Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
maraleia

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Normades said:

I think the password, browser, and asking if "someone" downloaded CP are all examples of Josh thinking he's the smartest guy in the room.  That's what he was raised to believe and hasn't learned any different.  He will get a real lesson about who's the smartest in the room now. 

At last, a positive result from JB and M raising Josh to believe he's the very smartest of their pile of children, who all together are the smartest children in the world because they were raised by Jim Bob. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 18

Share this post


Link to post

katie joy on WOACB goes live in about 20 minutes per her you tube site. 

  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

True, but wouldn't they have enough sense to know the Feds weren't there looking for adult content? I mean, I know we're talking Duggars and all, but are they that naive?

I can see them trying to spin this as "we know Josh has a problem with porn, but any CP was downloaded by mistake when he was tempted by Satan to look at adult images."  I doubt they really want to believe the truth.

Edited by Normades · Reason: typo
  • Like 8
  • Useful 3
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, cereality said:

Plus non sexualized pics where you wanted to show your wife a certain kid's haircut or dress would mean said kid was DRESSED fully. I'm guessing that's not what happens with CP. And you wouldn't be using TOR or anything like that to access said pictures -- you'd be pulling up the Children's Place spring catalog on your computer.

He should never again in his lifetime have the opportunity to consider doing even that.

Under the jail with this garbage. 

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I am feeling queasy.  I have some errands to take care of.  I'm sure there will be a ton of posts to read when I get back, but at this point I'm just hoping bail is either denied, or so steep that Jim Bob balks.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

it sure is taking a long time to get any info on this hearing....

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I need a coffee ️ 

I need a drinkred wine GIF

Edited by NoThyme
  • Like 13
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

What happens at the corrections level as far as how much of any sentence is served is what I can never understand.   I literally want to dance a jig at the knowledge that one of Josh's charges has a mandatory minimum.  

In the federal system, you serve 85% of your sentence by statute, and the way the BOP calculates it, it’s really 87%.  In addition, in all but the most minor cases, the court is required to impose a term of supervised release that begins when the defendant is released from custody.  It’s been several years since I was in practice, but as far as I can remember, the offenses with which Josh is charged carry a minimum supervised release term of five years.  In the district where I practiced, judges routinely imposed lifetime terms of supervised release in CP cases, although those cases typically involved hundreds or even thousands of images and dozens of videos rather than the sixty-five images and one video reported here.

 

Supervised release is conditional, which means that the defendant must abide by the conditions of release that the judge has imposed.  The federal Probation Office is in charge of ensuring that he does.  Conditions in a CP case may include restrictions on certain kinds of computer use, a bar on being around children, prohibitions against living near a school, and so forth.  If the defendant violates his supervised release terms, the court may send him back to prison.  

  • Like 4
  • Useful 8

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Jinger isn't actually recalling anything, the media is just quoting what is in her book.

It's still publicity for her book.  

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching…this is costing JB a fortune.

Good.

Yep. Keep racking up those billable hours!

tenor.gif.7dad82dcb931bcb44f0bab933f9ee1f2.gif

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, On the Bias said:

 In the district where I practiced, judges routinely imposed lifetime terms of supervised release in CP cases, although those cases typically involved hundreds or even thousands of images and dozens of videos rather than the sixty-five images and one video reported here.

The amount of images and videos is more than I expected but it's really not a lot compared to what we normally see.  It's at the low end.   

  • Like 2
  • Useful 9
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, On the Bias said:

In the federal system, you serve 85% of your sentence by statute, and the way the BOP calculates it, it’s really 87%.  In addition, in all but the most minor cases, the court is required to impose a term of supervised release that begins when the defendant is released from custody.  It’s been several years since I was in practice, but as far as I can remember, the offenses with which Josh is charged carry a minimum supervised release term of five years.  In the district where I practiced, judges routinely imposed lifetime terms of supervised release in CP cases, although those cases typically involved hundreds or even thousands of images and dozens of videos rather than the sixty-five images and one video reported here.

 

Supervised release is conditional, which means that the defendant must abide by the conditions of release that the judge has imposed.  The federal Probation Office is in charge of ensuring that he does.  Conditions in a CP case may include restrictions on certain kinds of computer use, a bar on being around children, prohibitions against living near a school, and so forth.  If the defendant violates his supervised release terms, the court may send him back to prison.  

