Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

The commercial for whatever migraine medicine the Kardashian lady appears in, as well as the Candy Crush tournament one, make me sad.  The poor thing looks like a doll - imagine Barbie able to talk - and completely not human.  I would like to hope that was not her intention, but that’s the result, for sure!

• Love 5
8 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Is one of them doing that Candy Crush tournament commercial now? Whoever (or whatever it is) has had so much plastic surgery as to be unrecognizable as a human being.

Yes, she is. Khloe was the most normal looking one for awhile. Then she got all rebuilt and worked on like her sisters and Mom. Then there's Kim and that godawful Skims commercial.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, OldStandard said:

The commercial for whatever migraine medicine the Kardashian lady appears in, as well as the Candy Crush tournament one, make me sad.  The poor thing looks like a doll - imagine Barbie able to talk - and completely not human.  I would like to hope that was not her intention, but that’s the result, for sure!

Barbie's body is out of proportion, but at least her face is relatively normal.    I think [insert name] Kardashian  looks more like a Bratz doll. 

As I googled this image, I found out that I'm FAR from alone in thinking this.

bratz.JPG

• Love 12
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

I HATE the Ziploc commercial with some guy and some kids rolling stuff around in glitter and making such a horrible mess. Let's hope they know the Bissell lady.

They are actually cleaning the glitter by picking up the glitter with the goo and putting it in the Ziploc bags. No Bissel lady needed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, chessiegal said:
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

I HATE the Ziploc commercial with some guy and some kids rolling stuff around in glitter and making such a horrible mess. Let's hope they know the Bissell lady.

They are actually cleaning the glitter by picking up the glitter with the goo and putting it in the Ziploc bags. No Bissel lady needed.

I thought that too about the mess.  I can see not needing to vacuum the tabletop, but does dad and kids plan to roll that goo all over the floor?  That glitter is like Christmas tree pine needles - you'll be finding them in corners and crevices for years to come!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, ctlady said:

I thought that too about the mess.  I can see not needing to vacuum the tabletop, but does dad and kids plan to roll that goo all over the floor?  That glitter is like Christmas tree pine needles - you'll be finding them in corners and crevices for years to come!

I have a niece in law who used to send her Christmas cards filled with glitter. We'd be finding that shit all over the house for months. It got to the point where I'd just toss her cards without opening them.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9

Goo and glitter- just what I  always wanted to have get tracked into my home- NOT.  I also hate glitter spread on tablecloths during parties. Just because it's shiny doesn't mean that it's not messy and  a pain to have around. 

Yeah, the folks in the commercial are picking up the glitter with the goo and throwing the mess into plastic bags but guess what- they've now just added to  a landfill with stuff that wasn't  worth  even being brought into their home in the first place!

• Love 4

My SIL had me spread sort-of glitter half-inch stars in red, silver, & blue for the July 4th party (before lockdown).  I didn't mind doing it because I wasn't gonna have to clean it up.  (I have learned that the most I can do is clear the table. She & my brother have loading the dishwasher & cleaning up the kitchen choreographed into a delightful ballet. And there's no arguing.)

I used to have a friend that sent booby-trapped birthday cards. I still opened them, but over the kitchen wastebasket.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I have a niece in law who used to send her Christmas cards filled with glitter. We'd be finding that shit all over the house for months. It got to the point where I'd just toss her cards without opening them.

I used to put a little glitter in cards to friends ages and years ago, just a little, but even that never goes away. Ever. I never touch the stuff now. We could have a nuclear apocalypse and there would still be glitter lying around!

• Love 2
On 9/24/2021 at 2:35 PM, Blergh said:

[small voice]- I actually like those ads with Goldilocks with a 'tude pitching those mattresses (though I'm not in the market for a new one by any means). 

Me too.  I like the actress and I always thought the line "And remembers things, apparently" showed an advanced sense of humor.   Though I did wonder why she was kinda/sorta dressed like the St. Pauli girl.

