Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

I think everyone’s forgotten 19 KAC was promptly canceled - the day Anna wen into labor, no less. The show was revived as Couting On a few weeks (?) later. That’s what I think will happen here. Counting On And On.

Also, if it were some kind of illegal weapons thing - whodunnit that be ATF no pt DHS? That said DHS has broad power - it could be anything. 

• Love 10

What if the Duggars are not the ones being investigated?  Maybe they were interrogated about someone or something and are collaborating with the authorities? They could’ve provided testimonies and evidence?

I would love for this family to go down, but I think it’s possible that it won’t happen.

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Love 9
36 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I think everyone’s forgotten 19 KAC was promptly canceled - the day Anna wen into labor, no less. The show was revived as Couting On a few weeks (?) later. That’s what I think will happen here. Counting On And On.

Also, if it were some kind of illegal weapons thing - whodunnit that be ATF no pt DHS? That said DHS has broad power - it could be anything. 

Counting On: A Hung Jury

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Yeah. I think we'd get a spin off with Books, OfBooks, and Prop in LA if anything comes of this. 

Unless they find a way to blame it on Joshley, again. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

What if the Duggars are not the ones being investigated?  Maybe they were interrogated about someone or something and are collaborating with the authorities? They could’ve provided testimonies and evidence?

I would love for this family to go down, but I think it’s possible that it won’t happen.

I have also wondered if JB or Josh got involved with someone else's shady dealings and that is what this is about.

• Love 11

It could be financial. Remember the “work trip” Boob just took with Jana? Maybe he was moving funds and land and houses around so the feds can’t trace to him or moving things to Jana so if he goes to jail she is in charge. I know she is a woman but he has no one else he can trust right now

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

19K&C wasn't cancelled this fast. Jill had a birth special (Isreal) that aired on Mother's Day. That Thursday the scandal broke. This would have been May. That baby was born in July, so it took TLC two months to decide to cancel with the facts actually known. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

"Got a wife and kids in Baltimore (Tontitown), Jack.  I went out for a ride and never came back......."

I feel like this is blasphemy, but since Josh knows nothing about the Gospel of Bruce, I will let this stand.

• LOL 12
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

It would be kinda awesome if Josh went on the lam. There is no way that they could downplay a federal fugitive.

"He's . . . on . . . a pilgrimage. . . . We think." 😉 

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah I don't think People would go to press without fact-checking. Also, just as far as local sources go, Channel 5 (the local CBS affiliate) is usually the most trusted/most widely viewed channel around here. When they ran this earlier tonight, that convinced me something went down. I am currently waiting for Channel 5's 10 o clock newscast. The 9 o clock one on a different channel didn't show anything, but I don't really like that channel anyway. 

I don't either.  Not with the super litigious Duggars.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Zella said:

FWIW, in my local FB group--I'm about 1.5 hours away from the Duggars--someone posted an article about the Duggar raid and locals in my area are having a freaking field day with it. People are finding it hilarious. I am sure some are sympathetic to the Duggars, but if they are, they are keeping it to themselves. 

I'm always curious how the Duggars got to where they are when it seems no one around them actually likes them. 

• Love 15
11 hours ago, Lunera said:

I'm guessing the newest blessing will be called Truley Innocence Duggar.

Born the day after scandal #3 breaks.

I am going with Myocardial Infarction Duggar.

1 hour ago, Zella said:

FWIW, in my local FB group--I'm about 1.5 hours away from the Duggars--someone posted an article about the Duggar raid and locals in my area are having a freaking field day with it. People are finding it hilarious. I am sure some are sympathetic to the Duggars, but if they are, they are keeping it to themselves. 

We need to find out how to get Zella a press pass.  HA!

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I'm always curious how the Duggars got to where they are when it seems no one around them actually likes them. 

That's a very good question. I imagine recent years have made it worse for them, but I do know as far back as the 90s, people were telling my dad to not get between Jim Bob and a dollar. 

6 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

We need to find out how to get Zella a press pass.  HA!

😂😂😂

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

"Got a wife and kids in Baltimore (Tontitown), Jack.  I went out for a ride and never came back......."

I now know how to pronounce Tonitown.  All this time I thought it was pronounced like Tony, the man's name, instead of Toni, like Tommy.

• LOL 3
21 minutes ago, louannems said:

I now know how to pronounce Tonitown.  All this time I thought it was pronounced like Tony, the man's name, instead of Toni, like Tommy.

Fun fact: Tontitown was founded and settled by Italian immigrants in the late 1800s. Though Tontitown is virtually indistinguishable from Springdale, due to that Italian background, they still have a traditional grape festival there every year and a pretty good-sized and active Catholic church. 

• Useful 17
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Sheer determination. 

In recent years, others have risen even higher when no one around them actually likes them. .... just sayin'. ☹️

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, Zella said:

Damn! I wonder what this leather business is. I haven't heard of the Duggars in relation to a leather business?

Now we know what happened to Paco/Daisy's mother.  

Edited by sheshark
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Zella said:

That's a very good question. I imagine recent years have made it worse for them, but I do know as far back as the 90s, people were telling my dad to not get between Jim Bob and a dollar. 

