Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

If Derrick is in fact actually working delivering food to help pay the bills, I don’t know whether to admire it grudgingly or point out that if he hadn’t been a giant jerk to TLC he probably wouldn’t have to. Maybe both.

But, being the cold-hearted cynic that I am, maybe this just might be a roundabout way to hit up the leghumpers for donations and/or shame JB into coming across with more cash. Can’t have little lonely Jill pining away for lotion time, after all...

It’s the only way he can get and eat non beige food without Jill being there .....

also so if he’s getting date night ideas, I would be saying thank you, next !

• LOL 6

Derick said their church has Friday Nights Out, about once a month I think, where there are babysitters provided at the church so that parents can go out. He and Jill had a “date” before he went on call for Grubhub. So Jill was picking the boys up after their “date.”

You know how J&D are followers of Dave Ramsay - well Ramsay often says that people should “deliver pizzas” as a second job to work on getting out of debt. That may be Derick’s inspiration to do Grubhub.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Can somebody please tell Jill large boobs + ill-fitting bra + empire waist is a really bad combo?

She will learn after one too many people ask her when she is due.  I wonder how many times she has to utter "I'm not pregnant" before she donates that dress to goodwill (for me it was once and I never wore that dress again).

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Zella said:

Question for parents: Does 10 pm seem late for kids that young to go to bed? I remember my bedtime as a small child in the 90s seemed like 7 pm forever, so I just would have assumed he would have figured they were already in bed. Unless maybe they were staying up waiting for him? 

Hahaha great minds think alike! I just posted this myself. 

10 pm is late for small kids.  My son is 3 and is in bed at 7:30.  He was in bed at 7 until he was 2.  I'm sure they hope that by putting them down later they will sleep later, but every kid doctor/sleep expert says that doesn't work and that toddlers need to be down by around 8ish for best sleep.  I know on the rare occasion when my son is up later, he is still up at 7 AM.  Kids have a biological clock that generally doesn't allow them to sleep in late in the AM.

Most of the parents in my circle put their little ones (under 5) to bed in the 7/7:30 time frame.

I don't see Jill as being a parent who is overly concerned with schedules.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
14 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I hesitate to post because I don't have enough brain bleach to hand out afterwards, but I suddenly got a vision of Dreck staging a role-playing fantasy where he, the Grub-Hub guy, delivers hot food and more to a lonely widow (or something, because I can't see their fantasies condoning cheating), who has been texting him ideas of what she intends to to him when he arrives...

I actually read a racy story like this years ago.  But mine was about a college girl home from school getting it on with the UPS guy. 

12 hours ago, Zella said:

Wow I totally thought the Grub Hub thing was a stupid photo op stunt. I didn't realize he was actually working for them. Hmm. 

I thought it was a stunt too.  That would definetly be a shocker to open the door & see Derelict standing there. Glad I use Door Dash. 

I really don't know how Jill is dealing with him coming into possible  contact with those evil women out there even if it is just a quick Hello & You're Welcome.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Trillium said:

Apparently in his live feed he said something about they are looking into rescues to adopt a pet for the boys for Christmas. 

There are not enough words to describe what a spectacularly horrible idea that is. 

Maybe they hope that the animal will raise their kids for them. 

I hope someone will give him one of those tracts her family is so fond of giving to people in tippable positions for a tip instead of a money tip so they know how it feels like. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Can somebody please tell Jill large boobs + ill-fitting bra + empire waist is a really bad combo?

Plus the terrible pocket placement. And does Vegetables and Broccoli purposely only sell drab colors?

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Plus the terrible pocket placement. And does Vegetables and Broccoli purposely only sell drab colors?

I believe that they are a Mormon company making modern modest clothing.  The drab colors are required because bright colors would draw attention, and no faithful, modest woman would do that.  For the modest Mormon women who don't shy away from color, there is LuLaRoe.  

Edited by Ohiopirate02
had one more thought
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 8
16 hours ago, Trillium said:

Ok so I won’t fault people who have side gigs like Grub Hub because it’s hard out there for a pimp.  I was in between jobs a few years ago due to a lay off and did grocery delivery and while flexible, if you want to make more than $50, you basically need to work every night and weekend. Guess their sexy time posts didn’t generate enough revenue for them. And why can’t Jill deliver so DDD can study?? 

I applaud him if he actually is working!  Is this the first evidence we’ve seen of a Duggar actually working at a paid, outside job?  Aside from the brief Walmart stint?

16 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I hesitate to post because I don't have enough brain bleach to hand out afterwards, but I suddenly got a vision of Dreck staging a role-playing fantasy where he, the Grub-Hub guy, delivers hot food and more to a lonely widow (or something, because I can't see their fantasies condoning cheating), who has been texting him ideas of what she intends to to him when he arrives...

