Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill claims it was the dentist who said his tooth problems came from "an accident or something." I'd think Jill would know if Izzy had an accident bad enough to damage his teeth. 

Then again, it's Jill. Maybe she heard Izzy crying and told him to suck it up, buttercup.

She was probably recording a video at the time. If he wasn’t in the frame, she didn’t see it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I think that the Duggars all deal with this inward chaos as well. If they're not thinking about Jesus 100% of the time; if they don't always love a sibling; if they aren't always cheerfully obedient; if they feel anger or resentment toward a parent (or, in this case, a child), they become confused and terrified that they are "bad." There's no one that they can confide in because they're sure that the others don't have these terrible thoughts. They have no frame of reference from books, movies, friends, etc. to give them some perspective that these kinds of thoughts are pretty normal.

I agree. They grew up with Jesus 24/7 and have maintained that into their adulthood. They are married into it as well. All their "friends" are the same. What else do they really know? Maybe Jill would like to put the boys in a pre-school, but feels she will be shamed. We know Derick when to school/college. Why can't her boys? Maybe they will when they are old enough for kindergarten. I just wonder if these Duggar girls with kids, often wish they could do some "normal" things in life, but fear JB, MEchelle and their siblings will knock them down for doing so. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, dariafan said:

She’s raised siblings.... so why is she such a bad mom?    And she may love them, but she doesn’t like them 

My daughter, unfortunately, is the same way. She loves her kids, but she doesn't like them and hates to be around them. Yet, she worked for years at a daycare center and was one of their best preschool carers. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Nysha said:

My daughter, unfortunately, is the same way. She loves her kids, but she doesn't like them and hates to be around them. Yet, she worked for years at a daycare center and was one of their best preschool carers. 

My mom too. Worked in daycares all her life and raised kids, but zero clue about child development or how to interact with them. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Panopticon said:

She thought that getting married would be some kind of promotion— she gets to be big pregnant all the time while her husband praises her and someone else does the daily grind with the kids once they’re weaned. Instead, she had a hard time with pregnancy and no live-in helpers.

also she was the first duggar girl to be married, so had no perspective or experience on how that might play out. Now she is not the favorite daughter, had two difficult baby birthings, no TV money and married to a man who has no ambition or ability to make money. surely not what she expected or believed she would have and was entitled to have if she followed the gothard rules and married a guy daddy chose for her.

Edited by crazy8s
added and married a guy daddy chose for her
  • Love 19
23 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

75D3F284-B7A3-4050-AFA9-8279DA78829A.jpeg

8EA8F60A-1DD8-4E79-925B-458A6A011CBC.jpeg

So how is this different than any other day?  Cut a foot of it off.

13 minutes ago, dariafan said:

I was hoping she was going to get a foot of it cut off...

Great minds think alike!  I posted before I read your post.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Panopticon said:

I always thought maybe she just burned herself out young. She threw herself into raising her buddies (and to her credit there’s obviously a very real bond there to this day). She thought that getting married would be some kind of promotion— she gets to be big pregnant all the time while her husband praises her and someone else does the daily grind with the kids once they’re weaned. Instead, she had a hard time with pregnancy and no live-in helpers. And of course her husband disdains her.

Speaking of Derick, if he really did get a GrubHub job, I’m stunned, and not just that he got a job. After the 2016 election, GrubHub sent an email to its workforce— which is heavily immigrant— saying that it would do anything needed to support its people and that anyone who felt the need to speak about immigrants like the president-elect did could leave. There was an immediate call from political conservatives to boycott: “GrubHub wants republicans to quit!” That doesn’t strike me as the company culture Derick would seek out. 

That surprises me, too, that he’d be involved with that company then. Maybe they’re just that desperate for money and have few options?  

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

So she was sick and her hair got tangled?? Her posts are just so bizarre. I think it looks better tangled too. Apparently she considers her hair a blessing. So she won’t ever cut it. 

What is that light colored stuff in her hair?  It looks like ribbons braided or woven in but I doubt that.  I'm sure she has all kinds of tangles,  knots & matted portions underneath that mop, sick or not. A portion of my hair  got matted & knotted up once when I was sick in the hospital.  It was awful & my sister ended up cutting part of it out & mine was only  shoulder length.  Too bad Jill's wasn't bad enough to need cutting off.

ETA: think I figured it out by enlarging.  Is it just the lighter background showing thru?  

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

WTH??  This may well be the most asinine post of them all.

So now  Jill is seeking attention for actually brushing her stringy hair ?? Jill honey, newsflash, most normal people brush their hair every day, sometimes several times a day. And they don't feel compelled to post about it for attention and 'likes'. 

As previous posters have said, just when you think the bar couldn't possibly be any lower, the Duggars manage to lower it more.

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, Panopticon said:

I always thought maybe she just burned herself out young. She threw herself into raising her buddies (and to her credit there’s obviously a very real bond there to this day). She thought that getting married would be some kind of promotion— she gets to be big pregnant all the time while her husband praises her and someone else does the daily grind with the kids once they’re weaned. Instead, she had a hard time with pregnancy and no live-in helpers. And of course her husband disdains her.

Speaking of Derick, if he really did get a GrubHub job, I’m stunned, and not just that he got a job. After the 2016 election, GrubHub sent an email to its workforce— which is heavily immigrant— saying that it would do anything needed to support its people and that anyone who felt the need to speak about immigrants like the president-elect did could leave. There was an immediate call from political conservatives to boycott: “GrubHub wants republicans to quit!” That doesn’t strike me as the company culture Derick would seek out. 