Are you suggesting that he can be convicted of this and not be placed on the Sexual Offender Registry for life?   That's statutory here.   That also takes care of how close he can live to a school, a park, a childcare center, etc.

Are felons required to pay supervision fees for supervised release at the federal level?  Some cases here even result in the defendant being required to be tethered on supervised release and potentially for a period of time afterwards if deemed appropriate.   I am aware of a case here where a judge imposed a lifetime tether requirement upon release that was struck down on appeal.

ETA  Disheartened tremendously that mandatory minimum might not require serving the mandatory sentence, simply being a minimum a judge must not go below in sentencing.

Edited by Tikichick
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

There was something very off about Joy's vibe recently. The sunniest sister all of a sudden turned glum and it became Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. We thought it was post-partum depression but looking back, the feds would have interviewed her for sure. Him molesting his five year old sister builds their case.

Yet she continued to post pictures and videos of her very young kids for millions of strangers. Still not getting it.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

The amount of images and videos is more than I expected but it's really not a lot compared to what we normally see.  It's at the low end.   

Can the one video apply as a sentence enhancement? Sorry of that is not the correct term. JB and Michelle are going to have a hell of a time spinning this one. The sad thing is they will. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, hathorlive said:

The amount of images and videos is more than I expected but it's really not a lot compared to what we normally see.  It's at the low end.   

I agree, in my experience it’s at the very low end, so low that I’m frankly surprised that the feds didn’t kick it over to state prosecutors.  Given JB’s political contacts, perhaps they kept the case to ensure the appearance of neutrality.  

  • Like 1
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

I read on the Sun's blog that he had a smirk and smiled and laughed during the hearing, seeming to be in good spirits.  Sicko.

  • Surprise 15
  • Sad 11

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks to everyone who is explaining what Tor is about. I didn’t know either and really didn’t want to Google it. I was going to ask why it’s allowed to exist, but several of you have answered that it was meant to give assistance to those in repressive regimes.

I feel the same sick that we all feel and I don’t know how much more I even want to know. I’ve got three grandkids and spent 25 years teaching 8th grade English in Coney Island. When  Bloomberg became the mayor in 2002, we weren’t supposed to deviate at all from the scripted curriculum. I did always insert some life lessons when I felt I could, and one thing I ALWAYS said was that If anyone touched you inappropriately, etc., they should tell their parents or teachers etc. These were 13 and 14 year old kids, and some gruesome things did happen. I was thankful that they came to me to tell me and I could tell the appropriate personnel. 
 

That Josh  will have seven children, the first six of whom love him and are being taught to respect him, is highly damaging to their sense of safety and to the worldview that parents take care of them. The older ones will need honest and helpful counseling for years.

Edited by Arkay
  • Like 10
  • Sad 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Normades said:

I read on the Sun's blog that he had a smirk and smiled and laughed during the hearing, seeming to be in good spirits.  Sicko.

He’s never experienced any real consequences for his behavior, so why would he expect them now?

  • Like 19
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Normades said:

I read on the Sun's blog that he had a smirk and smiled and laughed during the hearing, seeming to be in good spirits.  Sicko.

Of course he did, he is the golden child, the right kind of Christian, he will get away with it because daddy will pay his way out. Bastard. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

The amount of images and videos is more than I expected but it's really not a lot compared to what we normally see.  It's at the low end.   

At first it seems shocking and then you read that officials often find thousands.

However with access to the dark web, could he not have been viewing and sharing much more? The charges are for only a two day window which in my mind means that they are the only ones that can be definitively tied to just Josh. But likely he viewed many many many more and much more often - and he just didn't store those?  Am I reading this right?

  • Like 8
  • Useful 8
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, zoomama said:

katie joy on WOACB goes live in about 20 minutes per her you tube site. 

 

Ugh. This is the best thing to ever happen to her. She's going to make a lot off this.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Normades said:

I read on the Sun's blog that he had a smirk and smiled and laughed during the hearing, seeming to be in good spirits.  Sicko.

I can’t imagine that playing well with the judge…

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Normades said:

I read on the Sun's blog that he had a smirk and smiled and laughed during the hearing, seeming to be in good spirits.  Sicko.

