Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

One picture of this minor cousin has been posted. The Duggars, including Anna, have posted pictures all summer long - not one post included this young girl. Not one with any of the new grandbabies, on vacation, or at any birthday party. I don't think she lives anywhere, but at home with her parents (thank God).

It appears an FBI raid didn't happen either. It would be front page news in the Arkansas area and all over the tabloids. 

I'm guessing the reliable sources got their info crossed or made all this up.

There was a period of time within this past year or two that Anna made multiple references to a cousin, including photos. I always wondered who she was; I figured she came from Anna's family. But, still, that doesn't mean the girl lives/d with them. Maybe she did for the summer?

ETA: I just found photos of her w/ the Duggars on Facebook in 2019: October, August & April - birthday parties and a Silver Dollar City trip, so all things that she could have attended without actually living w/ Duggars. In 2018, she's also in a few of Anna's Instagram posts, including Xmas and July. That's as far back as I've looked (I need to get to work!)

Edited by OpieTaylor
additional info
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

One picture of this minor cousin has been posted. The Duggars, including Anna, have posted pictures all summer long - not one post included this young girl. Not one with any of the new grandbabies, on vacation, or at any birthday party. I don't think she lives anywhere, but at home with her parents (thank God).

This us simply incorrect.  As I’ve said, there are pictures of her up to the Duggers I posted, and now have hastily purged. Plus her being in the background of Counting On.  I did not know her backstory enough to be as disgusted as I am now.  I have no idea what is being investigated, if anything, but I’m angry enough as is.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, irisheyes said:

I saw this thread had blown up and figured Anna had her baby. I hope it's not true.  Not because I'm a Josh or Anna fan, but for the kid's sake. Ugh. Hopefully, it's tax fraud. 

I thought the same thing about all the activity in their thread.

Where are the Smuggs living?  They sold the large cape cod they refurbished, correct?  Was it disclosed where they moved to?  I assume this was the house of the possible FBI raid? 

I'm with you all - hoping it has nothing to do with any of the kids but everything to do with the Duggar businesses incl Chief of Staff Jim Bob.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

You guys. What if we've been punked and had a Pimp Momma Kris pulled in order to get people to talk about the Duggars and tune in to Counting On?

At this point I wouldn't put it past them. 

If so, it's a pretty bad strategy for a family that has built its fortune on godliness and virtue. 

The Duggar family is a house of cards that almost fell once except Jim Bob and his lawyers/media experts managed to prop it back up. If something is going on, and the odds are good there is, eventually, the truth will get out. Derick? Derick?

• Love 7

At this point, I agree the raid story is not likely to be true. The Duggars live in a small town. Somebody would've blabbed to the media by now. Which makes me wonder, why someone started that rumor in the first place? It seems so random. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

At this point, I agree the raid story is not likely to be true. The Duggars live in a small town. Somebody would've blabbed to the media by now. Which makes me wonder, why someone started that rumor in the first place? It seems so random. 

I agree that the rumor is untrue. I also don't find it odd to turn off comments under these circumstances. 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The Duggars live in a small town. 

As someone who actually does live in a small town in Arkansas, no, they really don't--contrary to the narrative Michelle likes to spin, they live on the edge of a metro area of over 500,000 people that is widely believed to become the 2nd largest metro area in the state with the next census. 

That being said, I agree with you that if an actual FBI raid had happened, we'd have some confirmation by now. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 5
  • Love 9
20 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Whoever started the rumor is a total jackass IMO.

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, Zella said:

As someone who actually does live in a small town in Arkansas, no, they really don't--contrary to the narrative Michelle likes to spin, they live on the edge of a metro area of over 500,000 people that is widely believed to become the 2nd largest metro area in the state with the next census. 

That being said, I agree with you that if an actual FBI raid had happened, we'd have some confirmation by now. 

I can believe than an actual FBI raid didn’t happen but where there’s smoke there is fire. Especially with Josh.

