Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

Her husband is a LAWYER and they used Ronald MacDonald House CHARITIES?  

Seriously?   The GRIFT just never ends with these people. 

Where's Derrick's insurance?

Insurance doesn’t pay for temporary housing/motels if needed. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
45 minutes ago, Notabug said:

There is also the fact that Ronald McDonald House is usually located on the hospital campus, sometimes even in the hospital building itself.  For a new mom, who just had a cesarean and is perhaps nursing her child, being close to that baby is an absolute necessity.  RMcD House where I work has rooms right next to the NICU for parents that include electric breast pumps and containers to store breast milk as well as a small refrigerator for the milk.  The mother is just steps away from the NICU itself, so she can walk down to nurse anytime, and can easily transport her pumped milk to the NICU to use in a feeding tube for her child which I believe Freddy had.

Ronald McDonald House provides amazing services to parents of sick children and I would imagine that Jill was invited to stay there specifically to be available to feed her son.  There are reasons other than financial that a parent might need to stay as close as possible to their child and RMcH does not discriminate against people just because they could afford to be staying several miles away at the Holiday Inn.  If the House was full, then Jill wouldn't have been able to stay.

Thanks for info.  I begrudge them a lot of things, most especially their odious beliefs, but, not this.  I guess I would hope for them to make a donation to RMH but maybe that is asking too much of them.

• Like 7
  • Love 9

I understand wanting to wear Freddy as much as possible. We were baby/toddler wearers. But I draw the line at wearing a child while cooking. Especially when Sam was roaming around. So much can go wrong so quickly. 

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, SMama said:

I understand wanting to wear Freddy as much as possible. We were baby/toddler wearers. But I draw the line at wearing a child while cooking. Especially when Sam was roaming around. So much can go wrong so quickly. 

I'm wondering if they held Sam back a year? It didn't seem like Izzy was there. My kinders are in school until 2, and the older kids get out at 3. Many kinder parents have their kid in extended care for the hour so they can pick up their kids at one time. 

I guess I could ask! She's answered me before. 

• Useful 2

In her post about NICU and RMH she posted about Derick and her mama being there. 

So thankful my mama and hubby were there to help take shifts too and keep me fed and water bottle filled. It was just hard trying to strike the balance between keeping myself hydrated and all for my milk supply without having to pee every little while while recovering and wanting to sit there forever holding him! lol

Even though Michelle mostly failed her kids, I am glad she was there for Jill as it seems to have meant a lot to Jill.  Wonder what JB thought about this? 

• Like 3
  • Love 7

It’s good to see Jill back to some of the things she enjoys. She had a story about starting a garden, slowly but after a C-section and surgery quite an accomplishment. Hopefully she’ll post about Izzy’s and Sam’s adjustment to school and new neighborhood. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

🤰🏽The phrase that never goes away - big pregnant.🤣

Jill is planting berries now because this summer she was "big pregnant and all".

Big pregnant but still joyfully available. 🙄

• LOL 10
3 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Lots of questions in the comments about homeschooling. No response that I saw from Jill. 

I saw, I wish she would respond.  I really cannot see Derick going along with homeschooling.  I would think after seeing how much Israel loved public school and how well he did either of them would want to homeschool.  She said it was the 3rd grade doing the mock trial so I hope that means they are going to public school.

4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm sure she posted simultaneously. She probably got more grilling on IG, hence the deletion.

I thought maybe it was a video reel on IG and a still on FB. I wasn't sure if you could block out all those random faces on a video.

7 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

So now Jill and Derrick are hiding the boy’s faces in pics?  And Israel is no longer attending school?

TBH it’s better to keep the boys’ faces hidden given Derick’s job. Right now he is prosecuting small potatoes cases, but it’s good practice for when he starts prosecuting the uglier cases. I was only a lowly CPS SW and forensic interviewer, and I was, still am, very mindful of keeping my kids off the Internet. 

Jill avoiding the school subject doesn’t bode well. Why would they choose to hold those kids back?

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 12

Jill would do better to change the flavor of her IG. Stop with the kid focused posts. Its just silly to include the boys, but hide their faces or cut off their heads. Jill could have showed her purchases laid out on a bed. No need to have headless kids modelling them.

Its just as silly as when Jinger tried to shill kid's dresses but posted a pic of the backs of her girls sitting down in the grass.

