Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

That's quite a good recap, @Zahdii. Thanks!

The only thing I would add is that although the deeds may have stated something like "Ten Dollars and Other Good and Valuable Consideration," that doesn't mean the property actually changed hands for ten dollars. It's legal boilerplate. We really can't tell just from deed language what money changed hands in any of those property transfers. I'm sure JB didn't charge his relatives anything like market price. However, it's possible that some money (more than ten bucks) was involved in some of those deals - and we will never know. 

• Love 10
17 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Despite no education, job skills, or experience, if Anna leaves Josh, she doesn't have to worry.  She can always get child support and alimo. . . . . . . nevermind. 

She’d probably get $100 a month for everything. 

5 hours ago, Zahdii said:

The huge home Jill and Derek lived in was sold after the Dillard's wandered off to scary Central America.

Don't remember who lives in the log cabin, or if it even is a cabin.  Maybe Josiah and the drama llama live there now, maybe it's JD and the giggler.

Grandma Duggar lived in the house across the road from the Dugga'rs for a few years until her death.  Before that, a family friend who was, I believe a midwife and delivered a few of the Duggar grandchildren, lived there.  Jill and Derek lived there for a time after they returned from CA, don't know if Grandma lived there at the same time.

The tin guest house is attached to a warehouse that JB keeps his extra stuff in.  JB seems to be a bit of a hoarder, and the warehouse has old cribs, car seats, furniture, tools, etc in it.  I don't know how many bedrooms the guest house has in it, or if it has a separate entrance to it.  Some people think that Josh and Anna live there now.  Ben lived there for a time when JB convinced his family to let him stay there before the wedding.

The mold house was first lived in by Josh and Anna.  It's small and the show had fun showing how crowded it was when J&A had a couple of siblings over for dinner, and once everyone was seated at the table, Anna had to crawl out of her chair and under the table to get more butter or something.  Josh could have stood up and let her through, but no one seemed to think that he should be forced to inconvenience himself.  

Then it was lived in by Grandma Duggar a few years ago.  She owned it at the time, but it's thought that JB bought it for her.  She 'sold' the house to JB for a pittance after she left to go live with her daughter, Deanna (who is Amy's mother), after Deanna divorced her husband.  Amy may have lived there for a time before she got married to Dillon King.  The mold house was rented out for a year or two to a non family member.  The renter moved out when it was discovered that a leaky roof and windows had allowed mold to grow and JB was slow to fix the issue.  JB finally had the house properly renovated when he decided to let Jessa and Ben move in.  A couple of years later they 'bought' it from JB for a small amount of money.

Joy and Austin lived in a travel trailer, but they have bought a derelict home, again, from JimBob for an astoundingly low price.  They've been working hard to fix it up, and I think they may have already moved in.

Jill and Derek recently bought a small three or four bedroom house in a recently built subdivision, and it appears that they actually bought it, although where they got the money is up to debate.  I hope they don't have many more kids, because Jill and Derek have one bedroom, Derek has another one to use as an office/study room/man cave, and the two boys share another one.  If there is a forth bedroom, it's considered a guest room, but to my knowledge they've never had a guest stay over.

Jinger and Jeremy are living in California in a very nice large home provided for them by The Master’s Seminary, where he is said to attend.  TMS has a checkered past, but Jeremy doesn't seem to mind.  Although he has posted pictures of him studying for exams, the couple and their infant daughter spend an inordinate amount of time posting about events they attend, restaurants they eat at, people they hang out with, day trips, and frequent trips to visit their relatives.  Jeremy also spends a lot of time and money honing his wardrobe, liking European menswear sites online and collecting pocket squares (fancy handkerchiefs).  He's very excited about the recent interest in Kanye West's 'spiritual awakening', attending services at his church, and posting a lengthy video informing us that Kanye is the real thing and we should all believe that West's well-known mental health issues have nothing to do with his instance that he is "greatest artist that God has ever created".  In addition to their shared religious views, perhaps Jeremy also feels a connection to West because they both have professed a love of fashion.  I bet Jeremy is eagerly awaiting the day he can get West's attention by buying a pair of West's leather jogging pants.  He could use them, too, as Jeremy appears to have put on the dreaded 'freshman 15' in recent months.

