Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I don't know how much Razorbacks tickets go for but here in Iowa City college game tickets are fairly pricey. 

The family in general posts enough about attending Razorbacks home games, I've wondered if they have season tickets and share them among the interested relatives. 

Adding: a lot of folks around here have season tickets. We literally have to plan community events around Hogs games where I live for the volunteering I do. If it's a home game, no matter how shitty they are that season, we just assume people will not attend other events because they will either go to the stadium to watch or will go home to see the game. I have literally watched people stand up in the middle of an event they were otherwise enjoying and leave, so they won't miss the Hogs game where Arkansas will get the shit beat out of them by a more successful SEC rival. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Zella said:

The family in general posts enough about attending Razorbacks home games, I've wondered if they have season tickets and share them among the interested relatives. 

Adding: a lot of folks around here have season tickets. We literally have to plan community events around Hogs games where I live for the volunteering I do. If it's a home game, no matter how shitty they are that season, we just assume people will not attend other events because they will either go to the stadium to watch or will go home to see the game. I have literally watched people stand up in the middle of an event they were otherwise enjoying and leave, so they won't miss the Hogs game where Arkansas will get the shit beat out of them by a more successful SEC rival. 

They kinda do that where I live, but watching the game is optional.  We are Pirates and have a hard limit on watching out team get their asses kicked, but tailgating will always happen.  Not fancy SEC tailgating.  We don't need to dress up to get wasted.   

Getting back to the Duggars,  I can see JB having season tickets. Those look like nice seats.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Go Hawkeyes! (Sadly no longer in Iowa but a lifelong fan)

I’m always surprised that they go to Razorbacks games. Think of all of those hussy cheerleaders!

@doodlebug, aren’t you required to call it THE Ohio State, under penalty of   fines? 

Only when speaking that hallowed name aloud.  And, yes, one of my sisters has a cap with the word 'THE' on it.  Only 'THE'.  And everyone in these parts knows exactly which team she follows.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 16
  • Love 4

Too bad the only way these kids get to go to college is to attend a sporting event. But I guess that's some exposure & who knows, one of them may end up going if they leave the cult.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Too bad the only way these kids get to go to college is to attend a sporting event. But I guess that's some exposure & who knows, one of them may end up going if they leave the cult.

Not until the Duggar’s run out of $ will anyone leave.

8 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

And this is Exhibit A of why Anna won't ever leave the Sex Pest. She would never have this lifestyle as a single mom of 6.

I assume Jim Blob 100% supports them. If he stopped Anna would think about plan b. 

Honestly I don’t think she cares. She has a godly (barf) husband whose only job is to impregnate her. Seriously what does he do all day? Besides eat like a porky pig. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I just do not get it.  They don’t believe in sending their children to public school.  Arkansas is a public university full of people  they consider immoral. As are many of the people at the football game.  Josh has to get unpleasant glances and words said in his direction.  Why go? 

• Love 13

There's Laura DeMaise again sticking her nose in this family's life. They never explained why this grown woman seems to live with them and seems to be overly interested in Jana. Just weird IMO. Laura really needs to speak up for herself, if she's allowed to, and state why she's with this family.

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Personally, I live for the day when the VSE is, “A Duggar Wedding: Jana and Laura.”

Hey, I can dream...

I've never watched the Duggars, and I'd watch the hell out of that, as well as the season leading up to it.  Ratings/money galore, I'm sure.  Are you listening, TLC/Duggars?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

It seems like Laura was brought in to help with "everything" after the majority of older girls got married. Jana can't do everything.  

Jordyn and Johann are more than capable. Jana did it all at their ages. Maybe once they are old enough to drive Laura will get the Duggar retirement plan...marriage to a holy rapist (or child molester is she's really lucky!).

This laura thing is so odd. Surely they realise that it looks very strange that a grown woman clings to them like that?

Don't worry, Josh would never cheat, or feel up a woman without her consent...

Edited by JoanArc
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

As much as we wish and joke of something unorthodox happening with the Duggars, I wonder if they have any clue that it would be ratings gold?  Even if they faked one of them leaving and shunning the Gothard ways, they would pull in so many viewers!   I've said before that I am surprised Famy hasn't  wrote a tell-all at least.

