Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, MzTori77 said:

I saw that IG live, and I stuck with it out of curiosity. I figured there had to be a decision, a resolution, or at least an ending. Wrong! It was truly pathetic. She was just sitting there going so....um.....I don’t know how to relax....so anyways.....yeah, like......anyways.....like I like being with people.....so, anyways, what should I do??? Jill always says “anyways” instead of “anyway”. And she’s educating her children. 

As much as I can’t stand Durwood, this has to embarrass him. Someone this absolutely clueless and unable to speak or be alone, bugging him and instagramming “um, so, anyways” pointlessly while he’s out attempting to work.

• Love 17

Just the thought of these dimwits getting a dog sickens me. Loving a dog is one of life's greatest treasures...the love and loyalty they return is amazing. However, as many have noted - they are dependent on their owner for everything and expenses mount quickly. My dachshund had cancer and needed chemotherapy for several weeks (she is fine now) and then later needed spleen removed. Those two medical issues cost thousands of dollars. Food, grooming, twice yearly vet visits, sick visits......Any dog in that home will not get the love, attention, discipline and medical care they deserve and that makes me sad.

Edited by whydoiwatch
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Last night Jill had a live Instagram chat from her car. She dropped the kids off at church, then tried to meet up with Derelict in a parking lot. He was Grub Hub driving so he couldn’t meet her. Apparently he then told her to do an Instagram poll to figure out what she should do next. Wait around in some random parking lot? Go home? She was truly perplexed. Someone suggested she take a nap. It was hilarious. Didn’t watch the whole thing so not sure what she ended up doing but going to get the kids didn’t seem to be an option. She also tried to explain what Derelict was doing and confused herself so she just gave up. 

I can see how having to be somewhere and do something at a specific time could perplex her 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I really don’t think Jill is very bright. She tries so hard and always seems to fail. I’m sure Derrick (who I don’t care for at all) is being driven crazy by her having to be near him constantly and needing to be told what to do. She has no initiative. I’m sure when she called Derrick last night asking him what she should do he just told her to instagram in order to blow her off. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

It's like she can't stand being alone.  As a true introvert, it is hard for me to understand people that don't need their alone time to read, enjoy a hobby or exercise.  

I find it hard to believe that the Dullards would be able to handle any sort of animal, least of all a dog that needs extra attention and kindness.  Definite no.

I completely agree, as I am someone who needs lots and lots of alone time to recharge and I can spend an entire afternoon with a book any day of the week. But Jill was never allowed to be alone. Ever. It was always a herd, unless she was hiding in the bathroom eating. Her upbringing has stunted her, perhaps beyond help.

And no, no animal for the guy who wanted to hit a cat with a sled. Just no.

1 hour ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I don't think the Duggar girls know how to be alone because they were never left alone, and they were always busy taking care of their siblings and doing household chores. They also were not allowed to read for pleasure or watch movies/tv shows. 

Exactly. She has never had the experience of filling her own time because she was always sister-momming, always accountable for taking care of the littles. She was never allowed to be a person in her own right. Her cult forbids it.

33 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I really don’t think Jill is very bright. She tries so hard and always seems to fail. I’m sure Derrick (who I don’t care for at all) is being driven crazy by her having to be near him constantly and needing to be told what to do. She has no initiative. I’m sure when she called Derrick last night asking him what she should do he just told her to instagram in order to blow her off. 

I agree that he probably told her to instagram just to keep her busy. This does not strike me as  a happy marriage. How could it be, with one partner a frustrated kinda missionary kinda accountant kinda attorney and one partner with no aspirations whatsoever beyond raising a litter? Especially because she seems at the very least temperamentally unsuited to raising a litter and potentially not able to have more kids.

• Love 22
12 hours ago, Trillium said:

Second, rescues can be very picky about who they adopt a dog to. Any reputable one will not hand over a puppy to inexperienced dog owners with two small children.  

Not to mention that most rescues and a lot of shelters don't just give dogs away for free. There is typically an adoption fee to cover medical expenses like shots and spaying/neutering as well as operating expenses like heat, a/c, food, etc.

The shelters by me have a sliding adoption fee schedule based on the dog's age  and breed. Typically puppies and pure breds (most in demand dogs) are $450+ The only exceptions seem to be very senior dogs and, unfortunately, pit bulls as there are just so many in the shelters. For rescues, also figure on travel expenses as many dogs are fostered in different parts of the country than the rescue is located.

I know this because we recently added to our 'family'.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Lots of pet rescues in the South don't do much of checking.  When I adopted my cats from the humane society in the panhandle of Florida, I filled out a form (which they never checked up on), paid my money, and took home my cat.  Same with a rescue in Fredericksburg VA: I found my current cat at Petsmart, filled out a form (which was never checked), paid my money, and took him home.  

