Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
54 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Yes, the “2 months “ is calculated and stated by LinkedIn. 

Yep. Zero control over it on the users end. I’m starting a new job on June 27th, LinkedIn will have me there two months before I’ve finished a week when it turns to July. It’s dumb but it’s a known quirk with the platform (and like all social media has become a hot mess)

Edited by Trillium
  • Like 2
  • Useful 6
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

What a strange thing to share. It would never occur to me -- "hmm let me take this picture of my belly overlooking my small dirty washing machine... and then I'll post it for my 2 million followers to see..." To each their own I guess.

You can take Jill out of the Duggars but you can't take the Duggar out of JIll. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

Maybe its me, but seeing Derick at the post office with his kid, grifting for donations, speaking engagements and media attention, seems like he hasn't changed much at all.

• Like 4
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe its me, but seeing Derick at the post office with his kid, grifting for donations, speaking engagements and media attention, seems like he hasn't changed much at all.

He's the son-in-law most like JB and that's why they clash.

Hell, Derick's more like JB than JB's own sons are.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Heathen said:

So much for all the people who said Derick:

Wouldn't finish one semester of law school

Wouldn't finish his first year of law school

Wouldn't graduate from law school

Wouldn't pass the bar (at all)

Couldn't be an assistant district attorney 

I have no use for Derick except that he seems to be a good husband and father now. But if I were him and I knew about all the naysayers who doubted him, I'd laugh and laugh. 

I seem to remember MOST people here agreeing that Derrick would do fine in law school.  He had a solid undergrad degree, and as Pistol Pete, had to have a decent GPA to earn the mascot gig.  School never seemed a problem for Dwreck, but actual jobs and schedules appeared to confound him. And his biggest stumbling block would be Jill and her stage-5 clinging tendencies.  

There were of course jokes about his finding yet another "calling" in his life and then passing the bar.  The criticisms were by far about how bragging & open they were one minute about his activities, then shady as shit about his bar exam status and what he was doing. 

He's never been book-stupid, just life-stupid.  That's been pretty much agreed on from the start.  

A quick search of the posts about 3 years back will definitely clarify the issue.  

• Like 10
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

I seem to remember MOST people here agreeing that Derrick would do fine in law school.  He had a solid undergrad degree, and as Pistol Pete, had to have a decent GPA to earn the mascot gig.  School never seemed a problem for Dwreck, but actual jobs and schedules appeared to confound him. And his biggest stumbling block would be Jill and her stage-5 clinging tendencies.  

There were of course jokes about his finding yet another "calling" in his life and then passing the bar.  The criticisms were by far about how bragging & open they were one minute about his activities, then shady as shit about his bar exam status and what he was doing. 

He's never been book-stupid, just life-stupid.  That's been pretty much agreed on from the start.  

A quick search of the posts about 3 years back will definitely clarify the issue.  

Did I say it was just people here badmouthing Derick? No, I did not.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Did I say it was just people here badmouthing Derick? No, I did not.

I made no accusations.

Nor did I say anything about another site.  I simply stated what I remembered about that time frame, on THIS site.  

Now my vague interest in this couple is over for another month. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

My birthday is July 5 so I’m hoping to not share with new Dilly baby. Just hoping he’s born in the hospital. 

Hoping he's born in a hospital after his mother has labored in the hospital and didn't have to be transferred emergently  after another failed attempt at a homebirth.

• Like 6
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I for one never thought he'd make it through law school let alone pass the bar, so kudos to him!   I will refrain from making any judgements as to how long his career will last!

I hope this sticks. He always seemed to me to be looking for the next shiny thing.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

That’s not what I remember, but I’m too lazy to go back and review years old posts. I didn’t expect him to actually attend law school, even though I didn’t doubt his ability to do so.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm predicting a July 4th baby - named Adam Key Merico Dillard. 🗽

I think they'll name the baby Justice Ezra or Ezra Justice is honor of both the holiday & Derek's new role in life.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1

I hope Derick sticks with being an attorney rather than getting bored in a couple of years and trying something new.  If he doesn't like working for the DA's office, there are so many other types of law that he can try. 
As a law office staff member, I really hope he respects the paralegals and legal assistants.  Most of the time these people have done this job for many years and they can help you, sometimes more than asking another attorney if you are a newbie.  