• Love 5
On 9/27/2021 at 10:06 AM, mmecorday said:

The thing that bothers me about that commercial is that it sounds like an entire playground full of kids, but there are only two.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, millennium said:

Me too.  I like the actress and I always thought the line "And remembers things, apparently" showed an advanced sense of humor.   Though I did wonder why she was kinda/sorta dressed like the St. Pauli girl.

I have a German friend that never heard of St. Pauli beer (He's in north Germany) and was stunned that we were so casually discussing St. Pauli Girls.  Apparently, in his part of the world, a St. Pauli Girl is a hooker.

I've wondered if those purple mattresses work with adjustable bed bases.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
16 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I have a German friend that never heard of St. Pauli beer (He's in north Germany) and was stunned that we were so casually discussing St. Pauli Girls.  Apparently, in his part of the world, a St. Pauli Girl is a hooker.

I've wondered if those purple mattresses work with adjustable bed bases.

St. Pauli's is a famous red light district of Hamburg.

I wish the mattress company would go back to snarky Goldilocks; the new blonde spokesperson is boring and has a sculpted plastic hairstyle that makes her look like she stepped out of a 1970s British sci-fi series.

Edited by millennium
  • LOL 8

Forgive me if this one has been mentioned before but the most annoying commercials I’ve ever seen in my long life are the DraftKings betting commercials starring that blond chick who acts like we should know who she is. She YELLS all of the time! Please stop assaulting us with this woman!!

• Love 13
Just now, Gam2 said:

Forgive me if this one has been mentioned before but the most annoying commercials I’ve ever seen in my long life are the DraftKings betting commercials starring that blond chick who acts like we should know who she is. She YELLS all of the time! Please stop assaulting us with this woman!!

I cannot stand that chick and I grab the remote every time she's on.

• Love 6

I loathe the Candy Crush Tournament ad with that annoying person trying to encourage everyone to waste their time to win door prizes.  But then I have to admit I'm rather 'meh' to these games (and never saw the big deal behind the Pokemon Go). 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Blergh said:

I loathe the Candy Crush Tournament ad with that annoying person trying to encourage everyone to waste their time to win door prizes.  But then I have to admit I'm rather 'meh' to these games (and never saw the big deal behind the Pokemon Go). 

All Kardashians are annoying.

• Love 19
19 hours ago, Gam2 said:

She YELLS all of the time! Please stop assaulting us with this woman!!

It puts me on edge whenever she says "make. it. rain." with all of those pauses!

Even worse, she does it in every commercial she's in.

Edited by Kawaiiko
  • Love 6

I despise the commercial where this guy at a bar is texting his sober self. He tries to sober up by drinking water, but his sober self reminds him that if he needs to resort to tricks to try to sober up, he's too buzzed to drive. That in & of itself isn't so bad, it's the sound of him LOUDLY gulping water that I can't stand!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Is there any other kind?

Excellent point!

2 hours ago, RedElf said:

All Kardashians are annoying.

I wish all the Kardashians, Jenners and everyone they know would be hurricaned far far away!

• Love 12

I'm gobsmacked over the Bounty ads where the winning lottery ticket or other precious item is in the path of the spilled liquid and instead of snatching up the item they turn away and run off to go get the Bounty. 

I wish I had Progressive insurance so I could write them a hand written, in cursive, letter about how insulting all their, "becoming like your parents" ads are to us boomers. Go stuff yourself with that quinoa,  Dr Rick! 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

I'm gobsmacked over the Bounty ads where the winning lottery ticket or other precious item is in the path of the spilled liquid and instead of snatching up the item they turn away and run off to go get the Bounty. 

Right?!  I remember making a similar comment months or maybe years ago!  I was irritated to see the same ad (or a variation) back on the air.  Not only do they leave the lottery ticket (or laptop or whatever) while they go get the Bounty, it's a new roll still in the wrapper. Yeah, that plastic wrap will really absorb!

