Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Part of blog post:

It’s finally official!

After passing the bar and becoming a licensed attorney in Arkansas earlier this year, Derick immediately started the process to transfer his score and get licensed for his new job in Oklahoma.

We are pleased to announce that everything has finally processed and it’s official now…Derick is a licensed attorney in both Arkansas and Oklahoma!

3EA2A568-2235-462B-ADD4-20E936D6D3EE.jpeg

3ADC0132-2DBF-40E6-A2DA-CD99CB63F29F.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'm going to go with Jill picked her battles and decided the boys were just fine in clean clothes.  Some days that is all you can accomplish when you have a newborn.  

I doubt she only had a moments notice. And anyway, wouldn't their dressier clothes be clean and hanging in the closet?

• Love 5
On 9/28/2022 at 6:48 PM, ginger90 said:

5273D103-C93C-4CA3-BCD0-D988FFACCB8B.jpeg

Am I dreaming or is this child sitting on a counter top next to a stove where a pan is on the burner and presumably hot?  Wearing a loose fitting tee shirt no less?  And stirring something in the pan?

As far as letting kids sit or put their feet on counters, it isn't my preference, but I'm never eating in Jill's kitchen anyway.  To each his own.  Allowing a kid to sit next to a hot stove while wearing a loose fitting outfit that could easily catch fire?  That's just ignorant.  

If Sam is too young to cook at the stove, and I think he is, he's got no business being anywhere near it when cooking is happening.

I also agree that Jill and Derrick could've put some nicer shirts on the boys, especially since they wanted to take pictures.  And I, too, do not understand Jill's reasoning on whether or not she shows the kids' faces.  It only works if she is consistent.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I doubt she only had a moments notice. And anyway, wouldn't their dressier clothes be clean and hanging in the closet?

I agree.

She wouldn't take them to church like that, and she knew enough to dress up herself.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I wear dresses weekly, and I find them to be the easiest thing to wear especially a printed one.  If I had only 5 minutes to get myself presentable for anything out of the house, I'm gonna be in a dress.  Put your undergarments on, swipe on some deodorant and thrown on a dress. boom done.  Putting in my contacts and brushing my teeth takes longer.  

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Looks like he's wearing the same wretched brown shoes which don't go with a black suit.  Can't they afford a pair of shoes?

Edited by Suzn
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Part of blog post:

It’s finally official!

After passing the bar and becoming a licensed attorney in Arkansas earlier this year, Derick immediately started the process to transfer his score and get licensed for his new job in Oklahoma.

We are pleased to announce that everything has finally processed and it’s official now…Derick is a licensed attorney in both Arkansas and Oklahoma!

Nice job in the first pic having the star fit around Derick's head for that Statue of Liberty look!

• LOL 4
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Pistol Pete salute? In the courthouse?

I mean, it’s a courthouse in Oklahoma. They take their football ridiculously seriously there. I doubt anyone in the courthouse was offended.

• Like 16
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Pistol Pete salute? In the courthouse?

I typically try to respect harmless cultural practices that make no sense to me (e.g. feeding guests at a wedding nothing but cake and punch), but sorry (not sorry), the obsession with fucking mascots will always get nothing but disdain from me.

• Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 2
51 minutes ago, Vandy10 said:

I mean, it’s a courthouse in Oklahoma. They take their football ridiculously seriously there. I doubt anyone in the courthouse was offended.

But why? Why would he and the boys do it then? Is it a thing Oklahomans do at special events? Or is it a Derick thing, because he was Pistol Pete?

26 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I typically try to respect harmless cultural practices that make no sense to me (e.g. feeding guests at a wedding nothing but cake and punch), but sorry (not sorry), the obsession with fucking mascots will always get nothing but disdain from me.

Both sports and religion make me feel this way . . . 

• Applause 2
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

But why? Why would he and the boys do it then? Is it a thing Oklahomans do at special events? Or is it a Derick thing, because he was Pistol Pete?

It very well may be a Oklahoma State thing like how grads of the superior OSU will pose for pictures like this--

image.thumb.png.facd8dbcc857ddcf7897b2e3825267d8.png

and the students at my alma mater make an E when posing for pictures.  though that "tradition" started after I graduated.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

It very well may be a Oklahoma State thing like how grads of the superior OSU will pose for pictures like this--

and the students at my alma mater make an E when posing for pictures.  though that "tradition" started after I graduated.

This pic makes sense to me if its 3 students on a trip together. What wouldn't make sense is if one of these three yells, Go Buckeyes!, at every major event in their lives as an adult.