• Love 6
On 9/22/2019 at 5:16 PM, MonicaM said:

the Duggars have no real morals.  I guess as long as the child molester takes an anti-abortion stance, his lying, cheating, molesting ways are a-okay.

Don't you know that in their cult it is not only expected to have a molester in the family it is required because as the asshole once said every family has a molester. 

• Love 1
On 9/23/2019 at 11:35 AM, mythoughtis said:

I just do not get it.  They don’t believe in sending their children to public school.  Arkansas is a public university full of people  they consider immoral. As are many of the people at the football game.  Josh has to get unpleasant glances and words said in his direction.  Why go? 

Think of it as a football team with a university. The coach is probably the highest paid person working there. 

But the athletes work for free.

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 14

I am curious as to where the Duggars park, and how they handle the walk to the stadium.  I can't imagine them doing a dry tailgate.  How do they handle Josh walking by scantily-clad coeds shotgunning beers?  Do they get to the stadium early to try to bypass the tailgaters?  Do they arrive late as to avoid them?  Do they pay for the expensive parking as to avoid the riffraff?

• Useful 6
  • Love 12
49 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I am curious as to where the Duggars park, and how they handle the walk to the stadium.  I can't imagine them doing a dry tailgate.  How do they handle Josh walking by scantily-clad coeds shotgunning beers?  Do they get to the stadium early to try to bypass the tailgaters?  Do they arrive late as to avoid them?  Do they pay for the expensive parking as to avoid the riffraff?

I was thinking along the same lines. Do they put a Cone of Silence around their seats? What if there were a couple of tight tank top wearing coeds sitting in the rows  around them? Do the J'Howlers constantly get "Nikied" & have to stare at their feet the entire game?  What about the foul language?  How do they deal with the totally plastered fans?  

On the other side, do the Duggars try to save the evil  sinners? Do they pass out the Jesus tracts?  Does Mechelle suggest to the scantily clad ladies to cover up? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
On 9/23/2019 at 5:35 AM, floridamom said:

There's Laura DeMaise again sticking her nose in this family's life. They never explained why this grown woman seems to live with them and seems to be overly interested in Jana. Just weird IMO. Laura really needs to speak up for herself, if she's allowed to, and state why she's with this family.

Especially since, early this year, she went on social media and explained how she'd had very little to do with them, ever, and has even less to do with them now. 

And ever since, she's been lurking somewhere in half their family photographs. Not to mention running public events of which Jed is the putative director. 

Something is very very very very very unusual about this woman's life. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20
5 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Think of it as a football team with a university. The coach is probably the highest paid person working there. 

But the athletes work for free.

We're still a plantation culture, unfortunately.

The south did rise again. As the NCAA. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
52 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I was thinking along the same lines. Do they put a Cone of Silence around their seats? What if there were a couple of tight tank top wearing coeds sitting in the rows  around them? Do the J'Howlers constantly get "Nikied" & have to stare at their feet the entire game?  What about the foul language?  How do they deal with the totally plastered fans?  

On the other side, do the Duggars try to save the evil  sinners? Do they pass out the Jesus tracts?  Does Mechelle suggest to the scantily clad ladies to cover up? 

I think it would be enlightening if someone who is among the thousands at those games, notices the Duggar group and reports on how they behave. I believe the whole "Nike!" thing was. if not totally made-for-TV, certainly embellished for TV.

The Duggars live in the South. It's hot and humid for many months of the year, and so many people wear tank tops and shorts, or equivalently revealing clothing, in public, that they'd need to put blindfolds on the kids every time they leave the TTH, if they were serious about "guiding their eyes" or whatever they call their so-called purity measures.

Especially at a college football game in the early fall in Arkansas. Plenty of lovely young women with thighs to die for, displaying them no doubt to great advantage in shorts along with lovely tops showing collarbones, shoulders, and even cleavage. And don't doubt, plenty of those nice young women are Southern Baptists. 

