Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

Anna's (and Jed's) Instagram comments are all open. However, not one negative comment has been posted. I'm assuming they hired someone (or some company) to immediately delete anything negative posted because, from my cursory checking, there seems to be nothing but praise on the pictures posted. 

3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm completely confused. Duggars are denying, multiple news sources are quoting Homeland, confirming. I'm assuming People wouldn't publish without fact-checking, so what gives?

Yeah I don't think People would go to press without fact-checking. Also, just as far as local sources go, Channel 5 (the local CBS affiliate) is usually the most trusted/most widely viewed channel around here. When they ran this earlier tonight, that convinced me something went down. I am currently waiting for Channel 5's 10 o clock newscast. The 9 o clock one on a different channel didn't show anything, but I don't really like that channel anyway. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 7

Is the original source the local news channel?

I find it hard to believe that a local news channel would run a story made up out of thin air given the local prominence of the Duggars. They did cite an unnamed source who “wouldn’t deny” a raid had happened but parts were bracketed as if they’d been paraphrased. If it turns out that the HSI source was faked or if the actual comment was, “I can’t confirm or deny” or words to that effect, someone is getting fired, at a minimum.

Would People run with it given the local news channel source? Probably. I don’t think of People as being a bastion of journalistic standards.

As for Crystal Ball whatever...that’s just internet chatter. It’s that local news report that really got this rolling again.

Now do I believe the Duggars would lie? Hell, yes.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Is the original source the local news channel?

I find it hard to believe that a local news channel would run a story made up out of thin air given the local prominence of the Duggars. They did cite an unnamed source who “wouldn’t deny” a raid had happened but parts were bracketed as if they’d been paraphrased. If it turns out that the HSI source was faked or if the actual comment was, “I can’t confirm or deny” or words to that effect, someone is getting fired, at a minimum.

Would People run with it given the local news channel source? Probably. I don’t think of People as being a bastion of journalistic standards.

As for Crystal Ball whatever...that’s just internet chatter. It’s that local news report that really got this rolling again.

Now do I believe the Duggars would lie? Hell, yes.

I don't believe Channel 5 broke it. I think KNWA (the NBC affiliate) did. I don't get NBC, so I can't watch their newscast. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 4
Just now, SuspiciousMind said:

Excellent and concise report, Zella. Thank you.

Thank you! I'll keep an eye on the local coverage. Maybe some more breadcrumbs will tumble out. 🙂 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Holy shit. How reliable is this Katie?

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

She has contacts in NWA.

I’m pretty sure she was also at the heart of all the DV allegations with Amber Portwood from Teen Mom OG... she seems like an internet notoriety chaser, and with her backing off her previous statement about the Duggar’s but then doubling down and including allegations against even more people when the DHS raid came out... IDK if I believe her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, luvbadtv said:

Sounds like the Duggars may just be as cocky as the Giudices were.  Why air your life on a tv show if you are doing something illegal?

Because Jesus is watching over them and protecting them from the godless government.

• LOL 11
  • Love 8

The Josh real estate scandal was also mentioned in People. 

"Currently, Josh is in the middle of a real estate lawsuit. In September, KARK.com reported that a three-day jury trial is set for Josh, who is “accused of fraud and is being sued for ‘quiet title’ and breaching a contract, according to court records.” The trial reportedly begins April 27, 2020."

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Standing ovation, PikaScrewChu.

Bravissimo!

But seriously heh, they photoshopped a bicep on Joe!

I forgot to put in that they thought Joe and Kendra's exclusive baby shoot would distract too. Once you get to the umpteenth grandchild, no one cares. Pull out the big guns, like all of a sudden renouncing how you treated the LGBTQ community if you want to distract and deflect. 

I'm utterly shocked that the family has been chasing fame for how long and has been burned so many times doesn't even know how to stop an internet rumor in its tracks. Troy McClure was better at keeping his fish fetish under wraps FFS.

• LOL 15
  • Love 3

Well Hell I was catching up in the prayer closet and looky what pops up again. I sure as hell hope it was serious money laundering and Josh and Boob go to jail. It would serve the old man right so having his name on every damn thing.

• Love 22
1 minute ago, FairyDusted said:

Well Hell I was catching up in the prayer closet and looky what pops up again. I sure as hell hope it was serious money laundering and Josh and Boob go to jail. It would serve the old man right so having his name on every damn thing.

At the very least please let Boob be required to open up all the skeletons in his financial closet.  

It occurs to me that real prison is probably the only way to stop the Smuggar baby train. As Picard would say, make it so. 

• Love 19

It seems odd a raid was only conducted at the business and not at Josh's home - or wherever he's living. The Duggars have a lot of gun-type weapons like the ones shown in the Round House pics. Maybe Josh was selling guns out of the car lot without a license?

But then again, what was raided besides the car lot? For any kind of crime, law enforcement would want all electronic devices.

I wonder if, when Homeland Security arrived, Josh said, "You'll have to ask my dad".

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
41 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I have my fingers crossed that it's financial fraud and Boob's pretend empire comes crashing down. I can't tell you how much I despise him. Drag him off to jail.

Maybe it is some type of financial fraud. JB may have become emboldened due to the current example being set my those in higher office.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

Sounds like the Duggars may just be as cocky as the Giudices were.  Why air your life on a tv show if you are doing something illegal?

But in their minds these days they are doing every above board nothing they do is illegal. 

• Love 8