Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Has it been confirmed they bought a house in Stilwell?

From what I found on the Assessor's page, you need an address to search. They don't have name searches like the counties in AR where we search.

13 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

From what I found on the Assessor's page, you need an address to search. They don't have name searches like the counties in AR where we search.

I’ll take that as a no.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

I  Tastes are personal and if we all went with the trends we'd be redoing every few years. 

I think that may be the point.  How would the design shows on TV exist if they couldn't change the "tastes" and trends every few years.  I love my "bland" walls, but my home  decor is anything but colorless.  Artwork, quilts, rugs.  Everyone has their own tastes, but I prefer calm and restful colors on the walls.

Edited by CalicoKitty
the edit didn't edit
  • Love 14
21 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I think that may be the point.  How would the design shows on TV exist if they couldn't change the "tastes" and trends every few years.  I love my "bland" walls, but my home  decor is anything but colorless.  Artwork, quilts, rugs.  Everyone has their own tastes, but I prefer calm and restful colors on the walls.

Agree. It is easier to change out accessories than paint walls and get new furniture. 

• Love 12

White kitchens aren't my choice, but a huge improvement with that kitchen. I need my house to be alive, so even with light colored walls I have color everywhere. I hope Jill at least add some fun details to the big boys' room. 

Yeesh, the Dillards go from selling their house to having their new, out of state house almost move in ready and Jessa is going on like a year now. I get Jessa was doing major reno, but it seems to be taking forever.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

White kitchens aren't my choice, but a huge improvement with that kitchen. I need my house to be alive, so even with light colored walls I have color everywhere. I hope Jill at least add some fun details to the big boys' room. 

Yeesh, the Dillards go from selling their house to having their new, out of state house almost move in ready and Jessa is going on like a year now. I get Jessa was doing major reno, but it seems to be taking forever.

Jessa was waiting on kitchen cabinets and likely other appliances. No word if those have come in. But they were packing stuff (I guess like toys and clothes not in current rotation) like two months ago. 

The Dillards have to move much faster than that, and they are as evidenced by the sale of some household items.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I searched the property records for Benton County, Arkansas. Where I found that the Dillards bought a house there earlier this month. It's located in a town close to the state line, so if Derick's going to work in Stilwell he won't have a big commute. I'm not going to post the details of the location - I believe that kind of personal information is not to be shared here - but I think it's okay to say they are still living in Arkansas. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I searched the property records for Benton County, Arkansas. Where I found that the Dillards bought a house there earlier this month. It's located in a town close to the state line, so if Derick's going to work in Stilwell he won't have a big commute. I'm not going to post the details of the location - I believe that kind of personal information is not to be shared here - but I think it's okay to say they are still living in Arkansas. 

Interesting. It's about an hour commute to Stillwell from Benton County. 

Just picking a town off the map it's 36 minutes from Siloam Springs to Stillwell as the traffic is now on a Sunday afternoon.  Perhaps they picked a kind of halfway point from his job and his mother?

• Love 3

That seems like a pretty good compromise for an Oklahoma job and NWA ties. If he ends up wanting to work again in the NWA area after Stilwell, that location is a reasonable commute from there as well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Just picking a town off the map it's 36 minutes from Siloam Springs to Stillwell as the traffic is now on a Sunday afternoon.  Perhaps they picked a kind of halfway point from his job and his mother?

I picked the town they currently live in. It's off the highway, apparently. 😀

2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

So Dereck gets an office. 2 oldest share a room. Baby gets a room. Parents get a master. 

or 

parents get 1

office for D

3 boys share

guestroom 

For some reason I think it will be option 2.

One of the bedrooms is on the main level. I know what I would do, I’m curious what they will choose.

• Love 1

Since they're moving right near the highway, it's not a bad commute for Derelict. It's farther from Cathy than their current house, but still reasonable. Izzy will have to change schools though. Thank goodness he's still so young and seems to be a friendly kid.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

So Dereck gets an office. 2 oldest share a room. Baby gets a room. Parents get a master. 

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

One of the bedrooms is on the main level. I know what I would do, I’m curious what they will choose.

Logically, I would think that the downstairs bedroom will be Derick's office, then Israel and Sam share, the baby gets his own, and Derick & Jill get the master. Since Israel and Sam are both going to have to get up for school next fall, I hope they don't put the baby in their room. 

• Love 9

The Dillard's new home is quite nice. They'll have plenty of room to spread out.

I hope Jill does a better job than the previous owner in decorating the expansive wall.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I like the white kitchen. We have been wanting to do ours over in white for the almost 10 years we have been here now, but other projects keep getting priority. Ah, well...

All white kitchens may be waning a little in popularity, but I do think that they will always fall into the "classic" category, and never go completely out of style. 

• Love 20

I like a white kitchen, also. It's so easy to add color with decorations, curtains, and other things that having color on the walls isn't necessary. I prefer her white bedroom walls to the bold colors that were there originally, but I like my bedroom painted a soft, muted blue or green. 

• Love 9

well we know the space over the cabinets will be where Jill places every dead and dusty bouquet Derick has ever given her. Just like it was in the house they sold. Also those baskety wall hanging things with the dusty fake greenery she got from Grandma Mary's house will need to be in the living room again.

