Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

On 5/7/2022 at 7:01 PM, Zella said:

I'd wondered if they were taking advantage of one of SDC's festivals, but from what I can see, the current one runs through most of May, so there isn't much of an incentive to do it today versus ten days from now. It's possible they're trying to get it out of the way early to avoid the horde that descends on Branson later in the month as people start taking vacations. Or maybe they're moving later in the month, and it was easier to do this now than closer to her actual birthday. 

Yes I could see that, with the moving hoopla (moving is never fun), Jill wanted to do this for her birthday, and this is where they could fit in in. 

43 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Every time they flash the photo of that escaped convict from Alabama, I always think it’s DerrickDillard. He resembles DD when he was at his shaggiest.

Now I can't unsee that.

• LOL 12
(edited)

Apparently, court transcripts were released regarding the sisters' lawsuit.

According to the transcript, Jill and Derick went to counseling as a mediation thing between Jill and her parents.  She tried to arrange mediation with her parents.  JB & Michelle did not attend any counseling.  Jill said the counseling helped her and Derick.  

Regarding Jim Bob not paying his kids for the TV show, Derick said in his deposition that he approached Jim Bob about not getting paid, and Jill & Derick wound up getting $500-$1,000 per episode.  Derick estimated that Jim Bob was making $10,000 per episode.

Jill said in her deposition that she saw a whole new side of JB when she & Derick started to make their own decisions.  She says her relationship with JB is not good and she only sees him at weddings and funerals.  She says it's emotionally taxing and triggering. 

When asked about what JB doesn't approve of, Derick said Jill's nose ring, her wearing pants, and occasional drinking. 

Neither he nor Jill have an NDA.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 16
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Apparently, court transcripts were released regarding the sisters' lawsuit.

According to the transcript, Jill and Derick went to counseling as a mediation thing between Jill and her parents.  She tried to arrange mediation with her parents.  JB & Michelle did not attend any counseling.  Jill said the counseling helped her and Derick.  

Regarding Jim Bob not paying his kids for the TV show, Derick said in his deposition that he approached Jim Bob about not getting paid, and Jill & Derick wound up getting $500-$1,000 per episode.  Derick estimated that Jim Bob was making $10,000 per episode.

Jill said in her deposition that she saw a whole new side of JB when she & Derick started to make their own decisions.  She says her relationship with JB is not good and she only sees him at wedding and funerals.  She says it's emotionally taxing and triggering. 

When asked about what JB doesn't approve of, Derick said Jill's nose ring, her wearing pants, and occasional drinking. 

Neither he nor Jill have an NDA.

This lawsuit was filed so long ago. What is the date of the transcripts?

• Useful 2
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This lawsuit was filed so long ago. What is the date of the transcripts?

It looks like Jinger's deposition was taken last September, so I imagine Jill's was done around the same time. 

• Useful 6

I thought MEshelle was the one who cared about her daughters wearing pants. But JB also didn’t approve? Too bad, you two, now several of your daughters have gone to the dark side!

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Why were Derick and Jill asked questions about their relationship with their parents in a case suing city entities. And why was Derick deposed at all?

As I understand it, Austin was also deposed.  No confirmation on Ben or Jer, but I suppose they were as well.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

Is it known if Jill’s house was bought outright or do they have a mortgage? 

Dereck also could have taken out loans for law school.

But it’s obvious that Jill’s $ is being used to fund their lifestyle. 

Dereck married well indeed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Derick shared in his deposition his reality (or lies). I'm not defending JB, but Jill was seen at the TTH long after wearing pants and piercing her nose. Jinger, Jessa and Joy and Jana (and Laura) all wear pants.

The fallout between the Dillards and JB & M is about (Jill's well deserved) money - plain and simple. Family feuds like this are as old as time.

Its a little odd that all the kids say JB easily loses his temper, yet Jill now saw a new side to him. I think it sucks big time JB & M, or at least Michelle, wouldn't go to counseling to work on mending their relationship though.

I just hope Jill didn't pick her father in Derick. Derick seems to have a short fuse too and I could see him getting into a pissing contest with his boys when they reach adulthood. I've always wondered too, what's up between Derick and his brother. They seem to only get together with Cathy is around.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I thought MEshelle was the one who cared about her daughters wearing pants. But JB also didn’t approve? Too bad, you two, now several of your daughters have gone to the dark side!

