Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Has school got out yet?

I noticed as Jill was panning around no one else had their phone out. I wonder if she notices things like that?

Last day of school is 5/26. Looks like I cross posted with @Zella! Also thought that Izzy might be staying with Cathy.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Can we find out when they were in Little Rock for the swearing in?

The only date I could find was for two years ago. It was May 15 which was a Friday. So maybe this year was yesterday?

• Love 1

Maybe the Dillards were house hunting, closing on a new house, slowly moving stuff into a new house? Maybe getting the kids acclimated in a fun way? Or maybe they've already moved?

• Love 5

I don't know what to do with this information. LOL But the official FB page for the guy swearing them in (a state supreme court justice) is excited to swear in a relative on April 29 but also references being excited to welcome new attorneys yesterday. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I don't know what to do with this information. LOL But the official FB page for the guy swearing them in (a state supreme court justice) is excited to swear in a relative on April 29 but also references being excited to welcome new attorneys yesterday. 

So one of the guys Derick has "liked" repeatedly on LinkedIn is Jack Thorp who is a district attorney District 27 which includes Stillwell. I'm sure this has already been uncovered by I haven't gone back to read previous pages.  Thorp is a U of Arkansas law school alum. My thought was that Thorpe got him a job as an ADA typer person.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

So one of the guys Derick has "liked" repeatedly on LinkedIn is Jack Thorp who is a district attorney District 27 which includes Stillwell. I'm sure this has already been uncovered by I haven't gone back to read previous pages.  Thorp is a U of Arkansas law school alum. My thought was that Thorpe got him a job as an ADA typer person.

That's quite likely. I was wondering if there was a U of A connection. I don't know about the law school, but when I was in the English department, they were trying to cultivate an Indigenous Studies program. There was one English professor who was from the Cherokee Nation, and he was pretty proactive and energetic about it. I had a couple of classmates who did a thesis or dissertation under him. I never took a class with him, but I did take one with his wife, and she was a really nice person who talked about him and his work a lot. In any event, it wouldn't surprise me if there was a broader initiative at the university. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Still mulling the meaning of ADA. Derelict's not qualified to be an assistant district attorney. Even in podunk Stillwell. 

Right sorry, but he could be an AADA meaning he's training in a DA office to be the ADA.

• Useful 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That's pretty prestigious for someone who graduated with a B average. 

Valeria Luster was the previous ADA for Jack Thorpe in Stillwell. She left Feb 2021. She joined the staff in 2015 - the same year she graduated law school and then became full time in 2017.  Granted she probably had higher than a 3.2.

I'm not saying he is ready or even that is a title, but Derrick is probably in training under Thorp with hopes of rising through the ranks. 

But I am just pulling stuff out of my a$$ I truly have no idea! 😂

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 6
(edited)

I think his comparatively low GPA would probably put him out of the running for that position in a large city with more competitive applicants, but I don't think it would rule him out for a smaller town. Per its Wikipedia article, Stillwell apparently has a very high crime rate per capita. They may not be super picky on GPA at the courthouse if they need people and are having a hard time attracting applicants. My guess is my town's prosecutor wasn't wowing anyone in law school either. LOL (Maybe I'm being unfair to him, but I doubt our little town is attracting top talent either. I think the more talented attorneys who come back here do so due to family ties, not because of attractive job offers.)

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

@Zella, you have something in common with this Thorp guy. You share your undergrad alma mater. 😁

I just looked him up. It looks like he went to University of the Ozarks, which by all accounts is much saner than College of the Ozarks. LOL 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Zella said:

I just looked him up. It looks like he went to University of the Ozarks, which by all accounts is much saner than College of the Ozarks. LOL 

Oh, I didn't catch the distinction! My bad. 😂

• LOL 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That's pretty prestigious for someone who graduated with a B average. 

IMO it's not particularly prestigious, IF in fact Derick is joining the District Attorney's Office for the 27th Prosecutorial District of Oklahoma, and will work in their Adair County Office at the courthouse in Stilwell.

If Derick isn't joining that office as an ADA, the next few paragraphs of this post are irrelevant as heck.  🤣

According to their website, which may not be kept updated, the Adair County DA's office has a Managing Assistant District Attorney and a Victim/Witness Coordinator, and I assume they also have one or two admin/clerical support staff as well. The guy who's the Managing ADA has been an Oklahoma lawyer for 24 years. 

The District Attorney is an elected official, and if it's like the DAs offices in my state, each Assistant DA is appointed by the DA. The current DA, as has been mentioned above, was educated in Arkansas. I found it interesting that his wife is a lawyer with the Oklahoma Attorney General's Office (the AG is a statewide elected official). 