I figure they want a big dog because either Derick has his masculinity tied up into the size of his dog (which also means it may not be neutered--it seems to be common in the South for male dog owners to confuse their dog's junk with their own in some way) or they're hoping that the boys won't be able to damage a big dog as much as a small one.  Neither will end well for the dog, and maybe not for the family either.

9 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

If Derrick is out doing food delivery to make ends meet, they can’t afford a dog.

Don’t get me started on how neglected that animal would be. The very thought makes me want to cry.

No they cannot.  Pets are expensive and take time.  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

No they cannot.  Pets are expensive and take time.  

And love! We have seen no evidence that Dreck or any Duggars has any understanding that it is a commitment to adopt an animal. Your pet needs love and recognition that s/he is more than an accessory. Jill was taught that children are accessories. If they had brains in their heads, they would start the boys with a gerbil or a fish to get used to the idea that pets need time and care.  I hope they never take in an innocent animal.

• Love 14

Maybe a fish--I wouldn't subject a mammal to the tender loving care of the Dillards.  Actually I'd suggest a cockroach; those things are impossible to kill and need about as much cuddling as the Dillards will give their pet after the first week or so.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I don't think the Duggar girls know how to be alone because they were never left alone,

Well, they WERE left alone and we all know how that worked out for Jill and the other 3 . She may have a form of PTSD.  (( These people are all lunatics, but I do feel sorry for those girls.))

So while I'm in a weak moment, getting a dog may be the best thing for Jill (always having a companion) and the boys ( dogs are so loving, loyal, and forgiving). We can all just hope they take good care of it.

• Love 2

So, Dimwit would rather go deliver food instead of going home and having sexy time with Jilly? I'm actually surprised they don't go deliver food as a family and just proves Derdick is sick of her breathing down his neck. 

Again these people have no business having pets. Mr. Lunera and I decided to get a puppy a few months ago to keep us company since we often work opposite schedules. Even after doing tons of research it was shock how much work it is. I doubt they'll take the time to potty train him and just feed him the cheapest kibble available at Walmart. Might as well forget about flea and and worm medication, too. I'm convinced the pup will just be another photo prop.

• Love 7

Since I doubt very much that the dog will be allowed in the house after the first week or so (unless Jill is freaking out--very good point, that), housebreaking is probably not going to be a problem.  Lack of vet care/flea and heartworm treatment, eating shitty food, and lack of attention will be bad enough for the poor thing, I suspect.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Fosca said:

I figure they want a big dog because either Derick has his masculinity tied up into the size of his dog (which also means it may not be neutered--it seems to be common in the South for male dog owners to confuse their dog's junk with their own in some way) or they're hoping that the boys won't be able to damage a big dog as much as a small one.  Neither will end well for the dog, and maybe not for the family either.

Counter-intuitively, big dogs are usually a better choice for people with small children (This isn't 100% and I'm sure that there are many people on this board who have experiences to the contrary). There's no way that Jill would know that, though, because that would involve doing research and learning about different dog breeds -- and that's NEVER going to happen.

I'm 100% sure that @Fosca is right, though. Derick's fragile masculinity couldn't handle a small dog, and I'd be shocked if they had a pet spayed or neutered (they should have as many puppies as God wants!).

• Love 3
6 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I'd be shocked if they had a pet spayed or neutered (they should have as many puppies as God wants!).

Well, of course. Jill can use her mad midwife skilz and help deliver the puppies.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, drafan said:

Well, they WERE left alone and we all know how that worked out for Jill and the other 3 . She may have a form of PTSD.  (( These people are all lunatics, but I do feel sorry for those girls.))

So while I'm in a weak moment, getting a dog may be the best thing for Jill (always having a companion) and the boys ( dogs are so loving, loyal, and forgiving). We can all just hope they take good care of it.

No. I worked as a vet tech, volunteered in a shelter and have owned dogs, many of them rescues, for decades. Many dogs are as you describe. Sadly, many dogs, especially untrained, underexercised and poorly chosen dogs, are not.

The Dillards have zero fucking clue how to own a dog responsibly. Add in two toddlers, Jill’s fears and Derrick wanting a “big dog” (in shelter speak that usually meant guard breed and substitute penis), it’s a recipe for disaster. 

She wants a dog as Instagram fodder. There couldn’t be a worse reason.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Fosca said:

Lots of pet rescues in the South don't do much of checking.  When I adopted my cats from the humane society in the panhandle of Florida, I filled out a form (which they never checked up on), paid my money, and took home my cat.  Same with a rescue in Fredericksburg VA: I found my current cat at Petsmart, filled out a form (which was never checked), paid my money, and took him home.  