Michelle cares because Jim Bob gaslighted her very early in their marriage to feel bad for “cheating” him out of her virtue by dating other boys and wearing immodest clothing before she met him. Her conviction to wear dresses and avoid things like dancing almost surely came from JB’s passive aggressive comments about her “loose” teen years.

• Love 1

I saw something that said Derick's address on the Arkansas bar registration site has been updated to a courthouse in Oklahoma just across the border. So, it looks like rather than my guess of them relocating to Little Rock or somewhere within NWA, they're probably moving to Oklahoma and about an hour and a half away from their current address. 

• Useful 14
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

IDK, but Derick and his brother may talk, text, FB or even get together without memorializing it publicly on SM, so we don't really know how often they get together.   Derick also has a wife, 2 children, a home, has been in law school for a few years and was driving for GrubHub as well.   Who knows what type of hours his brother works or whatever else he may have as demands on his time as well.   Do we know how far away from each other they may live?  (I don't.)

Derick may not be the cat's pajamas for everyone, or particularly likeable to many people at all.  It seems a stretch to twist every single "factoid" into a negative characterization to fit a narrative.  It's just speculation.

IMO it's not odd Jill now sees a new side of JB.  She's looking at him from a different perspective now, which in no small part includes being several years older, married and a mother of two children.  It's incredibly common for people to look back on their childhood and their parents with fresh eyes after slogging through the trenches of parenthood and marriage for a few years.  I can't imagine just how much her perspective would have shifted after being freed from the shackles of the TTH and the overbearing control of JB's headship.

I call it like I see it. To me Derick is the same asshole he was before JB stopped liking him. He is not a hero in my eyes. IMO, Jill went from a temperamental asshole father to a temperamental asshole husband.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

IMO, Jill went from a temperamental asshole father to a temperamental asshole husband.

He seems pretty mellow to me.  On those videos he and Jill did, he always let her do most of the talking and seemed to take it in stride when she'd interrupt him.  

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

He seems pretty mellow to me.  On those videos he and Jill did, he always let her do most of the talking and seemed to take it in stride when she'd interrupt him.  

JB always lets Michelle do the talking too, so to me that's not an indicator of what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about how he reacts to SM commenters who have different opinions. I'm talking about his rage filled hate against those in the LGBT+ community. I'm talking about his twisted lies when confronted with truths and the lies upon those lies when they don't fit the next truth. I'm talking about his intolerance of kids being kids. I'm talking about his reactive public rant against the BSA becoming more inclusive.

I've never once seen JB flip a nutty on his wife or kids, but it doesn't mean I don't believe it to be true.

IMO, Derick is very reactive and then spends a lot of time denying his reactivity. To me that shows Derick has a very temperamental side. 

• Love 19
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Derick shared in his deposition his reality (or lies). I'm not defending JB, but Jill was seen at the TTH long after wearing pants and piercing her nose. Jinger, Jessa and Joy and Jana (and Laura) all wear pants.

The fallout between the Dillards and JB & M is about (Jill's well deserved) money - plain and simple. Family feuds like this are as old as time.

Its a little odd that all the kids say JB easily loses his temper, yet Jill now saw a new side to him. I think it sucks big time JB & M, or at least Michelle, wouldn't go to counseling to work on mending their relationship though.

I just hope Jill didn't pick her father in Derick. Derick seems to have a short fuse too and I could see him getting into a pissing contest with his boys when they reach adulthood. I've always wondered too, what's up between Derick and his brother. They seem to only get together with Cathy is around.

As the perfect fundie child she was probably rarely on the receiving end of JB's temper--and likely directed his temper at her siblings when she felt the need to hold them accountable (which is how Jana once described Jill as a child--she would stress out over her siblings bad behavior and tattle to "hold them accountable.") It must have been a huge shock when JB turned on her, whereas her siblings, who arguably had it harder than her as children because they "had" to be disciplined much more than she did, have an easier time being around their father as adults. 

I think you're spot on in you Derick/JB comparison. Derick seems like a good husband to Jill, like JB seemed like a good father to her. Let's see what happens if she ever "rebels" against Derick. 

