Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Yes, I can think of some things that your gross hubby may be doing. Right now. In the other room. On his burner phone.

I hope Amy Roloff finds out about this constant use of "littles" and #littleduggars" and beats her stupid ass.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

So they went with Mary. I was surprised that no one else used it, or Leona. I was sure Joe and Kendra would scoop that up. That's why I don't participate in baby naming pools. 😂

To be fair, Anna's whole thing is the M name. It would have been a dick move if Lauren named Bella Mary. (although Mary Milagro has a ring to it that isnt terrible)

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

Maryella......Cuz Mary just isn't good enough. Bless her heart. 

Probably similar to Johannah in that they really liked a name (in this case Ella), but it didn't fit with the letter theme. At least Mary pairs nicely with it. Will be interesting to see if they mostly call her Ella, though. Because cousins Bella and Ella born within weeks of each other aren't confusing at all...

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

This almost reminds me of when Kim Kardashian said that they wouldn't use North for their kid and ended up using North.

Anna strikes me as the one who wants to keep proving she is the most worthy Duggar-in-law and most Duggar of them all. Of course she would find a way to put "Mary" in there.

She's going to have a fit if Kendra, Joy, or Lauren surpass her in the birth total. 

• Love 10

Not a terrible name.  At least They didn’t go with Michelle!  

That it’s a beautiful day to be born sign looks like it came straight out of a cafeteria  special of the Day board.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 17
  • Love 4
On 11/21/2019 at 4:21 PM, BigBingerBro said:

I seriously think that Anna believes her ultimate redemption will happen when she becomes Michelle 2.0 and has over a dozen kids.  hashtag littleduggars anyone?   Unfortunately nothing will erase her husbands past.  In my mind all she's doing is setting herself up for more stress and heartache.  I just hope she has enough common sense to make sure there is something they can all fall back on once the gravy-train derails once and for all.  

My bet is Josh walks out once the gravy train is derails. If he's smart, he's got a hidden cash box or savings account he's slipping small amounts of money into as a backup. Anna's screwed either way, because neither of them have any marketable skills and minimum wage jobs won't pay for childcare, let alone housing, food, medical, clothes, and everything else.

ETA: I figured Josh and Anna would name the baby some version of Mary, since it goes with their 'M' scheme. Maryella Hope is a pretty name. Welcome to the world, baby girl. Too bad you got stuck with Josh Duggar for a daddy.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Zella said:

Me either! Is this the last one until Abby's baby hatches in january? 

Probably, and then just in time for another round of new pregnancy announcements!  👍🏼

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

All of Anna's babies have been born in odd years, so she's probably good until 2021. Jill & Jinger need to get busy or they're going to be left behind by more productive siblings.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

Mariella means "star of the sea" I don't like the spelling,  I think she should have gone with Mary Ella or Mariella. 

My first thought was, will she unjustly accuse Tom Robinson. 

The name wouldn't be so bad if it were broken into two names. Mary Ella is meh. Mariella is okay. Maryella is bad. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

Picture looks like she was born at home. I wonder if Josh is helping, or if Anna had to put the kids to bed herself tonight. Hopefully, he'll take the M kids over to the TTH tomorrow and let Anna rest. 

Josh help with kids or anything? Trust me he is doing nothing. Jana is probably over helping with everything. 

Sex pest is snoring in bed while holding a sandwich.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Don't they call Meredith "Dithy?" Sure, that name won't last after she's 10, but for now, they're okay.

eta: Did Anna really say she wasn't going to use Mary? If she did, I missed it!

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Don't they call Meredith "Dithy?" Sure, that name won't last after she's 10, but for now, they're okay.

eta: Did Anna really say she wasn't going to use Mary? If she did, I missed it!

She did say they weren't going to use Mary because they call Meredith, Merry. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

So they went with Mary. I was surprised that no one else used it, or Leona. I was sure Joe and Kendra would scoop that up. That's why I don't participate in baby naming pools. 😂

On the other hand, @Saylii here and three people at FJ guessed Bella Milagro. 

6 hours ago, allonsyalice said:

To be fair, Anna's whole thing is the M name. It would have been a dick move if Lauren named Bella Mary. (although Mary Milagro has a ring to it that isnt terrible)

I don't actually think it would have a bad choice to name her Bella Mary or Mary Milagro. I think Bella is fine on it's own.  It's her husband's grandmother as well as Josh's. 

Maryella is pretty, but one of my least favorite names. I'm not a fan of two names as one usually. The Duggars kind of did that with Joy Anna, but there is a space between Joy and Anna. Christopher and Anna Marie Maxwell did that with their oldest daughter Ruthanne (one word). 

Ella is very popular and trendy. I like both names, but not as one.  It's already hard enough to have your own identity in big family and now with a name similar to other family members only makes it harder. I would have gone with Molly or Marie in honor of Mary.

Welcome to the world Maryella! May your generation have the courage and tenacity to leave the cult and find the real world! May you realise you have potential to do almost anything you set out to! May you carve out your identity and find something that makes you happy!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

The name wouldn't be so bad if it were broken into two names. Mary Ella is meh. Mariella is okay. Maryella is bad. 

I agree either break it into two names or spell it Mariella

Every time I look at Maryella I keep seeing MarYELLA....  Like that Disney movie... Old Yeller

That's all I got. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

Man, I don’t know why I didn’t pick Josh and Anna for Mary since the M thing is their schtick.  I guess it would’ve helped if I’d remembered they existed. 

Maryella Hope isn’t awful.  Mary was a given, plus they’re probably running out of good M names and liked Ella by itself. Bella and Ella are a little too close to Annabell for me, especially considering they were all due around the same time but it’s not my call to make. 

• Love 5

What a lovely tribute to Grandma Mary and Janarella 😂

Seriously, Mary is a lovely name and can be easily paired with middle names like Ann (would have been lovely) or Beth, Catherine - even Lou. And they already call Meredith "Merry" - for Pete's sake! What is wrong with these people?

• Love 18
10 hours ago, Nysha said:

My bet is Josh walks out once the gravy train is derails. If he's smart, he's got a hidden cash box or savings account he's slipping small amounts of money into as a backup. Anna's screwed either way, because neither of them have any marketable skills and minimum wage jobs won't pay for childcare, let alone housing, food, medical, clothes, and everything else.

If the Duggar Train derails, I fully suspect Josh will bail (on the fence about if he'll take Anna or if she'd go if he even tried.) and have a tell-all ghostwritten. THAT'S how he'll fund everything.  I also think Derrick will too....but it won't be as juicy so it won't be successful. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, asuwur said:

If the Duggar Train derails, I fully suspect Josh will bail (on the fence about if he'll take Anna or if she'd go if he even tried.) and have a tell-all ghostwritten. THAT'S how he'll fund everything.  I also think Derrick will too....but it won't be as juicy so it won't be successful. 

I don't know. Josh is still the Once and Forever Crown Prince of Duggardom in Michelle's opinion. Which is the only one that counts. IMO, as long as JB has enough assets to keep a roof over a dozen heads, the Sex Pest and his family will be first in line for house room and board.

Edited by Jeeves
clarity. it's a thing.
  • Love 10