Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

On 8/21/2022 at 5:24 PM, charmed1 said:

How sad for Jill’s little sisters. I can’t imagine how it would feel to be forbidden from attending school and seeing your little nephews preparing for their first days of school. That’s heartbreaking.

I’m not sure if they’ll be sad though, I’m sure they’ve been taught that public school is evil, so for all we know they feel sorry for Israel and Samuel (is he starting school this year?) having to attend such a “satanic” place. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 11
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

I’m not sure if they’ll be sad though, I’m sure they’ve been taught that public school is evil, so for all we know they feel sorry for Israel and Samuel (is he starting school this year?) having to attend such a “satanic” place. 

Yeah my guess is the rest of the family is praying for their souls. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 12
11 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

Exactly, I am sure they side-eye the Dullard boys whenever the mention of "school" comes up.  It's heartbreaking to us, for them, they don't know what they don't know.

• Like 6
  • Sad 5
10 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

I would also hope Israel's helping out too.  He's a good-sized kid, starting 2nd grade, and he could help his mother.

And BEHOLD!  The sister-brother is born.....

• Sad 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

As much as I was pleasantly surprised that Michelle went to help out the Dillards (even though I think most of the estrangement was with Boob rather than Michelle), I'm trying to picture her helping the boys get ready for school. I hope, hope, HOPE she is abiding by the Dillard rules in that respect.

• Like 6
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

Oh they’ve definitely been taught that school is for sinners, but there are girls in other parts of the world who are also forbidden from attending school, yet they still desire to go.

• Like 7
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Didn't Josh attend Christian school for a couple of grades? Or maybe nursery school?

I could have sworn I read and/or heard that somewhere directly from the Duggars, but the last time I tried to fact-check it was after the trial, and finding anything about him not related to that was nigh on impossible. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Oh they’ve definitely been taught that school is for sinners, but there are girls in other parts of the world who are also forbidden from attending school, yet they still desire to go.

Oh for sure, I'm sure the Duggars have 1 or 2 kids who have thought hmm I'd love to go to school, sad really they dont even get a chance to go to college. 

• Sad 8
6 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

Oh for sure, I'm sure the Duggars have 1 or 2 kids who have thought hmm I'd love to go to school, sad really they dont even get a chance to go to college. 

Even the Bateses allow their spawn to attend Clown College. It's not saying that much, but it's better than nothing.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I would imagine Michelle is probably more interested in the new baby than the older boys.  I picture her mostly sitting and holding Frederick and expecting Jill to get the boys ready for school.  She never took much interest in her own kids after they were a few months old, so why would grandkids be any different?

• Like 3
  • Sad 7
  • Love 6
57 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

We also have no idea what time Derick leaves for work each day. It is possible he may be getting the boys off to school in the morning.

I think its quite possible that his new employers are aware of his wife's recent surgery and are allowing him to come late to get the kids to the bus while she recovers.  It would not be unusual in a salaried position like he has.  He will undoubtedly be able to make up the time at another point when they are in the midst of a trial or something.

That being said, she probably had a laparoscopic cholecystectomy (don't you love the big words?) and should be perfectly capable of supervising the kids getting dressed and out the door or even walking them to the bus stop at this point.

1 hour ago, anyasmom said:

I would imagine Michelle is probably more interested in the new baby than the older boys.  I picture her mostly sitting and holding Frederick and expecting Jill to get the boys ready for school.  She never took much interest in her own kids after they were a few months old, so why would grandkids be any different?

By the same token, Michelle hasn't cooked or cleaned in her own home for years, I doubt she's doing it at Jill's, either.  She probably just sits there holding the baby, reminiscing about her own fecundity.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
44 minutes ago, Notabug said:

By the same token, Michelle hasn't cooked or cleaned in her own home for years, I doubt she's doing it at Jill's, either.  She probably just sits there holding the baby, reminiscing about her own fecundity.

I can already see it. 

• Like 4
22 hours ago, auntieminem said:

Dillards still keeping a lower profile. Jill posted a picture on IG of Derick with Freddy but it is a month old. https://www.instagram.com/p/CiK-VZsArKf/

Glad they are keeping it low key but would like to know how the boys are doing in new school. Also would be fun to see pictures  of  Michelle helping out when Jill had her surgery. I am sure JB would not "allow it". 