This DA's district covers four counties. I haven't drilled down into the numbers, but I'd be surprised if these offices are lavishly funded. If Derick is going to work as an Assistant DA there, he'll get plenty of hands-on casework, no doubt much of it involving bad checks, misdemeanors, juvenile offenders, traffic law violations including DUIs, burglaries, thefts, and maybe even child support enforcement. It ain't CSI or Law & Order - but it's a decent job that takes care of business for the public, mostly dealing with the messes some people make that other people have to clean up. 

You can browse the Oklahoma District Attorneys Council website to get a feel for the system.  The "careers" page linked from the home page, has a list of active job listings. There aren't any for the 27th district. I looked at a few of the entry level ADA listings from other districts. The quoted salary ranges are generally $65K - $75K. Basically they just require a JD and active Oklahoma law license. At least one  job required residence in the county. I believe these ADAs are state employees which means they get benefits like PTO and health insurance. Again, this is not a state that AFAIK is lavish with its spending. This isn't Boston, DC, or NY level pay or benefits, lol. 

As to Derick, as of this morning his LInkedIn notes he's admitted to practice in Arkansas. It also shows that he's worked as an intern or extern with the county prosecutor's office in Ft. Smith (Jan - May 2020) and the circuit court in Bentonville (summer 2020). He worked for a Fayetteville law firm for the last four or five months of 2021. He's volunteered with the Benton County teen court and the Benton County Legal help desk. There are more such things if you want to go look him up.

Derick is facing a job market that's oversaturated with people holding JDs compared to the available jobs. The article I've linked is of course not specific to Arkansas but I believe it's applicable at least somewhat to the job market there. He was savvy to go to in-state law school, so he's been able to make new connections and build on the connections he has from growing up there. It also appears that he's been active in intern and extern work through, I assume, his law school. 

Edited by Jeeves
Decided to remove links to the DA's office and council. Fixed grammar.
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, auntieminem said:

The Dillards were in Stilwell today at the Strawberry festival.  Jill posted pics on IG and did a story.  So maybe that is where they are moving.  https://www.instagram.com/p/CdjlWr9sJVF/

Strawberry Festival? Was Stilwell the setting of "To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar"? Because I am tickled by the idea that Derick will be living and/or working in a town featured in a movie about drag queens helping a small town kick their bigoted member to the curb. 

• LOL 17
(edited)

My guess is he starting off as a public defender or an assistant district attorney (prosecuting attorney in my area). Anyone who works with THE prosecutor is called an assistant, wherever you’ve been there 5 years or 5 minutes.  Most newbies I work with (I’m in the court system) start off in one of these two roles. 

Edited by ms.o
  • Useful 10

If Derick is indeed in the public defender's office OR the prosector's office, he will start with little misdemeanor cases equal to jay walking. He will have to work his way up with actual court room experience then he can be promoted to felonies.  Perhaps he will be on the juvenile docket. This is how it went for my former husband. Being promoted to felonies was a bit deal for them.

• Love 6
On 5/11/2022 at 3:09 PM, GeeGolly said:

I call it like I see it. To me Derick is the same asshole he was before JB stopped liking him. He is not a hero in my eyes. IMO, Jill went from a temperamental asshole father to a temperamental asshole husband.

He may very well be a miserable jerk.   That doesn't however mean that each and every scrap of info at all adjacent to him must be negative and picked apart to reinforce the fact he's an asshole.   After all, we don't know, he very well could be a conscientious recycler and might not kick the dog.    It won't wipe away the legitimate assholery, which will no doubt demonstrate itself without any help from anyone.

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

But he does purposefully run over the cat... so ... 🤷‍♀️

He AIMED at the cat. Joy yelled, "Hit him!" Cat ran away. Win for cat. That's when Derick became Derelict in my book. You don't aim your failed campaign cardboard sled at any animal.

• Love 8

Isn't that nice.  A brand new State for Deertick to spread his hate and bile to the masses.  Nothing like a fresh group of souls to pollute with your contemptuous and narrow minded beliefs.  I'm sure the Aryan Brotherhood will welcome him with open arms. 

21 hours ago, Tikichick said:

He may very well be a miserable jerk.   That doesn't however mean that each and every scrap of info at all adjacent to him must be negative and picked apart to reinforce the fact he's an asshole.   

Equal opportunity.  Jeremy gets the same treatment every day. 

