Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, SMama said:

My bad, I don’t keep track of how often they post. 

No worries. I don't keep track either. I just thought it odd Jill said she wasn't posting much, so I took a quick glance at the others to get an idea of what "much" meant. And I still don't know, lol, now I just know she posts more than Jessa, about the same as Joy and less than Jinger.

I wonder if her comment about the 3 boys keeping her so busy means they're home during the day, or just busy in general.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe its me, but I just can imagine holding my camera phone an arms length away to take a posed picture like this. To me its just weird.

Same here but we didn’t grow up with cameras following us around, boom mikes above us, sitting down to record talking heads, set lighting and window covers. More important, we were not raised to believe we are a model of godly behavior that others must emulate. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

I didn't need to see the Let's Cuddle sign above the bed. We know, Jill. 

🤢

Did JillR decorate JillD's bedroom? 🤣 And I hope that candle, up against the wall, on a shelf hung by string, is fake.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, SMama said:

Same here but we didn’t grow up with cameras following us around, boom mikes above us, sitting down to record talking heads, set lighting and window covers. More important, we were not raised to believe we are a model of godly behavior that others must emulate. 

I don’t even think it’s that. I can’t tell you how completely normal this type of pose is for people her age to post. Religion really has nothing to do with it. I don’t get it but I’m a “geriatric millennial” but all my younger family…this is just what a lot of them do. 🤷‍♀️ At least she’s not doing duck lips too. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

🤢

Did JillR decorate JillD's bedroom? 🤣 And I hope that candle, up against the wall, on a shelf hung by string, is fake.

It's out of focus so I can't tell for sure but it looks a lot like the display she had in the bathroom of her other house where it was the dried bouquet and candle from her wedding hanging by the tub.  If so, the candle is real but for decorative purposes only.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Trillium said:

I don’t even think it’s that. I can’t tell you how completely normal this type of pose is for people her age to post. Religion really has nothing to do with it. I don’t get it but I’m a “geriatric millennial” but all my younger family…this is just what a lot of them do. 🤷‍♀️ At least she’s not doing duck lips too. 

Maybe its a regional thing? My FB feed is filled with posts/pics by parents Jill's age, and yes they do selfies with their kids, but nothing like the pose Jill did. Or if they do, they don't post them.

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe its me, but I just can imagine holding my camera phone an arms length away to take a posed picture like this. To me its just weird.

I would be afraid that little Freddie would jerk back suddenly and I'd drop him. My youngest & my grands did that every once in a while. 

• Like 2

Jill's last two IG stories were shilling kid stuff. Shilling swimming lessons and some reusable workbooks. Jessa and Joy have been shilling kid stuff and Jinger has 'written' a book. I guess its safe to say none of the married sisters are straying to far from their parents playbook. Although a wee bit of credit for Jinger who no longer involves her kids in it all. And I guess a wee bit of credit for Jill's (odd) attempt at allowing her kids some privacy.

• Like 3
On 11/14/2022 at 9:21 AM, GeeGolly said:

And I guess a wee bit of credit for Jill's (odd) attempt at allowing her kids some privacy.

Not really.  She revealed where the oldest went to school, lots of house & yard photos, practically did unpaid ads for their swim class location, photos with Deertick in his courthouse, photos with the new baby, the Pistol Pete thing a couple of weeks ago. 

She's always had them front & center, identifiable and without concern for their privacy.  Their images are for her commercial use only.  They have ZERO anonymity as Dillard children.  And her husband is enough of a sleaze to support that.

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Applause 2
17 minutes ago, SMama said:

So she’s back to homeschooling. 🤦🏽‍♀️

It looks that way. Poor Israel. I thought he really liked school. Since they're in a new place, that would have been a great way for him to make friends. I'm disappointed. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 13
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I don't think she homeschools. She never explicitly said that.

I hope I am right and they wouldn't let their son experience school and then take it away from him

I wouldn't put it past her, though.  Jill was raised by parents who never put their kids' needs first; I don't think it would occur to her to consider what Israel might like or what would be best for him.  She was brought into the cult at a young age and brainwashed into believing that homeschool was the only way.  Derick just started a new job with long hours; he probably isn't as available to help the kids get ready for school, pack lunches or monitor homework these days.  If left up to Jill, I could see her backsliding and deciding to keep the kids home if only so she wouldn't be alone with the baby all day.

I think the fact that school has now been in session for almost 3 months and she hasn't posted a single word about the kids going to school or shown a picture of them doing homework or waiting for the bus is a pretty good indication that none of that is happening these days.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 3
  • Sad 22

Well in one story she said the notebooks are a great for help with homework, so maybe there is a tiny hope real school is still in the picture.

New post says she likes cozy mornings, so does Freddy. Boys could be at school then

Or maybe I'm trying to see some meaning where there is none

Edited by Snow Fairy
  • Sad 6
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Until Jill states whether her kids are homeschooled or not we don’t know.

But I think she is homeschooling and Derek is obviously happy with that.

Happy or resigned?

• Like 2

Jill has done the reusable workbook shill twice so far. She seems to start out winging it and then appears to makes some points that are off a script, so I wouldn't put too much weight into what she's saying.

I think by now the boys would have had some type of event or award to celebrate. 100 days of school, meeting a learning or reading goal, character day, spirit week, etc. The boys were part of the expecting/birth announcements, Derick's swearing in and Pistol Pete Day, so it seems me Jill would share school celebrations, even if it was just to show the award, certificate, crazy socks, etc.

Although lately Jill has only (half) shown the boys for shilling.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Nice catch.

Maybe Joe has new skills

I think all the older Duggar kids tried their hand at various construction tasks. I remember from one of the specials that all kids 8 and older had their own drill to work on the TTH. It wouldn’t surprise me if Joe is handy with basic construction or at least home improvements. 

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

It seems as if Jill and Joy (and Carlin) are all getting money to shill popular homeschooling products. Money talks.

I’m hoping she’s just shilling the products as a well known homeschooled person/homeschooler, and is not actually homeschooling the boys. Hoping!  School seems like a good way to get involved in the new community and make friends. 

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She has him working on kinder level workbooks. She doesn't even seem to know where he is academically. 

She has zero experience with knowing where he is academically. She has no school experience herself and MEchelle never cared, so long as the evils of debt was taught and people learned to say per-pen-dic-u-lar.

• Sad 9

Beyond her not posting pics of them in school, the fact she refused to answer questions in comments about school on previous posts also indicates to me that she's homeschooling again. If they were in public school, she could have easily said they were still doing that without saying what school they were attending. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 7

Did she delete the post, or was it a story posted yesterday? I don't see it in her feed. 

eta I looked at the post again (from this thread). I guess that could be Sam if he leaned out and his hair got a lot darker? I remember him as a towhead, or close enough. And if that is Sam, she's definitely homeschooling. Kinders don't have homework like that. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Sad 1
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

Hopefully, Izzy was working on more complex subtraction. 

I can't remember other than one was math and one was letters.

Jill received a lot of positive feedback when Izzy was in school so I'm inclined to think they're at home. I'm guessing she's being quiet about it because of the negative comments she would get.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

My guess is that Jill couldn't cope being home alone with the newborn baby and a new town, so she kept the boys at home with her. That, plus she's getting money to shill homeschooling products. It totally sucks because Izzy and Sam deserve so much better. Both seem like bright, inquisitive kids.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5