Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

One can only imagine the carseats the Duggar children were put in.

The Duggars probably had at least 3 kids in carseats at all times. They couldn't afford food during part of that time. And when Josh was born carseat safety was definitely a thing. 

Secondhand, multi-kid use, food and dirt. Ugh.

If Jessa can brag about getting a bougie carseat then she's been exposed to enough of the world to know kids should be made safe when travelling in a car. They also need to follow the law.

• Love 5

My Chicco car seat set cost nearly $500, I received it as a baby shower gift... I couldn't bear to throw it in the dumpster after my son out grew it. It was used for approximately 7 months and in perfect condition. I listed mine on a FB yardsale site and ended up selling it less than 1/2 price to an acquaintance. I totally understand being wary of a 2nd hand car seat due to potential unknown accidents and safety concerns but I also completely understand wanting to purchase  "like new" used seats if possible. Some of the nicer car seats are outrageously priced and it's literally sickening to waste something so costly if it can be safely reused. As long as you know the honest background of a seat and it meets the current safety requirements @ginger90 posted... why not?

• Love 13
On 3/8/2019 at 1:19 PM, OpieTaylor said:

Why do people do those shilling things as Instagram stories that don’t last forever, instead of regular posts that do last?

I volunteer with a student entrepreneurship program, and the students in this year's company used Instagram stories as part of their marketing plan because 1) your followers get alerts when you post a story or go live, and 2) I think stories are just how kids communicate more than posts, which they carefully curate and delete if they don't meet certain standards. We've basically had to beg them to make actual posts 😂

And, like @Ohiopirate02 said, it gives them some deniability if there are any issues, because the story goes away (though screenshots last forever...)

• Love 5

If anyone still needed convincing that they have a social media consultant, Jessa’s latest Instagram shilling ThredUp (how many things are they going to promote???) should convince you. She uses all the influencer words and tricks, and photo angles. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

If anyone still needed convincing that they have a social media consultant, Jessa’s latest Instagram shilling ThredUp (how many things are they going to promote???) should convince you. She uses all the influencer words and tricks, and photo angles. 

Yup, I noticed that. Alyssa Webster also shills for them.

• Love 1

Fundies seem to universally have issues with knowing how to apply makeup properly. You'd think Danielle would be at an advantage having gone to cosmetology school, but nope. Jessa looks low-key like a clown. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 18

Oh God. "Yay!"

Really, Jill?

And yes, that is some serious HD makeup on Jessa. She looks like a walking overdone Photoshop job. Just IMO.

Edited by Jeeves
more to say. Yay!
  • LOL 5
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Lunera said:

Wonder if Jessa paid or even tipped her. Jill's in the comments telling Danielle she wants to come see her.

Wow. Is it just me or does she have on enough makeup for a senile 80-year-old socialite trying to look 25?

ETA: Okay, it's not just me. Her face spooked me so much I failed to read other comments before posting.

It doesn't flatter you to look like you have have that much makeup on, Jessa.....Haven't these women used enough makeup by now to realize that? I don't get it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18

Maybe it's just me, but I think that other than the lip color being a bit overdone, she looks quite pretty. If you just look at the picture from the mouth up, while it's possible that the blush and foundation might be a bit heavy, it's all pretty well done and in keeping with the style of the day (which, to be fair, does seem to consist of an inordinate number of "contouring" layers, but can be quite effective if done well). It's just that she has such full lips that the lipstick color kind of takes over the whole look.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Maybe it's just me, but I think that other than the lip color being a bit overdone, she looks quite pretty. If you just look at the picture from the mouth up, while it's possible that the blush and foundation might be a bit heavy, it's all pretty well done and in keeping with the style of the day (which, to be fair, does seem to consist of an inordinate number of "contouring" layers, but can be quite effective if done well). It's just that she has such full lips that the lipstick color kind of takes over the whole look.

Lol, I did too! The makeup is definitely a little on the dressier side, but that's the best I've seen Jessa look since her engagement. She actually has some life to her face and her hair isn't a fried-out mess.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Makes sense.