So yeah, I call bullshit on that whole "we're keeping ourselves and our kids safe from the impure influences of the modern world by averting our/their eyes" thing. Not at a Razorbacks game, they're not.

• Love 24
28 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I think it would be enlightening if someone who is among the thousands at those games, notices the Duggar group and reports on how they behave. I believe the whole "Nike!" thing was. if not totally made-for-TV, certainly embellished for TV.

The Duggars live in the South. It's hot and humid for many months of the year, and so many people wear tank tops and shorts, or equivalently revealing clothing, in public, that they'd need to put blindfolds on the kids every time they leave the TTH, if they were serious about "guiding their eyes" or whatever they call their so-called purity measures.

Especially at a college football game in the early fall in Arkansas. Plenty of lovely young women with thighs to die for, displaying them no doubt to great advantage in shorts along with lovely tops showing collarbones, shoulders, and even cleavage. And don't doubt, plenty of those nice young women are Southern Baptists. 

So yeah, I call bullshit on that whole "we're keeping ourselves and our kids safe from the impure influences of the modern world by averting our/their eyes" thing. Not at a Razorbacks game, they're not.

Well, this is father who "treated" his young-adult kids and dates to a fucking-from-the-rear demonstration on a mini-golf course -- on television....

And a pair of parents who weren't actually much bothered by a teenage son's serial molestation of their own young daughters and others....But very upset that non-Duggar-worshiping people knowing about the incident might threaten JB's  and M's accumulation of power, fame and cash. 

So there's a whole lot of precedent for similar hypocrisies in the clan, I'd say. This one is mild and just par for the course, really.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15

I looked on the Razorback Stadium website, and couldn't find if there is a designated 'family zone' which would be free of alcohol (some stadiums have those areas).  It would make sense that they would want to sit there, if available.

I am delighted that U of Arkansas paid the visiting team, San Jose State University, $1.5 million to come play.  Arkansas expected to beat up SJSU, but instead, lost to them 31-24.  SJSU plays in the Mountain West Conference, not a powerhouse conference, but still, it does include BYU and the Air Force Academy, among other colleges.

SJSU has played in 15 'revenue' games since 2010, going 0-14 until the win against Arkansas.  They have generated $10.4 million, which has gone into their sports budget.  I love the humiliation Arkansas has to feel. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, lilwhitelion said:

I looked on the Razorback Stadium website, and couldn't find if there is a designated 'family zone' which would be free of alcohol (some stadiums have those areas).  It would make sense that they would want to sit there, if available.

I am delighted that U of Arkansas paid the visiting team, San Jose State University, $1.5 million to come play.  Arkansas expected to beat up SJSU, but instead, lost to them 31-24.  SJSU plays in the Mountain West Conference, not a powerhouse conference, but still, it does include BYU and the Air Force Academy, among other colleges.

SJSU has played in 15 'revenue' games since 2010, going 0-14 until the win against Arkansas.  They have generated $10.4 million, which has gone into their sports budget.  I love the humiliation Arkansas has to feel. 

That is right up there with my favorite upset of all time--App State traveling up to Ann Arbor back in 2007.  They just did the same to UNC back on Saturday.  I love it when my two least favorite schools lose in spectacular fashion.  

College stadiums have just been able to serve alcohol by the NCAA in the last year or two.  The Razorbacks have probably not gotten around to designing any family sections yet.  If the Duggars do have some type of season tickets, then they will be sitting nowhere near the students.  The pictures posted of the game show them near the 50-yard line which is normally the area for alumni and other season ticket holders.  I don't know if Arkansas is anything like my school where the alumni can drink the students under the table.  The Duggs are probably watching the game with other sedate fans.

• Love 4

I’d forgotten that it’s only recently that college stadiums have allowed alcohol sales. We were at Vandy when visiting Georgia was upset. We were surrounded by very drunk Georgia students/alums who had done lots of pre-game drinking on the bus ride down. Fun to needle them - they were good sports about it!

