Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Weird, they don't show the guest room or the garage in the house listing. Maybe they're over stuffed with the Dillard's belongings.

Jill has dried (dead?) flower arrangements on top of every single cabinet. Not only are they ugly, but I'm sure the dust they collect doesn't help Sammy's allergies.

Oh and BTW, the photos are not in black and white (and beige), they just look that way, lol.

Came back to add, I never realized how small their house is. With the extra bathroom and extra bedrooms its larger than Jessa's, but the living room and kitchen aren't much bigger.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

“ Knowing” their house from posts of theirs, the pictures were pretty good. There’s some “stuff”  I would have eliminated in them, but it looked like a home. I’ve seen listings  that look so freaking staged, that they come across as  fake, and would come under false advertising in my mind. Then there are the stretched out pictures that are an attempt to make rooms appear larger than they are. I saw one of a kitchen once, and the photo made the refrigerator look bigger than any known in real life because of that.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

“ Knowing” their house from posts of theirs, the pictures were pretty good. There’s some “stuff”  I would have eliminated in them, but it looked like a home. I’ve seen listings  that look so freaking staged, that they come across as  fake, and would come under false advertising in my mind. Then there are the stretched out pictures that are an attempt to make rooms appear larger than they are. I saw one of a kitchen once, and the photo made the refrigerator look bigger than any known in real life because of that.

I agree with this. When we were searching the first house we visited had great photos, looked amazing. We got there and yeah, everything was way smaller, finishes were cheap and cheap looking.  On the flip, the home we did buy, I didn’t even want to look at it based on the photos, but our realtor said to give it a try. I knew pulling into the driveway it was the home for us. The neighborhood was beautiful and the online photos did not do the home justice at all. The finishes were much higher quality, it was just the previous owner had a very eclectic style, so a lot of cosmetic changes were needed. This was at the bottom of the housing market, so buyers had tons of options, and anything not move in ready sat for months .

Homes are selling so fast that everyone I know who’s sold in the past year was basically told they could list as is with minimal staging. The Dillard’s home looks like a very basic standard newer build. Nothing remarkable but oki Obviously good enough to get an offer quick.

• Love 9

Has Jill said that the baby is a boy? 

I didn't mind the size of the Dillards' house, but I dislike all the clutter. I don't get the foliage and the cubbies hanging on the walls. I fully admit to leaning more toward the Marie Kondo end of the clutter spectrum, though. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Has Jill said that the baby is a boy? 

I didn't mind the size of the Dillards' house, but I dislike all the clutter. I don't get the foliage and the cubbies hanging on the walls. I fully admit to leaning more toward the Marie Kondo end of the clutter spectrum, though. 

Yes, in March:

6DEBEEC3-D4E9-4896-8994-1EFA22C827FC.jpeg

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

But will Jill take her dried wedding bouquet to the new house to hang in the bathroom?

I definitely hope she brings the photo of her parents kissing to hang in the new bathroom!  

• LOL 15
8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Given her tenuous relationship with Boob, I suspect that pic went the way of the dodo many moons ago. 

The fact it was in the bathroom was the first step in that process. 😉 

• LOL 18

I'm happy to hear that Derrick got a job. That's great. I've been skeptical about Derrick since he announced he was going to law school. But he finished it, passed the bar and got a job. That's great.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm happy to hear that Derrick got a job. That's great. I've been skeptical about Derrick since he announced he was going to law school. But he finished it, passed the bar and got a job. That's great.

I really hope this sticks before he is distracted by something shiny…

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Its funny - J & D have their kids exploring sports because Derick did. While I think its beyond beneficial to participate in sports whether one is good or not, it made me wonder if Derick's lack of coordination is due to shiny new things or does he just not have an athletic bone in his body?

Shiny new thing genes and the Duggar I'm an expert after 5 minutes genes could prove to be a disastrous mix. 

I hope if the boys find a hobby or sport they like, they'll be allowed to pursue it beyond look a squirrel with nut thingies🐿️😁

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That'll be a tough one. They have the holier than thou Covenant Marriage. 🙄

Covenant marriage doesn't preclude divorce.  It just takes a couple of extra steps and a bit more time to achieve or at least one of the parties moving out of state.  

Although I don't see these two divorcing any time soon.  They seem to have worked through many of their differences seem rather settled with each other.  

• Love 11
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Covenant marriage doesn't preclude divorce.  It just takes a couple of extra steps and a bit more time to achieve or at least one of the parties moving out of state.  

Although I don't see these two divorcing any time soon.  They seem to have worked through many of their differences seem rather settled with each other.  

There are only a handful of reasons they can divorce. Derelict could use Jill as a punching bag, but they'd still have to adhere to Covenant Marriage divorce protocol, which takes years. 

Yes, couples can divorce, but not before incurring a drawn out timeline and unnecessary expenses. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 1

Covenant marriages require a 2 year waiting period before a divorce can happen, but I don't think the couple could be legally forced to live together during that period. Not that I think the Dillards would ever divorce, but a dissolving a covenant marriage isn't too different from divorces way back when.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Yeah dissolving the covenant marriage isn't as insurmountable as people always make it out to be. I personally see other siblings being much more likely to divorce than Jill or Derick, though, for reasons beyond the covenant marriage. 