They are all fair game, except for the underage group.  Then people just make fun of their looks.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

Isn't that nice.  A brand new State for Deertick to spread his hate and bile to the masses.  Nothing like a fresh group of souls to pollute with your

It’s Oklahoma. Lots of people agree with him there. 

From looking at the work he did while in LS, it looks like he’s looking for a job in public service. If that’s the case, then good for him. Hopefully, he wants to help victims and not just victimize them again. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He AIMED at the cat. Joy yelled, "Hit him!" Cat ran away. Win for cat. That's when Derick became Derelict in my book. You don't aim your failed campaign cardboard sled at any animal.

I’ve never forgotten that about Joy, either. And given the incident with the kittens last year, it doesn’t seem as though she’s changed.

2 hours ago, irisheyes said:

It’s Oklahoma. Lots of people agree with him there. 

From looking at the work he did while in LS, it looks like he’s looking for a job in public service. If that’s the case, then good for him. Hopefully, he wants to help victims and not just victimize them again. 

I agree. I have a lot of respect for public defenders and DAs. Hopefully he’ll help some people who need it instead of harming others. Only time will tell. He was the only one (were there any others?) who expressed concern for Josh’s victims in his SM post after Josh’s trial. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
  • Derick Tweeted he was angry at a couple news stations because they kept showing interviews of a couple outspoken teens who survived the Parkland school shootings.
  • Derick Tweeted his joy when it was ruled business owners have a right to discriminate against customers who believe/live differently than them.
  • Derick Tweeted he hoped the TLC show Lost in Transition was to show the world the devastations of mental illness.

Derick doesn't just preach his beliefs to the choir. He publicly celebrates when folks lose human rights and publicly spouts disappointment when folks gain human rights. Just because Derick had a fight with JB doesn't mean he'll fight for those who need it. Derick is still Derick, just like Jeremy would still be Jeremy if he became a lawyer.

• Love 20

The Forsyths and Vuolos mentioned victims of csam in their statements. 

The Forsyths wrote: "We agree with the judicial system's verdict and we are thankful for the men and women who work tirelessly to protect children and help prevent child sexual abuse material" ...,... "Our hearts break for all CSAM victims." 

The Vuolos: "We are saddened for the victims of horrific child abuse."........ "This reality makes the existence of sex trafficking and child abuse one of the most horrific evils imaginable."

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, birkenstock said:

The Forsyths and Vuolos mentioned victims of csam in their statements. 

The Forsyths wrote: "We agree with the judicial system's verdict and we are thankful for the men and women who work tirelessly to protect children and help prevent child sexual abuse material" ...,... "Our hearts break for all CSAM victims." 

The Vuolos: "We are saddened for the victims of horrific child abuse."........ "This reality makes the existence of sex trafficking and child abuse one of the most horrific evils imaginable."

Thanks. I obviously didn’t remember their statements very well. It was Jessa’s that was truly clueless and insulting.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Thanks. I obviously didn’t remember their statements very well. It was Jessa’s that was truly clueless and insulting.

I had to google search. I just remembered Joy's because she was straight forward and really laid everything out as it is.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, birkenstock said:

2 hours ago, birkenstock said:

I had to google search. I just remembered Joy's because she was straight forward and really laid everything out as it is.

I wonder who actually wrote Joy’s statement? 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 1
40 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I wonder who actually wrote Joy’s statement? 

IMO Austin with the help of a media consultant or other third party to proofread.  I would not be surprised if Joy had a hand in it too.  It didn't quote scripture like the Dillards and Vuolos. Just simple and to the point.  

Here is the full statement:

"Over this last year, as you can imagine, there have been a lot of unanswered questions in our minds regarding Josh. We were able to sit through the trial to hear the evidence for ourselves.

We agree with the judicial system's verdict and we are thankful for the men and women who work tirelessly to protect children and help prevent child sexual abuse material. Our hearts break for all CSAM victims.

We are praying for Anna and her children." 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
On 5/10/2022 at 5:31 PM, Gemma Violet said:

Yes, I took it to mean $500-$1,000 per episode after the negotiations.  

Re what Jill & Derick were paid, I just read that Derick testified that they were paid from the beginning of 2017 to May of 2017, so I guess 3-5 months.

1 minute ago, Gemma Violet said:

Re what Jill & Derick were paid, I just read that Derick testified that they were paid from the beginning of 2017 to May of 2017, so I guess 3-5 months.

As I understand it, they got paid for some of the run of CO before they left/were fired. That's not enough for a,down payment on a home or partial tuition for law school. 

I wish we knew how much their settlement with Boob was.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2