Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I would guess that's the address where he'll be working..

That’s what I thought so does that mean OK has bar reciprocity with AR?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I checked, yes it does.

Just curious, what city in OK?

The person just posted that it was right on the border. Hope that helps. 

(edited)

I’m thinking the address could just be where he’s registered? It may not have anything to do with where he may be employed, or the area of the state where they may be moving. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, SMama said:

You guys are REALLY good, and maybe scary. 😂 Now on to determine what Derick will be doing there. 

It's all already been posted on Reddit for the last couple of days.  

• Love 1

Well if they live in Oklahoma, there goes all discussion of covenant marriage if they divorce.  :)  I guess we'll find out fairly soon where they are.  Farther away from Jim Bob is always better in my view.  I hope it isn't too far for Cathy.  She seems an important part of their lives.  

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Has his job been posted?

Last I checked, the jury was still out on that and the sleuthers were still trying to figure it out. :)

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
58 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

It's all already been posted on Reddit for the last couple of days.  

That explains my cluelessness, I don’t do Reddit. 

• Love 4

Just looked up Stilwell, OK, on Wiki, and wow, it's not pretty. Paints a rather depressing picture of the town. There's also this: about 12 miles from Stilwell is Elohim City, which is described as an armed, evangelical, white supremacist compound, with ties to a variety of terror and racist organizations, including the Aryan Resistance Movement. 

That place will basically be in Jilly and Deertick's back yard. 

• Sad 1
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, DXD526 said:

Just looked up Stilwell, OK, on Wiki, and wow, it's not pretty. Paints a rather depressing picture of the town. There's also this: about 12 miles from Stilwell is Elohim City, which is described as an armed, evangelical, white supremacist compound, with ties to a variety of terror and racist organizations, including the Aryan Resistance Movement. 

That place will basically be in Jilly and Deertick's back yard. 

Sounds like we know exactly who Dudley's new "clients" will be.   He'll feel right at home.  

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, SMama said:

That’s what I thought so does that mean OK has bar reciprocity with AR?

Don't you have to practice for something like 5 years before reciprocity kicks in?

A quick Google to Oklahoma's reciprocity requirements state that the lawyer has to be in good standing for 3-5 years. 

I don't see how he could practice in Oklahoma.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 6
21 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Don't you have to practice for something like 5 years before reciprocity kicks in?

I believe that’s if you do it by motion.

Found this:

FF29FC51-5BD8-48AB-A10C-ADE6593F4E6C.jpeg

• Useful 15
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Does moving to OK mean that they will have in state tuition when Izzy & Sam head to Oklahoma State University to become Pistol Pete?

If they stay there.  It's usually something like a year in-state to qualify.  

• Useful 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

I think Derick has their whole lives planned out. It's not a crazy plan. I hope everyone is happy with it. 

Edited by BetyBee
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Oh goodness, Jill wore that sad matron of honor dress.  I guess we can say she's frugal rewearing it.  

It's nice when a state inducts so few new lawyers that they can make a production of it.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Oh goodness, Jill wore that sad matron of honor dress.  I guess we can say she's frugal rewearing it.  

It's nice when a state inducts so few new lawyers that they can make a production of it.

I recall more names on the pass list than people at the swearing-in. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Derick's becoming a licensed lawyer in Arkansa doesn't rule out his also becoming a licensed lawyer in Oklahoma. There's a reciprocity agreement between Arkansas and Oklahoma that would allow that. IOW his Arkansas law license would be required as the first step if in fact he is heading toward also getting admitted to practice in Oklahoma. I haven't looked up the requirements that apply so I'm not saying he's entitled to be licensed in OK at this point. We also don't know what's behind his changing his work address to the county courthouse in Stilwell, OK. 

The law license thing is not an "either-or" situation as to states of admission. You can be licensed to practice in more than one state, although of course the details of what that takes vary from state to state. (I am licensed in two states, although no longer actively practicing anywhere.) 

Anyway, congrats to Derick for passing the bar. IMO it's no big deal that it took him two tries. Stuff happens.

• Love 23
17 hours ago, Absolom said:

And it has to be before they apply or attend. In other words, they can't say "we lived here for three years fifteen years ago" and be entitled to in-state tuition. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Absolom said:

Per wiki, the 2020 population of Arkansas was only 3,013,756. How many lawyers should they be inducting?  

• Love 3

I know. Arkansas has a smaller population than the county I live in.  This county inducts more lawyers a year than the state of Arkansas.  I think it's nice that they have a number that allows them to do more pomp than the usual here.  

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I know. Arkansas has a smaller population than the county I live in.  This county inducts more lawyers a year than the state of Arkansas.  I think it's nice that they have a number that allows them to do more pomp than the usual here.  

I thought you were being sarcastic. I apologize.