I get Derick is proud of his time as Pistol Pete, (well no actually I don't get it), but why do it then? He didn't even get his law degree from there.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I might have a similar photograph taken of myself and several others while visiting Macchu Pichu.  It's a thing.  The Cleveland Guardians baseball team plays 'Hang on Sloopy', a song played by the OSU Marching Band at games, between innings and everyone does the O-H-I-O at the appropriate points.

Doing the Pistol Pete salute thing is one of the more normal behaviors I've seen from him.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/3/2022 at 9:44 AM, ginger90 said:

Part of blog post:

It’s finally official!

Former hairdresser BEC moment.  WHY would you lighten your hair so much if you have no intention of keeping the roots up?  Had to get that out.  HA!

They all look happy.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

Former hairdresser BEC moment.  WHY would you lighten your hair so much if you have no intention of keeping the roots up?  Had to get that out.  HA!

They all look happy.  

To match her dress, silly. 

I do agree, and wonder why Jill who is so low maintenance dyes her hair that many levels lighter.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

They all look happy.  

I know that the dark roots are in, but she's grown hers out past what's fashionable. It just looks sloppy now.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 10/3/2022 at 11:41 AM, Notabug said:

Am I dreaming or is this child sitting on a counter top next to a stove where a pan is on the burner and presumably hot?  Wearing a loose fitting tee shirt no less?  And stirring something in the pan?

As far as letting kids sit or put their feet on counters, it isn't my preference, but I'm never eating in Jill's kitchen anyway.  To each his own.  Allowing a kid to sit next to a hot stove while wearing a loose fitting outfit that could easily catch fire?  That's just ignorant.  

If Sam is too young to cook at the stove, and I think he is, he's got no business being anywhere near it when cooking is happening.

I also agree that Jill and Derrick could've put some nicer shirts on the boys, especially since they wanted to take pictures.  And I, too, do not understand Jill's reasoning on whether or not she shows the kids' faces.  It only works if she is consistent.

Jill is clearly right there with him because she took the photo, and probably had him turn his head and sit still while she took it. If he is routinely left alone in the kitchen and allowed to cook then that might be a problem. As far as I can tell here, he's got his mom right by him and he's having fun helping with breakfast. I just don't see any danger.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Maybe he did at his AR swearing in! He can pull school chants and signage out of his ass! 😀

It's best done in a group. Doing it by yourself looks positively demented. 😂

• LOL 9
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I can’t say for sure. I think it’s a good sign for my mental health that I literally can’t comprehend what goes on in these people’s minds. 

But, if I have to guess, I’d say it’s a regional thing. Like the Ohio people above, it just becomes a normal thing for some schools/areas. Like all my TX friends who constantly pose while doing the hook-‘em-longhorns thing.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

That basket of underwear is above what looks to be Derick's work shirts. Its probably Derick's underwear. The label is not a typo on a post they likely don't look at again, its a label they both must see every single morning.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Just catching up here. Ozziedad was a career prosecutor until he retired. We ended up moving away from the town we grew up in once he was transferred there. It was very uncomfortable seeing the people from your kid’s school, sports team, etc in court on a regular basis. Also a bit scary for me when the grocery store cashier took my check, examined my name, address and phone number while asking if I was married to that guy at the courthouse. So I hope Jill and Dreck are a bit cautious about that side of things.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 14
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

That basket of underwear is above what looks to be Derick's work shirts. Its probably Derick's underwear. The label is not a typo on a post they likely don't look at again, its a label they both must see every single morning.

Derick obviously has a lot more restraint than I do. 😳

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, realityfan26 said:

The spelling is bad enough, but the shirts being hung different ways would drive me crazy.

I wouldn't notice that, but the misspelling would drive me batshit crazy. I have committed acts of grammatically motivated vandalism in the past (usually to put misused apostrophes out of their misery) and that label is just crying out for a stealth mission. LOL 

• Fire 2
  • LOL 13
  • Love 7
Just now, Zella said:

I wouldn't notice that, but the misspelling would drive me batshit crazy. I have committed acts of grammatically motivated vandalism in the past (usually to put misused apostrophes out of their misery) and that label is just crying out for a stealth mission. LOL 

Same. I’m at Walgreens right now - I just got my flu shot. There’s a sign in the front window that says “free cold and flu shots.” There is no such thing as a a vaccination for a cold! The pharmacist just shrugged it off when I mentioned it 🤣. Also, they’re only “free” if you have insurance that covers them at Walgreens . . .

• Like 4
  • LOL 4