• Love 10
On 9/25/2021 at 9:23 PM, Jaded said:

I wish anyone with the last name Kardashian could be barred from being able to be in any commercial ever.

Maybe someone has already mentioned this but Kim is the new host of Saturday Night Live.

But that still leaves Khloe doing ads about migraines and whatever else she can do to make a buck. With her long, pointy fingernails, inflated lips, fake lashes, penciled brows, fake boobs, butt implants, hair extensions.

Sitting on her luxurious sectional couch with her daughter. Eating popcorn. 

Is there hope left that the Kardashians will ever go away? 

47 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Those final expense ads: "I'm at peace with my homegoing."  Homegoing?  You mean DEATH?  You can say the word. It happens to us all. We all DIE.

I have the same problem with "passed away". Why the euphemisms? When my mom died, I was heartbroken but I told people my mom had died, not that she had joined the choir invisible. 

• Love 19

I often read obituaries to see what euphemisms people use instead of just saying, "died". Some are very interesting, like "slipped the surly bonds of Earth and crossed the bridge to be with Jesus", and others are a little confusing.  I see a lot of "transitioned", and I just want to say to the obituary writers, "You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means."

As for irritating commercials, there's one I've heard on the radio for Bounty (I think).  It's this conversation:

Person A:  Who brought the sauce?

Person B:  I brought the sauce

A: Who made the sauce?

B: I made the sauce

A: What's in the sauce?

B: I am the sauce

Then they go for the Bounty

I really don't understand it, but it also annoys me.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

As for irritating commercials, there's one I've heard on the radio for Bounty (I think).  It's this conversation:

Person A:  Who brought the sauce?

Person B:  I brought the sauce

A: Who made the sauce?

B: I made the sauce

A: What's in the sauce?

B: I am the sauce

Then they go for the Bounty

I really don't understand it, but it also annoys me.

Edited by janie jones
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Maybe someone has already mentioned this but Kim is the new host of Saturday Night Live.

In case anyone isn’t familiar with the format of the show, they have a guest host each week and KK is scheduled to be one of those in a few weeks. Annoying, but not as horrific as the idea of “new host of Saturday Night Live.”

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
59 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

In case anyone isn’t familiar with the format of the show, they have a guest host each week and KK is scheduled to be one of those in a few weeks. Annoying, but not as horrific as the idea of “new host of Saturday Night Live.”

That is great news! I feel a glimmer of hope now. 😊

3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I have the same problem with "passed away". Why the euphemisms? When my mom died, I was heartbroken but I told people my mom had died, not that she had joined the choir invisible. 

When my mom died, the nursing home called me and said she was non-responsive. I asked what that meant and they kept repeating it, even when I asked, "Does that meant she's dead?"  I don't think they're allowed to say "the D-word" to the family. That is so goddamned stupid. Instead of plunging into grief over losing my mom, I got angry at the idiotic policy.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with using the words "passed away" or "passed."  It doesn't have anything to do with religion, but for me it is just gentler, and there is nothing wrong with gentleness.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, susannah said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with using the words "passed away" or "passed."  It doesn't have anything to do with religion, but for me it is just gentler, and there is nothing wrong with gentleness.

It sure beats 'expired' -as though the deceased was a milk carton or a library book!

11 hours ago, Bastet said:

They're like cockroaches, they'll outlast us all.

Have faith that the Kardasians will find their RAID when their secret tribe of admirers FINALLY gets as sick of them as everyone else is. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

When my mom died, the nursing home called me and said she was non-responsive. I asked what that meant and they kept repeating it, even when I asked, "Does that meant she's dead?"  I don't think they're allowed to say "the D-word" to the family. That is so goddamned stupid. Instead of plunging into grief over losing my mom, I got angry at the idiotic policy.

That turn of phrase seems irresponsible to me. "Non-responsive" can mean (typically means?) unconscious and not responding to stimuli. If someone called and told me that my loved one was "non-responsive," I'd think they were telling me to get down there before they die, not that the person is already dead.

• Love 18