I have been doing a lot of painting this year for various folks and not one person has picked white, off white or beige. It makes my heart happy to paint a color. This week I have painted 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. light mint green in one with a darker green in the adjoining bath. The other was called french vanilla, so a yellow, with the bath a lighter yellow from the same color strip. 🙂

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Apparently I am in a small minority in liking to be surrounded by color.  I don't do loud or overbearing colors, but I like a few saturated colors and subtle, slightly muted light colors and and a small amount of a warm off white.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Apparently I am in a small minority in liking to be surrounded by color.  I don't do loud or overbearing colors, but I like a few saturated colors and subtle, slightly muted light colors and and a small amount of a warm off white.

Taking my reply over to Small Talk.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I’m with you, I love color.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

well we know the space over the cabinets will be where Jill places every dead and dusty bouquet Derick has ever given her. Just like it was in the house they sold. Also those baskety wall hanging things with the dusty fake greenery she got from Grandma Mary's house will need to be in the living room again.

Maybe having a better income stream will enable them to buy better furniture and decorate more nicely in the new home. 

• Love 3

I love the decorating of the novogratz...at least some of their stuff...they do alot of color...my next house ( looking now!)..I am doing greens and blues and sun yellow...I want to bring the outside in and have my home reflect the brightness and beauty of the blue of the sea and sky the yellow of the sun and the green of grass and trees....

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Suzn said:

My walls are aubergine with a bit of grey on some smaller walls. I love rich colors. I have 3/4 of the outer walls as windows, so it never seems dark.  I'm sure that Jill is excited about all the dead things she can put around the space.  Hopefully, she'll save all the big projects for when the new baby is settled.  Nice big yard for Fenna and the kids.  It needs trees and flowers!  If that house was 80K more than their old house, they sold high and bought low. Good job, Dillards.

16 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Maybe having a better income stream will enable them to buy better furniture and decorate more nicely in the new home. 

I don't have human kids but I do know that kids and new furniture is not always a happy union.  My mother waited for us to get older before buying new furniture and at that point, there were grandkids.  I think Jill's furniture is fine.  

• Love 11
4 hours ago, hathorlive said:

I don't have human kids but I do know that kids and new furniture is not always a happy union.  My mother waited for us to get older before buying new furniture and at that point, there were grandkids.  I think Jill's furniture is fine.  

I was thinking of the kitchen table and chairs.

3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

it's the swim school - Israel moved up a level.

It's still more formal education than most of their Duggar cousins will ever get, even if it does involve water wings.*

*I'm KIDDING about the water wings. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
(edited)

That house will be trashed in no time.  Those clean white cabinets are going to be grubby and look like crap.  The original wood would have hidden the grime more easily.  

Cleaning and maintaining has never been their strong suit, and with a newborn & absent husband, Jill will be "housekeeping" like Jessa.  But in a larger space. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Love 3

Her family may be toxic, but maybe Jill and Derick get the support and love they need from his family. If they moved far away from both his and her families, it would be a lot for both of them. And we know how well she handled being a "missionary" in Danger America.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Zella said:

That U of A law degree is going to open more doors for him in Arkansas than across the country. I can't stand Derick but moving away from the immediate area where their families are but to a place she is still likely familiar with actually seems like a pretty reasonable way to get some distance without overwhelming Jill. 

She would have also been able to keep her OB. It may be more of a drive now, but better than having to find a new doctor this late in her pregnancy.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Dianaofthehunt said:

I’m disappointed that they’ve chosen to remain in Arkansas.

Why not spread out and see what the rest of the country is like?

Because Arkansas is beautiful! The majority of people are lovely, unassuming and humble, and the cost of living is reasonable. When we retired we could have moved anywhere in the world and we chose Arkansas - on purpose! 😁

I imagine Jill and Derrick feel similarly. They can travel and see the world but AR is home to them.

We fist came to AR over 40 years ago soon after we were married and fell in love with the land and the people. We left everyone we’ve ever known to move here in ours 60s and it’s been one of the best decisions we’ve ever made.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

Derick is licensed to practice in Arkansas...not other states. Any other state they move to would have to allow Derick to "motion-in" and become licensed in that state without having to take another Bar exam. Also, Derick has absolutely no experience as a lawyer yet. He really has to stay in Arkansas at this point.

• Love 4
On 5/22/2022 at 7:18 PM, lookeyloo said:

Agree. It is easier to change out accessories than paint walls and get new furniture. 

My SIL would beg to differ.  I couldn't tell you how many times in the last couple of years she has repainted her house. *eyeroll*

• LOL 7
14 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Their response to the Josh's sentencing..

Yesterday we learned that Josh was given a 151 month sentence in federal prison for his crime of CSAM. The last several weeks and months have been difficult emotionally. Yesterday was another one of those hard days. We are neither rejoicing nor disappointed by the sentence, but we are thankful it’s finally over. The Bible clearly states that God effects justice and vengeance through the governing authorities. Though some believe Josh should have received a greater sentence and still fewer believe he should have received a lighter sentence, God has carried out his vengeance today for his unspeakable criminal activity. Until now, he has yet to be held accountable to the extent necessary to cause change in his dangerous pattern of behavior. It is unfortunate, but it seems that it may take spending over a decade in federal prison, and still more on probation, for Josh to have any potential for rehabilitation to the point he can safely live in society again. Hopefully, Josh can actually begin to get treatment and begin to work toward a lifestyle where he is less likely to reoffend. If for nothing else, the notoriety of this case has hopefully contributed to the deterrence of potential offenders and will help protect children by decreasing the demand for CSAM. We continue to love Josh and his family and will be there for them however we can.

I like that they mentioned him not being held accountable and maybe it takes this to change things and change him. 

• Love 22