Yeah, how does he deliver to homes if Jill is supposed to invite a friend over if repair people are coming over?  Does he bring an accountability partner with him for deliveries?  And between law school, grub hub, sexytimes 6x a week, date nights, and post it note games, when does he sleep?! Doesn’t add up. 

13 hours ago, Zella said:

About 15 minutes.

Here's the map I made a few months ago. The blue mark is Lowell and the yellow mark is Tontitown. As I noted when I first posted this, the marks are just for general towns, not exact house locations.

1176803200_NWADuggarmapfinal.thumb.png.a0043421ee4ad2151a88f1570b99154d.png

Thanks to you and these forums, I’ve learned more about Arkansas than I ever dreamed!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

If I ran an on-line clothing store, Jill would be the last person I would pick to model my wares! She makes their not very attractive clothing look worse than it already is! At least her sisters have some sense of style. Jill has none. (I do wonder if this is what Josie will be like as she gets older...). 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, ehall1052 said:

And the dress looks too small and too large at the same time! How can that be?

She keeps outdoing herself.  Just awful fit and unflattering.  I can't imagine  that she is inspiring many people to buy this clothing line.  The stuff is bad enough on it's own and somehow she makes it worse.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Jill and her siblings were encouraged to stay up late also- or it just took until 0 dark 30 to get all million of them to sleep.  So it’s all Jill knows.  

My granddaughter is also on a 10 pm or later normal bedtime/ so that she will sleep in. 

• Love 4

A lot of moms I know show up at the pool to watch their kids and not swim.  That's normal to me, especially if there are other people at the pool besides her family.

It's fine with me if Derick got a job that's not influencer. Good for him!

That green dress is a good color. It is not flattering. I wonder if she zoomed in or stretched the photo.

@Zella Want to order from grubhub? You can start a gofundme and get donations for this important task!

Edited by Temperance
wrong word
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

The more I think about this, the more I think it’s one of Derrick’s passive aggressive fuck-you-interwebz “jokes.” Probably they ordered from FoodHub and thought it would be ever so hilarious to have him pose with the empty carriers.

I just don’t see this being okay with his image of himself nor does it seem like he’d make enough money to offset their spending habits anyway. If you earn it one night and then spend it twice on the next two “date nights”...

It just doesn’t add up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I wish Jill would model clothes from some mainstream stores. I tend to wear bohemianish clothing - peasant tops and jeans and tunics and leggings. 

She is a great model for showing poorly made clothing. None of the poses that hide the faults sellers don't want you to notice.

The style of the green dress she's wearing only looks good on two bodies - pregnant women and toddlers. I don't know why they make that style for anyone else.

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, Temperance said:

A lot of moms I know show up at the pool to watch their kids and not swim.  That's normal to me, especially if there are other people at the people besides her family.

It's fine with me if Derick got a job that's not influencer. Good for him!

That green dress is a good color. It is not flattering. I wonder if she zoomed in or stretched the photo.

@Zella Want to order from grubhub? You can start a gofundme and get donations for this important task!

Bahahahaha I doubt he delivers where I live! 😂

• Love 3
On 9/13/2019 at 3:37 PM, Suzn said:

I'm late to comment on this pic. Derelict is positively skeletal; his arms are sticks with no muscle tone.  This is not just lean.  The skin on his face looks slack.  He's too young to look like that. 

I’ve seen photos were he looks worse tbh, he always looks ill though what is wrong with him? 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

But, remember, he's married to a Duggar.  Fantasy widow Jill won't even hold his hand and will bring Sam and Israel along to guard her purity.

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

The more I think about this, the more I think it’s one of Derrick’s passive aggressive fuck-you-interwebz “jokes.” Probably they ordered from FoodHub and thought it would be ever so hilarious to have him pose with the empty carriers.

I just don’t see this being okay with his image of himself nor does it seem like he’d make enough money to offset their spending habits anyway. If you earn it one night and then spend it twice on the next two “date nights”...

It just doesn’t add up.

This theory gets my vote. The Dullards never seem to be poor. They strike me as more likely to receive a food delivery than to make one. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Puffin said:

I’ve seen photos were he looks worse tbh, he always looks ill though what is wrong with him? 

I've actually wondered if it's connected to his botched oral surgery and he has trouble eating now. Have no idea if that theory has any basis in fact. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

This theory gets my vote. The Dullards never seem to be poor. They strike me as more likely to receive a food delivery than to make one. 

His car seat was littered with Grub Hub bags when he did his live Insta last night. And he admitted in the comments that he is working, and had other jobs while in school (last year, I suppose). Of course, he also trotted out the Little Rock job, but he technically wasn't in school when he worked there. He is being cute again.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

His car seat was littered with Grub Hub bags when he did his live Insta last night. And he admitted in the comments hecaas working, and had other jobs while in school (last year, I suppose). Of course, he also trotted out the Little Rock job, but he technically wasn't in school when he worked there. He as being cute again.

