Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Brown eyed girl said:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140330013012/http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/topic/3146312-19-kids-and-counting-and-other-duggar-family-programs/

here’s the link for the old TWOP. You guys need to read it, everyone’s talking about how cute smuggar is. lol

sick flu GIF

Holy shit. It’s been thirteen years and everyone is pretty much posting exactly what we do here.

With the obvious exception of Smuggar being “hot,” which I’m choosing to believe was a post by Anna using as alias.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

So I went down the rabbit hole and read almost 50 pages of the old TWOP posts about the Duggars.  Interestingly, there were whispers about Josh molesting his sisters in May of 2007, and most posters did not believe it.  There was a lot of "I know they are weird, but come on, that's crazy!"  I guess that is when the source who knew the family originally posted on some forum, but sadly, not many people believed her.  Hindsight is a funny thing...

Also, lots of "Jessa is gorgeous" posts.  She was almost 15 at that time.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5
On 3/23/2019 at 12:47 PM, bythelake said:

I love Harlan Coben.. He lives 2 towns away from us. He and Mary Higgins Clark always include local haunts in their novels. Makes them more fun to read,and probably gets them lots of free dinners.

MHC is getting a little long in the tooth, and her novels are all the same, working girl in trouble,handsome guy comes and saves her.

Yes, I traded MHC for Sandra Brown years ago.  She’s a lot edgier.  

This is just another thing the Dugaars miss out on. They might read a few cheesy novels on waiting for Mr. Right, but there’s no substitute for leisurely reading an author you love.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 4

This is totally a guess from life observation of being a current homeschooler and raised IFB etc. 

Their followers are not wealthy people. Most are mothers.  Stay at home mothers.  Mothers are not known for their splurge purchases on stuff that they don't need. I've noticed some older ladies following the Duggars also.  Another group not known for extra purchases.  Maybe some young ladies who admire the Duggar girls? Again, not a group with extra money. 

The followers might fangirl and write cute posts to the Duggars but how many actually purchase what the girls sell? 

I don't think the Duggar girls don't bring in many sales. 🙄

• Love 20
17 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

In a photography course I took back in the 70s, way before there was an issue of posting photos on the internet, the author of our excellent textbook wrote something like -- "Children deeply resent your photographing their tears." I thought that was pretty on the money. And though he didn't mention bathroom productions, I expect it's true there as well. 

I know it's all commonly done. But it just seems very disrespectful for no reason at all to me. Just shows you're completely discounting the dignity of the person in the picture, in my opinion.

Of course this mob discounts the dignity of all children, just as a matter of "Christian" principle, in their upside-down world. (Which is one of several reasons why I really shouldn't hang out on this site at all.....Pushes way too many of my buttons...) 

But there's also that Golden Rule thing in there, even though their theology ignores it pretty much completely....But if they think about it at all, I think I might ask Jessa: 10 or 15 years from now when your incontinence issues start, would you like  Bin or Jilly Muffin to photograph your wet skirt and post it online? 

Amen! Except i think she could develop continence issues even sooner than you predict if she keeps having blessings. I started having "big sneeze" accidents in my early 30s after only three babies. It's gotten worse with age. I am grateful that my husband and kids have never teased me over an issue that is already very frustrating and embarrassing. Hooray for basic human decency...and Poise pads!

My eldest daughter, who researches everything to an almost ridiculous degree, just potty trained my grandson, and I have it on good authority that current child development experts do NOT condone humiliating the child. In my daughter's home, there were lots of rewards and a conscious avoidance of accusatory language. I know she often shifted attention to the character on the child's underpants, e.g. "Spiderman feels so much more comfortable when he's dry!" Her methods might seem a little hippy-dippy to Gothard types, but I think there's a lot of wisdom to focusing on positivity in toilet training. Elimination is one of the few areas where a toddler has some measure of control, and when the process becomes a huge power struggle, no one wins.

Edited by Portia
  • Love 24
2 hours ago, Portia said:

Elimination is one of the few areas where a toddler has some measure of control, and when the process becomes a huge power struggle, no one wins.

That is so true - something that can end up delaying the process. And they are proud of their output and sometimes some of them get upset when it is flushed. And every child is different.  

• Love 10
On 3/23/2019 at 10:07 PM, Oldernowiser said:

Damn, people. I was eating dinner.

Okay, so I never had children but is posting their potty experiences out to the world now normal?

