Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

My car most days can be a hot mess between my dog hair and kiddo but OMG ! Just disgusting. I usually make a point to clean it out once it starts looking like a hoarding situation because if I ever had to unexpectedly give someone a ride I would die of embarrassment. 

This is where Jill loses me. A lot of us are guilty of having a mess from time to time, but we have the good sense to keep the mess to ourselves. Not showcase it to millions. And it wasn't even an extra cute picture of the boys. Pick a different one!!  One where you aren't showing the world how disgusting your car is. 

One silver lining is that Sam is still rear facing- good !!! Maybe that is why she posted it? To show she follows car seat safet? at least crop the grossness out, FFS

• Love 11

She posted a video of Israel cleaning out the car, as Samuel sat there, strapped in. It looks like they were in a parking lot. The bag on the car seat is the first one Israel filled with trash.

• Love 1

Some people just have a really high tolerance for mess or even filth. I don’t, but I guess it’s a spectrum. If Jill and Derrick both don’t mind it, good for them because it’s one less source of tension in a marriage, but God bless any kids they have that like to keep things neat. It would be tough to be outnumbered by Pigpens. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Some people just have a really high tolerance for mess or even filth. I don’t, but I guess it’s a spectrum. If Jill and Derrick both don’t mind it, good for them because it’s one less source of tension in a marriage, but God bless any kids they have that like to keep things neat. It would be tough to be outnumbered by Pigpens. 

That would be my sister! Her apartment was always FILTHY, bordering on a hoarding situation. She just moved into a house, and I hope to God she can keep it clean. I just don't get that! How can you live with that level of filth and clutter constantly? I also wonder how it affects her dating life, because she will have to find another person with zero cleanliness standards to accept that. Even guys who don't believe in traditional gender roles will certainly balk at a woman who lives in filth!

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I think Jilly means "Thanks for the free clothes, Amy".

So, these must be the women Jill has her 'how to be a doormat wife' and sex talks with.

Screenshot_20190607-184326_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.ed26c521cfd539d22c93a0d6e6428621.jpg

I like that her group seems to include interracial families.

Other than that Jill has Sam blocking her stomach, and I still think she's pregnant. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

That would be my sister! Her apartment was always FILTHY, bordering on a hoarding situation. She just moved into a house, and I hope to God she can keep it clean. I just don't get that! How can you live with that level of filth and clutter constantly? I also wonder how it affects her dating life, because she will have to find another person with zero cleanliness standards to accept that. Even guys who don't believe in traditional gender roles will certainly balk at a woman who lives in filth!

I don’t get it, either! Maybe some people just don’t see it? In Jill’s case, she did grow up in a house that was far from spotless, but considering how many kids were in the TTH at the time, it never looked that bad to me. It seems like Jinger keeps a very tidy house and Jessa’s is hit-or-miss (dirty diapers piled on furniture being a low point), and you and your sister clearly have different “styles,” so I guess it’s just an individual thing. But I still cannot relate AT ALL. When people say “I don’t want my house to look like it’s in a magazine. I want it to look LIVED IN,” I’m like, why? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I like that her group seems to include interracial families.

Other than that Jill has Sam blocking her stomach, and I still think she's pregnant. 

I was going to say, that actually looks like a cute, fun group of mom-friends. They seem....normal.

• Love 9
On 6/4/2019 at 6:42 PM, Caracoa1 said:

Has Jill ever had an orgasm?

I'll eat my shoe if she has. It's a Nike so it's fitting.

On 6/4/2019 at 10:59 PM, Temperance said:

One of the books Jill recommends is His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair Proof Marriage by Willard F. Harley. Based on the reviews, he spends more time on "affair proofing" and his needs. He tells you to have sex 3-4 times a week. He tells her to make sure you look sexy./beautiful/attractive for your husband. If you don't fulfill your husband's needs, an affair will occur. 

Here are the needs according to gender:

"A Wife’s Top Five Needs
o Affection
o Intimate Conversation
o Honesty and Openness
o Financial Support
o Family Commitment

A Husband’s Top Five Needs
o Sexual Fulfillment
o Recreational Companionship
o Physical Attractiveness
o Domestic Support
o Admiration"

Sound familar? It fits the Duggars worldview too much so JB and Michelle probably read it too. 