Jed is renting a house in the district he's running for Arkansas House of Representatives, but no one knows if he's actually living there.  He has to live in the district he's running in, but he's also supposed to live there for a year and there was no mention of him living away from home until very recently.  He put out a statement saying he doesn't know what's going on with the Homeland Security thing the rest of his family are dealing with, because he doesn't live there.  I guess everyone is supposed to think that no longer living with your parents means that you never talk to them or other siblings, even when they make the news because Federal Agents are wandering around asking questions about who knows what.

I think that's all the so-called adult Duggar's that have flown the coop.  I may have left someone out, and I'm pulling all of this information from memory, so I don't know how accurate it is.  If anyone has better information, I'm sure they'll chime in.

Drama llama, loving it!  hehe.

I call Kendra "The Titterer."  Giggler works, too.

Your memory is very good.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Zahdii said:

The huge home Jill and Derek lived in was sold after the Dillard's wandered off to scary Central America.

Don't remember who lives in the log cabin, or if it even is a cabin.  Maybe Josiah and the drama llama live there now, maybe it's JD and the giggler.

Grandma Duggar lived in the house across the road from the Dugga'rs for a few years until her death.  Before that, a family friend who was, I believe a midwife and delivered a few of the Duggar grandchildren, lived there.  Jill and Derek lived there for a time after they returned from CA, don't know if Grandma lived there at the same time.

The tin guest house is attached to a warehouse that JB keeps his extra stuff in.  JB seems to be a bit of a hoarder, and the warehouse has old cribs, car seats, furniture, tools, etc in it.  I don't know how many bedrooms the guest house has in it, or if it has a separate entrance to it.  Some people think that Josh and Anna live there now.  Ben lived there for a time when JB convinced his family to let him stay there before the wedding.

The mold house was first lived in by Josh and Anna.  It's small and the show had fun showing how crowded it was when J&A had a couple of siblings over for dinner, and once everyone was seated at the table, Anna had to crawl out of her chair and under the table to get more butter or something.  Josh could have stood up and let her through, but no one seemed to think that he should be forced to inconvenience himself.  

Then it was lived in by Grandma Duggar a few years ago.  She owned it at the time, but it's thought that JB bought it for her.  She 'sold' the house to JB for a pittance after she left to go live with her daughter, Deanna (who is Amy's mother), after Deanna divorced her husband.  Amy may have lived there for a time before she got married to Dillon King.  The mold house was rented out for a year or two to a non family member.  The renter moved out when it was discovered that a leaky roof and windows had allowed mold to grow and JB was slow to fix the issue.  JB finally had the house properly renovated when he decided to let Jessa and Ben move in.  A couple of years later they 'bought' it from JB for a small amount of money.

Joy and Austin lived in a travel trailer, but they have bought a derelict home, again, from JimBob for an astoundingly low price.  They've been working hard to fix it up, and I think they may have already moved in.

Jill and Derek recently bought a small three or four bedroom house in a recently built subdivision, and it appears that they actually bought it, although where they got the money is up to debate.  I hope they don't have many more kids, because Jill and Derek have one bedroom, Derek has another one to use as an office/study room/man cave, and the two boys share another one.  If there is a forth bedroom, it's considered a guest room, but to my knowledge they've never had a guest stay over.

Jinger and Jeremy are living in California in a very nice large home provided for them by The Master’s Seminary, where he is said to attend.  TMS has a checkered past, but Jeremy doesn't seem to mind.  Although he has posted pictures of him studying for exams, the couple and their infant daughter spend an inordinate amount of time posting about events they attend, restaurants they eat at, people they hang out with, day trips, and frequent trips to visit their relatives.  Jeremy also spends a lot of time and money honing his wardrobe, liking European menswear sites online and collecting pocket squares (fancy handkerchiefs).  He's very excited about the recent interest in Kanye West's 'spiritual awakening', attending services at his church, and posting a lengthy video informing us that Kanye is the real thing and we should all believe that West's well-known mental health issues have nothing to do with his instance that he is "greatest artist that God has ever created".  In addition to their shared religious views, perhaps Jeremy also feels a connection to West because they both have professed a love of fashion.  I bet Jeremy is eagerly awaiting the day he can get West's attention by buying a pair of West's leather jogging pants.  He could use them, too, as Jeremy appears to have put on the dreaded 'freshman 15' in recent months.