• Love 11

With physical abuse you don't have to wait two years, but you do have to do marriage counseling.  You don't have to live together while you wait.

Alternatively, one could move to Oklahoma or Tennessee or almost any other state, establish residency, and file there.  

Yes, I think it's ludicrous to go back to the way divorce laws were before no fault.  Even with no fault, it takes six months to a year in many states anyway.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Their house has a pending offer on it. Zillow says the listing was removed on April 19th and that it's off the market. So not sure what is going on. Normally you don't remove a listing until the house is actually sold/closed on. Our realtor left the for sale sign up(with the sold sign on it)until we were officially closed.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Their house has a pending offer on it. Zillow says the listing was removed on April 19th and that it's off the market. So not sure what is going on. Normally you don't remove a listing until the house is actually sold/closed on. Our realtor left the for sale sign up(with the sold sign on it)until we were officially closed.

That’s how Zillow has it. In other places it says, under contract, or pending.

The sign may still be up with one of those on it.

• Useful 4
32 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

That’s how Zillow has it. In other places it says, under contract, or pending.

The sign may still be up with one of those on it.

Here in my city, homes that are pending, Zillow doesn’t say the listing was removed. It still has them all listed for sale. Hence, my confusion. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Here in my city, homes that are pending, Zillow doesn’t say the listing was removed. It still has them all listed for sale. Hence, my confusion. 

In my area, the listings on Zillow change on an almost daily basis.  I will drive by a house with a for sale sign out front and attempt to look it up on Zillow to no avail.  The home will be listed on another real estate website though, or it will be there in a couple of days.  There was one time that I went looking for a specific home in my area that made the Zillow Gone Wild Instagram page, but it was not there. Their algorithm is funky.

• Useful 5

I wonder what their plans are in regard to moving? I'm thinking its not going to be soon if Jill is getting library books. I know for me anyway, I was packing everything up and nothing new was coming into the house. I also would have been concern any library books would accidently get packed.

Derick hasn't updated his job on LinkedIn yet.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder what their plans are in regard to moving? I'm thinking its not going to be soon if Jill is getting library books. I know for me anyway, I was packing everything up and nothing new was coming into the house. I also would have been concern any library books would accidently get packed.

I don't think he puts his current jobs on LinkedIn. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

That or all the existing books are being packed, and if a handful of library books are going to keep the boys busy and out of trouble, it's worth it. 

Also, how does AR's library system work? I know in my area, the whole county is interconnected so I could return a book to a different library as long as it's part of the network. Maybe any library books they borrow can be returned to their new one.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, questionfear said:

That or all the existing books are being packed, and if a handful of library books are going to keep the boys busy and out of trouble, it's worth it. 

Also, how does AR's library system work? I know in my area, the whole county is interconnected so I could return a book to a different library as long as it's part of the network. Maybe any library books they borrow can be returned to their new one.

I work in an Arkansas library system that is rural, and we have two counties combined like that. As far as I know, the NWA area has separate library systems for each city. I only ever used the Fayetteville library in college a handful of times, so I'm not familiar with them really. I know a lot of people with multiple cards for the libraries, so I doubt they are joined like that. If they're moving out of the area, they're definitely not going to be able to return them to, say, the Little Rock library system if the books belong to Rogers. We've had people do that to us, and it always backfires on people because we are not going to ship those books somewhere outside our system--why should we eat the cost of shipping for something that we don't do?-- and nobody else is going to do that for us outside the ILL system. 

• Love 10
(edited)
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

So far they have sold their piano, and a MacBook Air. I’d say they are in the packing phase.

How'd they manage that? I've always heard you can't give a piano away nowadays.

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

How'd they managed that? I've always heard you can't give a piano away nowadays.

It was $25. 

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

So far they have sold their piano, and a MacBook Air. I’d say they are in the packing phase.

$600 for a used laptop! I can’t believe someone bought it.

Maybe they bought a house that came with a better piano. Did Jill mention recently Izzy had started piano lessons? I might have that confused with some other Duggar spawn or Izzy and Sam taking swimming lessons or something.

• Love 2

The ad for the piano:

Bought piano at local thrift store 5 years ago for $50. Moving and need to sell. Pedals work. All keys play, but 5 of them play a little softer than the rest. Otherwise great condition! Comes with piano bench (great condition).

• Useful 7
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Maybe they bought a house that came with a better piano. Did Jill mention recently Izzy had started piano lessons? I might have that confused with some other Duggar spawn or Izzy and Sam taking swimming lessons or something.

I don't think Jill has ever mentioned music lessons for the boys. You must be thinking of the swim lessons that happened recently.

• Love 6
(edited)

It sounds like it is a piano that needs a lot of work.  I gave my piano away to a family with young children before I moved.  You can get electric pianos now that actually have the weighted action and touch of a traditional piano.  A bonus is that electric pianos don't need tuning.  I am happy with the one I bought.  It feels and plays like a "real" piano while needing less maintenance and floor space.

Edited by CalicoKitty
  • Useful 8
  • Love 8