• Like 5
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, YupItsMe said:

I really thought he might go into some type of financial law (don’t know the technical term) since he has an accounting background.

I don’t think Derick really was ever that interested in accounting. Wasn’t there speculation that when he was in college he wanted to work at the FBI? Accounting degree is one path to FBI. He barely worked at Walmart and who knows what his job really was. And he probably got the job through his mother’s connections. As far as we know, he never pursued anything relevant to accounting or finance after quitting Walmart.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, ozziemom said:

I don’t think Derick really was ever that interested in accounting. Wasn’t there speculation that when he was in college he wanted to work at the FBI? Accounting degree is one path to FBI. He barely worked at Walmart and who knows what his job really was. And he probably got the job through his mother’s connections. As far as we know, he never pursued anything relevant to accounting or finance after quitting Walmart.

The info about working for the FBI came from Derick himself. He was interviewed for a project about Pistol Pete. He stated that he would like to work for the FBI and he already had gunslinging skills from being Pistol Pete. He may have been joking, but the transcript of the interview indicated when he laughed while answering questions. No laughing was noted when he made the gunslinging statement.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ozziemom said:

He barely worked at Walmart and who knows what his job really was.

I seem to recall that someone posted his email siganature from Walmart and he was a "staff tax accountant" 

• Useful 2
On 6/7/2022 at 1:35 PM, MamaMax said:

well, jill and derrick did seem quite "shook up" after her last delivery and I doubt ANY practitioner would recommend a non-hospital VBAC after 2 sections.  i also assume they have some sort of insurance now since they seem to be actually living in the word, unlike boob and michelle who live in their little fantasy land. and who are too irresponsible/cheap  to actually provide for the eleventy kids they had.

One hopes. But patients have the right to make crappy decisions.

Let’s be thankful it’s not Jill R, who would be screaming “persecution of the BME because we are so holy and different from this SEVERELY sinful world” if her prenatal instructions and birth plan weren’t followed to the minutest detail.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I seem to recall that someone posted his email siganature from Walmart and he was a "staff tax accountant" 

Lol I had this same job back in the day but at a convenience store chain. No wonder I forgot that Dreck and I had something in common. But in actuality I can see why he left, very boring looking up sales tax regulations. I also doubt he dealt too much with the actual auditors other than fetching them reports.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

This whole craze for home births is not a fundie thing anymore. It's become a very mainstream thing. It's also not a bad idea if you're working with a licensed midwife and have no history of birth complications.

I think Jill's history of 2 C-sections makes it less likely she can give birth at home, so I hope she gets to the hospital this time.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

This whole craze for home births is not a fundie thing anymore. It's become a very mainstream thing. It's also not a bad idea if you're working with a licensed midwife and have no history of birth complications.

I think Jill's history of 2 C-sections makes it less likely she can give birth at home, so I hope she gets to the hospital this time.

Totally not only a Fundy thing.

Its also not a bad idea to give birth in a hospital, pain free, if that's what you want.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7
49 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Totally not only a Fundy thing.

Its also not a bad idea to give birth in a hospital, pain free, if that's what you want.

I know a woman who was depressed for months because she felt like a "failure" having a C-section. She's not a fundy. She just thought that a C-section wasn't "really" giving birth. 

• Sad 17
5 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I know a woman who was depressed for months because she felt like a "failure" having a C-section. She's not a fundy. She just thought that a C-section wasn't "really" giving birth. 