Jed is renting a house in the district he's running for Arkansas House of Representatives, but no one knows if he's actually living there.  He has to live in the district he's running in, but he's also supposed to live there for a year and there was no mention of him living away from home until very recently.  He put out a statement saying he doesn't know what's going on with the Homeland Security thing the rest of his family are dealing with, because he doesn't live there.  I guess everyone is supposed to think that no longer living with your parents means that you never talk to them or other siblings, even when they make the news because Federal Agents are wandering around asking questions about who knows what.

I think that's all the so-called adult Duggar's that have flown the coop.  I may have left someone out, and I'm pulling all of this information from memory, so I don't know how accurate it is.  If anyone has better information, I'm sure they'll chime in.

Joe and Kendra live in the log cabin. Josiah and the drama llama live in a small house in Lowell (same town as Jill and Derelict). I haven't done due diligence regarding Josiah's place, so I don't know if he owns or is renting. 

eta: Didn't find anything in Josiah's name, so I looked up Boobchelle. They own a ton of property, but nothing that I can see in Lowell. Is Siah really renting from a third party? Maybe @Zella can dig deeper. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Joe and Kendra live in the log cabin. Josiah and the drama llama live in a small house in Lowell (same town as Jill and Derelict). I haven't done due diligence regarding Josiah's place, so I don't know if he owns or is renting. 

eta: Didn't find anything in Josiah's name, so I looked up Boobchelle. They own a ton of property, but nothing that I can see in Lowell. Is Siah really renting from a third party? Maybe @Zella can dig deeper. 

The issue might be that I don't think Benton's property records (the county Lowell is in) is available for viewing like Washington County's is. That or the website I always look at, at least, doesn't have property info for Benton. 

Ah I am finding a shitload of Duggar stuff on Benton's actual website. Including property owned by Josiah and Lauren. 

But what I am finding for Josiah and Lauren is in Siloam Springs, rather than Lowell. Not finding anything in Lowell for any of them. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh, I was searching Washington county. 

Interesting that it looks like Josiah is really renting. I imagine the parcel in Sialom Springs is unimproved? 

Looks like just lots--they have 2 of them. Could the property in Lowell belong to Lauren's parents?

Edited by Zella

Nothing under Dwain Swanson. There is a Swanson Properties LLC, but I don't know if that's his shell game. There are other Swansons.

eta: Nothing in Lowell under the LLC. That property is all in a town called Bella Vista. So, I think we need to conclude that Josiah's house isn't owned by either set of parents.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 2
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Nothing under Dwain Swanson. There is a Swanson Properties LLC, but I don't know if that's his shell game. There are other Swansons.

eta: Nothing in Lowell under the LLC. That property is all in a town called Bella Vista. So, I think we need to conclude that Josiah's house isn't owned by either set of parents.

I found a lowell address for him on his voter records, and the property is owned by someone named Swicegood. ?

4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Does anyone remember Josiah's address from the helicopter article? I'm pretty sure a street was listed.

Here's what I found about the helicopter landing in a neighborhood in Lowell:

The home is in a residential neighborhood on E. Monroe Ave., just west of Ward Nail Park.” But they also noted that it’s “not illegal” to land in the neighborhood.

• Useful 1
On 11/22/2019 at 11:03 AM, Zahdii said:

There's also the a real guest house at TTH which is nicer than the tin house on the TTH property. 

There is a log cabin as well on the TTH property. Last I knew the log cabin is where Joe and Kendra live although I could see JB giving them a larger house for their growing brood. 

I think Grandma Mary sold the mold house to Ben and Jessa directly and not to JB. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, Temperance said:

There's also the a real guest house at TTH which is nicer than the tin house on the TTH property. 

There is a log cabin as well on the TTH property. Last I knew the log cabin is where Joe and Kendra live although I could see JB giving them a larger house for their growing brood. 

I think Grandma Mary sold the mold house to Ben and Jessa directly and not to JB. 

I thought Joe & Kendra moved out of the log cabin.  I think they were talking about it at the end of last season on the episode where the couples were asked what the next year held for them. IIRC, Kendra said in a nice way it will be nice having more privacy by living away from the Duggar homestead.  

It looks like the Smuggar family is staying in the nicer guest house  from Anna's pre-Thanksgiving pictures. This is the one that has been shown on the show for some of the THs & Abbie's bridal gown fashion show.  (Different from the upstair room in the storage warehouse Ben stayed in.)

Edited by Barb23
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, OpieTaylor said:

How about JD and Abbie - where do they live? (Did I miss it above?)