Hey look, a list of all the things Anna did wrong! (in their warped world vision)

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That car is filthy.  What does Jill actually do all day?  

rubs lotion on herself .  while  anticipating her 4 time a week  love session with derrick honey boo bear

Edited by amitville
  • LOL 14
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I don’t get it, either! Maybe some people just don’t see it? In Jill’s case, she did grow up in a house that was far from spotless, but considering how many kids were in the TTH at the time, it never looked that bad to me. It seems like Jinger keeps a very tidy house and Jessa’s is hit-or-miss (dirty diapers piled on furniture being a low point), and you and your sister clearly have different “styles,” so I guess it’s just an individual thing. But I still cannot relate AT ALL. When people say “I don’t want my house to look like it’s in a magazine. I want it to look LIVED IN,” I’m like, why? 

OMG. ME TOO. I can't stand when people try to judge me for being clean, like having filth somewhere is some kind of good character trait!!! Some people even say having a clean home is snobby! I will gladly be a snob, then. I wonder if people who want a "lived in" home had an overly meticulous parent growing up. I had this crazy roommate in college who freaked out over a clean-ish knife in the sink, or a speck of mascara on the counter. Maybe messy people had a parent like her. It makes no sense!!! Plus, i keep my house clean, and STILL feel stress about getting it clean enough when company (for a big gathering) comes over. You have to do all your usual chores, but all at once, and also cook / bake / whatever...as well as things, like baseboards or whatever, that you often let slide. I can't imagine how long it would take to clean a filthy place for a big event!

But yeah, the TTH wasn't bad, considering how many people lived there. Why is Jill okay with such a mess?

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

OMG. ME TOO. I can't stand when people try to judge me for being clean, like having filth somewhere is some kind of good character trait!!! Some people even say having a clean home is snobby! I will gladly be a snob, then. I wonder if people who want a "lived in" home had an overly meticulous parent growing up. I had this crazy roommate in college who freaked out over a clean-ish knife in the sink, or a speck of mascara on the counter. Maybe messy people had a parent like her. It makes no sense!!! Plus, i keep my house clean, and STILL feel stress about getting it clean enough when company (for a big gathering) comes over. You have to do all your usual chores, but all at once, and also cook / bake / whatever...as well as things, like baseboards or whatever, that you often let slide. I can't imagine how long it would take to clean a filthy place for a big event!

But yeah, the TTH wasn't bad, considering how many people lived there. Why is Jill okay with such a mess?

I would love an immaculate house but I’m too lazy to do that much cleaning. 

Jill and Jessa (the example of the pile of Dirty diapers!!!🤢) have completely different standards than normal people. A normal dirty house means dust on surfaces you don’t use every day, dust on baseboards, dishes in the sink, a stove that needs scrubbing because you cook on it. You haven’t scrubbed behind the toilet so it’s got that film.

The pictures they post look as if no one ever cleans at all! Or does laundry. Ever. Goodness some Lysol wipes would work wonders. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

When people say “I don’t want my house to look like it’s in a magazine. I want it to look LIVED IN,” I’m like, why?  

It can be both - its called picking up after yourself. A foreign concept to Jill.

• Love 6
(edited)

My husband complains that my car is too messy.  I showed him the picture of Jill's car and received an apology.

What is that mess? I've never seen such a messy car.  And I keep a fairly messy home and car.  Why not have a trash bag in the car and empty it daily.  Stop by a self serve carwash and vacuum.  Izzy is old enough to think the big vacuum is fun.  I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't some dirty diapers in there.

Edited by beagletime
Forgot something.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
(edited)

She's storing the kids' "Go Go Yogurts" in the pocket of the back seat?  Ewwwww...

(Incidentally, I enlarged the photo to make sure I knew what the squeeze packs were.  Warning:  That pic only gets more disgusting if you enlarge it.) 

Edited by NotFundie
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Not Jill, but I got a few comments from others to mind my own business! 

I saw that!  😎good for you for saying it!  

Im also confused by rows of folding chairs at s rick climbing birthday party???  Odd. 

Id love to see how his rock climbing prowess compares with his obstacle course and dance abilities! 

