Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Mind not working tonight... they have Israel and Samuel. That is I and S.

If they are spelling ISRAEL - wouldn't the next kid be an R name?

Why did we jump to A?

(I don't think they are spelling Israel but I'm having trouble following anyway - did I miss a kid?)

The baby they miscarried they announced as River, though I tend to think that was a gender-neutral name they chose after the miscarriage rather than one they actually planned to use. 

59 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Wasn't Gabriel the name Jessa had originally picked out for Spurgeon? I can see her being pissed if Jill "steals" it.

I was actually wondering that too. It was certainly the name that Ben's sister announced, and based on Jessa's personality, it wouldn't surprise me at all if she changed the name out of spite. Poor Spurgeon.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

If Jessa wanted to use Gabriel as a name for one of her children she had her chance with her three later children. Henry could have been Gabriel. Ivy or Fern could have been Gabrielle. Therefore, the name is up for grabs. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
10 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Israel

Samuel

Raphael

Abel

Emmanuel

Libel

There, that is how you spell out ISRAEL while maintaining the "-el" theme. Of course they all have to be boys to make it work...

Considering the recent defamation case, "Libel" might be a bit too on the nose.

Edited by lascuba
  • Like 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
(edited)

Jael was a pretty kickass woman in the Bible with an -el ending. I imagine Jill is probably not on board with a J name, though, given her family's naming theme and their current estrangement. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I kind of doubt the "spelling out Israel" thing. If they were doing that, it's just the kind of stupid, boring tidbit they'd share, and none of the gen2 Duggars (other than Anna) have shown any interest in creating a naming gimmick for their kids.

I think that they probably just like the -el names. I, personally, like them, and also names starting with "A." I continually gravitate to "A" names for my pets even though I spend a lot of time thinking about different names . . .

If they do like the -el names, there are still some left in the Old Testament: Abel, Azriel, Daniel, Emmanuel, Ezekiel, Gabriel, Lemuel, Nathaniel, Raphael. Of these, I think Emmanuel and Nathaniel are the most likely, but who knows.

Jill and Derick have done a reasonably good job of naming their kids, and I doubt they're going to dig too very deep into the Old Testament to find something unusual. Really, other than Spurgeon*, all of the gen3 kids have nice enough names.

*Oh, and Wilberforce! How could I have forgotten about Wilberforce!

Edited by cmr2014
How could I have forgotten about Wilberforce!
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I kind of doubt the "spelling out Israel" thing. If they were doing that, it's just the kind of stupid, boring tidbit they'd share, and none of the gen2 Duggars (other than Anna) have shown any interest in creating a naming gimmick for their kids.

I think that they probably just like the -el names. I, personally, like them, and also names starting with "A." I continually gravitate to "A" names for my pets even though I spend a lot of time thinking about different names . . .

I agree. It also seems a bit ridiculous to spell it out once you've already named the first kid that. Not that they are immune to ridiculousness but still. 

I noticed they seem to like nicknames. I'd previously voted for Gabriel and Daniel but overlooked Nathaniel. I could definitely see them using that one. 

• Like 3
  • Love 7

With them using River for the miscarriage I could see them using Asher this time if they are trying to spell Israel. I feel like Asher/Ash has a little bit of the earthy theme like River, while also being biblical.

• Love 6
On 6/12/2022 at 11:25 PM, Tuxcat said:

Mind not working tonight... they have Israel and Samuel. That is I and S.

If they are spelling ISRAEL - wouldn't the next kid be an R name?

Why did we jump to A?

(I don't think they are spelling Israel but I'm having trouble following anyway - did I miss a kid?)

Well, Jill did have a miscarriage a little while ago. I believe they chose a name beginning with "R" for that baby.

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Have there been any sightings of Fenna? I didn't notice her at the before church pit fire. I wonder how she's adjusting to the new digs.

She had a video in her stories at that time. Fenna was there. 😁

• Like 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Maybe Jill had her baby! She has been quiet ! 

No new posts since June 6th.

I thought she was due in July or so. Or maybe I'm wrong. They may just be settling in the new place and getting everything ready for baby. 

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Insta keeps telling me that Jill made a post, but I am coming up empty. She missed Father's Day and her anniversary on Tuesday. 