I think it depends.  I know one of those neurotic narcissistic type women, and she absolutely put every step of her potty training "struggles" on FB.  Another woman I know who also does not like this frenemy, asked me "Is all this rewarding normal?  I asked a friend of mine with a child in kindergarten at the moment, and she said "I think we took him to the store and let him pick out a single toy; but no, there was no step-by-step recounting of the process, "he broke down and took grapes"."  (Frenemy is also the same woman who once forced her then-boyfriend, now-husband to intervene in an on-street verbal altercation between a female stranger and her own boyfriend, and cried in the street after it was over; so you get the idea of what type of tiresome woman she is in general.)

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Marigold said:

This is totally a guess from life observation of being a current homeschooler and raised IFB etc. 

Their followers are not wealthy people. Most are mothers.  Stay at home mothers.  Mothers are not known for their splurge purchases on stuff that they don't need. I've noticed some older ladies following the Duggars also.  Another group not known for extra purchases.  Maybe some young ladies who admire the Duggar girls? Again, not a group with extra money. 

The followers might fangirl and write cute posts to the Duggars but how many actually purchase what the girls sell? 

I don't think the Duggar girls don't bring in many sales. 🙄

Yeah, this is what confuses me so much with these partnerships. They should be hawking kid's stuff. Bible programs. Bible camps? Kid craft boxes. Homeschool stuff. Toys. People, even people without a ton of extra cash, will spend on their kids. JIll tries with recipes but sucks at it. 

Since I became a mom I barely buy myself anything. I have enough clothes. I want to buy clothes and toys and activities for my baby! They only think I spend money on for me is gym memberships and hair/nails/facials ect. 

Nobody wants the clothes Jessa and Jill are trying to sell because Jessa and Jill scream frumpy, unkempt and cheap with every selfie. In fact, I'll never try citrus and lemon BECAUSE they have Jill hawking their clothes (not just from a morale standpoint- she's plain unfashionable!!!)

• Love 9

Shouldn't they have done a gender reveal by now?  Or is that an upcoming episode and I just didn't notice? 

Or, has she already found out there's another boy in there and doesn't want to admit it?  

I reallyreallyreally hope it's another boy.  She deserves to be surrounded by testosterone and boy-funk for all her breeding years.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Shouldn't they have done a gender reveal by now?  Or is that an upcoming episode and I just didn't notice? 

Who would care anyway? Seriously, this is a third pregnancy and it doesn’t appear to be high risk or especially interesting in any way. Her two boys are cute. That’s nice. Yawn.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Who would care anyway? Seriously, this is a third pregnancy and it doesn’t appear to be high risk or especially interesting in any way. Her two boys are cute. That’s nice. Yawn.

True, but Jessa getting herself front & center as much as possible is HUGE for her.  As obsessive she is with looks, she has got to want a girl to dress up, like Jinger does.  Jing has the only girl amongst the sisters, with 5 boys thus far.

I'll bet she already has a secret head-bow collection hidden away in a drawer....

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, leighdear said:

True, but Jessa getting herself front & center as much as possible is HUGE for her.  As obsessive she is with looks, she has got to want a girl to dress up, like Jinger does.  Jing has the only girl amongst the sisters, with 5 boys thus far.

I'll bet she already has a secret head-bow collection hidden away in a drawer....

Hoping it's not a drawer right by the place where she built her dirty-diaper mountains...

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

There are some women who don't want daughters because they enjoy being the only female in the house and don't want to share the limelight.  I can see Jessa being one of those women.

Like mother, like daughter.

1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Or, has she already found out there's another boy in there and doesn't want to admit it?  

I reallyreallyreally hope it's another boy.  She deserves to be surrounded by testosterone and boy-funk for all her breeding years.  

I don't think Jessa and Ben do gender reveals. She likes to keep us in suspense as long as possible. Maybe it's twins! 🙄

• LOL 16
  • Love 5

I am hoping it’s a boy. Jessa wants a daughter. Hence the line in her pregnancy reveal to Jing and Jer about possibly needing them to return the clothing she was giving to Lissy. 

• Love 7

I agree it's another boy as well. Jessa's rapidly losing her grip as the star of the show. If she was expecting a girl, she would've done some splashy gender reveal and the requisite People magazine article. The radio silence makes me think she didn't get what she wanted. 

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree it's another boy as well. Jessa's rapidly losing her grip as the star of the show. If she was expecting a girl, she would've done some splashy gender reveal and the requisite People magazine article. The radio silence makes me think she didn't get what she wanted. 

On the flip side of that argument, she could be going for the wow factor.  She probably knows the whole “it might be twins” tease was a disaster,, so she won’t try that method again.  I hope it’s a boy too, but staying silent might up the interest (i.e. profitability), so to speak, if it appears she’s surprised with a girl.  It could go either way with this desperate attention seeker.  

• Love 8

A pile of soiled diapers and now Spurgie in soiled pants?

