Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Crystal Ball Katie has a couple of sources on the ground in Fayetteville, so she's digging. Apparently, the Duggars were no-shows at church this morning. 

Well then, I’d say SOMETHING is going down.  I wonder if Derrick made an anonymous phone call and got this entire ball rolling?  Wouldn’t that be rich!

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

If she doesn't waste time with stupid rumors why bother answering. 🙄

She's gonna be pissed if the rumor is true. She was super pissed when they cancelled her wedding special after Smug's last scandal.

Screenshot_20191117-143856_Instagram.thumb.jpg.52c06957fbbe44f8658ace149226f716.jpg

Edited by Lunera
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3

Shorter Amy: “Shit, I gotta breastfeed Daxton, shred my incriminating business documents, and tell my chucklehead husband the cigar bar ain’t happening.”

I have such a fear this is going to be BIG. I just hope to be wrong, and also whatever it is no minors were harmed. If it is BIG I hope it’s they stake that finally puts down Dracula. Something they can’t come back from. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

OOOOOHHH DAMN! Amy is defensive AF! Fucking Josh. Kept my ass up all night and we are hung up on a Sunday Night.

Anna is due any moment, no? Mannnnnnn! It's a bad time to be big pregnant. 

Amy has disabled the comments.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Derick deleted a tweet asking if the story of the “raid at the Duggar compound” is true.

I looked back, and it was one person’s comment he deleted. Another one, different person with basically the same question,  is still there. It was posted 16 hours ago.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, FairyDusted said:

The comments are finding any post to slip in the question. I can’t believe I’m watching this shit! And i’m using 2 screens to post and read. 

Gotta be a deprogramming weekend for that. 

Please DONATE

I'm actually hating myself for watching this shit show play out. I am supposed to be working. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

@Zella, I think it's time to take one for the team and head over to the Duggar's neck of the woods. 😁🚗🌳🏠🚓📷😉

Bahahaha I'm actually supposed to be down that way tomorrow. 

I've been checking local reporters' Twitter accounts and so far nothing. 

Has anyone in the family posted anything "normal" today? If they've all gone radio silent, that seems pretty significant.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
54 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Anna has scrubbed all mentions of Cousin Emily from her IG. 

This just gets stranger and stranger.

I was sitting on the Cousin Emily stuff. She's only 11 or 12 years old. ☹️

4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I was sitting on the Cousin Emily stuff. She's only 11 or 12 years old. ☹️

Someone on Reddit that claims to be in law enforcement says that "molesting or sexually abusing a minor is a state issue and not a Federal issue".  

However, if the kid is living with Josh and Anna, someone could've called CPS. With Josh's past, it would be concerning since she's not their child. 

• Useful 6
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Her presence in that house made no sense. Why did they say she was living there? 

So Emily's father Will was the co-founder of Courageous Men of the Word with Dwain Swanson. 

http://courageousmenoftheword.com/

His wife Angela is Michelle's cousin. 

As @Sew Sumi said she was a "helper". She's been with the Smuggars for over a year now. 

Also makes you realize how small these circles really are when Lauren's dad is hanging out with Meech's cousins. 

• Useful 4
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She's a "helper."

The literally live in the compound. Such, such BS. Of course you knew that. 

And honestly - that sounds like trafficking if it’s a year. The Duggars can’t leave their kids alone for 5 mins, but this girl lives with smuggar for a year. IF they are being questioned by police I’m glad they didn’t have 3 years to get their stories straight this time.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 5

I don't see it as trafficking.  I see it as Anna has too many children to take care of and she found a "mother's helper".  That is usually a tween girl who comes and distracts children while the mom can do chores or cook dinner.  I've never heard of a "live-in" at that age.  Very odd, but not necessarily criminal.  

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:
14 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

So Emily's father Will was the co-founder of Courageous Men of the Word with Dwain Swanson. 

Nice to know that irony is not dead, though, right? argh. 

2 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

I don't see it as trafficking.  I see it as Anna has too many children to take care of and she found a "mother's helper".  That is usually a tween girl who comes and distracts children while the mom can do chores or cook dinner.  I've never heard of a "live-in" at that age.  Very odd, but not necessarily criminal.  

Of course it used to happen all the time....for centuries....prior to 1910 or so ....

Good lord. 

Obviously this is why we need the patriarchy keeping the wimmins and gurlz in their place. Somebody has to take care of all those blessings. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

It's criminal if something happened to Emily. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Bewitched said:

Transporting a person, a child at that, to a situation where they work for you, with no means of escape, and no control over anything is human trafficking. It takes many forms, but is still exploitation. Some sites are saying it was only financial exploitation of a minor. I hope that’s true.