I hope that no humans have been hurt, (especially a kid) because that would be awful but after the 2nd scandal broke I said Josh would do something ELSE to embarrass his family. JB thinks he has control but Josh is still relatively young. He can only “pretend” to be this Christian family man for so long. 

• Love 19
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It appears an FBI raid didn't happen either. It would be front page news in the Arkansas area and all over the tabloids. 

I'm guessing the reliable sources got their info crossed or made all this up.

Thank you.  It's sad that those blind gossip sites exist and post knowingly false articles simply to see if they can get people inflamed and speculating on their fake news.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Well, a lot of rumors are pretty random when you come right down to it, I think....

And I don't know exactly how this one started but the idea of Josh -- and sometimes JB -- getting into a new sexual scandal, often but not always involving somebody young, comes up as a rumor every little while, it seems......Once you have a reputation for something -- even if it's a false reputation let alone a true one -- somebody's imagination or ill intent is going to run with that, I guess...

.i remember a couple years ago something about one of them (JB) being allowed by a local family to impregnate their young daughter, and then there was one about Josh being involved with some local high-school girl, and then there was the one where somebody did some theft or something with a woman vic and it was somehow related to a surveillance-camera pic in a drugstore or somewhere -- and there was a giant groundswell of people declaring that the picture was absolutely of Josh, even though it was fuzzy and didn't actually look that much like him......

And that list doesn't even include a lot of those "blind items" that could be taken to refer to Josh or JB or Derick or Jeremy or Josiah or whoever...

Plus, the whole thing gets fueled too, I expect, by the fact that the Duggars have had people closely around them who have actually done sex crimes, some quite recently, like that supposed Jana-suitor (and, I think, purported close friend of Josh's, maybe?) who got nabbed for some kind of sex crime involving a teenager...

And then the other early part of this rumor was financial issues -- and how-they-get-and-handle-their-money is another thread that runs through the Duggar lives -- both in a factual way and in a speculation way ..... 

So this kind of thing pretty much happens all the time, seems to me. I doubt six months has gone by without some kind of hot rumor in one of these veins or a year without one such rumor blowing up to fairly large proportions

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, a lot of rumors are pretty random when you come right down to it, I think....

And I don't know exactly how this one started but the idea of Josh -- and sometimes JB -- getting into a new sexual scandal, often but not always involving somebody young, comes up as a rumor every while or so......Once you have a reputation for something -- even if it's a false reputation let alone a true one -- somebody's imagination or ill intent is going to run with that, I guess...

.i remember a couple years ago something about one of them (JB) being allowed by a local family to impregnate their young daughter, and then there was one about Josh being involved with some local high-school girl, and then there was the one where somebody did some theft or something with a woman vic and it was somehow related to a surveillance-camera pic in a drugstore or somewhere -- and there was a giant groundswell of people declaring that the picture was absolutely of Josh, even though it was fuzzy and didn't actually look that much like him......

And that list doesn't even include a lot of those "blind items" that could be taken to refer to Josh or JB or Derick or Jeremy or Josiah or whoever...

Plus, the whole thing gets fueled too, I expect, by the fact that the Duggars have had people closely around them who have actually done sex crimes, some quite recently, like that supposed Jana-suitor (and, I think, purported close friend of Josh's, maybe?) who got nabbed for some kind of sex crime involving a teenager...

And then the other early part of this rumor was financial issues -- and how-they-get-and-handle-their-money is another thread that runs through the Duggar lives -- both in a factual way and in a speculation way ..... 

So this kind of thing pretty much happens all the time, seems to me. I doubt six months has gone by without some kind of hot rumor in one of these veins or a year without one such rumor blowing up to fairly large proportions

And don’t forget the guy who married Bin and Jessa!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

If so, it's a pretty bad strategy for a family that has built its fortune on godliness and virtue. 