• Love 3

I bet the Duggars think that people at the football games are thrilled to see them and sit close to them, as they’re such “big celebrities” (in their minds).  When Boob goes he probably brings pictures of his family to autograph and pass out, and hopes people ask to take pictures with them.  I can just picture him arrogantly walking to his seat, imagining everyone around him is in awe of his presence.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Prior to TLC I think it was easy for the Duggars to play the Nike game, because they barely left the compound. Prior to TLC is was easy for the Duggars to say sports were off limits because they had no money to attend games. Prior to TLC it was easy to say they limited and monitored the internet because they had two or three PCs among the entire bunch.

Now they mix with the masses at sports games and local and non-local themes parks. Now each kid has access to laptops and iPhones. Much easier to follow their self-imposed, self-sacrificing rules when they didn't have the means to do otherwise.

Now they ignore all the things they touted and go on they merry way. I guess they found a new way of "doing things differently".

• Love 23
9 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Especially since, early this year, she went on social media and explained how she'd had very little to do with them, ever, and has even less to do with them now. 

And ever since, she's been lurking somewhere in half their family photographs. Not to mention running public events of which Jed is the putative director. 

Something is very very very very very unusual about this woman's life. 

Someone over on the "Lonely Js Club" thread pointed out that Laura works for Embassy Media, a fundie PR business and speculated that she's their media coach.

• Useful 10
  • Love 2
Just now, Albanyguy said:

Someone over on the "Lonely Js Club" thread pointed out that Laura works for Embassy Media, a fundie PR business and speculated that she's their media coach.

Yep. Just saw that, too. Makes sense, I guess, since they'd want somebody who shared their exact idiocy  beliefs. And there probably aren't that many Gothardite media "experts" around.....

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think she quit Embassy a couple of years ago, around the time she was seen with the Duggars all the time.

She may have quit the organization per se, but still practices her techniques for the Duggars. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

We're still a plantation culture, unfortunately.

The south did rise again. As the NCAA. 

Thanks for the food for thought. I avoid sports at all cost, but this seems like a topic worthy of more investigation! 

7 hours ago, lilwhitelion said:

Wow. I had  no idea they paid visiting teams to come and play. 

yeah, I’m really curious how they deal with all the drinking, shorts, and tank tops that must be all around them at games.  Terrible influence for the #littleduggars!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, awaken said:

Thanks for the food for thought. I avoid sports at all cost, but this seems like a topic worthy of more investigation! 

Oh, it is, unfortunately....

Don't get me started! 😱

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5

Anna looks so different now from this wedding picture! And her miscarriage is in heaven too. I have to laugh at her calling Josh’s issues a walk through shadows of sorrow. I wonder if they ever had an honest conversation about any of it. Somehow I doubt it.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Yes indeed, I am sure being young and married to Joshua Duggar has been nothing but laughs.  Anna's insistence that her marriage is heaven on earth is truly pathetic.

I don't mind her mention of her miscarriage, but the marriage part??? Yikes! I would not be celebrating being married to that slug. 

2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Anna looks so different now from this wedding picture! And her miscarriage is in heaven too. I have to laugh at her calling Josh’s issues a walk through shadows of sorrow. I wonder if they ever had an honest conversation about any of it. Somehow I doubt it.

Of course they haven't. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

What would be the point?  He knows that unless he files for divorce and flees the country, she'll be right there, acting as if everything is fine and regularly producing babies until she hits menopause and the baby factory closes. 

I can't stand Josh, but I can't stand Anna either.   Her husband's scandals didn't stop the baby train, and now she's trying to claw her way back up to the status she once held (or at least thought she held) as the one to be envied by the rest of the fundie community.

• Love 15
47 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

What would be the point?  He knows that unless he files for divorce and flees the country, she'll be right there, acting as if everything is fine and regularly producing babies until she hits menopause and the baby factory closes. 

I can't stand Josh, but I can't stand Anna either.   Her husband's scandals didn't stop the baby train, and now she's trying to claw her way back up to the status she once held (or at least thought she held) as the one to be envied by the rest of the fundie community.

I do feel badly for Anna.  She’s a product of her upbringing and is totally brainwashed.  I’m not sure she would divorce him even if she knew he was molesting his own daughters.

• Love 1