Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

I have no idea, but maybe because of Derick’s job she doesn’t want random people on the internet to know where or even if her boys go to school. Maybe she is becoming a bit more cautious?

Maybe she’s beginning to develop some common sense about social media usage?  I’m not very confident. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure Jill's two latest shills are actually homeschool products. One seems more of a toy to me and the workbooks seem like supplemental learning rather than actual lessons.

I do think Jill is attempting to give her kids more SM privacy, yet she's featuring them, or at least their backs, when shilling. And then of course the handful of family pictures over the last few months. I guess she hasn't figured it out yet. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I think it's probable that they're in school and she's taking pictures with the workbooks because she wants to shill workbooks. It's all part of the "they suck as 'influencers'" theme.

There is no context here. They're not part of a narrative about Jill homeschooling. They're not presented as being an enrichment activity to their public school work. They're just a couple of photos of some kids with workbooks with a caption "love these workbooks!" and dropped into her feed.

I'm sure that she's under a lot of pressure to homeschool them from her family, and maybe she is, but I think these photos are about shilling workbooks, full stop.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

I really hope that Izzy (and Sam) are in school, but I think with the move, Jill probably felt like she couldn't be alone with Freddy, so she and Derick decided to homeschool.  I know Izzy seemed to love going to school and I would think Sam would want to go to after seeing how happy Izzy was.  I just hope Derick realizes that with Jill homeschooling, more likely than not, he can give up the idea of any of  his sons becoming Pistol Pete.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

There are about 1.3 MILLION attorneys in the US, and I imagine a very large percentage have children.

If they all hid from social media so the "bad people" didn't know anything about them, none would have any presence anywhere.  And that's laughable. 

Dorkweed is a Z-list entity, and I guarantee the check bouncers, petty thieves and bar brawlers he prosecutes don't give a happy crap about him or his family.  He's a cheap suit that's going to continue their probation, or maybe give them a couple of more weeks in the pokey.  No big deal.

Dullard isn't prosecuting Mob bosses, drug kingpins or celebrities.  Nobody in Ass-End Oklahoma would bother with him, as he & his family are essentially nobodies. 

And random people on the Internet have known everything about Jill's family since she learned to use social media.  She's always put it all out there. 

A little Kama Sutra, anybody?

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4

Seems like it would make lots of sense for Jill to out the older boys in school and spend that time meeting other moms with babies? She could still do her crunchy mama attachment parenting AND start making some new friends.🤷‍♀️

• Like 5
Just now, LilJen said:

Seems like it would make lots of sense for Jill to out the older boys in school and spend that time meeting other moms with babies? She could still do her crunchy mama attachment parenting AND start making some new friends.🤷‍♀️

Has she said they aren’t in school?

2 minutes ago, LilJen said:

She could still do her crunchy mama attachment parenting

Pardon?

• Like 1

Regarding school, there were no pictures. Not even of backpacks. I would think she would have made a big deal of Sam going to kindergarten. But nada. Crickets. 

That's why I think she's homeschooling without her telling us she's homeschooling.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 7
  • Sad 11
  • Love 2

I think she’s homeschooling too. Probably just an hour or so a day. Dreck might have thought adjusting to new baby, new home, new area as well as him being gone at least 8 hours a day was too much for Jill. Hopefully next fall the two boys will be at public school. Otherwise no chance of third generation Pistol Pete.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I think she’s homeschooling too. Probably just an hour or so a day. Dreck might have thought adjusting to new baby, new home, new area as well as him being gone at least 8 hours a day was too much for Jill. Hopefully next fall the two boys will be at public school. Otherwise no chance of third generation Pistol Pete.

They can wait and put them in public high school and still have a chance at a 3Pete.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I had faith that Jill was doing things opposite of her parents... Now I don't know. Why did they take Izzy out of public school? He seemed to be thriving. 

It’s not known as fact, either way.

• Like 7
36 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I had faith that Jill was doing things opposite of her parents... Now I don't know. Why did they take Izzy out of public school? He seemed to be thriving. 

I don't know if Izzy is or is not in public school, but I do feel like on some level Jill has found her way back to be more like her parents. I'm not sure exactly why, but I have a theory, and I think it has to do with the miscarriage of River. At one time or another Boob and Michelle were more "normal" and then when she miscarried Caleb, they went down this path. The miscarriage of River probably brought Jill back to similar Duggar thinking.

I know that several other Duggar daughters miscarried, but Jill was the only one on birth control at one point.

• Sad 5

A couple things. Jill was never on hormonal BC like Meech. And I believe they were actively trying for a baby after Derick graduated from law school. She got pregnant with "River" almost immediately. Then, she got pregnant with Freddy a month or two after the miscarriage. This baby was totally planned. 

• Like 7
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

They can wait and put them in public high school and still have a chance at a 3Pete.