The Duggar family is a house of cards that almost fell once except Jim Bob and his lawyers/media experts managed to prop it back up. If something is going on, and the odds are good there is, eventually, the truth will get out. Derick? Derick?

The only difference between the Duggars and Kardashians is that the Kardashians unashamedly admit how they keep interest going. The Duggars have no virtue to speak of. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, JoanArc said:

This us simply incorrect.  As I’ve said, there are pictures of her up to the Duggers I posted, and now have hastily purged. Plus her being in the background of Counting On.  I did not know her backstory enough to be as disgusted as I am now.  I have no idea what is being investigated, if anything, but I’m angry enough as is.

Thanks for the correction. I should have said there were no posts that I have seen regarding this young cousin. It just upsets me when real people, outside of Scandals #1 and #2, get pulled into speculation that they're being harmed and/or their parents are complete idiots. I was under the impression that no one knows if Anna and Josh have anyone other than their kids living with them, or even if Josh and Anna have a home at this moment.

I hope beyond hope that if anything is going down it has nothing to do with any minor children.

• Love 7

I go back and forth in regard to Anna. Sometimes I think she can be dismissed as an arrogant idiot who stays with a sex pest/predator and keeps reproducing with him because she's too stupid to wipe. Then I remember that she was raised in a cult that taught her from birth that as a woman, her sole value in life was to have regular sex with her headship and churn out baby after baby, cuz Gawd. In her insular world, that's all she heard, so she believed it, and she lives accordingly. 

So I go back and forth...

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I can believe than an actual FBI raid didn’t happen but where there’s smoke there is fire. Especially with Josh.

I hope that no humans have been hurt, (especially a kid) because that would be awful but after the 2nd scandal broke I said Josh would do something ELSE to embarrass his family. JB thinks he has control but Josh is still relatively young. He can only “pretend” to be this Christian family man for so long. 

I completely agree. I’m the one who suggested 19 Scandals and Counting for the Smuggar thread title.  I keep waiting for the next one to happen. I suspect a lot of people feel the same way which is why the rumor got so much attention on social media. 

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, DXD526 said:

I go back and forth in regard to Anna. Sometimes I think she can be dismissed as an arrogant idiot who stays with a sex pest/predator and keeps reproducing with him because she's too stupid to wipe. Then I remember that she was raised in a cult that taught her from birth that as a woman, her sole value in life was to have regular sex with her headship and churn out baby after baby, cuz Gawd. In her insular world, that's all she heard, so she believed it, and she lives accordingly. 

So I go back and forth...

Me, too. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I have such a good suggestion for a rebellious act he could take that would have real -- and good -- consequences. 

Sneak out, Josh, and do the very naughty, super-rebellious, Gothard-defying, sex-related act of -- getting snipped! 

Just sneak around, lie to them all, and do it do it do it! It's so devilish! You could get out a whole lot of super-rebellious, disgruntled, I'm-throwing-all-this-in-your-faces! if-you-only-knew! type feelings. 

Do it! Go for the snip! (And I promise that it won't send you to hell!)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
23 minutes ago, EVS said:

I completely agree. I’m the one who suggested 19 Scandals and Counting for the Smuggar thread title.  I keep waiting for the next one to happen. I suspect a lot of people feel the same way which is why the rumor got so much attention on social media. 

Had they just announced "Nothing is going on! Have a blessed day!" things wouldn't have spiraled. Amy replying in a snarky manner and Amy, Anna, and Jed turning off comments plus the purged photos was just bizarre. 

That being said I would kill to see what all of their IG hits and engagements were last night. I know non-influencers on the platform are struggling now the algorithm has changed. I imagine this might look better to some of the businesses they shill for to see that spike. The spike will likely continue for a few more days. 

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She believes that Smuggar is cured. 