And March??  She’s that busy that she’s months behind on posting mundane photos of their messy life?  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, awaken said:

I saw that!  😎good for you for saying it!  

Im also confused by rows of folding chairs at s rick climbing birthday party???  Odd. 

Id love to see how his rock climbing prowess compares with his obstacle course and dance abilities! 

And March??  She’s that busy that she’s months behind on posting mundane photos of their messy life?  

Yeah she is busy 

not cleaning 

not washing hair

not really cooking 

not working 

not going to school 

I guess she waits to jump on Derek 24/7. And rubs lotion on herself. Oh and visits Amy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 6/3/2019 at 6:19 AM, BigBingerBro said:

They're still young.  Wait til they hit their mid 30s and if they continue this diet they will balloon.

Testify. Says the big fat fat ass who wants another bowl of ice cream, lol!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)

Like @Scarlett45 mentioned there's a difference between messy and dirty. Unfortunately Jill seems to keep her house and car both messy and dirty.

When my children were young my husband called my car a "pocketbook on wheels" because I had so much stuff in it. Extra sweatshirts, stroller, pacifiers, toys, baby wipes (which are great for spot cleaning), books, band-aids, maybe a random sock, etc. It was usually messy. However it wasn't dirty, no one would feel itchy about getting in my car because of grime or dried crud. They may have been sitting with a pair of cleats at their feet though.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 12
18 hours ago, NotFundie said:

She's storing the kids' "Go Go Yogurts" in the pocket of the back seat?  Ewwwww...

In no way am I defending Jill, but Go Go Yogurts don't need to be referigerated, even after opening. They are actually on a shelf in the grocery stores. Me personally, like yogurt cold as did the kids I watched, so I put them in the fridge.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Madtown said:

In no way am I defending Jill, but Go Go Yogurts don't need to be referigerated, even after opening. They are actually on a shelf in the grocery stores. Me personally, like yogurt cold as did the kids I watched, so I put them in the fridge.

I get they don’t need to be refrigerated, but being left in the hot ass car?  I also got the impression that those were empty Go Go Squeezes in the back if the seat.  

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I get they don’t need to be refrigerated, but being left in the hot ass car?  I also got the impression that those were empty Go Go Squeezes in the back if the seat.  

That's what I was thinking! In Arkansas, it has to top 100 degrees in an idle car!

• Love 8
On 6/8/2019 at 10:53 AM, ginger90 said:

New blog post: most of the pictures are repeats so I just included a few.

March 2019 Pictures and Videos

Jun 8, 2019 | Family Blog, Photos | 1 

The month of March included some snow, Derick’s birthday, trips to the park, visits to our house under construction, and time with family and friends over Derick’s spring break!

Hope you enjoy the pictures and videos in this long overdue post! I contemplated switching to smaller, regular updates and not doing the monthly pictures and videos, but haven’t decided yet…I’m gonna try to catch up on the past few monthly ones for now. 

922C8B5A-71A5-4485-91A2-A6A5E91055F0.jpeg

E88C6A40-BF78-4648-A7E7-056265CF2514.jpeg

52B4BA69-49F2-4C4C-82E4-C2D90CF96DE5.jpeg

On 6/8/2019 at 11:28 AM, Puffin said:

Does Jill seriously think anyone wants to see those pictures? 

1 hour ago, Madtown said:

Re the Go Go Yogurts - The package of new ones doesn't bother me - it's the collection of used ones that is nasty.  That back pocket must be something with the drippy empty ones being stored there. Looks like there is at least one on the floor too, Izzy is stepping on it. That must leave a nice mess on the carpet & his flip flops The fold up umbrella stroller on the backseat floor is driving me nuts.   Why can't she throw it in the back or trunk? I'm sure Izzy steps on it getting in & out (with sticky yogurt on his shoes) since it's mainly on his side.  Maybe it was a one time thing but I doubt it.  Those cup holders on Izzy's seat are disgusting too.  Are those white cups built ins are just left behind?  Either way they look like a Petri dish as does the rest of the car.  That car must smell awful esp the back seat.  I doubt either car seat has had a good scrubbing.  I'm sure they've picked up some bugs along the way. What a feeding ground.   Those kids must have some good immune systems.  I'm really starting to think Jill must not own many cleaning supplies by the looks of their house & car.  She should start peddling cleaning supplies instead of clothes so she could get some free samples. 