• Love 7
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

IMO Jill is getting shunned by daddy dearest for DARING TO QUESTION HIM - a Godly headship - and exposing him as a lying liar who lied about the TV money. The clothes etc. are just nice cover for the real reason.

I agree the clothes are just a cover. But I would say Derick semi exposed JB. Jill was pulled along for the ride, whether she wanted it or not. My guess is she never wanted this. I'm not saying in the long run it won't be good for Jill, but I think Jill would have picked JB over money every time.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 7

I think Jill on her own could have had twisted logic used on her and wouldn't have figured out the difference.  Derick had enough real world knowledge not to be snowed.

• Love 15

I loathe to give this disgusting, POS tabloid any clicks, but this jumped out to me:

Derick also added in his own May 2021 deposition that Jill doesn't see her siblings 'at all,' though she is not estranged from them.

I find it interesting that Jill has 18 siblings, most within driving distance and for whatever reason, sees none of them. I wonder why.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I loathe to give this disgusting, POS tabloid any clicks, but this jumped out to me:

I find it interesting that Jill has 18 siblings, most within driving distance and for whatever reason, sees none of them. I wonder why.

I'm not reading into that too much.  I live in the same town as my brother and only see him a couple of times a month.  Life happens and you get busy.  Jill is married with two kids, seeing her siblings is going to be low on her list of priorities.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Well first its not true. Jill has been seen with them on SM. Shopping with Jessa, visits at her house by Laura and a couple of sisters, Michelle dropping by and (kid) birthday visits with James and Jana (all happened during the pandemic). But I'm going to guess other than the guys, most of the married Duggars don't get together outside of TTH. Derick and by extension Jill, aren't welcome there.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'm not reading into that too much.  I live in the same town as my brother and only see him a couple of times a month.  Life happens and you get busy.  Jill is married with two kids, seeing her siblings is going to be low on her list of priorities.

Yeah but he didn’t say she sees them on occasion or rarely, he said said she doesn’t see them “at all.” Granted this was May of last year so maybe things have changed since. Both my parents come from large families and I saw my aunts and uncles frequently, but I get that some families aren’t as close. And given it came from Derrick and not Jill, I’m taking it with a grain of salt as he has been known to stretch the truth to its semantic limits. She may have been in contact with some of her siblings even if she didn’t actually lay eyes on them. Jill may see it differently than DerickDillard Esq. I’d like to hear her perspective.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Derick may not be the cat's pajamas for everyone, or particularly likeable to many people at all.  It seems a stretch to twist every single "factoid" into a negative characterization to fit a narrative.  It's just speculation.

Perfectly said.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Yeah but he didn’t say she sees them on occasion or rarely, he said said she doesn’t see them “at all.” Granted this was May of last year so maybe things have changed since. Both my parents come from large families and I saw my aunts and uncles frequently, but I get that some families aren’t as close. And given it came from Derrick and not Jill, I’m taking it with a grain of salt as he has been known to stretch the truth to its semantic limits. She may have been in contact with some of her siblings even if she didn’t actually lay eyes on them. Jill may see it differently than DerickDillard Esq. I’d like to hear her perspective.

Honestly, it doesn't surprise me.

The whole Gothard schtick was to have a huge mob of children and then to pit the children against each other specifically to prevent them from banding together. Gothardism specifically discourages peer friendships and cooperation among siblings in order for the parents to maintain complete control.

I don't see any evidence that any of the older siblings intentionally interact. Even Jessa and Jinger who were supposedly "besties," hardly seem to interact at all. 

I think that the Howlers are closer, and I think that Joy and Austin spend time with them occassionally, and I think that the Lost Girls may be close.

I also think that Derick was under the impression that the Duggars were a large, loving, Jesus-y family, and the actual dynamics of the family were a big shock to him. While they may contact each other occassionally, it's so very far from what he expected that he sees the very little contact that they do have as virtually no contact at all.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

I think that the Howlers are closer, and I think that Joy and Austin spend time with them occasionally, and I think that the Lost Girls may be close.

I think the male Duggar siblings are somewhat closer simply because they were allowed to do outside activities together, while the girls were required to do housework and raise their buddies which is pretty solitary. The Howlers benefited from the TLC money and the need for the show to have them do something interesting and the fact that the strict adherence to Gothard's principals had started to slip as their Sister Mom's got married. Jason, James, and Justin all seem to have a 'normal' sibling relationship with each other.