I'm just not a fan of that much makeup unless you're going out at night so you need it in darkened venues. And I doubt Jessa's on her way to any formal or nightlife-type occasion here!  (or anytime, anywhere, actually...) 

When I see that much makeup in the full light of day, I have the feeling the person is trying to hide being a zombie or a (risk-taking) vampire.   ;  )

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

See, now I was thinking ‘Really?  Has ‘the hot one’ always had that bad a nose?’  Plus there’s so much hilighter on it I swear I studied her for several minutes trying to figure out if it was, in fact, lavender.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I’m with you. The lip color is a bit harsh  (I like it in general) but the eyes are nicely done and much better than the raccoon eyes. I’m not going to lie, I learned to do my makeup from a girl at the MAC counter and with that base, I think I can do a pretty good job adjusting it for work or evening.  Hopefully, Jessa will learn from her SIL (probably doubtful). 

ETA: i don’t do foundation much less contouring so I’m talking exclusively eyes and lips. 

Edited by Mojitogirl
Can’t stand contouring
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I had surgery a while back and the prep team came for me at 7 a.m. Every single one of them was wearing false eyelashes, lipliner, contouring and full on makeup. In a small hospital in northern Maine. Wearing scrubs and surgical hats.

When did makeup become MAKEUP?

To get back to topic: Jessa’s mouth scares me. She looks like a biter.

I blame the influencers. ;  )

What's really odd to me about the apparent MAKEUP trend is that, at the very same time, the trends in dress seem to get more and more and more casual.

I've seen women at the opera wearing jeans or shorts. But then I see them at the supermarket at 10 in the morning with false eyelashes. 

I suppose it just bugs me because it means that these days I'm almost always simultaneously overdressed and under-made-up. Just the consequences of being old, I guess! Still, the combination of what seems like a pair of opposing trends doesn't make sense to me.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 19
22 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I had surgery a while back and the prep team came for me at 7 a.m. Every single one of them was wearing false eyelashes, lipliner, contouring and full on makeup. In a small hospital in northern Maine. Wearing scrubs and surgical hats.

When did makeup become MAKEUP?

To get back to topic: Jessa’s mouth scares me. She looks like a biter.

My daughter and I were actually having a very similar conversation the other day about how everyone nowadays seems to be using makeup - specifically contouring -  to basically build a whole, new, generic Barbie face with as little individuality and as much cookie-cutter idealization as possible. The goal seems to be to attain facial perfection without any concern for actually working with the features you have, maybe emphasizing the positives, but looking like yourself. 

The thing is, though that contour visually depends on how light is hitting a subject, and makeup done in a mirror with an immobile light source, no matter how well it is done, is only going to look reasonably natural in the same lighting conditions, with the light coming at the same angle that the makeup was applied in. Otherwise it becomes a mask. And masks are nowhere nearly as attractive as real people.

• Love 20

I think Jessa's usual makeup look is pretty decent, actually. Of all the Duggar daughters, I'd say she comes next to post-marriage Jinger as far as having the best instinct for makeup application. This "soft glam" look (to me) looks not only weird around the mouth, but also around the eyes (why is that whole area lighter?).

If any of the daughters needs professional help with their makeup, I'd say it's Jill, who always simply rims her eyes with black/dark eyeliner. Joy does the same thing, but it's clear she'd rather go without makeup entirely and is only going through the motions for the sake of feminity their accepted gender norms.

• Love 16

I am not a fan of the obvious makeup trend sported by Jessa.   In the one makeup forum I frequent, it is referred to as Instagram makeup.  The contouring, dramatic brows and huge falsies  have their roots in drag makeup.  If you look at the work of real makeup artists like Pat McGrath you won't see this.    I love makeup,  wear it everyday, and choose to spend a good portion of my disposable income on it but I will never sport this look.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, graefin said:

I think Jessa's usual makeup look is pretty decent, actually. Of all the Duggar daughters, I'd say she comes next to post-marriage Jinger as far as having the best instinct for makeup application. This "soft glam" look (to me) looks not only weird around the mouth, but also around the eyes (why is that whole area lighter?).