• Love 11
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:45 PM, MargeGunderson said:

I’m really confused by the picture of setting up for Derick’s birthday at the climbing wall. Why did they set up all the chairs in a row? Was there a birthday sermon, or were people going to watch him climb the wall and clap?  

LOL!! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 6/8/2019 at 1:45 PM, MargeGunderson said:

I’m really confused by the picture of setting up for Derick’s birthday at the climbing wall. Why did they set up all the chairs in a row? Was there a birthday sermon, or were people going to watch him climb the wall and clap?  

YAAYY!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Once again - if your post is not primarily about the Duggars, but is instead about your own life or experiences, then it belongs in SMALL TALK. I've moved a bunch of off-topic posts there. 

• Love 7

I have a toddler.  Cars get messy easily, especially when you are carting them to and from playgrounds.  But a quick clean once in a while is all you need.  I also think it would be a very bad idea to keep food in the car in the summer. 

I'm a stay at home mom, so it's kind of my job to keep things clean.  I'm not so sure what Jill thinks her role is!

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

I have a toddler.  Cars get messy easily, especially when you are carting them to and from playgrounds.  But a quick clean once in a while is all you need.  I also think it would be a very bad idea to keep food in the car in the summer. 

I'm a stay at home mom, so it's kind of my job to keep things clean.  I'm not so sure what Jill thinks her role is!

Jill's role is to sex up her #besthubbyevah

Yup, I just threw up a little in my mouth.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Okay, I was raised by a nurse so I may be a little obnoxious about cleanliness, but that car is gross. It's driving me crazy right now that my car needs a good wash and vacuum but we're in Louisiana and this is the first day of no rain in weeks and since the fibromyalgia flared up three days ago I'm not about to hit the car wash. The minute I feel better, or at least less like the New Orleans Saints all ran over me a few times, I will. The idea of leaving any kind of food in the car in an Arkansas summer makes me sick. I drive to Baton Rouge, about an hour away, to go to the doctor and whatever I bring as snacks leaves the car when I get home. Also, Jill, carseats usually have washable covers. It's not that hard to take them off and wash them. While they are washing maybe you could at least use some baby wipes on the surfaces and remove the car mats and shake them off. I wasn't raised to think my only option was to be a homemaker, but I'm much better at it than Jill and until I retired I did it while working a full time job. If it's important you will find a way.

• Love 12
(edited)

The clutter isn’t even what bothers me necessarily, it’s the grime. Izzy’s car seat is literally caked with filth and dirt, beyond what a preschooler can generate in like 2 years of use. I wouldn’t  be surprised if this was a pass down from Josie who got it from Jordan who inherited it from Jennifer and it’s upholstery has never been washed or even vacuumed smh. 

Edited by ChaChaSlide
  • Love 10
27 minutes ago, nightmeri said:

I am going to need everyone to stop mentioning Jill rubbing lotion on herself. I just picture her in the Silence of the Lambs pit with Derick directing “it puts the lotion on its skin”. Just when I thought Derick had reached the pinnacle of creepy, my stupid imagination takes it the next step 

I've had the same image every time someone has mentioned it. It kind of makes me laugh, though, since I've seen variations on that used in so many memes (none of which come to mind at the moment, of course) that it's become far removed from the actual scene in the movie in my mind.

• LOL 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, jjane said:

Okay, I was raised by a nurse so I may be a little obnoxious about cleanliness, but that car is gross. It's driving me crazy right now that my car needs a good wash and vacuum but we're in Louisiana and this is the first day of no rain in weeks and since the fibromyalgia flared up three days ago I'm not about to hit the car wash. The minute I feel better, or at least less like the New Orleans Saints all ran over me a few times, I will. The idea of leaving any kind of food in the car in an Arkansas summer makes me sick. I drive to Baton Rouge, about an hour away, to go to the doctor and whatever I bring as snacks leaves the car when I get home. Also, Jill, carseats usually have washable covers. It's not that hard to take them off and wash them. While they are washing maybe you could at least use some baby wipes on the surfaces and remove the car mats and shake them off. I wasn't raised to think my only option was to be a homemaker, but I'm much better at it than Jill and until I retired I did it while working a full time job. If it's important you will find a way.