Haha I’m sure Jill will be able to teach middle school math just fine and the boys will learn about the people riding dinosaurs and of course, medical thingys.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Fire 3
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

Jill posts so rarely now that we can't know how her everyday life looks like

agree. Like I keep saying, we always see snippets and unless they all wear a "go-pro" we can only speculate about the rest of the 23.5 hours.  Based on their past performance, some speculation is easy, but the rest is a fun guessing game.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I checked out the stuff she's plugging. It's not bad. 

Hallmark store near me has this stuff too, and some of it is quite nice. Not my style but it does seem to be Jill’s. She still has too much hair though.

• Like 2

Wow, so nice of Jill to post pics & brag about all the free stuff she gets for doing almost absolutely nothing.  I'm sure the borderline poverty fans she has loves seeing the swag. 

But she certainly can't be shamed about accepting free stuff the way Jinger & Jeremy are,  Because.....um.....uh......oh right, it's JILL.  For some reason, she gets a free pass.  

Grift is grift.  And those "hippie" items look ridiculous. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Wow, so nice of Jill to post pics & brag about all the free stuff she gets for doing almost absolutely nothing.  I'm sure the borderline poverty fans she has loves seeing the swag. 

But she certainly can't be shamed about accepting free stuff the way Jinger & Jeremy are,  Because.....um.....uh......oh right, it's JILL.  For some reason, she gets a free pass.  

My guess is that this is doing influencer type work. She's not posting this stuff just for the sake of posting it or "bragging." She's posting it as part of her partnership with this company. If she, as someone with a lot of IG followers, talks about how great these products are then that will transfer into some sales for this company (or so that company hopes). It would be like if she did an advertisement on TV, but the difference is that she is doing this through her social media. 

Now, whether any of the Duggars are effective influencers is debatable. I don't think any of them are that good. Jill has the bubbliest personality so she has potential to reach those peripheral routes to persuasion (much more than Jessa for sure) but it could probably still use some fine-tuning.

I will say (and this is more in general and more reflecting my middle age) that I think reels and IG stories are highly overrated as they move too quickly and then they are gone. Plus it's really annoying when reels loop and start over. If you're going to advertise on IG, do it the "old-fashioned" way and use photos or videos so that the viewer can control how long they can look at the stuff.

• Like 11
  • Love 6

I actually think Joy is the best influencer of the sisters - I know, crazy, huh?!

IMO, Jill and Jinger tie, depending on what one likes. Off the cuff, down homey influencing or more of a curated influencing.

Jessa just sucks.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, leighdear said:

It's common to give ppl with lots of followers money for shilling products. Jigger, Joy and Jessa all do it. At least Jill is shilling useful stuff as opposed to Jessa shilling that Christian medical bill share plan.

• Like 12
  • Love 4
On 12/3/2022 at 1:22 PM, leighdear said:

There is NOTHING "crunchy mama" about Jill.  

https://crunchymoms.com/what-is-a-crunchy-mom/

She's a lazy mama.  She's an ignorant mama.  She's a fundamental, judgmental and needy mama. 

She's still a Gothard mama, through and through. 

She had a hippie crunchy mama image/look cooking there for a while with the nose ring, clothes (eg, head wraps, tie dyes, long skirts & Birkenstock sandals), baby wearing, Nepali food, doing therapy. Image. Not reality.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, ChristmasCandy said:

Just my opinion for what it's worth but I think it's Derrick's idea for the kids being homeschooled that way Jill is occupied all day and not hanging around the law office.

There’s no way Jill will be hanging around a state government office. Walmart yes, DA’s office no. Derick is also invested in Pistol Pete legacy so I hold hope that means the kids will eventually return (Izzy) and go (Sam) to public school. 

• Like 1
  • Love 11
40 minutes ago, ChristmasCandy said:

Just my opinion for what it's worth but I think it's Derrick's idea for the kids being homeschooled that way Jill is occupied all day and not hanging around the law office.

I was thinking along the same way. New baby, new house, new town and Dreck gone probably at least 8-5 every day was too much change for Jill. Hopefully by next fall she will be more settled and the boys will be at public school. Are there any Christian schools in the area? That might be an option too.

36 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I was thinking along the same way. New baby, new house, new town and Dreck gone probably at least 8-5 every day was too much change for Jill. Hopefully by next fall she will be more settled and the boys will be at public school. Are there any Christian schools in the area? That might be an option too.

I think their new school district’s structure was a shock to the system. Someone here looked it up and IIRC Izzy and Sam would be attending different schools which is crazy. 

• Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

So have they confirmed they are homeschooling, or not?

They've said nothing either way. What is a tell for me was there was no post recognizing Sam's first day of school. Not even him standing away from camera with a backpack. Nothing. Nada. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Love 2

I'm down the middle, but I lean toward the boys being homeschooled. I can't think of one legit reason to keep the boys home though. Mommy stressors don't cut it in my book. Being parents is all about sacrifices. Jill is the mom, she needs to make it work, not the kids.

• Love 12