Wow. I wonder of he realizes he could've gotten a free Bohemian vacation and woudln't have to work at all if he'd just have stayed of twitter. I hope he grinds his janky teeth over it daily.

I hope he gets an order for 50 chick-fil-a's to the Bahamas, takes them, then gets a million dollar tract as a tip.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I've actually wondered if it's connected to his botched oral surgery and he has trouble eating now. Have no idea if that theory has any basis in fact. 

I've long wondered if he developed an opiate addiction while going through all of his oral surgeries. 

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Zella said:

You know, I hadn't thought of that, but it is certainly possible.

I do think his pain/discomfort with his mouth and frustration over the surgery not working is one reason why he has become so nasty. Like, I think he was probably always an asshole, but I don't remember always being this unpleasant. I'd say feeling frustrated with his numerous failed attempts at careers doesn't help. 

Incidentally, I went to grad school with a girl who went to high school with him. She was a really liberal atheist and didn't say much about him, but she said he was always nice in high school. I just remember her being really horrified and surprised he was marrying into the Duggar family, though I don't think they'd actually spoken to each other since high school. 

That's super interesting! I could definitely see him being a somewhat awkward, but pleasant, band geek. And something has for sure changed since he got on the show. Like you said, he's probably always been an asshole, but had some humanity in him at one point.  Now, he just seems mean and pissed off all the time!

• Love 6

I think the side job is just a way to get out of the house and away from the kids and the clinger. He's can only be at home or school and Jilly tracks his phone 24/7. Its not like he can to a coffee shop to study, Clinger will think he's cheating. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

That's super interesting! I could definitely see him being a somewhat awkward, but pleasant, band geek. And something has for sure changed since he got on the show. Like you said, he's probably always been an asshole, but had some humanity in him at one point.  Now, he just seems mean and pissed off all the time!

Yes, I wish she had elaborated on her experiences, but she never did. I think we must have had this conversation when the engagement was announced--we were in a class together that semester and hanging out a lot at that time--and she was just very startled to see her former high school classmate making national news. LOL 

The only other thing she said is she seemed to assume that Derick was being manipulated into this and taken advantage of by the Duggar family. I guess that's how she rationalized it, and again, I don't think she had had any contact with him for years to base this on. I think he went into this experience very naive and delusional, but obviously he was the one who reached out to Jim Bob and initiated contact with the Duggars. 

• Love 11
22 hours ago, Zella said:

Question for parents: Does 10 pm seem late for kids that young to go to bed? I remember my bedtime as a small child in the 90s seemed like 7 pm forever, so I just would have assumed he would have figured they were already in bed. Unless maybe they were staying up waiting for him? 

Hahaha great minds think alike! I just posted this myself. 

It is extremely late IMO. But I bet Jill doesn't have a schedule. 

I've read that for little kids ( babies, Pre-k, k) that anything past 730 is too late. My 14 mo old goes to bed normally between 630/7, depending on how long her nap went. I would die if she was up until 10 pm on the regular. I need those few hours!!! She does wake up between 6-630

Also, no hate on Derick getting a real job. I think most of us overestimate how much money the Duggar family has to pass around. I bet Boob hordes or spends most of his, and as Derick insinuated, TLC didn't pay any of the adults directly for their time on the show. I don't doubt money is very tight.

At least the Dullards seem to have some sense to stop the baby train.. ( I'm assuming the lack of babies is planned)

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

I think the side job is just a way to get out of the house and away from the kids and the clinger. He's can only be at home or school and Jilly tracks his phone 24/7. Its not like he can to a coffee shop to study, Clinger will think he's cheating. 

It is probably the only way he can have lotion time with Becky from the third row without Jill getting suspicious. Becky from the third row orders from GrubHub a lot. 😉

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Zella said:

Yes, I wish she had elaborated on her experiences, but she never did. I think we must have had this conversation when the engagement was announced--we were in a class together that semester and hanging out a lot at that time--and she was just very startled to see her former high school classmate making national news. LOL 

The only other thing she said is she seemed to assume that Derick was being manipulated into this and taken advantage of by the Duggar family. I guess that's how she rationalized it, and again, I don't think she had had any contact with him for years to base this on. I think he went into this experience very naive and delusional, but obviously he was the one who reached out to Jim Bob and initiated contact with the Duggars. 

That's so interesting! I could definitely see it being a little bit of both. Derick probably saw it as an easy way to get fame and money, which was obviously misguided on his part. He was probably also a lot like many average guys...not attractive but not hideous (then), and just normal...who had trouble getting laid, because they just have zero game. And then once the duggars got their claws into him, they did manipulate him. It was unfortunate from all sides, and I think everyone has buyer's remorse now. 

