Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Will DerJill do better or worse with a baby name? The bar is set Truettly low. 

They have--

Israel

Samuel

River

If they keep to this theme, then their next son's name will begin with A and end in El.  Possible contenders include--Abel, Abdiel, Abiel, Aharhel, Ashbel, Abimael, Adbeel, Adiel.  I could go on, it's a slow day at work, but it's almost quitting time.

• LOL 8
Just now, GeeGolly said:

I think they'll go with Gabriel, Ezra, Judah, or other names from the Bible.

This is my guess too. I see them picking a fairly standard Biblical name in the same vein as Samuel. And if they go outside of that, I assume it will be a nature-ish name, along the lines of River. 

• Love 5

since they went with River and not an EL name, I am thinking not an El name. Rachel would have been the obvious choice there to fit the pattern being biblical, continue the spelling of Israel and the EL ending.

my guess is Aaron. Though Abel Dillard makes me laugh every time it is mentioned

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

since they went with River and not an EL name, I am thinking not an El name. Rachel would have been the obvious choice there to fit the pattern being biblical, continue the spelling of Israel and the EL ending.

my guess is Aaron. Though Abel Dillard makes me laugh every time it is mentioned

Or Raphael.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/4/2022 at 4:56 PM, Dehumidifier said:

Or Raphael.

Raphael is not a Biblical name in the Protestant Christian tradition, so it wouldn't fit a pattern of Biblical names ending in -el.  

On 5/4/2022 at 5:03 PM, GeeGolly said:

This might sound harsh, but I think River was named River after he was miscarried. I'm not sure if he was full term that would have been his name.

I'd wondered about that too.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

It sounds like it is a piano that needs a lot of work.  I gave my piano away to a family with young children before I moved.  You can get electric pianos now that actually have the weighted action and touch of a traditional piano.  A bonus is that electric pianos don't need tuning.  I am happy with the one I bought.  It feels and plays like a "real" piano while needing less maintenance and floor space.

I had the same thought - that the piano wasn't worth the cost/effort of moving it.

Traditional acoustic pianos are, in this area, hard to even give away, unless they're high-end brands. I had to dispose of such a not-very-special old piano last year when administering an estate. I was relieved that one of the beneficiaries under the will wanted it. Seriously, every single charity/organization that accepted piano donations, was "not taking additional donations of pianos at this time." Also, many/most moving companies will either not move traditional acoustic pianos, or will charge hefty additional fees.

As you said, electronic pianos/keyboards are easier to own, and range from inexpensive keyboards ideal for beginners to quite fancy consoles.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Zella said:

Raphael is not a Biblical name in the Christian tradition, so it wouldn't fit a pattern of Biblical names ending in -el.  

River is an asexual name. I'm sure that's why it was chosen for the miscarriage.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
30 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I had the same thought - that the piano wasn't worth the cost/effort of moving it.

Traditional acoustic pianos are, in this area, hard to even give away, unless they're high-end brands. I had to dispose of such a not-very-special old piano last year when administering an estate. I was relieved that one of the beneficiaries under the will wanted it. Seriously, every single charity/organization that accepted piano donations, was "not taking additional donations of pianos at this time." Also, many/most moving companies will either not move traditional acoustic pianos, or will charge hefty additional fees.

As you said, electronic pianos/keyboards are easier to own, and range from inexpensive keyboards ideal for beginners to quite fancy consoles.

When I got divorced and was moving into a smaller place, I had no room at all for the piano my parents bought when I was a child and I inherited. I have a coworker who is a musician wannabe, who bought it for $500. He even hired special movers to get it. I regret selling it but even now, in my new home, I would be hard pressed to find space for it. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

And moving a piano is a huge expense.  You can't just pack a piano in a UHaul  if it is a good piano.  I had someone bring me a piano in a UHaul, and the sound board was broken in the process.(I did not know they were moving it themselves). And, as you said, professional piano movers are very expensive.  It is a real art.  I wanted a Clavinova, but "settled" for a Yamaha, and I am very pleased.  Very nice touch and sound, and just enough piano for what I want at this point in my life.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, questionfear said:

That or all the existing books are being packed, and if a handful of library books are going to keep the boys busy and out of trouble, it's worth it. 