If any of the daughters needs professional help with their makeup, I'd say it's Jill, who always simply rims her eyes with black/dark eyeliner. Joy does the same thing, but it's clear she'd rather go without makeup entirely and is only going through the motions for the sake of feminity their accepted gender norms.

The eye area is lighter because Danielle troweled on a mass of spackle to hide either red or black under eye circles, for that ever popular ‘raccoon mask’ look.  Mine look funky no matter what combination of pressed powder, foundation, colored highlights or coverup I  use they shine through.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Furthest fall in looks after blissful marriage and pregnancy for this gal. My face changed shape after pregnancy. It got much more angular, which was good for me. Jessa didn’t need it. She was Angelina Jolie lite before. Now she’s just average and scraggy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

If that's "soft glam", I'd hate to see "full-on glam"!!!

For full-glam, my mind immediately went to . . .

Tammy Faye.jpg

Jim and Tammy Faye 1.jpg

Jim and Tammy Faye 2.jpg

Maybe Jessa will be inspired. 😂

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

I love make up to...I was on the beauty buzz website from 1997...alas its about dead with facebook...and I miss it....her make up is over done...Im a professional (retired) make up artist and trained in NY and LA....and the only time you see this look is on youtube or instagram...if you compare with most actress...real actress the look they wear every day is more natural..think jennifer garner, ....its all about the skin!!!! anyway I hope she enjoyed her dress up time...

• Love 10

IMO, because Jessa has such a big mouth and big lips, her lipstick shade is way too much for her. It gives her a Bozo the Clown lip-look. Nothing different in her hair. It's way too heavy to have any height or fullness on top. I think no amount of volumizing there would help her. Girl really needs a cute cut at her shoulders with some soft layers in it.  ….and a new wardrobe.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

I love make up to...I was on the beauty buzz website from 1997...alas its about dead with facebook...and I miss it....her make up is over done...Im a professional (retired) make up artist and trained in NY and LA....and the only time you see this look is on youtube or instagram...if you compare with most actress...real actress the look they wear every day is more natural..think jennifer garner, ....its all about the skin!!!! anyway I hope she enjoyed her dress up time...

So we can blame the influencers! Thought so. .... 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Let's not forget Jan Crouch!  Jessa's on a very slippery slope...

jan_paul_crouch_webjpg.jpg

jc.jpg

Great googley moogley! I remember Tammy Faye, but somehow I always forget Jan Crouch. Maybe it's my brain trying to protect itself. 

The cat Tammy Faye is holding looks like it can't wait to get away. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

The cat Tammy Faye is holding looks like it can't wait to get away. 

Yeah I'm not usually a cat lover, but that cat is awesome! He/she knows these people are batshit crazy and wants outta there!

• Love 5

If I was a hairdresser the only way I'd post that photo of Jessa is if it was the before photo. 

Too much concealer, wrong color blush, wrong color lipstick and limp and scraggly hair.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
34 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

If I was a hairdresser the only way I'd post that photo of Jessa is if it was the before photo. 

Too much concealer, wrong color blush, wrong color lipstick and limp and scraggly hair.

Well, there are cosmetology training programs; and then again, there are "cosmetology training programs"... guess we know which one Danielle went through!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 3/15/2019 at 8:10 AM, Jynnan tonnix said:

I like the lip color but I think she’s wearing too much blush. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Poor Ben. Instead of going wild on some beach during Spring Break with kids his age, he's stuck at home with 2 kids and a bossy wife. 

Poor Ben. Instead of finishing school and growing up like kids his age, he's stuck home with 2 kids and a pregnant bossy wife.

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Poor Ben. Instead of going wild on some beach during Spring Break with kids his age, he's stuck at home with 2 kids and a bossy wife. 

I posted the Like(happy) icon but I think the Sad one works as well.  

• Love 5