So since we’re close to each other (BR here), you and I both know that yogurt would have a fuzzy sweater on it if we tried leaving it in our cars in this heat.  Either that or something with many legs would have carted it off by now 🤢

ETA:I want someone to take Jill to Wal-Mart snd introduce her to Folex stain remover. It could work wonders on Izzy’s carseat.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 4

That car is a pigsty. I guess I'm too OCD or something. No way has my van (and my truck before) looked like that. Not even close. Even with 3 kids. Even after riding 4 days straight. We used plastic grocery bags for trash. These were tossed every day. Sometimes twice a day. My kids car seats are clean. I take the covers off and wash them, and clean the rest of them with antibacterial wipes. If it wasn't for the car seats, you wouldn't know I had kids by looking in my van. Although the fact I've got a van could be a clue.  Wtf does Jilly do all day??  They are the filthiest people. That car has got to smell like a rolling garbage dump. Add derelicts funk and mold pits to it, and barf city. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
11 hours ago, ChaChaSlide said:

The clutter isn’t even what bothers me necessarily, it’s the grime. Izzy’s car seat is literally caked with filth and dirt, beyond what a preschooler can generate in like 2 years of use. I wouldn’t  be surprised if this was a pass down from Josie who got it from Jordan who inherited it from Jennifer and it’s upholstery has never been washed or even vacuumed smh. 

If it is a hand me down, wouldn't that be dangerous? With the way safety regulations constantly evolve, a 10+ year old carseat would be completely out of date.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

If it is a hand me down, wouldn't that be dangerous? With the way safety regulations constantly evolve, a 10+ year old carseat would be completely out of date.

Yes it would be dangerous. But these are the Duggars we're talking about. Letting kids handle power tools and flip flops everywhere. I don't think safety is something they really worry about. Because Jesus. 

• Love 5
On 6/8/2019 at 1:45 PM, MargeGunderson said:

1) My climbing gym did a big event weekend recently, and they did not set out a single random chair-spectators just stood and watched.

2) My child is also having a climbing gym birthday party. He's 6. I'm 38, I love climbing, but I wouldn't have a birthday party there...wtf?

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

OMG the car.  For one of our moves we drove from Montreal to Dallas with 3 kids, 3, 5, and 7.  

The back seat got messed up during the long drive, and we did have it detailed after we arrived, but it looked NOTHING like that.  How disgusting. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

It is sad, especially since it was unexpected. However, now that I reread this post, the message is a little odd: great woman of God who talked about Jesus to everyone; ready to check out and go to Heaven before she had too many health problems, great example to everyone. Is there nothing personal Jill can say about listening to Grandma read stories or having Grandma make a favorite food? I suppose Jill should get a pass because of the sudden loss, but it sounds as if she didn't even know Mary.

That is why I liked what Joy said. She managed to add something personal about her relationship with her grandma.

• Love 17
Just now, doodlebug said:

Jinjer did too with her talk of bargain shopping with Grandma and her love of McDonald's filet o'fish sandwiches.  That's the sort of stuff that makes for good memories.

Yes, I forgot that. I think Joy stood out because of TPIR which is one of my favorites. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

It is sad, especially since it was unexpected. However, now that I reread this post, the message is a little odd: great woman of God who talked about Jesus to everyone; ready to check out and go to Heaven before she had too many health problems, great example to everyone. Is there nothing personal Jill can say about listening to Grandma read stories or having Grandma make a favorite food? I suppose Jill should get a pass because of the sudden loss, but it sounds as if she didn't even know Mary.

Jill is very devout and religious herself. I think religion was a shared interest for Jill and her grandma. I think her grandmother's devotion to God/religion was what Jill admired/loved most about her. It's something they had in common. It's also comforting to think your loved ones are at peace with God and that they didn't suffer too much.

By the way, Mary Duggar was more religious than may have come off on the show. JB and Michelle said similar things in the Youth for Christ Conference video. That she talked to everyone about God and that she was very religious. She was the only one of their (JB's and Michelle's) parents whose faith they admired. 

• Love 7