Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

I thought people shouldn't dye their hair while pregnant? Does bleaching not fall into that category?

It's perfectly safe for Jill to bleach and dye her hair at this stage of her pregnancy. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

The color isnt flattering to her. I also think she needs a haircut. Her ends look really fried. A trim of even a couple inches would do wonders.

I think if it makes her feel happy than she should do what she wants, though I do think she needs a couple of inches off the ends. 

• Like 3
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

I don't understand why the all seem to want to be blonde..Bates girls included.

There are social groups where by being blonde is the epitome of attractiveness. 

Of course any person can do what they want with their own hair, (and beauty is subjective) but if you want to lighten your hair there are tones and shades that flatter more people than others. 

If Jill is happy with it, then more power to her. But hair is an easy enough thing to change if you just hate it a few weeks later. 

I find it difficult to judge this photo- the lighting is off with the bright sunshine and I can’t really see the style. 

image.thumb.jpeg.ea263aa2d9a2160247051860189bf48e.jpeg

• Love 9

Jill takes uniformaly awful photos of herself. I agree that the shade isn't flattering to her coloring, but it's probably less awful than the photos suggest.

Jill isn't the most attractive of the sisters, and Gothard places a huge premium on an attractive "countenance" in women and girls. I think that Jill had a lot of self esteem issues for a long time, and I'm glad that she's doing things like this for herself. She looks happy and excited in all of the photos, and she feels pretty.

None of the Duggar daughters has any skill or talent in hair, makeup, fashion, house decoration, cooking or child rearing and all of their "likes" and "shares" and "followers," etc. are based on the show, and none of them has managed to forge a coherant brand outside of it. Jill feels pretty with her new hair color, and her husband has a job -- she's probably going to be okay if she never develops a coherant SM presence.

• Like 3
  • Love 16

All of these girls seem to get the same unflattering platinum blonde color when they should be going honey blonde. They can get a few platinum strands added in the summer , but they need to chose a more natural blonde. 

I come from a family of actual natural platinum blondes. I’m the only natural brunette. My hair is dyed honey blonde. Platinum totally washes me out. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Zella said:

They also confirmed in the post what @Jeeves posted about a couple of weeks ago about them buying a house in AR but near the OK border. They're moving to Siloam Springs. 

Right. They confirmed location in the blog post.(and proved our super sleuths to be correct!) 😄

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I'm glad to see Derick hasn't rushed off to work for the Family Research Council or Focus on the Family.  It will be interesting to watch his career develop.

I wondered if he might become involved with Liberty Counsel or other firm that is fervently anti-LGBTA and pro religioius freedom, but I think Liberty Counsel has a limited number of partners and depends on volunteer work from other attornies.  That type of work might come later for Derick.

• Sad 1

I wonder if everything that’s gone down with Josh over the last couple of years made Derrick look at public service rather than a place like FRC. I’m sure that Jill still had a lot to unpack emotionally, and maybe he saw how his “mission” could be bringing justice to kids/people hurt by lowlifes like Josh. I’m hoping that. 

Or, maybe they were the only people who would hire him. 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I'm glad to see Derick hasn't rushed off to work for the Family Research Council or Focus on the Family.  It will be interesting to watch his career develop.

I’m glad to see that, too, but it could simply be because nobody’s made him an offer. I’d imagine that anybody connected to the Duggars would be persona non grata with the FRC, FoF or any other national lobbying group these days.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I wondered if he might become involved with Liberty Counsel or other firm that is fervently anti-LGBTA and pro religioius freedom, but I think Liberty Counsel has a limited number of partners and depends on volunteer work from other attornies.  That type of work might come later for Derick.

Don't forget that Derelict is a member of the Federalist Society. Depending on how serious he is about his membership, it may color his career path in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Don't forget that Derelict is a member of the Federalist Society. Depending on how serious he is about his membership, it may color his career path in the future. 

Yes, he might have dreams of the Supreme Court, heaven forbid!

• Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 4

So, Derick is a new prosecutor? Yes, he will be handling the smallest of misdemeanors for a while until he has experience. He will be in court a lot but for small infractions. I'm curious as to how long it will be when he's promoted to felony. We'll wait and see. I wish him well. He will be very busy at work as they have a high caseload. Good luck to him; I hope he enjoys his career. They now have State benefits; retirement, etc. Good for Derick.

• Like 3
  • Love 18
On 6/4/2022 at 1:23 AM, GeeGolly said:

This is what happens with celebrities - they start believing all their followers/fans compliments. Everyone needs a close friend or two who will tell them the truth, even when its a harsh truth.

Amy, please tell Jill that she looks prettier as a brunette.  Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I think everyone has that "look" they think that will look awesome on them, but it's very daring to try it.  Jill must have always thought she'd look good as a blond, and for all we know, she actually looks in the mirror and sees herself as a much elevated version of herself.   Obviously, it does not really suit her, but I give her props for at least trying something different.   I've never been a huge fan of "what not to wear" or "queer eye" type shows that force people to wear styles (hair or otherwise) that they themselves would never choose simply because they will look "better" in the eyes of everyone else.  I think we should dress and style ourselves based on what makes US happy.  I guess my point is that while the blonde hair washes her out, it obviously makes HER very happy and that's the only important part.

I agree if Jill is truly liking what she sees and not responding to what others are/were telling her. She first went blonde during the trial and she received a lot of oohs and ahhs because of her new doo. Jill may think she looks good because some have told her she does.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

If I had my choice, I would go red, but I'm allergic to hair dye. I can only handle light blonde without getting blisters. Right now the darkest i can go is light ash blonde. 

Some of us have no choice though I don't think this the case with Jill.  