😂😂😂

You can always call yourself cousin Duggar to get the scoop. Feels like there 500 Duggar’s in Arkansas.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

So yes I was in the thick of it on Sunday but I'm hoping that's not true. I was hoping something to do with taxes or the like.

There's so many things that make sense now regarding the IG accounts over the weekend though now.

Homeland wouldn't be involved in taxes, that would be Treasury or possibly FBI.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

This article seems to be full of it. I'm sorry, but we have zero evidence that Derick/Jill is any way involved with this mess. We have zero evidence that Josh went to Central America since the end of 19 KAC or even before. He wasn't going there when he worked for FRC (Family Resource Council (still operating and evil)). To suggest sex-traffing in the Bahamas is absolutely bananas and the writer is literally making stuff up.  Half the sentences don't even link up with each other. Josiah is at the TTH is a nonsequiter. The entire piece lacks coherence. I think it's nonsense. 

People need to be patient and eventually the truth will come out. It's the problem  with our culture, with the 24 hour news cycle, etc. that we expect to know everything at once. 

Yes this whole article is just the wild speculation of one person. I mean I’ve been waiting ever since Lego Hair and Mullet first appeared for the House of Duggar to crumble, because they always sent off stong “full of shit” vibes, but this is just making stuff up. 

Edited by Trillium
  • Love 18

TMZ for the win! (Finally a reliable source) TMZ reports Josh Duggar: Homeland Security Raids His Office. 

"Josh Duggar has Homeland Security crawling around the car dealership where he works in Arkansas, and it's related to a federal investigation ... TMZ has learned.

Agents went to the dealership in Springdale, AR in connection to a federal probe ... according to sources close to the situation. There were reports the feds had raided the Duggar family home, but we're told that's not the case. Agents have only been at Josh's place of employment ... at least for now.

It's unclear exactly what the nature of the investigation is, or if Josh was the target. A Homeland Security spokesman would only confirm agents were at the dealership.

The Duggars rose to fame thanks to a pair of reality shows, '19 Kids' and "Counting On." But, as we reported, TLC eventually pulled the plug on '19 Kids' in 2015 following Josh Duggar's child molestation scandal.

Josh's only current legal dispute, that we know of, is a lawsuit filed against him for real estate fraud.

A Duggar family spokesperson says it's not true "any member of our family is the target of any investigation of any kind." The spokesperson added, "Living a life in the public's eye has taught us that it is best not to reply to every rumor and piece of 'fake news' that is circulated online. It would be a full-time job if we attempted to do so." "

Story developing ...

• Useful 6
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, Temperance said:

People need to be patient and eventually the truth will come out. It's the problem  with our culture, with the 24 hour news cycle, etc. that we expect to know everything at once. 

I agree. These articles are starting to feel like creative writing assignments. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
42 minutes ago, Temperance said:

This article seems to be full of it. I'm sorry, but we have zero evidence that Derick/Jill is any way involved with this mess. We have zero evidence that Josh went to Central America since the end of 19 KAC or even before. He wasn't going there when he worked for FRC (Family Resource Council (still operating and evil)). To suggest sex-traffing in the Bahamas is absolutely bananas and the writer is literally making stuff up.  Half the sentences don't even link up with each other. Josiah is at the TTH is a nonsequiter. The entire piece lacks coherence. I think it's nonsense. 

THANK YOU!! There are too many conspiracy theorists trying to piece together random information or speculation and weave it together as fact. The fact is there was a search/raid of the car lot. It was done by Homeland Security. It was Josh's car lot so Josh is involved somehow. I think that's literally all that is known.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
13 minutes ago, wilsie said:

I was wondering in odometer tampering would be in Homeland Security's jurisdiction.  

When it comes to the non-obvious things (not terrorism or international trafficking or the like). Homeland Security seems to have a very wide mandate to investigate just about any kind of crime or fraud that involves internet use. That includes a wide variety of crimes/frauds committed by groups of people who collaborate over the internet to do the crimes, for example....

I don't know if you'd do that for odometer fraud specifically, but seems to me you could easily have some kind of ring of people working in a group that's scattered geographically and collaborates online to buy/steal/sell/transport/tamper-with-(including-with-odometers)/"launder"-in-some-way cars that are then sold fraudulently in various places.....

That seems like one good candidate for Duggar-type activity to me!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

When it comes to the non-obvious things (not terrorism or international trafficking or the like). Homeland Security seems to have a very wide mandate to investigate just about any kind of crime or fraud that involves internet use. That includes a wide variety of crimes/frauds committed by groups of people who collaborate over the internet to do the crimes, for example....

I don't know if you'd do that for odometer fraud specifically, but seems to me you could easily have some kind of ring of people working in a group that's scattered geographically and collaborates online to buy/steal/sell/transport/tamper-with-(including-with-odometers)/"launder"-in-some-way cars that are then sold fraudulently in various places.....

That seems like one good candidate for Duggar-type activity to me!

Especially with Josh's upcoming April 2020 fraudulent "quiet title" and breaching a contract lawsuit.  The Duggar's are quite deceitful for professed Christians.  

• Love 18