As a longtime cat rescue volunteer, I'd like to mention that we get to be pretty good at judging potential adopters just from a conversation or interview. That, along with our adoption application (which people probably think we don't check), means our cats go to the right adopters. I have turned down plenty of potential adopters for reasons ranging from "you have too many already," to "you want to declaw mutilate," to "this isn't the right animal for you. Come meet this one instead." Just to name a few. 

It isn't just southern men who link their own masculinity with their pets'. My "dad" was raised in the north and still doesn't get his animals fixed, because of course he knows better. 

Back on topic: I'd second the suggestion that the Dullards get a pet cockroach, but they probably already have one. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I don't think the Duggar girls know how to be alone because they were never left alone, and they were always busy taking care of their siblings and doing household chores. They also were not allowed to read for pleasure or watch movies/tv shows. 

True, but you all must admit that Jill is on a whole 'nother level of cluelessness than her married sisters. Even Jinger, who is arguably become even more worldly and far-removed from the TTH than Jill. 

I do think Jill thrived on being around her entire family because she's majorly extroverted and probably gets her energy that way.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3

Come on, everybody here knows if these yo-yo's end up with a dog, it will NOT be from a reputable breeder or a caring, registered shelter or re-homing organization. 

It will be an animal "Was given to us by a SWEET FRIEND who has the CUTEST puppies that just insisted we take one home for the boys"!!  🙂 

No paperwork, no shots, no preparation.  And we know there are plenty of leg-humper fans out there that would give these crazies a free puppy, no questions asked

• Love 6

These idiots are prime candidates for my all-time most infuriating “reason” people used to dump their dog at the shelter: “Now that we have the new baby, we just don’t have enough time for the dog.”

Or it’ll be...”He knocks my toddler down.” No shit. Eighty-pound underexercised untrained dog...big surprise.

Or...”He nips my child,” thereby ensuring the dog will be put down, because dogs with any kind of bite history, even in play, can’t be rehomed.

I have zero time for their crappy parenting, let alone what shit they’d dish out to a puppy.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures, first is a video:

26 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures, first is a video:

all duggars should click on their own #s - #cashisking would offend them

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 9/28/2019 at 2:47 PM, ozziemom said:

I don’t tho k Dave Ramsey would promote her pickup orders.  He would probably tell her she needs to learn to cook.  Actually learn 

Edited by dariafan
Phone acting wonky won’t let me post outside the quote box
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, dariafan said:

yes dave ramsey would say she should cook. also no date nights unless you have cash. no school loans, car loans, mortgages....

my sister, who is mostly clueless on personal finance, just started teaching ramsey's financial peace university at her church. I laugh. she stuck us on a car sale once, we have yet to see the $4,000 she still owes us.

dillards have 2 cars and a house - doubt they paid cash or bought used and saved the difference - surely not on the house since they showed the build and bible verses etc

Edited by crazy8s
added
  • Love 10

I feel sorry that she’s stuck at the maturity level of a middle schooler.  I feel bad she was molested by smugger.  I feel bad that she was not given an actual education.      Others have had shitty life experiences and grown.   She has not and will not and it truly makes my blood boil

• Love 23
On 9/27/2019 at 1:31 PM, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

Is that Jill in Leggings or someone else? 😮

On 9/27/2019 at 7:13 PM, PradaKitty said:

#role model?!

#Jillsecretlywantsajobbutherfamilywillkillher 😉

On 9/28/2019 at 1:13 AM, BetyBee said:

I wonder if Derick grew up with dogs?  We know he finds sledding into cats hilarious.  😟

If Der sled into my cat he'd be six feet under. 

On 9/28/2019 at 9:02 PM, farmgal4 said:

You’re right, but there’s also a 99.9% chance that Rover will last less than a year with these idiots.  They’ll decide that they’re tired of dealing with him and will either give him to someone else or take him to the dog pound.

Gosh these people remind me of my cousin she has just got a new kitten, BTW I have her last cat that she didn't want because cats scare her! Shes a complete idiot and I'm betting she'll call or text one day telling me this cat is mean to her kids or something and she cant keep it anymore. She knows I'm a softy and I'd feel bad for the cat and take it probably, 

On 9/29/2019 at 2:39 AM, Lunera said:

So, Dimwit would rather go deliver food instead of going home and having sexy time with Jilly? I'm actually surprised they don't go deliver food as a family and just proves Derdick is sick of her breathing down his neck. 

So Der goes to college and he does Grubhub yet they say there having sex 4-5 times a week purleeass 🙄

On 9/29/2019 at 5:22 AM, cmr2014 said:

Counter-intuitively, big dogs are usually a better choice for people with small children (This isn't 100% and I'm sure that there are many people on this board who have experiences to the contrary). There's no way that Jill would know that, though, because that would involve doing research and learning about different dog breeds -- and that's NEVER going to happen.