I felt a bit guilty?, unsuccessful?, IDK, for the first couple weeks after my first was born via an unplanned C-section when it was discovered she was breach when I was checked at the hospital after going into labor.   I had managed to hype myself into the idea of attempting an all natural birth if possible during the last weeks of pregnancy.   I had to wait for the doc to be available because I was number 3 for unexpected sections that morning and I wound up telling my husband I changed my mind and just wanted to go home -- in a very whiny voice.  

It's kind of funny looking back on it, because none of it is particularly like me at all -- not the no epidural plan, not the attempt to get my husband to take me back home, not being upset about the delivery, none of it.   My husband looked at me like I'd grown another head when I was insisting I changed my mind and wanted to go home that morning.  My hormones must have been seriously surging.   I ended up telling my doc I did not want to consider attempting a VBAC and was quite happy to schedule my second daughter's delivery.    

• Like 4
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I felt a bit guilty?, unsuccessful?, IDK, for the first couple weeks after my first was born via an unplanned C-section when it was discovered she was breach when I was checked at the hospital after going into labor.   I had managed to hype myself into the idea of attempting an all natural birth if possible during the last weeks of pregnancy.   I had to wait for the doc to be available because I was number 3 for unexpected sections that morning and I wound up telling my husband I changed my mind and just wanted to go home -- in a very whiny voice.  

It's really big among Asian populations to care about "feng-shui" when giving birth. Your doctor at the hospital is not going to care about that. Also, star birth charts are really popular. It's weird. I think-- the baby is the baby. You have a healthy baby, that's what's important. But many moms don't see it that way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 6/8/2022 at 10:48 PM, Nysha said:

I think they'll name the baby Justice Ezra or Ezra Justice is honor of both the holiday & Derek's new role in life.

Just wondering – I get the ''Justice'' part, but would the Ezra part be in reference to anyone/anything in particular?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Pinke said:

Just wondering – I get the ''Justice'' part, but would the Ezra part be in reference to anyone/anything in particular?

The Old Testament, to go along with Israel and Samuel. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I don't think they are actually trying to spell Israel. They do seem to like the Biblical names that end in -el for boys, so I'm thinking a Daniel or Gabriel is more likely. 

• Like 4
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, Zella said:

I don't think they are actually trying to spell Israel. They do seem to like the Biblical names that end in -el for boys, so I'm thinking a Daniel or Gabriel is more likely. 

Or maybe Biblical names that are Jewish?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Or maybe Biblical names that are Jewish?

I personally think that's more coincidental than intentional and just because of the overlap between the Abrahamic religions. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
On 6/8/2022 at 10:06 AM, ozziemom said:

My birthday is July 5 so I’m hoping to not share with new Dilly baby. Just hoping he’s born in the hospital. 

Surely to goodness she won’t attempt a home birth.  If she does, she’s a complete and utter fool.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm thinking a Daniel or Gabriel is more likely. 

Wasn't Gabriel the name Jessa had originally picked out for Spurgeon? I can see her being pissed if Jill "steals" it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Wasn't Gabriel the name Jessa had originally picked out for Spurgeon? I can see her being pissed if Jill "steals" it.

The Gabriel thing is more wishful thinking on Jessica's part, I think. Jessa has kept names and genders under wraps until after the births. I don't think she to!d anyone Spurgeon's gender, let alone divulge a name. Not when the TLC stakes were at an all-time high. Jessa knew how to play that game.

On camera.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
16 minutes ago, Zella said:

Just don't name the next kid Cain! 

I once had a co-worker whose son was named Cain.  I never said anything, but always wondered why.  I remember a character in Hardy's Far From the Madding Crowd named that because his mother confused which one was the murderer.  🙃

I'm sure Jill would never name a child Cain.

• Love 5

Mind not working tonight... they have Israel and Samuel. That is I and S.

If they are spelling ISRAEL - wouldn't the next kid be an R name?

Why did we jump to A?

(I don't think they are spelling Israel but I'm having trouble following anyway - did I miss a kid?)

• Love 1