already bought the car seat (new) and want the stroller that goes with it, and are not planning to use an old car seat on the stroller.  Since we have already seen her put an infant seat on an umbrella stroller, and post a video about it, I hope she has learned and is going the safe route this time.

• Love 4

I was hoping someone would chime in! The fact he was still in the hospital seemed notable to me, but again, I don't actually know anything about infants or childbirth! 

• Like 2
(edited)

Freddy is on oxygen and is being fed by feeding tube.  It may be he hasn't figured out how to swallow and breath at the same time yet, or he may have swallowed meconium.  From this one picture, he does not appear to be in distress, and I don't see any IV, so it may just be a suck/swallow problem.  He will probably be in NICU for a few days until he can eat and keep is oxygen sat up.  They can give meds through the feeding tube if  needed.  We really can't tell much from this one picture.

Edited by CalicoKitty
wrong word
  • Useful 19
  • Love 1

Congrats to them!

I'm glad she went to a hospital and she and Freddy are presumably getting good medical care.

Freddy is a good name. The Dillards in general have good taste in names. There won't ever be a Spurgeon-level disaster.

• Love 22
(edited)
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don’t recall what Izzy or Sam looked like at that age, did they have dark hair?

Izzy is in the stripes. *Added Freddy. I think he looks like both boys, but favors Izzy the most.

image.png.5a87ba1b0f21961766f1ee6926e61478.pngimage.png.3500b818acc54fcccc1af90d1f170a13.pngimage.png.0ccfab57b4f31ff6ad1216ebcad796e4.png

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, zoomama said:

wonder why the tube downhis throat? 

Isn’t there something about C-section babies not always clearing the fluid from their lungs that would normally get expressed during a vaginal birth? Not a parent but I’m sure I’ve heard something to that effect. Maybe that’s what going on with Sir Frederick (Sir Frederick Dillard, First of His Kind popped into my head for some reason 🤣).

Glad everyone seems to be doing well.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think the snout makes him look more like Sam. That Duggar snout is strong! 

Seriously, he's an adorable baby and I'm relieved that Jill opted for medical care instead of a week laboring at home followed by an emergency surgery. I've said it before -- who would have thought that JILL would be the most progressive Duggar? 

• Like 13
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Congrats to them!

I'm glad she went to a hospital and she and Freddy are presumably getting good medical care.

Freddy is a good name. The Dillards in general have good taste in names. There won't ever be a Spurgeon-level disaster.

I can't remember who it was somewhere upthread that Frederick reminded them of Frasier (son).  That was my first thought.  or FREEEDRICH from Sound of Music.  I'm done.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
16 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

So glad  that Jill had a scheduled C-Section. Wasn't expecting the name Fredrick, but the story behind it is cute. 

It made me laugh a bit.  TIL, I should be pronouncing Derick's name as De-Rick.  I guess we should all enunciate all the syllables in Fre-De-Rick in order to get the correct effect.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I knew two Freddys growing up.  It's kind of old-fashioned, but it's MILES better than Spurgeon and Wilberforce.  

Are three C-sections the maximum, generally speaking?

When I had my 3rd C section, one of the nurses said she had six.

• Mind Blown 13
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I knew two Freddys growing up.  It's kind of old-fashioned, but it's MILES better than Spurgeon and Wilberforce.  

Are three C-sections the maximum, generally speaking?

My mom had five, very close together, back in the late 50’s/early 60’s.  She probably would have had more but dad got a vasectomy due to mom falling off a chair and needed back surgery.

I am also so relieved Jill finally had a planned hospital birth. When she first got married, she probably figured she would be ultra fertile like Michelle and have a baby every year. I was hoping she would have quit after Sam since their little family seemed complete.

I wonder how overwhelmed Jill will be this time around.

• Useful 3
7 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Isn’t there something about C-section babies not always clearing the fluid from their lungs that would normally get expressed during a vaginal birth? Not a parent but I’m sure I’ve heard something to that effect.