Which is why I primarily feel sorry for Anna.  She’s been drinking the Kool-Aid since birth and is fully brainwashed.  She’s also naive enough to believe that God and the so-called “treatment center” has him 100% cured.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It just upsets me when real people, outside of Scandals #1 and #2, get pulled into speculation that they're being harmed and/or their parents are complete idiots.

I'd argue this is still human trafficking that was under the radar until now. It doesn't have to involve sex to be exploitative.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
21 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Which is why I primarily feel sorry for Anna.  She’s been drinking the Kool-Aid since birth and is fully brainwashed.  She’s also naive enough to believe that God and the so-called “treatment center” has him 100% cured.

I tend to think that Anna is living in willful ignorance about the person she is married to.  She has to believe that Josh is cured.  I do think she was clued into Josh's former sins before she married him.  Not all the details, but enough to know that he had some sort of sexual sin in his past**, he has repented, and she has an important role as a Good Christian Woman(tm) to keep her husband on the straight and narrow--ie. her magical hoo-ha was going to keep him from seeking other outlets for his desires.  For Anna to admit that Josh is still a sex pest, then she would have to admit defeat.  She would have to admit that she is an abject failure because she was not joyfully available enough to keep Josh sated.  No, in Anna's eyes, Josh is cured and is also a great husband and father.  

**to these fundies, that sin could be anything from touching your sleeping sister to banging one out while imagining a threesome with you, Captain American and Bucky ah, I mean two playboy bunnies.  

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I'd argue this is still human trafficking that was under the radar until now. It doesn't have to involve sex to be exploitative.

I 100% would agree. But is it a fact that this child lived with J & A?

My point is that the child would be harmed and the parents crazy idiots if the child lived with J & A. Whether it be as a mother's helper or worse. But if the child has never lived with J & A then the speculation could cause harm and that feels very unfair.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I 100% would agree. But is it a fact that this child lived with J & A?

My point is that the child would be harmed and the parents crazy idiots if the child lived with J & A. Whether it be as a mother's helper or worse. But if the child has never lived with J & A then the speculation could cause harm and that feels very unfair.

Emily is in the background of an episode of CO. Anna has posted several pictures of her (now scrubbed) on SM. The girl has lived in the Smuggar household for about a year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Josh contributed to Derick’s Cross Church grift, Derick recorded a video message to thank him. Also, the Dillards and the Smuggs were photographed having dinner together and went on those stupid quadruple dates with them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I was sick last week, and when I came back online and saw the activity on this topic I assumed that the baby had been born.  Surprise! Once again, scandal breaks when Anna is close to the end of a pregnancy.

Here's a thought: If you have to bring in a live in "helper" maybe you should stop having kids.  

Seriously though, what the hell is wrong with these people?  It's 2019, not 1919.  Even if Josh's past was squeaky clean, who brings in an 11-12 year old as live-in help?  She a MINOR, FFS.  Does Jim Bob really think the public has moved on?  Just because he and Michelle have begun to worm their way back onto the show does not mean all is forgiven.  Some people just never learn, I guess.

ETA: My post was poorly worded.  I doubt that Emily was actually LIVING with Josh and Anna, and I do think that JB, dumb as he is, would understand that would be a very bad idea.  

But I can see them taking this girl in to help her (much like Tyler), except that, she's you know, a girl, and Anna could use some help, so let's kill two birds with one stone.  So she can live at the TTH, but go over to Anna's to help, because, again, she 's a girl, and what else could she possibly do with her time?  That is a scenario I can envision.  And it's possible she was just visiting for a couple of weeks but she still was put to work, because the Duggars are always looking out for themselves.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 14

We have seen pictures of their cousin Emily with Josh and Anna, but we have no proof she's living with them. That's speculation.

A lot of those pictures are still up if you look for them.

The girl could be staying at the TTH and she could be living with her parents. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Thank you.  I tried to link it just before you did and couldn’t.  
So raid was different agency and might have actually been at JB and Michelle’s?  And Jed doesn’t live there? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5