Also, how does AR's library system work? I know in my area, the whole county is interconnected so I could return a book to a different library as long as it's part of the network. Maybe any library books they borrow can be returned to their new one.

I work at a library and you can return a book here from anywhere in the US. IF it is in state there is a delivery system. If it is out of state, we can mail it back. 

• Useful 3
15 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I work at a library and you can return a book here from anywhere in the US. IF it is in state there is a delivery system. If it is out of state, we can mail it back. 

It really depends on the library.  Not all of us can afford to ship books across the state or country.  In my library,  we only return books to libraries where we can hand deliver the books.  The rest stay in the lost and found where the patron can retrieve the books to return them.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

It really depends on the library.  Not all of us can afford to ship books across the state or country.  In my library,  we only return books to libraries where we can hand deliver the books.  The rest stay in the lost and found where the patron can retrieve the books to return them.  

True, I should have added that there are libraries that are unable to do that due to cost. We are lucky to have a good statewide delivery system and also lucky to have it in the budget to mail things out. Luckily, out of state items are rare. I think we might get about 1 or 2 a year.

The only thing we tell the patron is we are not responsible if an item gets lost in transit. I had a guy call to see if he could drop off some books from a nearby library. I explained this to him and he yelled at me that I planned on losing his books. 

• LOL 1
17 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Yeah we make a good faith effort to contact the person who accidentally returned it to us if we can. But unless it is something from the local school library, it's not finding its way home by our hand unless someone physically comes and retrieves it and mails it themselves. 

6 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I had a guy call to see if he could drop off some books from a nearby library. I explained this to him and he yelled at me that I planned on losing his books. 

LOL Is every library contractually obligated to have someone like this as a patron? Or more than one person like this. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah we make a good faith effort to contact the person who accidentally returned it to us if we can. But unless it is something from the local school library, it's not finding its way home by our hand unless someone physically comes and retrieves it and mails it themselves. 

LOL Is every library contractually obligated to have someone like this as a patron? Or more than one person like this. 

Unless he gets around, there are probably more people like him. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

And moving a piano is a huge expense.  You can't just pack a piano in a UHaul  if it is a good piano.  I had someone bring me a piano in a UHaul, and the sound board was broken in the process.(I did not know they were moving it themselves). And, as you said, professional piano movers are very expensive.  It is a real art.  I wanted a Clavinova, but "settled" for a Yamaha, and I am very pleased.  Very nice touch and sound, and just enough piano for what I want at this point in my life.

They do cost a fortune to move,  and, even a piano in good condition is going to need to be tuned after it is moved and that isn't cheap, either.  Sounds like the piano they had already needed considerable work to bring it up to a good standard.  Letting it go for cheap sounds like the reasonable thing to do.

I had a friend in med school who had been a classical piano prodigy as a kid and teen, he actually traveled all around Europe with a youth orchestra of up and coming young musicians when he was in high school.  His parents gifted him with a baby grand when he finished college (which was so much fun at parties and such; he had a great ear and could play anything after hearing it once.  Many a night spent drinking beer and singing along to Beatles tunes).  His wife hated the darned thing.  Aside from the fact that they were renters and had to find a place with a large enough living area to accommodate the thing, it was very expensive to pay professionals to move it and then to tune it once it was in place.  She used to joke that she wished he'd been a flautist.

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
On 5/4/2022 at 5:05 PM, Zella said:

Raphael is not a Biblical name in the Christian tradition, so it wouldn't fit a pattern of Biblical names ending in -el.  

I've always thought Raphael is one of the Archangels. I don't know if it's in the bible though.

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, HoneyBeach said:

I've always thought Raphael is one of the Archangels. I don't know if it's in the bible though.

That's the tradition, but he is not named anywhere in the Christian Protestant Bible. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, HoneyBeach said:

10 hours ago, Zella said:

That's the tradition, but he is not named anywhere in the Christian Bible. 

Taking this to Small Talk

• Love 1
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

911E6CDF-7756-47E8-98A8-67054BA61966.jpeg

Someone on Reddit posted that they saw Jessa/Ben and kids at Silver Dollar City yesterday (or maybe the day before). I wonder if they were all there together or just happened to be there independently on the same day?