5 hours ago, Notabug said:

The tube in his mouth is an oro-gastric tube, so it goes through the mouth into the stomach.  Sometimes it is used intermittently to suction a newborn, expecially if the kid is 'spitty', meaning they swallowed a lot of amniotic fluid and are coughing it up.  Babies born by cesarean without labor are particularly prone to this as are premature babies. 

Quoting myself here to say thanks @Notabug for clearing that up. I thought I remembered hearing that when watching something on TLC (back before it went to hell).  Again, glad the little fella and mom seem okay.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well Freddy is spaced well. Sam is about  5 and will be in school next year. Derick also has a real job that presumably pays decently and includes health insurance. 

ETA: thanks for the correct about Sam's age!

Edited by Lady Whistleup
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Well Freddy is spaced well. Sam is about 4 and will be in school next year. Derick also has a real job that presumably pays decently and includes health insurance. 

Sam celebrated his 5th birthday July 8, he got a little brother for his birthday. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

It made me laugh a bit.  TIL, I should be pronouncing Derick's name as De-Rick.  I guess we should all enunciate all the syllables in Fre-De-Rick in order to get the correct effect.

I am saying DeRick from now on!  Happy with the classic name, Frederick. Can’t go wrong with something like that (unlike..,,spurgeon). 

• Love 11

I’m thinking Jill will fare much better this time around. No traumatic birth, kids are spaced far apart and her husband has a job making real money. Screw Michelle, she was useless for any help before. 

• Like 10
  • Love 9

I always liked the name Frederick.  If I had a third son, that would’ve been his name.  And this was in the early 90s, so even then I - at least - didn’t consider it old fashioned.

Congrats to the Dillard’s.  Glad it was a healthy, non traumatic birth for both mom and baby.  Good on them for 1) getting proper medical treatment and 2) picking a normal name w/personal meaning.

• Like 4
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is it just me or does Frederick sound like a name Jin and Jer would name a boy? To me it kind of goes along with Felicity and Evangeline. 

I don’t think it’s nearly pretentious or hipster enough for them. If they have a boy they are going full preppy hipster, or a Jr. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, Trillium said:

I don’t think it’s nearly pretentious or hipster enough for them. If they have a boy they are going full preppy hipster, or a Jr. 

Jeremy Jr. with a preppy hipster nickname. Unfortunately as someone not preppy or a hipster, I don’t know any of such nicknames.  But I’m sure Jer can come up with something. Remy?

• Like 5
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Jeremy Jr. with a preppy hipster nickname. Unfortunately as someone not preppy or a hipster, I don’t know any of such nicknames.  But I’m sure Jer can come up with something. Remy?

My jr. 

• LOL 7
On 7/12/2022 at 3:36 PM, Iguessnot said:

When I had my 3rd C section, one of the nurses said she had six.

I’ve had four. I think my doctor was pretty happy when I asked for the tubal before my fourth. The uterus can thin out at the c section scar. 
He’s a cute baby and I’m glad Jill got real, live 21st century medical care. I bet she will feel a lot better over the next few weeks as well. 

• Like 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
13 hours ago, Trillium said:

agree. Much too plain and straightforward for mr and ms Nike. 

Edited by awaken
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Preppy and Hipster have nothing in common as far as nicknames. 

However, Izzy is a very preppy nickname.  For a girl. 

Every time they trot out the story of why Frederick is named Frederick, people are going to roll their eyes and zone out before they're halfway finished.  If anybody cares to ask, that is. 

Not a fan.   

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Love 1

a real question - do De-rick and Jill refer to Israel as Izzy or is it just us here? I truly don't know the answer, but it seems Jill usually refers to him as Israel and Sam as either Samuel or Sam.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

a real question - do De-rick and Jill refer to Israel as Izzy or is it just us here? I truly don't know the answer, but it seems Jill usually refers to him as Israel and Sam as either Samuel or Sam.

I don't think I've ever seen them refer to him as anything but Israel. Izzy seems to be a social media thing. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6