I'm 100% sure that @Fosca is right, though. Derick's fragile masculinity couldn't handle a small dog, and I'd be shocked if they had a pet spayed or neutered (they should have as many puppies as God wants!).

But if they got a female puppy wont Jill be jealous of all the puppies she has and go crazy like Michelle?

On 9/29/2019 at 3:30 PM, mimionthebeach said:

I want to like this paragraph a gazillion times. When my kids were Izzy and Sam's age, it would take me months to get through a book. By the time I had an opportunity to read I was falling asleep. As much as I love them, given a couple of child free hours, I'd retreat into a little me-time piece of heaven - quiet cup of tea, crossword puzzle, classical music. 

I know not everyone's a hard core introvert but I find it somewhat tragic that anyone should be at such a loss on their own for a bit. 

She IS doing research!!! She asked randoms on Instagram, ffs. 

This is one thing I find sad about Jill that she cant be alone, I love being alone. 

• Love 10

I think Jill meant Walmart grocery pickup.   I read her post as she placed an online grocery order and realized after checking out that she forgot milk (actually relatable).  I'm guessing that Walmart does not have a way for her to add the milk to the order, so she had to run inside to get it when she was at the store for her other groceries.  Why else would she run into Walmart for milk, and only milk?  Even a Neighborhood Walmart is annoying for just picking up one item.

• Love 17

I have never seen anyone who needs therapy more than Jill. She is afraid of everything. She needs to be taught how to be alone and how to make her own decisions. She is very much a middle schooler and most likely will remain one, either because of fear or an actual low IQ. 

Jessa is uncomfortable in new situations and speaking with strangers, but Jill is so much worse. 

Poor Jill thought her life would be a happily ever after fairy tale. She was “in love” with Derrick after just a few Skyped phone conversations and married him without really knowing him. She just knew he would take care of her. Poor girl, life experience would have really helped her. She is too proud to tell anyone how unhappy she is, but it does show in her lethargic lifestyle, beige everything, and total cluelessness. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I am not a parent, but I suspect a 4 year old does not understand anything about budgeting except for yes or no.  Israel "loves" his financial peace jr stuff because he is old enough to know that he should love whatever makes mommy and daddy happy.  He has no idea what those numbers mean, nor does he have any concept that a quarter is the same as 5 nickels or 2 dimes and and a nickel, or 25 pennies.  He just likes putting the coins in the machine while mommy praises him.  He is probably old enough to understand a piggy bank and saving up for a small toy, but budgeting????

That’s the point of Financial Peace Jr though- to teach him those things. It is designed for small children, and budgeting for a small toy would be an age appropriate thing for Israel to start at this age (he’s 4 yes)? This is actually one of Jill’s better ideas. This system is for kids 3-12years old, to teach them about money, saving, spending, addition subtraction etc etc etc. Saving for a toy is budgeting in the world of a 4 year old. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 14
16 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

That’s the point of Financial Peace Jr though- to teach him those things. It is designed for small children, and budgeting for a small toy would be an age appropriate thing for Israel to start at this age (he’s 4 yes)? This is actually one of Jill’s better ideas. This system is for kids 3-12years old, to teach them about money, saving, spending, addition subtraction etc etc etc. Saving for a toy is budgeting in the world of a 4 year old. 

Thanks for the explanation.  That makes more sense than what Jill wrote.  Jill has such a bad grasp on child development that I had no idea if this is actually age-appropriate for Izzy.  I would not put it past her to have Izzy watching a video meant for a second-grader.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, dariafan said:

I feel sorry that she’s stuck at the maturity level of a middle schooler.  I feel bad she was molested by smugger.  I feel bad that she was not given an actual education.      Others have had shitty life experiences and grown.   She has not and will not and it truly makes my blood boil

At some point, it is willful ignorance.  She's deciding daily to learn nothing.

• Love 22
32 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Thanks for the explanation.  That makes more sense than what Jill wrote.  Jill has such a bad grasp on child development that I had no idea if this is actually age-appropriate for Izzy.  I would not put it past her to have Izzy watching a video meant for a second-grader.  

I totally think Jill would mis-use the system and expect Izzy to understand immediately, but it is designed to teach things like math, money skills etc on an age appropriate level. But if you have dumb ass parents, or clueless parents, the best system won’t work that well. I remember being 5 and learning about sales tax (I already knew about money, bills and coins etc) when my Mom let me spend some birthday money at Toys R Us (that was 29 years ago and I still remember). 

I can see Jill getting very frustrated that Izzy doesn’t understand things immediately right away and give up. 

• Love 9