Looks like a genuine smile from Derick.  He seems to have “grown into” parenting, and enjoys his kids.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

Israel looks like he's ready for an adult-size picnic table.  He's too tall for the kiddie one.

The middle and high school basketball coaches are going to keep their eyes on Israel.  I would love for him to get a full basketball scholarship to a great university.

• Like 3
  • Love 9

Jill can't help herself. She has figured out the more mainstream she is, the more love and support she gets from former haters. The problem is, she seems to use her kids to paint this picture.

Now she is presenting her kids as being exposed to all kinds of music and requesting hip hop. Are we supposed to believe on other days they request rap, the blues or rock and roll?

I don't believe Jill knows she's exploiting her kids, but as I asked in the Vuolo thread, why is Jill still on public SM?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Oh my, a poor night's sleep, poking on Primetimer and I had a Dillard dream. The long and short of it was the Dillards giving me a ride home from an event. Jill got dropped off because she was angry with Derick. Derick was on and off the phone basically telling anyone who would listen that he's busy, he's a lawyer. We had to go back and pick up (pregnant) Jill. Half way home we stopped on the side of the road and lo and behold, Michelle and Cathy were there to depart their wisdom - season of life, lawyer, walk through, blah, blah, blah. When we were about a half hour from my home, I asked if they would stop for coffee, with a plan to use the bathroom and make a run for it. But, nope we stopped at a diner with only one entrance/exit. It was then I woke up - thank goodness. 🤣🤪😴🥴🤣

I really hope Jill is adjusting well to all the changes and I want to thank her for the ride.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 19
9 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

The middle and high school basketball coaches are going to keep their eyes on Israel.  I would love for him to get a full basketball scholarship to a great university.

So true BUT I just hope Israel enjoys basketball.  It's actually quite a miserbale existence being tall and being told your main worth is playing a sport when you DON't enjoy sports at all.  He seems fairly athletic so far, so I doubt he'll have this problem.  

• Love 12
15 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

8eql6tjmbvm91.jpg

Looks like a nice sized yard with plenty of room for the boys to play. I know it stays warm in AR for quite a while, but growing up I always enjoyed those early days of fall before the weather turned and we would eat outside after school. 

• Like 3
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill can't help herself. She has figured out the more mainstream she is, the more love and support she gets from former haters. The problem is, she seems to use her kids to paint this picture.

Now she is presenting her kids as being exposed to all kinds of music and requesting hip hop. Are we supposed to believe on other days they request rap, the blues or rock and roll?

I don't believe Jill knows she's exploiting her kids, but as I asked in the Vuolo thread, why is Jill still on public SM?

That kids that age would request a genre instead of specific songs doesn't pass the smell test. 

• Like 7
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, lascuba said:

That kids that age would request a genre instead of specific songs doesn't pass the smell test. 

Yep. My kids were exposed to all kinds of music and even knew many of the bands/singers' names, but other than opera it was all just music at that age. They thought of Raffi the same as Carole King and the Sesame Street song the same as Footloose.

Its Jill who thinks she's cool for listening to hip hop.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, SMama said:

TBF, Derick just started a new job after not working full time for over three years. Also the RMH provides lodging for the parents, something not available through medical insurance. I don’t begrudge them utilizing available resources. I wonder if Cathy stayed with the kids during that time.

Benefits for Federal  State Employees kick in at MINIMUM 60 days after employment begins.  He's been employed over 2 months. 

A couple of overnights, and they can't afford a single hotel room?  Grift & Greed.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

Benefits for Federal Employees kick in at MINIMUM 60 days after employment begins.  He's been employed over 2 months. 

A couple of overnights, and they can't afford a single hotel room?  Grift & Greed.  

Isn't he a state employee? Of Oklahoma?

If someone says we have this service available most people would take it, especially worried parents.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/derick-dillard-4b347031

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Isn't he a state employee? Of Oklahoma?

If someone says we have this service available most people would take it, especially worried parents.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/derick-dillard-4b347031

OMG, he HAS &^%$#$@#@% benefits 4 months in. 

*LOL*

https://www.ok.gov/health2/documents/StateEmployeeBenefitsHighlights.pdf

And yeah, take those freebies where you can, Dillards.  

Edited by SnapHappy