• Useful 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Someone on Reddit posted that they saw Jessa/Ben and kids at Silver Dollar City yesterday (or maybe the day before). I wonder if they were all there together or just happened to be there independently on the same day?

If Derelict is already working at his new job, I assume they were there today rather than a weekday. 

I do wonder why they're celebrating Jill's birthday today; her actual b-day is the 17rh.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Has Jill mentioned a birth plan of any sort this time?   As in, please tell me she’s giving birth in a hospital!

I hope she already has referrals in hand wherever they're moving. It sounds like they'll be moving as soon as Izzy is done with school.

(edited)

I'd wondered if they were taking advantage of one of SDC's festivals, but from what I can see, the current one runs through most of May, so there isn't much of an incentive to do it today versus ten days from now. It's possible they're trying to get it out of the way early to avoid the horde that descends on Branson later in the month as people start taking vacations. Or maybe they're moving later in the month, and it was easier to do this now than closer to her actual birthday. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

10 days until the birthday, 20 days until the last day of school, but only two weekends in between. If Derick has started his job, much of life will be lived by weekends now - something Jill only got somewhat used to since Izzy started school - but Derick has always been pretty much around. So maybe this was the only time they could fit it in.

Starting in September, Jill and #3 will be the only ones home M - F.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Wow, yes, Jill is carrying large. I hope this isn't another indication of an "all too large baby". Hope she has real OB care and they are mindful of this child's size. Have they considered bye possibility of twins? She looks the part to me in that photo.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

Jessa would be really upset to see you speculate that Jill might be having twins. That is what she always teases above herself. 

Yes, Jessa is always having twins until it turns out that she’s not. If one of her sisters or sisters-in-law ever does have a multiple birth, her fury will know no bounds.

• LOL 4
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill has always carried large, so this isn't surprising.

I went & Googled images of when Jill was pregnant with Israel and Sam and she was very large with both of them. I really hope she skips the homebirth trial and just goes to the hospital to have this baby.

• Love 14

Dewreck made a comment on WOACB about adult children not being forced into the parents beliefs, in reference to a post with lots of photos of Duggars and in laws dancing up a storm at the recent vow renewal. 

• Useful 3
7 minutes ago, awaken said:

Dewreck made a comment on WOACB about adult children not being forced into the parents beliefs, in reference to a post with lots of photos of Duggars and in laws dancing up a storm at the recent vow renewal. 

Lol, he really doesn’t see it, does he? He may not forbid dancing for his kids, but he’s brainwashing them just the same.

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, awaken said:

Says the guy who would disown his kids if they turn out to be LGBTQ. Hypocrit.

• Love 12
(edited)
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Not sure if this with Izzy or Sam. And with baby#3 due in July.

image.png.f86d415d2a18775b966e449af1b68b9b.pngimage.png.6020447e8f1d00f63c8d986fd1c929f0.png

The first photo was Izzy and Izzy was a BIG baby at birth. I think he was just under 10 pounds? If baby #3 is due in July, then she's got to be about 8 weeks out now.

ETA: Izzy and Sam were both 9 pounds, 10 ounces. Gideon was the biggest at 10 pounds, 3 ounces; however, Izzy was the longest at 23 inches.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Useful 3
On 5/7/2022 at 6:50 PM, tabloidlover said:

Has Jill mentioned a birth plan of any sort this time?   As in, please tell me she’s giving birth in a hospital!

After 2 unplanned c-sections, she should be having a scheduled C. But these people don’t always make the wisest decisions. 

• Love 9

The Duggar sisters' general demeanor around pregnancy and delivery continue to astound me. Jilll's flippant expression in the picture of her and Derick announcing they had covid leads me to believe nothing has changed with this pregnancy.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'd bet the farm that she's going to try for a VBAC. Thankfully, she has to do it in a hospital as AR lay midwives aren't permitted to attend VBACs.

I agree Jill will aim for a VBAC. Unfortunately, Jill still has the ability to override medical suggestions and interventions. I hope she has humbled herself a bit and will see the experts as just that - experts. 

• Love 4

Years ago, my sister-in-law was able to have a VBAC as the baby was 6 weeks premature and thus smaller.  I would suspect that Jill is expecting a big baby, and if she goes full term a VBAC wouldn't be a good idea.  I hope she is receiving and accepting medical advice.

• Love 4