I think this is so true!!! And I hate that Derick gave her the idea in "counseling" with JB that their marriage would be like that. Did he really think he would want 20 kids, while he worked hard to support them, and Jill laid around all day? Maybe he really did, but how could he be self-unaware enough to think this would suit his personality type?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I bet Jill wishes Israel was Isabel instead. That way Isabel would be doing all the homeschooling Sam and all the chores.

Jill needs to get a real GED and get a job. Sending her kids to school would make their life loads better.

D should gently guide her towards that goals 

oh wait not ever going to happen 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I bet Jill wishes Israel was Isabel instead. That way Isabel would be doing all the homeschooling Sam and all the chores.

Jill needs to get a real GED and get a job. Sending her kids to school would make their life loads better.

D should gently guide her towards that goals 

oh wait not ever going to happen 

Such good advice and it will never happen. 

• Love 5
On 9/20/2019 at 11:05 AM, dariafan said:

She’s raised siblings.... so why is she such a bad mom?    And she may love them, but she doesn’t like them 

She’s a bad mom because she is burned out from being a sister Mom and a buddy Mom for pretty much her entire life ( as far back as she can remember).  She thought she was getting out of that at least for a few years   because she didn’t really think she would get pregnant on her honeymoon.  She thought Derick would somehow manage to be around all day like JB( since JB has a ready made work crew).  Instead she’s a stay at home Mom  without a clue and a husband who doesn’t either.  She doesn’t remember what Michelle’s life was like when the sister Moms were under 7. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, Panopticon said:

7 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I think you hit the nail right on the head. Jill thought she'd have the same experience her mother did; she would sit around all day doing nothing while everyone showered her with attention and other people did all the messy grunt work of motherhood. She must feel incredibly cheated and bitter.

The part Jill has conveniently forgotten is that her mother had 7 kids in about 7 years and a nervous breakdown in the laundry room before she got other people, including her very young daughters, to do all the messy grunt work of motherhood. It was another 4 years and 4 kids before Jim Bob ran for state Senate and Michelle started getting positive public attention for having all those cute kids. And then another several years and several kids before "14 Kids and Pregnant Again" aired and Michelle started getting positive attention nationwide, plus the family started to climb out of poverty.

• Love 20
8 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I think you hit the nail right on the head. Jill thought she'd have the same experience her mother did; she would sit around all day doing nothing while everyone showered her with attention and other people did all the messy grunt work of motherhood. She must feel incredibly cheated and bitter.

Bingo. Jill didn't expect to have to actually raise her own children.

Like MeChelle, Jill thought she would pop out babies every year and then hand them off to her sister moms. I think Jill didn't plan on her sisters getting married so soon and having blessings of their own. Maybe Jill even expected the younger girls like Hannie and Jennie to step up and sister mom since they are now older than Jill herself was as a sister mom, sort of like a screwed up circle of life thing?

• Love 11

Wow- it finally happened- I think Jill blocked me!  When I search, her account doesn’t come up. I’ve always been careful to be sort of snide without being outright rude, but I guess my luck has run out!

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

What happens when a woman loses her hair/becomes bald???

Obviously,  that means she is a sinner who has lost gods favor.   Jill better be careful with her wearing pants and shorts.  She might just end up going bald.  How Cathy fits into this is beyond my pay grade. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

75D3F284-B7A3-4050-AFA9-8279DA78829A.jpeg

8EA8F60A-1DD8-4E79-925B-458A6A011CBC.jpeg

I thought at first that she was trying to promote a great detangler for long hair, but, nope, she’s just showing us that a brush will work out any tangles you might have. Thanks, Jill, for reminding me of something I learned before I was 6. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
Just now, galaxychaser said:

I’m surprised Michelle didn’t send her a sister or 2 to be lived in maids.

I don't think Jill was ever her mom's favorite, and I think she is currently in dis-favor due to Derick basically shitting the bed over getting kicked off the show. (Not that they miss him, but I think it was definitely one of those, "Hey, asshole, keep your mouth shut, and don't threaten the family gravy train" moments.) 

So, yeah, I think the fact she hasn't been sent some sister maids is telling. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I think Jim Bob & Michelle want to exert too much control over their unmarried children to allow any of them to spend too much time outside of the compound. The 'M' kids are the only ones regularly shown to be with the Lost Girls and it seems to be mostly at the compound or public places the families attended together.

• Love 13

Can you imagine how good Jill would look if she tried? When you scroll slowly though the combed out hair pic and stop at the shoulders - beautiful! Even boob length is ok. ! Watched some old videos of them last night and Jill was quite pretty. She was still doing her hair and makeup, and she’s tall and slender. Plus add in her slightly boho look and she’s be a real cutie. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

I think Jim Bob & Michelle want to exert too much control over their unmarried children to allow any of them to spend too much time outside of the compound. The 'M' kids are the only ones regularly shown to be with the Lost Girls and it seems to be mostly at the compound or public places the families attended together.

Yeah I agree with this.  

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Page 1007. Is anyone still here from page 1?

There are a few names from the very early pages who still post here...Absolom showed up on page one, as did Big Sky Girl (though I think she is taking a break here). Sew Sumi and Marigold showed up on page two. I think I've been here since pretty early in the game as well.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Big Sky Girl got banned 😞

For what?

I think Jill is plainer than her sisters, maybe or maybe not by choice, but she isn't ugly by any means. As far as her bathing habits, only people Jill lives with would know whether she bathes regularly. 

• Love 5