• Like 5
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill would do better to change the flavor of her IG. Stop with the kid focused posts. Its just silly to include the boys, but hide their faces or cut off their heads. Jill could have showed her purchases laid out on a bed. No need to have headless kids modelling them.

Its just as silly as when Jinger tried to shill kid's dresses but posted a pic of the backs of her girls sitting down in the grass.

Exactly.  I have no problem not showing children but trying to appease people who think they should be seeing them just doesn't work.  I find the ways they avoid showing faces more annoying than charming.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree.  If you don’t want people to know what your kid looks like, keep them off of social media completely.  I also agree that the boys should have their identities  hidden now that Derrick is a lawyer.  You can’t be too careful nowadays.  There’s a lot of evil out there.

• Like 3
  • Love 7

I sure hope these kids are attending real school. Izzy seemed to love school. And it would help them to make friends in their new neighborhood. I hope Jill isn't doing "homeschool" because it's easier with a newborn to stay home. I know from experience that it's tough, but it's not forever. If she really needed to, she could find someone to drive them during Freddy's early days. It's hard to interrupt naps, especially when you're adjusting to breastfeeding, but it's better for the older boys to go to school, imo. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8

All it takes is a search and the boy’s pictures are readily available. They also didn’t remove older ones from their own social media. Their blog has current pictures from when Jill had the baby, no hidden faces there. Their address is readily available, and their post office box has been public knowledge for quite some time, old house, and new. It’s something that just can’t be undone.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SMama said:

TBH it’s better to keep the boys’ faces hidden given Derick’s job. Right now he is prosecuting small potatoes cases, but it’s good practice for when he starts prosecuting the uglier cases. I was only a lowly CPS SW and forensic interviewer, and I was, still am, very mindful of keeping my kids off the Internet. 

Jill avoiding the school subject doesn’t bode well. Why would they choose to hold those kids back?

Many new mothers would treasure being able to spend half the day alone with their baby, onlly having to deal with the baby's needs.  However, we know how clingy Jill is, could also be suffering from post-partum depression, and wants constant companionship even if it has a negative effect on her kids.  I hope the situation changes fairly soon..  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I sure hope these kids are attending real school. Izzy seemed to love school. And it would help them to make friends in their new neighborhood. I hope Jill isn't doing "homeschool" because it's easier with a newborn to stay home. I know from experience that it's tough, but it's not forever. If she really needed to, she could find someone to drive them during Freddy's early days. It's hard to interrupt naps, especially when you're adjusting to breastfeeding, but it's better for the older boys to go to school, imo. 

They could put Israel on the school bus, unless he doesn’t live in the same district as his school.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, SMama said:

I agree with you @SMama. Not lonely does Derick have a public facing job, he and Jill have been on reality tv and have "fans". For the boys safety and privacy keeping them off of social media is a good idea. 

16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yeah. I understand people want to share their life on social media, and their kids are a part of that life. But I also understand being concerned about the children's safety and privacy.

• Love 6

I wonder if Jill is posting a few days after the actual day the picture was taken? She could be posting stuff from the weekend during the week. 
I would really really hope she is not homeschooling with a newborn. I remember her posts of being exhausted doing preschool stuff with Izzy when Sam was a newborn. Plus, she(likeJoy)should not be doing any homeschooling, newborn or not. 

• Like 1
  • Love 9
21 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Just a thought--maybe the school asked them not to post.  School officials would know of Jill's family history and how she has a social media following.  Especially if it is private school. 

Most first day of school pics I see are taken at home.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Most first day of school pics I see are taken at home.

True.  But before she also posted pictures of the school and the name of the school.  Maybe it was easier just not to post. But maybe I am giving Jill too much credit for thinking things out.  (I am grasping at straws here.  I just really, really hope at least Izzy is back at school this year.  Deciding to wait a year for Kindergarten--I get that.  But I sure hope Izzy is getting the school experience that he appeared to like so much.)

• Like 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

Just a thought--maybe the school asked them not to post.  School officials would know of Jill's family history and how she has a social media following.  Especially if it is private school. 

It would be schools, plural, if they sent Sammy to Kinder this year. The Siloam Springs schools are grouped in two grade increments, starting with PK/K. 

• Love 3