I was wondering the same thing. Last I heard, they went to church in Centerton, which is a bit out of the way if they live in the Tontitown area with the others. If they lived around there, though, it would seem less weird to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

How about JD and Abbie - where do they live? (Did I miss it above?)

In an airplane hangar, of course.

One of Joshley's male offspring is wearing a braceletty-type thing on his wrist....wouldn't that be an Alert-friendly activity? Or is he copying his dad's ankle monitor?

• LOL 21
2 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm beginning to think that coffee cup is permanently attached to Jana's hand.

They've been posting about it less, but the Maxwell single women also love their coffee. 

In case this seems off topic, I think Josh and Anna will give their daughter the middle name Leona as a nod to Grandma Mary. 

• Useful 2
51 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

They look so frumpy. 

That's being nice.  I've never seen so many competing layers.

That poor little J or M girl (don't know the difference)....no normal kid her age would be caught dead in that frilly outfit.....and is she looking over microfiber dusters?..... as in getting ready to go forth and dust?

Not worth the piece of chocolate, kid....run!

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
21 minutes ago, drafan said:

That poor little J or M girl (don't know the difference)....no normal kid her age would be caught dead in that frilly outfit.....and is she looking over microfiber dusters?..... as in getting ready to go forth and dust?

That's Mckenzie (or however it's spelled)... and I just got through saying on the other thread how Anna dresses her kids better that the Lost Girls. Guess I have to take that back...

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
46 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

They look like sister wives. 

Jana has to drink coffee to keep up with her kids ahem siblings. 

Don't all 30ish year old women and their best friends (Jana/Laura) dress like twins? Oh wait. 12 year olds do that. Silly me.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5

I wonder about the communal closet these days for the girls. Josie is so much smaller than her sisters, and Hannie looks almost halfway decent most of the time. That leaves just Jenni and Jordyn. They aren't even close to being the same size.

The boys, however... I bet they're sharing. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, awaken said:

Laura is wearing full fledged jeans under her dress/tunic/long shirt. 

She always wears jeans under dresses, she isn't allowed to show her crotch around the Duggars. I have noticed that sometimes she rolls up her dress for the pictures she posts on her page.

Screenshot_20191124-221350.jpg.be0ffbf9c7e0a3da2a601fe06fbfcb6f.jpgScreenshot_20191124-221418.thumb.jpg.c1a2942cccf428b7dbf89bb19dd516da.jpg

• Useful 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Since when are Jessa and Anna BFF's? 

To be fair, they do have a little bit of a bond because of both being #5 in their respective families. Wasn't it Jessa who first knew the gender of either Mack or Mike?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I see the rumor mill says there’s two official looking vans and a police car near the Duggar compound.  Take with an entire shaker of salt.

I hope they enjoy their day at Silverdollar city. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
41 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I assume because both rely on Jim 100% for $$$. Neither headship is working outside of the compound. 

Josh working 🤣🤣🤣

I agree about Josh. But I'm not so sure about Ben. Neither he nor Jessa have said on SM, or I think on the show, what he's doing. He recently posted something on social media about his kids greeting him when he gets "home from work." Ben could be working for a person or company that doesn't want to be publicly identified as employing a Duggar or in-law. Or, for that matter, has a policy against employees posting information about them on social media - regardless of whether the employee is on TV or not. Many businesses just don't want the potential hassles of that stuff. 

Jessa is by nature rather canny and good at keeping "secrets" from the public, sometimes to control the timing of release of information and also just to keep things to herself. I think Ben got his fingers burned after some over-enthusiastic preaching/ranting posts on social media a few years ago. Either because Jessa says so or because it's his own preference too, he became much more discreet on social media. 

Sure, Ben could be working for JB, but I'm not going to assume that. Although he was very young when he married into Duggarworld, he'd already held "real" if modest jobs and gone to community college. We snark about him cleaning toilets when he was courting or engaged to Jessa but I'm sure he has moved on from that long since.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8

Michelle's recent comments on the show indicated that Ben was homeschooling the kids. I don't think if he held a real 'outside of Duggardom job' that he would be able to homeschool the children. Perhaps that IS his job at this time. They are evasive when they want to be.

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I see the rumor mill says there’s two official looking vans and a police car near the Duggar compound.  Take with an entire shaker of salt.

I hope they enjoy their day at Silverdollar city. 

If so, pressing F to pay respects. 

F

• Love 1