I've been thinking about what WOULD make them happy. Derick seems hard to please, so it's difficult to decide what would make the perfect wife for him. First of all, I think he should have gotten his career path 100% locked down before he even thought about marriage. Honestly, having a few flings wouldn't have hurt him, either. He could see what kind of girl he liked, and get people skills. I can't see him with some edgy rebel, or a girl more accomplished than him, but there's a LOT of gray area between a rebel / careerwoman and Jill. He might have liked a woman who had a career like nursing or teaching, like he THOUGHT Jill was capable of doing. He might also have enjoyed having a SAHM, since he would have a stable career, but one who is capable and organized. He definitely does not do well with a stage five clinger. I think he for sure needed someone who wanted to wait a few years on kids, and who didn't have an extremely intrusive family. Maybe he would have liked not having kids at all, but he for sure should have not had a honeymoon baby. He could even have gone on a long term mission with a competent wife, had fun doing that for a few years, and then come home, settled down, and worked at Walmart as they started their family. A lot of women wouldn't tolerate his career flip flopping, and maybe he needed a wife who would whip his butt into gear if he waffled around. If his wife was paying all the ills on a teacher's salary, she would have been more motivated to insist he have a career. Having someone who blindly adores him doesn't seem to be a good choice for him. Maybe Derick would enjoy children more who were raised by a more intelligent mother, who gave them routines and structure. Of course, this is also on him, but obviously Jill has more control over the kids' daily lives as a SAHM. If the boys had routine and structure, plus he wasn't living in a depressing, beige environment with unappetizing food, he might thrive a little better. Plus, he might not have had his jaw surgery without being on TV, and if he had a more intelligent wife, she probably would have helped him with the aftercare / notice if he had a problem with any pills he was prescribed. 

As for Jill...I really don't know. The only type of guy I could see her happy with is someone who constantly, constantly babies her and makes his life all about her needs. Derick was sort of like this during the honeymoon period, but few guys can keep this up forever. I would also worry about a guy who *was* like this, because he would probably eventually snap. Jill seems so anxious, and definitely needs therapy before she can be in a happy relationship. It makes me sad how her parents have made her forever thirteen. She needs coping skills, confidence, and self-worth in order to thrive in any relationship. She also needs the self-awareness to realize she doesn't need 749274 kids with her temperament, and that she needs to change how she is raising the kids she has. In a normal world, where she could have been a nurse, and developed some independence, she and Derick might have been a much better match. If she had gone to a real high school and college, and was less clingy / more self aware, she might actually have been a wife who would have meshed well with his personality!

It's kind of funny, because I believe that Derick is a much worse partner (in this marriage) than Jill, but he would have potentially thrived with another partner, if he had stayed single longer, and put off having kids. Jill, who seems to have good intentions, and seems to try harder than Derick to be a good partner, really needs therapy before being with anyone!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 14
16 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I have first-hand knowledge that years of chronic pain can most definitely make you be mean and pissed off all the time.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, awaken said:

Jill posted that their car wouldn’t start after church and their church family rescued them. Why no Duggars, with all their extra cars, mechanics, and guys laying around?

Well, to be fair, if they're broke down at church, it would be easier to rely on the people already there to help them get it started than calling for reinforcements and waiting for them to get there. Honestly, that might be the most logical thing Jill has ever posted.

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 9/10/2019 at 7:14 PM, cmr2014 said:

It's funny that you mention that because I was thinking more about Josh in this context than Derick. I watched "Leaving Neverland" last week and have been thinking about the long term repercussions of sexual abuse.

It's likely that Jill is just an awkward person to begin with, but when you add in the baggy clothing, and her emotional disconnect from her husband and children, I wonder if the abuse was more traumatic for her than she even knows or understands.

I wonder if the abuse wasn't more extensive than reported. All that was reported was what Josh had already confessed to his parents. If anything came out after the initial report, you know JB & Michelle would have kept it to themselves. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I wonder if the abuse wasn't more extensive than reported. All that was reported was what Josh had already confessed to his parents. If anything came out after the initial report, you know JB & Michelle would have kept it to themselves. 

I've never believed that the only instances of abuse were what was reported. I think it's just the times he was caught. 😞

Edited by Zella
  • Love 13
19 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I think It is very likely that JB and Michelle presented a sanitized version of events and gave the girls a script to follow when talking to the authorities.  Amongst other things, how could not a single one of the girls awakened when their brother was fondling them?  How could he have only done this one time and then confessed according to the Duggars?  If he was willing to molest a 5 year old in front of her siblings, why wouldn't he have molested the older girls when they were awake?  Josh obviously didn't think he was likely to be caught or punished and I think he did a whole lot more than has been admitted to in public.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 18