What message is he trying to give with this behavior?  A truly innocent man set up by the "ex con" would be absolutely horrified by these accusations and terrified of the possible consequences.  You'd think his lawyers would have told him how to act in front of people who are not part of the Duggar cult,

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

If you add up the attorney's fees related to Joshgates 1&2, the settlement with the stripper, attorney's fees for the fraud case and this latest debacle (assuming it goes to trial), Boob must've spent at least 350k defending his Golden Boy. The retainer for this attorney alone had to have cost a fortune.

  • Like 15
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, WinnieWinkle said:

What message is he trying to give with this behavior?  A truly innocent man set up by the "ex con" would be absolutely horrified by these accusations and terrified of the possible consequences.  You'd think his lawyers would have told him how to act in front of people who are not part of the Duggar cult,

These people clearly don't know what is appropriate behavior in the real world.  I am truly disgusted by all of it

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

If you add up the attorney's fees related to Joshgates 1&2, the settlement with the stripper, attorney's fees for the fraud case and this latest debacle (assuming it goes to trial), Boob must've spent at least 350k defending his Golden Boy. The retainer for this attorney alone had to have cost a fortune.

And how much of that money was earned by his kids? 

  • Like 7
  • Sad 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

If you add up the attorney's fees related to Joshgates 1&2, the settlement with the stripper, attorney's fees for the fraud case and this latest debacle (assuming it goes to trial), Boob must've spent at least 350k defending his Golden Boy. The retainer for this attorney alone had to have cost a fortune.

Good. I hope this bankrupts him. 

  • Like 21
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Boob must be thinking maybe it’s best to just ditch Joshua and spent the $ on himself 

Doubt Boob plans to bankrupt himself defending Joshua

Number one priority is Boob’s bank account 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

The amount of images and videos is more than I expected but it's really not a lot compared to what we normally see.  It's at the low end.   

Is it possible that he had a lot more than that but they're only focusing on the dates mentionned?

I find it hard to believe that they caught him the first time he did this.

  • Like 20
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Good. I hope this bankrupts him. 

Lol maybe they will tour with the Rods singing for dinner 

  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Boob must be thinking maybe it’s best to just ditch Joshua and spent the $ on himself 

Doubt Boob plans to bankrupt himself defending Joshua

Number one priority is Boob’s bank account 

Nah, the number one priority is maintaining the squeaky clean Christian image.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

She carried her own suitcase.  We all commented on what a dick he was at the time. Little did we know...

Yup I remember thinking what an ASS Josh was having his BRAND NEW BRIDE handle the luggage on their honeymoon. 

  • Like 7
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

Ugh. This is the best thing to ever happen to her. She's going to make a lot of this.

I hit the 'like" button, but I was tempted to hit the "laugh" button.  Her going on the air soon about it is neither a surprise or useful.  That left the "sad" button.  I really want a barf button. 

I thought maybe there would be some news, but it doesn't seem to be a quick hearing.  Maye it will continue into tomorrow?

13 minutes ago, Arkay said:

That Josh  will have seven children, the first six of whom love him and are being taught to respect him, is highly damaging to their sense of safety and to the worldview that parents take care of them. The older ones will need honest and helpful counseling for years.

I am not holding out hope that they will get any decent counseling.   And Anna will get no help;  she is likely to get some of the blame. 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Nah, the number one priority is maintaining the squeaky clean Christian image.

Because that’s what feeds the bank account…and JB’s ego…

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know if this has been mentioned because only skimming posts, I'm trying not to read about any charges. So please forgive me if it has.

From Yahoo:

"Faulkner also said Duggar had a program on his computer called "Covenant Eyes," which the agent described as "accountability software" that monitors and reports objectionable internet use to a partner and is meant to help people with porn addictions. According to Faulkner, the program was registered to Duggar and would send reports to his wife, Anna."

Was CP found on his phone? Did Anna know about this all along?