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I think everyone has that "look" they think that will look awesome on them, but it's very daring to try it. 

At this point, probably the most daring thing a Duggar daughter could do as far as their hair is concerned is cutting it to shoulder length or shorter. Blond? Been there, done that.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, graefin said:

At this point, probably the most daring thing a Duggar daughter could do as far as their hair is concerned is cutting it to shoulder length or shorter. Blond? Been there, done that.

This is Jinger - toward the end of growing out her bleached blonde (fried) hair. Jill will probably reach this point too.

image.png.ddb88a5725a217688c25746446d8194d.png

• Like 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Yikes, they're ambitious. Fire before church?

I'm guess they like to get up very early (I'm told some people do) and their church service starts later--maybe 11:00.  That would give them plenty of time to relax by a fire in the morning.  I wonder if their church is close to their neighborhood.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

Some kindergartners are up at 6 and probably by 7 at the latest.  They'd have time for a fire and leisurely breakfast.  A lot of churches are very informal these days and the boys could go in shorts and tee shirts.  They could all be dressed and out the door in 10 minutes.  Even with a 15 minute drive to church, they could start getting ready shortly after 10:00 and have no problem getting there on time.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I'm guess they like to get up very early (I'm told some people do) and their church service starts later--maybe 11:00.  That would give them plenty of time to relax by a fire in the morning.  I wonder if their church is close to their neighborhood.

Is this a common thing? To have a fire in the morning while wearing shorts? 

• LOL 3

Hasn't Jill posted before the boy's bedtime is something crazy like 7pm so she and Derick have time alone in the evening?

If they are going to bed at 7pm, the boys are surely up by 6-6:30am

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

7 pm sounds like a pretty normal bedtime for a kid Izzy's age. My own bedtime around that age was 7. I've always been a night owl, so I still would lay awake for hours, unable to sleep. LOL But I never got the impression that was an abnormal time to be sent to bed for a small child. If anything, I was probably the little weirdo for being such an insomniac. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 2
  • Love 15
Just now, Zella said:

7 pm sounds like a pretty normal bedtime for a kid Izzy's age. My own bedtime around that age was 7. I've always been a night owl, so I still would lay awake for hours, unable to sleep. LOL But I never got the impression that was an abnormal time to be sent to bed for a small child. 

maybe true, I was going by my own grands bedtimes. the 6 and 8 yr olds have 8 and 8:30 bedtimes. But some kids are natural early risers which leads to early bedtimes. I was thinking jill posted something on getting them to bed early specifically for the adult alone time, not because they were early risers.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Perhaps after this baby is born, Jill will find it difficult to manage such long hair and want a change...shorter and more honey-like.  Her natural color looks good on her. What she should try out IMO, is keeping her natural hair color and go for a completely different much shorter hairdo. The health of your hair is 75% of "it". Her hair looks fried and unnatural.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

maybe true, I was going by my own grands bedtimes. the 6 and 8 yr olds have 8 and 8:30 bedtimes. But some kids are natural early risers which leads to early bedtimes. I was thinking jill posted something on getting them to bed early specifically for the adult alone time, not because they were early risers.

I think it could be a bit of both--it's their bedtime but it also works to give Jill and Derick some alone time in the evenings. But I don't think it is their worst parenting decision if it is. 

8 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

If they're going to the same church (Cross Church Rogers), it's about a half hour drive. 

My guess is they probably are, and it might have been part of what made Siloam Springs an appealing destination versus fully relocating to Stillwell. They'd needed to have found a new church if they'd moved to Stillwell because the distance would be a bit more prohibitive for driving back to Rogers weekly.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

Will Derick be home in the evenings? They usually work recent law school grads to the bone those first few years. Maybe working in the DA's office is different?

I'm sure their "new life" will be an adjustment for them.  New house, new job, new work schedule, new baby.  Both big boys in school.  Lots and lots of changes.  Bed times may change, too.  It will be interesting to see how they cope with all the changes.

• Love 10

When my kids were the Dillard boys' ages they went to bed at 7 during the school year. During the summer we were much more flexible which felt nice for a couple of months, but then it always felt nice to return to a set schedule when school came.

Jill runs at a bit of a deficit when it comes to daily routines, so this summer could go either way - it may be a good settling in time before the kids go back to school, or it could be a hot mess with the baby on one schedule and the boys on another and Derick not around to help.

• Love 5
(edited)

I was also not considering the Dillard boys not being involved in after school activities. The grand boys get off the bus at 4:30, inhale dinner, and then have baseball, scouts or whatever that go on past 7. Possibly Izzy's bedtime was different when he was doing cross country running for his school.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 5

Just saw in the comments that Jill said they are looking at churches closer to where they are now. She confirmed that they've left Cross Church (sad to leave it behind, or something like that). 

I imagine Jill will have the boys in bed early and have a late dinner with Derick, whenever he gets home (remember he also has half an hour to commute each way). It will be challenging with the new baby in its own schedule.

• Useful 10
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Just saw in the comments that Jill said they are looking at churches closer to where they are now. She confirmed that they've left Cross Church (sad to leave it behind, or something like that). 

I imagine Jill will have the boys in bed early and have a late dinner with Derick, whenever he gets home (remember he also has half an hour to commute each way). It will be challenging with the new baby in its own schedule.

It was going to be such an adjustment for them. New house, new neighbors, new church new school, new job which keeps Derrick away for a long period of time each day, new baby. 

• Love 3

How far does Miss Cathy live from them now?  I just can't see Jill dealing with the 2 school boys and a new baby with Deertick away at work 30 mins away the whole day.   I'll bet someone comes to help her.

• Love 3