Jessa, get some social media skills. Kinda gross.  Loose the poop & pee posts. 

PS. If anyone in the Seewald family gets the stomach flu, we will all have to unfollow Jessa. Yuck. 

Edited by Marigold
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10

If Jessa does end up with an entire baseball team of boys and no girls, the unlikliness of it all would give her an angle to market. “I grew up imagining daughters who would be like my sisters and me... but the lord blessed me with a dozen boys!” 

She might take that over having a girl to dress up and/or enslave. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Marigold said:

Jessa, get some social media skills. Kinda gross.  Loose the poop & pee posts. 

This is evidence there is no social media consultant!

9 hours ago, Panopticon said:

“I grew up imagining daughters who would be like my sisters and me... but the lord blessed me with a dozen boys!” 

She'd market herself as Super #boymom. She'd probably like being the single female for a house of males to appreciate worship  cowtow to her.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

This is evidence there is no social media consultant!

She'd market herself as Super #boymom. She'd probably like being the single female for a house of males to appreciate worship  cowtow to her.

Or Jessa refuses to listen to them....an option I'd say is clearly not out of the question! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Jinger is the STAR so it doesn't matter the gender of baby # 3 Seewald.  I do think she is having another boy.  Which is great because no girl will be making tater tot casserole and washing dishes for mama.  I do think if there are any chores done Ben does them.  Jessa is the queen of the diaper mountain ya all.

• LOL 6
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Or Jessa refuses to listen to them....an option I'd saw is clearly not out of the question! 

Good point! "NO, I'm posting the PEE PICS. Now make me a sandwich and book me a collagen injection. These duck lips sign your paycheck!"

• LOL 11
  • Love 4

I'm agreeing with you all, Jessa's having a boy.

Like others have mentioned, if she was having a girl the sonogram would be everywhere. She would break her rule of keeping quiet and have a huge gender reveal.

Jessa must feel in a quandary: if she plays poor Jessa and posts about losing her BFF to California it will only call more attention to Jinger. She can't try and outshine Jinger by posting about a previous move she made because she moved a couple miles from home to a four room house. She can't plaster SM with photos of her little girl because she doesn't have one. She can't post about Ben's great job because apparently his only job is being more in love with Jessa than ever. What's a girl to do?

Karma can be a bitch and it appears to be slapping Jessa big time right now.

• LOL 7
  • Love 12
On 3/27/2019 at 3:47 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

On the flip side of that argument, she could be going for the wow factor.  She probably knows the whole “it might be twins” tease was a disaster,, so she won’t try that method again.  I hope it’s a boy too, but staying silent might up the interest (i.e. profitability), so to speak, if it appears she’s surprised with a girl.  It could go either way with this desperate attention seeker.  

Strictly speaking, I doubt she's learned her lesson about the "twins" tease, because she's tried it out both of the times she was pregnant (Spurgeon and Henry); and for some reason I think she was even on camera tantalizing us that maybe Izzy in utero was twins.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

if she was having a girl the sonogram would be everywhere.

With a big, flower-decked pink headband drawn on the baby's head with a Magic Marker so no could mistake it for a boy.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Double down on being a bitch to everyone in her small pond? Think Jaws!

I expect that's certainly the response she learned from Mom and Dad. They're a vindictive little pair if ever I saw one. 

• Love 5

I actually think Jessa is cagey enough to NOT reveal a girl.  She knows what followers think of her, and keeping back the fact of a girl baby puts her firmly ahead of ALL of her sisters. 

Especially with an attitude of "Jinger isn't so special.....My little girl will have 2 big brothers to take care of HER, unlike poor, lonely Lissy way over in California".  

Michelle's little spite poodle can strike again!  LOL!

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5
On 1/14/2019 at 9:42 PM, ChiCricket said:

My niece named her daughter Jezebel. She had no clue.

Some of the older relatives were really mean about it. (not to her face though.)

Quoting myself to say that this article about Jinger is why I suggested she not use the name Jezebel.

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2019/03/jinger-duggar-bares-more-skin-than-ever-flouting-family-rules/

"here we see Jinger, no longer under Jim Bob's authority because she is married, baring the entirety of her shoulders.

Those of us who exist in real life understand that she's just a person who lives in a very warm climate.

But by the Duggar code of ethics, this makes her some sort of jezebel."

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, leighdear said:

I actually think Jessa is cagey enough to NOT reveal a girl.  She knows what followers think of her, and keeping back the fact of a girl baby puts her firmly ahead of ALL of her sisters. 

Especially with an attitude of "Jinger isn't so special.....My little girl will have 2 big brothers to take care of HER, unlike poor, lonely Lissy way over in California".  