  • Surprise 22

Share this post


Link to post

I was always worried about Mackenzie (sp?). Even in the photo they posted announcing their 7th child, I was looking at Mackenzie and wondering if she was okay.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

12 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

What message is he trying to give with this behavior?  A truly innocent man set up by the "ex con" would be absolutely horrified by these accusations and terrified of the possible consequences.  You'd think his lawyers would have told him how to act in front of people who are not part of the Duggar cult,

His cult has brainwashed him and his behavior. He's probably sitting there singing in his head "Jesus loves me this I know...." and that makes him smile.

*wretching*

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

In the words of Tom Petty:

Dang it!  I have a million things to do at work today.  I need answers!

giphy.gif

I can't handle the truth. It's too disturbing. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, GeeGolly said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned because only skimming posts, I'm trying not to read about any charges. So please forgive me if it has.

From Yahoo:

"Faulkner also said Duggar had a program on his computer called "Covenant Eyes," which the agent described as "accountability software" that monitors and reports objectionable internet use to a partner and is meant to help people with porn addictions. According to Faulkner, the program was registered to Duggar and would send reports to his wife, Anna."

Was CP found on his phone? Did Anna know about this all along?

I have heard of Covenant Eyes! I have some religious friends. It is a browser and it sends reports of every website you visit to your accountability partner. One of the moms I know was mad because her kid took it off his phone. So she lost the ability to spy on him! She was losing her mind. It is mainly to monitor for porn and gambling!

  • Useful 7

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned because only skimming posts, I'm trying not to read about any charges. So please forgive me if it has.

From Yahoo:

"Faulkner also said Duggar had a program on his computer called "Covenant Eyes," which the agent described as "accountability software" that monitors and reports objectionable internet use to a partner and is meant to help people with porn addictions. According to Faulkner, the program was registered to Duggar and would send reports to his wife, Anna."

Was CP found on his phone? Did Anna know about this all along?

Assuming the reports actually did go to Anna and not another account that would be rerouted to Josh, if she did nothing and still allowed him access to their six minor children three of which are little girls, I don't quite know what to say about that.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Is it possible that he had a lot more than that but they're only focusing on the dates mentionned?

I find it hard to believe that they caught him the first time he did this.

That could be. I worked with computers and data networking since before pc's were common or there was an Internet. One thing I always told users at work, "you can run on the network, but you can't hide". Ultimately, even with something like TOR, it can be traced. It just might take a while and you'd have to have some real experts.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

If another party (like Anna) knew about this on his computer, could that person also be arrested?

  • Like 2
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post

I decided to take a nap (i'm in Eastern time) and missed this whole shit show.  So what happened?  I'm trying to read between the lines in all you supreme people (no sarcasm, just real).. but i don't get it.  Was Josh released?  ankle bracelet?.. please lord don't tell me he was not let go to go home.  Thanks (great nap, though.. it's raining here)

Edited by Boston

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

If you add up the attorney's fees related to Joshgates 1&2, the settlement with the stripper, attorney's fees for the fraud case and this latest debacle (assuming it goes to trial), Boob must've spent at least 350k defending his Golden Boy. The retainer for this attorney alone had to have cost a fortune.

That money would be better spent taking care of the 7 innocent children who have had their world turned upside down by the sins of their father. Also to pay the ones who did the work, the 19. Maybe the adults can move on and live independently.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Scarlett45

Guidelines for the thread:

Charges have been made public that specifically name possession of Child Sexual Abuse Material, discussion of charges are allowed. However, discussion of victims, or possible victims (and their identities) related to these charges are NOT ALLOWED
We are not here to provide content for ghoulish rubbernecking- there is no need to discuss the graphic details related to these charges, the moderators are not going to police posts for graphic content- posts will be removed and violators will be warned. Do not attempt to circumvent this guideline with spoiler tags.

You MAY discuss the 2015 scandals, and any statement a NOW ADULT victim has made public as previously instructed, but speculation on unnamed victims or minor victims is NOT allowed. 

Jokes, asides, memes etc regarding the sexual assault of anyone, INCLUDING Josh Duggar are not allowed.

As of May 10, 2021: Please respect the privacy of the Reber family, discussion of their social media postings, public statements to the press/court testimony are acceptable. Discussion of their activities on their property, their schedule, where/how they run their errands not acceptable. Again, discussion of social media/court statements/public statements to the press- FINE, "So and So saw the Rebers standing in their yard/grocery shopping/getting gas"- NOT fine. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size