• Love 20

Anna clearly didn't have enough daughters in a row to be sister-moms and the Duggars weren't willing to lend out the aunts quite yet. 

Remember that the J'Slaves and Joy were flying to help Anna out quite often while Josh was in DC. And that was when Anna only had 3. I imagine Anna got a wee bit too used to "help" and someone with similar beliefs was willing to farm out their child. For whatever reasons. It seems strange a fundie family would give up the only daughter and at such a young age too.

• Love 5

Agreed with everyone noting that molestation on its own is not federal, so if the FBI came to visit, something much worse happened. For the sake of any potential victims, I really hope whatever it was was financial.

Also agreed with whomever noted that an FBI raid is not subtle. My dad still talks about when the FBI came to Huntsville, AR, back in the 90s. (This is Madison County, where the Forsyths live.) He said there were black SUVs and stern-looking dudes in suits swarming the place, and they didn't care who saw them and they definitely took their time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

It seems strange a fundie family would give up the only daughter and at such a young age too.

Suspicious in the extreme, I’d say. 

3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

hese people are truly vile. Every one of them. 

Amen. 

I do wonder if FBI raids in the SM age aren’t handled differently now...any big blatant effort is likely to end up on SM and be a risk for a potential lawsuit?

FWIW the FBI can investigate without an actual ‘raid’.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Nice to think that a super-godly homeschooling family is a-ok with handing one of its pre-teen children off to work at another homeschool, basically. 

These people are truly vile. Every one of them. 

Not to mention the fact that she got send to live with a guy who molested his younger sisters.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

The raid I talked about happened less than three years ago. If a raid happens, the person/corporation has been watched and investigated for a while and the FBI has more than enough to nail them. The raid is normally the final “gotcha” to make their case. Make no mistake- if the feds come and raid your home, it’s about 99% certain that you’re going to prison. 

Yeah I've read federal cases are usually pretty open and shut, and that's why they have such a high success rate in court. They don't waste time on arresting you and charging you unless they know they have a lot of evidence against you. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm beyond mind-boggled. Even if this FBI raid is rumor, who the hell sends their 11 year-old daughter to live in the home of a known child molester? Jesus Christ, what is wrong with these people? 

Apparently a "Courageous Man of the Word" does, according to reports here. Since her father is nutso Dwain S's partner. 

Very courageous of him, farming out young children to take the strain off his family and help support somebody else's, isn't it? 

School? What's that? She's training to be a meek mother of multitudes, I suppose. 

Edited by Churchhoney
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Apparently a "Courageous Man of the Word" does, according to reports here. 

Very courageous of him, isn't it? 

Very ballsy, anyway.

I’m reminded of some Arkansas state rep who, a few years ago, basically adopted and then ‘rehomed’ a little girl to a new family after having her awhile. I can’t remember the name but it reeked of trafficking. I believe the Duggars supported him politically, too.

edit Justin Harris

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Very ballsy, anyway.

I’m reminded of some Arkansas state rep who, a few years ago, basically adopted and then ‘rehomed’ a little girl to a new family after having her awhile. I can’t remember the name but it reeked of trafficking. I believe the Duggars supported him politically, too.

edit Justin Harris

Yes, that was a huge scandal--I remember that!

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

His wife Angela is Michelle's cousin. 

As @Sew Sumi said she was a "helper". She's been with the Smuggars for over a year now. 

Also makes you realize how small these circles really are when Lauren's dad is hanging out with Meech's cousins. 

No, Will is Michelle's nephew.  I've posted this before. Will (Emily's father) is the son of Michelle's sister Pamela. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
Just now, Zella said:

Yes, that was a huge scandal--I remember that!

Thank God I’m not the only one. I’m pretty sure I read about it on this forum. It is getting off topic so I will not say more, only that this kind of thing is rare, but also happens more than you would expect and is devastating. 

I’m really hoping Jim Bob just used car lots for money laundering, or tried to rip off the Bahamas for $20,000 worth of fuel. That would be bad enough. 

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I do wonder if FBI raids in the SM age aren’t handled differently now...any big blatant effort is likely to end up on SM and be a risk for a potential lawsuit?

Not likely.  Illinois politicians are sometimes the subject of FBI raids ( political corruption).  They dont hide their presence at all. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Temperance said:

No, Will is Michelle's nephew.  I've posted this before. Will (Emily's father) is the son of Michelle's sister Pamela. 

Thanks for correcting! I should have checked closer. It makes you wonder how members of Meech's family ended up fundie too. 

• Love 3