Michelle's little spite poodle can strike again!  LOL!

Nobody in this family should EVER play that card. 

• Love 20
10 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

Nobody in this family should EVER play that card. 

But why not?  Nothing ever happened, right?  Just a little boyish curiosity, as Jessa said herself.  ON CAMERA.  No biggie.  

Of course what's horrifying to normal people is just business as usual to them.  I think we can all agree on that. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1

That’s nice for Jessa. I hated coffee tables when I had little kids because it took up room and someone was always banging into it. She needs way lighter furniture, but it’s probably not in the budget.

Also like that they’re not moving. She said they may expand the carport someday. It’s nice to have a new place, but it’s nicer to be secure in a paid for home. 

Edited by EmeraldGirl
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

One of the pictures:

00F77A71-643C-4296-875E-AE44609929CB.jpeg

Drab neutrals and the furniture all shoved against the walls is the opposite of homey or cozy, to me. I'd like to buy a color, please. The color palette of this room looks like something Jill cooked, IMHO.

ETA: And thanks, @ginger90 for posting!

Edited by jcbrown
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe put some art on the walls?

Why are the Duggars so opposed to actual art? I have never seen a painting on any of their walls. Except of course Jeremy. And Jessa did her best to relocate! All they seem to put on their walls are pictures of themselves or quotes/words, like Farm. 

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Why are the Duggars so opposed to actual art? I have never seen a painting on any of their walls. Except of course Jeremy. And Jessa did her best to relocate! All they seem to put on their walls are pictures of themselves or quotes/words, like Farm. 

I've often wondered if this thing below that I read about Gothard a long time ago -- plus the usual "Catholics make graven images!" hysteria -- had something to do with it. That they all got spooked about some kind of lurking evil in art pieces so they stay away from them.

Obviously they don't all completely shun art -- the girls' room at TTH had those things on the wall, and Jana seems to like to draw and so on. But Jessa doesn't seem to be a person who focuses on anything cultural or on beauty in any way, so maybe the old some-art-stuff-might-be-demonic! combined with a simple lack of interest in things other than her kids and her selfies explains it. (Bin draws, but he's not a Gothardite). 

Anyway, the quote that makes me laugh although it's also kinda horrifying (contains Cabbage-Patch dolls!)

"Gothard also insists that there are some objects in the world which have demons attached to them such as souvenirs a person may pick up in a foreign country or pieces of art. For children, this includes things like Cabbage Patch dolls, which back in the 1980s were forbidden in any Gothard-run household. In some cases where families have converted to Gothard’s teachings, they have had to go through all their belongings and get rid of anything that could be thought to be demon-possessed. "

https://mncriticalthinking.com/2017/06/22/bill-gothard-iblp-heaven-looks-like/

Oh, heck, here's the next part. The music thing is also so silly -- and people let this weird guy cram all this down their throats. And I expect that it's back there lurking in the minds of some or even many Duggars even today, although they may not still be conscious of how it influences them: 

"Any tapes, records or CDs of any kind of music except classical or hymns would have to be gotten rid of, even contemporary Christian music which is considered too worldly. Gothard families must rid themselves of any music with a rhythmic, repetitive beat or where the performer is breathing too heavily into the microphone or even music that fades out rather than comes to a clearly defined end because Gothard claims that such music is too unsettling."

Speaking of still being Gothardy -- but in their case apparently with full awareness -- here's something from JB and M lately (I guess). They "cleans[ed] their home together," did they? What the what? 

Desiring the Lord to Cleanse Your Home
by Jim-Bob & Michelle Duggar
 $1.99 - $12.00
 DVDMP4 Video DownloadMP4 HD Video DownloadMP3 Audio DownloadAudio CD
Length: 42 Minutes
 Add To Cart
Product Description
“We're not a perfect family” is no excuse for intentionally allowing distractions into our lives and the lives of those in our family! Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar share about the cleansing work they saw the Lord do for them. From the relief that Michelle experienced when her guilt was washed away at salvation to the freedom the entire family found in cleansing their home together, the couple thank God for experiencing the benefits of honestly confessing and forsaking their sin. The Duggars heartily recommend how you, too, can experience and maintain openness between family members.
Product Details
Length: 42 Minutes
Publisher: IBLP, 2018
Product Code: ZDLDS

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Wouldn’t you kill to play some Beatles for them? For all we know Jeremy’s got Jinger mellowing out to A Day in the Life. 

I apparently worship at the altar of French Impressionism. 

Well, don't try telling JB and M that this is not demonic.   ;  )

image.thumb.png.68b78059f2162a3db8a79bf85d4316d4.png

• LOL 5