I wonder what's up?

I went and checked - no new post. I clicked on their blog link and was redirected due to potential malicious link.

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

Isn't the baby due in early July? Maybe he's making an early appearance. 

I thought that a few days ago when she didn't post on Father's Day. But now, she also missed their anniversary. It has to be the baby 

• Useful 4
29 minutes ago, SMama said:

Does this mean she gave birth or just that the shower is coming soon.

B91AB4A1-8076-4375-801A-EBC874778822.thumb.jpeg.eb12dc5742ee4c9ae90cc0b00f72c40f.jpeg

I feel like if it were anyone but Amy, my guess would be it is just a shower. But Amy is nothing if not awkward as fuck and given to making everything all about her, so your guess is as good as mine. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
5 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Why does Jill need a shower? She probably already has all she needs for another boy. 

They're sliding into tacky and grifty with a shower for a third kid. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

This could also just be Amy's way of saying the baby will be here soon.  The winking emoji made me think maybe Jill is in labor.  Of course, they do have a mail box for "happy mail", so nothing would surprise me.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Why does Jill need a shower? She probably already has all she needs for another boy. 

That generation seems to feel entitled to multiple showers. It’s unfortunate.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Showers for second and third babies seems to be a thing these days.  I'm not a fan of that but I am happy to see Jill celebrated, and I hope some of her siblings attend.

I'm guessing if Amy is hosting the shower, no Duggars will be there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Showers for second and third babies seems to be a thing these days.  I'm not a fan of that but I am happy to see Jill celebrated, and I hope some of her siblings attend.

Second or more showers were not big when I was younger. I can see getting some new and fresh items. Maybe that car seat is on its last leg or you need more sleepers. 

• Like 5
22 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Second or more showers were not big when I was younger. I can see getting some new and fresh items. Maybe that car seat is on its last leg or you need more sleepers. 

Just getting a few new items for the new baby and having friends over to talk and socialize is nice too. Not a full on "getting everything" shower but more a get together and getting a few new things 

• Like 10
  • Love 12

I've heard of "sprinkles" as a shower for a second or third kid, but I think they're usually for someone who had a boy and is now having a girl or vice versa. Gifts are usually inexpensive, hence "sprinkle" not "shower". Things like clothes, pacifiers and blankets.

I'm guessing the Dillards definitely needed a new infant carseat, which they must have purchased by now.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

I don't mind baby showers/sprinkles for second or third babies. They are often a chance for friends to socialize and celebrate the upcoming birth. Typically people do not expect big gifts at these things. 

If Amy throws one for Jill I think its nice, I am glad they have a genuine friendship.

• Like 8
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

There’s a bit of an age gap with Sam and the new baby, so maybe they don’t have as much baby stuff as they had for the first two. 

True, but its my experience that 3rd time moms know they don't need the extra stuff. Plus the Dillards can buy what they need.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

There’s a bit of an age gap with Sam and the new baby, so maybe they don’t have as much baby stuff as they had for the first two. 

Yes, they probably loaned out stuff and it never came back. I think some of the baby equipment we had for my 5 years younger sibling were loaned or gifted from neighbors or relatives.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

My brother's significant other is having their third.    Hubby and I got invited to a shower.   It really is an excuse to just get the adults together and hang out.    Gifts are not expected -- although she is having a girl after having 2 boys.   Each baby gets a new quilt from me so that was happening whether there was a shower or not.

• Like 6
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

New Baby + Duggar = Gift Grab

It's encoded in their DNA and can't be bred out.  

Unfortunately, they’re far from the only ones in their generation doing it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

My brother's significant other is having their third.    Hubby and I got invited to a shower.   It really is an excuse to just get the adults together and hang out.    Gifts are not expected -- although she is having a girl after having 2 boys.   Each baby gets a new quilt from me so that was happening whether there was a shower or not.

Yeah, and the Dillards do have a lot to celebrate at the moment.  Derick graduated law school, passed the bar, and got a full-time job, and the Dillards have a new home.  Why not celebrate at this point?  I can see waiting to throw a party while Derick was studying for the bar last year (not to mention Josh taking up all the oxygen in the Duggar family these last 13-14 months).

• Like 5
  • Love 16