I am surprised that Derick was able to get a job (apparently) easily since all I have read in recent years is that too many people are studying law. I think that his accounting degree must has helped, plus, maybe, his age. Mature, but not too mature?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Derick's becoming a licensed lawyer in Arkansa doesn't rule out his also becoming a licensed lawyer in Oklahoma. There's a reciprocity agreement between Arkansas and Oklahoma that would allow that. IOW his Arkansas law license would be required as the first step if in fact he is heading toward also getting admitted to practice in Oklahoma. I haven't looked up the requirements that apply so I'm not saying he's entitled to be licensed in OK at this point. We also don't know what's behind his changing his work address to the county courthouse in Stilwell, OK. 

Yeah I actually noticed the other day that the local attorney who does pro bono stuff for our library is licensed in both Arkansas and Oklahoma. We are closer to Missouri geographically than Oklahoma (and I see a lot of lawyers with Missouri and Arkansas licenses here too). I was curious about it but didn't dare ask. LOL I don't think he would mind because he's a pretty nice person, but I'd be embarrassed to admit my interest in the question was Duggar derived.

It never even occurred to me Derick would turn his eyes toward Oklahoma, but it makes sense, given they are close to the border and he himself lived in Oklahoma for years as a student. I wouldn't be surprised if Derick has a fondness for Oklahoma because he seemed to enjoy his time in college. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Does the UBE exam override the 3-5 years of practice that OK generally requires for reciprocity? 

I could be wrong, but that’s how I read it. Without the UBE one can request through motion. That’s when a history of practicing is applied.

I’m sure someone else can verify, or correct me. 😁

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill's IG post hashtagged Derelict as a public service attorney. I wish she wasn't so vague. I want to know who he's helping.

No matter who he is helping now it’s only as an eventual career move to deprive the majority of their rights. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Absolom said:

My sister is an attorney, when she passed the Ohio Bar, there was a swearing in with the Chief Justice of the Ohio Supreme Court.  Several hundred people were being sworn and they were allowed to have guests present.  They each got to pose with the Justice and their certificate as he gave it to them,  So, even with a lot of new lawyers, some states make a production of it.

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill's IG post hashtagged Derelict as a public service attorney. I wish she wasn't so vague. I want to know who he's helping.

I am retired from public service, working for state government. So when I hear that term especially attached to a profession (attorney) I think of government employee.  I know the term is broader;  providing a service in the public interest. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Slakkie said:

I disagree in that Derrick actually has worked and is providing for his family.  He worked at Door Dash while going to law school and is actually in a position to make money and provide for his family.

Now I am not going to go so far as throw rose petals at him - he probably is still a douche nozzle but I also will judge him for what he is now and not what he was even 5 years ago. I think he and Jill are the closest to normal and he is not having to suck of JB to survive.  

I also think Jill getting therapy has helped her.  Again these are still odd ducks but JB is a vile POS who allows his family to be used for money and allowed his girls to be abused.  Derrick has not been anywhere close to that.

It's great that Derrick was able to go to law school. He had an accounting degree and decided not to use it and so he spent his wife's money to further his own education (not hers- but I digress). And yeah he also did some grub hub. He could have been working regularly for the last decade and didn't - despite having two young children. So be it.  I do hope he uses the law degree for more than a few years. He's proven to be a good student. I have not seen evidence of him being a good career man - yet. Does this make him different than JB?

I don't know. JB and Derrick both started off having a family and THEN providing. They each had a hodge podge of jobs, relied on "family and friends," and used their children to attract attention. It's still the same mindset/pattern - whether or not Derrick now has a law degree (and JB a real estate "empire"). The personas they choose to present to the world are identical.  The men are at the center of both equations and they are the ones making the decisions for the people around them. They are smarter than everyone else. And to quote the Burgess letter, the are "better." At least that is what they think.

I do see one good point of divergence perhaps in the use of birth control. Reportedly both couples used birth control but JB stopped because of the miscarriage. Had it not been for Jill's pregnancy/delivery complications and the infamous battle of the medical bill - would Jill have five or six by now? It seemed they were headed that way. But their path changed.

So yes, the path diverged - thank goodness. But JB and Derrick still have the same egotistical, bigoted, exclusionary and patriarchal mindset. The roots of these men are strikingly similar.

ETA- correct me if I am wrong but the court documents seemed to indicate that the "therapy" was not to process her past but it was more to process her current situation through couples counseling. IT all still seems like a power grab. Jill was taught to believe one way about her family growing up and now she's being taught to believe a different way. I see no evidence that Jill is coming to her own truth - separate from any man.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

Hmm I'd speculated maybe they were moving later in May, and that's why they celebrated her birthday early at SDC. Now I wonder if they literally moved this past week.

• Love 4
Just now, Zella said:

Hmm I'd speculated maybe they were moving later in May, and that's why they celebrated her birthday early at SDC. Now I wonder if they literally moved this past week.

Has school got out yet?

I noticed as Jill was panning around no one else had their phone out. I wonder if she notices things like that?

• Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Has school got out yet?

I noticed as Jill was panning around no one else had their phone out. I wonder if she notices things like that?

Well that's a good point I hadn't thought of. My local school district is going until the 31st as the result of makeup days for weather. Looks like Izzy's school's last day is the 26th. I suppose, though, if they wanted him to finish the school year he could hang at grandma's for another couple of weeks. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3