As for the Lost Girls, it's hard to know where they're at since the show didn't show them that much and there isn't any social media posts of them socializing with other families like there is of the boys.

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I think the male Duggar siblings are somewhat closer simply because they were allowed to do outside activities together, while the girls were required to do housework and raise their buddies which is pretty solitary. The Howlers benefited from the TLC money and the need for the show to have them do something interesting and the fact that the strict adherence to Gothard's principals had started to slip as their Sister Mom's got married. Jason, James, and Justin all seem to have a 'normal' sibling relationship with each other.

As for the Lost Girls, it's hard to know where they're at since the show didn't show them that much and there isn't any social media posts of them socializing with other families like there is of the boys.

I agree. I think it could go either way with the Lost Girls. I agree that the strict Gothardism seems to have slipped since the JSlaves got married, so I don't think there's as much tattling as their once was, and they may not be as suspicious of one another as the older siblings.

They've only had each other their whole lives, so they may be very close, or they may be thrilled to get away from one another when they finally can.

• Love 4
On 5/11/2022 at 4:59 PM, GeeGolly said:

JB always lets Michelle do the talking too, so to me that's not an indicator of what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about how he reacts to SM commenters who have different opinions. I'm talking about his rage filled hate against those in the LGBT+ community. I'm talking about his twisted lies when confronted with truths and the lies upon those lies when they don't fit the next truth. I'm talking about his intolerance of kids being kids. I'm talking about his reactive public rant against the BSA becoming more inclusive.

I've never once seen JB flip a nutty on his wife or kids, but it doesn't mean I don't believe it to be true.

IMO, Derick is very reactive and then spends a lot of time denying his reactivity. To me that shows Derick has a very temperamental side. 

Derrick is absolutely a younger JB. Everything is performative. Derrick cares for Jill of course - but JB cares for Michelle too - at least if you go by the image each chooses to present. And they do likely care for their spouses but there is a firmly entrenched patriarchal order here working behind the scenes. Examine each character by what they choose to present - not by what we think is the truth. Each performance is identical in terms of a crafted image.

And even the glimpses we do get to see - the lapses in performance perhaps - reveal the equal temperaments.  Derrick is convinced he is correct on most issues, uses social media to taunt and needle, enjoys the argument and debate only to win (not to broaden). He believes he is smarter than most and more of a Christian than many; he does love the attention. He also brags about sex - in front of his kids. 

Put them both down at face value and they are the same bones. "Allowing Jill" to have a more modern lifestyle does not carry much weight with me. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
36 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Put them both down at face value and they are the same bones. "Allowing Jill" to have a more modern lifestyle does not carry much weight with me. 

I think Jill is "allowed" to have a more modern life in the things Derick either couldn't care less about or were things his mom did while he was growing up. I don't think he gives a damn how Jill wears her hair, or if she wears a bathing suit or pants, because his mom most likely chose her own clothing and got her hair cut without permission from a male. It would be interesting if that changed if some day Jill wanted to get a job. His mom worked at a real job, but would derick be ok with that for Jill? I don't think Jill has the desire or confidence to get a job, so probably we will never know on that one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Absolutely on target!  Because Jill looks so "modern" and does things she was not brought up doing, people can be fooled by the way they appear.  They are the same as they ever were.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Their house has sold for $305,000. They were asking $279,900.

Well good for them. They didn't seem to put any work into the house, so they made a good profit.

It seems they sold at the right time too. Its predicted the 'pandemic housing bubble' is coming to an end and prices will level off to actual value.

• Love 10
(edited)

Does anyone know how much they made from the sale? I don’t know their purchase price. 

Someone on FJ posted that They found an address for Derick at a courthouse in Oklahoma. Not sure what that means. 

Edited by SMama
(edited)
39 minutes ago, SMama said:

Does anyone know how much they made from the sale? I don’t know their purchase price. 

B9AE866E-4AE5-4545-8382-4F81FE5C0D34.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
Wanted to add, I have no clue if they had a mortgage.
  • Useful 6
54 minutes ago, SMama said:

Someone on FJ posted that They found an address for Derick at a courthouse in Oklahoma. Not sure what that means. 

I would guess that's the address where he'll be working..