Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Shaq owns 9 Papa John's franchises.

Also, here's a list of some of his other investments (as of July 2021):

According to NBC Sports, O'Neal's estimated net worth is said to be $400 million. "He is the joint owner of 155 Five Guys Burgers restaurants, 17 Auntie Annie's Pretzels restaurants, 150 car washes, 40 24-hour fitness centers, a shopping center, a movie theater, and several Las Vegas nightclubs," the report states.

Hmm, so it would seem that Mr. O'Neal didn't blow through his sport dinero but has invested it in quite a few enterprises so that he (and his family) won't be in any danger of having to collect cans or sell plasma in the foreseeable future. If nothing else, it's somewhat refreshing to see a sports star who hasn't wound up broker than broke after their athletic prime was over. 

It would also seem that he doesn't need the monies to shill the pizza as much as they might believe they could use his endorsement to help their enterprise!

Though I'm not a big pizza fan (and personally think that that brand is way too sweet and filling) , I have more of a 'meh' reaction to his commercials. Still, if buying his namesake pizza helps promote good works for those in need, that's a good thing. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

You know who I want to fall off a scooter...or a cliff? That SHABOOM! chick from the baby talk Gummy Bears commercial.

Along with the rest of her buddies.  "It's crunchy and galoshes" is all I get from that one guy. I know that can't be what he's saying, but it's what I hear.  I hate baby-talk shit.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 8/31/2021 at 6:01 PM, Bastet said:

I absolutely adored him, and found him hilarious, in Schitt's Creek, and Kate MacKinnon's face and mannerisms have cracked me up on the regular, but that Tostitos commercial is so not funny I'm almost embarrassed for them.

Is that the annoying bitch in the Verizon commercial who seems to be high on coke?

On 8/31/2021 at 8:20 PM, madmax said:

Maybe I'm just getting old and curmudgeonly, but I am really irritated with the Kind bar commercial where they talk about world peace.  She can't do world peace, but she can do one kind thing - take her bag off the chair so someone else can sit down.  WTF?  That's not a kind act, that's not being an asshole.

Potato, potahtoe... 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Ok ....i have been here before birching about gross and offensive comercials,  well im back.

1st is the DIFFERIN commercial for bad acne where it wants to show people popping zits , while playing 1812 overture with pics of volcanoes, etc... yuck. There is a reason i avoid Dr. Pimple Popper and the commercials..for those of you that like seeing pus filled zits popped, more power to you...as for me..yuck.

2) now for offensive (to me at least) are the poop-pouri, the razors for shaving bikini areas while the women shower in their underwear for some reason showing the woman getting a close bikini trim. Yes there ae similar razors for men but they rarely show them . So once.again women society says you must remove all your body hair but men dont have to shave their balls 

My last one is lume..i lnow it is mentioned here by others, but it only shows women. Saying putting on the spot men have trouble finding and saying and you have too many douches in her life and smell is on outside not inside.  WHY only women in the ad? Dont men have odor on their butts as well as smelly balls...yet only women in the ad.   WTF. Where r men in this.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Along with the rest of her buddies.  "It's crunchy and galoshes" is all I get from that one guy. I know that can't be what he's saying, but it's what I hear.  I hate baby-talk shit.

Yeah, as if we need more adults acting with the utmost immaturity!!!

• Love 4
On 9/6/2021 at 12:51 PM, ctlady said:

Not as much as his giddy "It's freeeee" the first time he says it.  Cue William Wallace

Just saw the Natalie Portman Dior commercial yesterday with Janis Joplin's 'Crybaby' as the soundtrack.  I just don't get the connection between the song and the perfume

I’ve not seen the ad, but the connection might be a reference to her first on-screen roll as a teen who seems “world-wise” beyond her years. In the same controversial vein as Brook Shields in her youth, I do remember some heated debate over allowing a minor to take on such a role. 

2 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

1st is the DIFFERIN commercial for bad acne where it wants to show people popping zits , while playing 1812 overture with pics of volcanoes, etc... yuck. There is a reason i avoid Dr. Pimple Popper and the commercials..for those of you that like seeing pus filled zits popped, more power to you...as for me..yuck

It is beyond disgusting. All of the ones you mentioned are, but that one makes me ill.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Daff said:

I’ve not seen the ad, but the connection might be a reference to her first on-screen roll as a teen who seems “world-wise” beyond her years. In the same controversial vein as Brook Shields in her youth, I do remember some heated debate over allowing a minor to take on such a role. 

I'm not sure which role that was for Natalie Portman, but Brooke Shields' mother pushing her to play a child prostitute, in bed with men, IMO was sexual abuse. I know that no one was really having sex with her, but to imply it so clearly, just no. Of course, the so called mother also had nude photos of Brooke taken at 9 years old.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, susannah said:

There is a reason i avoid Dr. Pimple Popper and the commercials..for those of you that like seeing pus filled zits popped, more power to you...as for me..yuck

Oh, but I loooooove her Youtube videos.  I can watch her remove dilated pores of winer and squeeze goopy cysts (and remove the sac) all day.  I just can't deal with the lipomas.  But for some reason, the Differin commercial squicks me out.  I guess watching it done professionally with precision is a little easier to digest

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Is that the annoying bitch in the Verizon commercial who seems to be high on coke?

12 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Yes I can't stand her.

Referring to Kate McKinnon? - I only know her from SNL, and I know some people are tired of her shtick, but is there something that’s prompting the extreme dislike? Other than just the general annoyance with anyone in a commercial? Or just some people rub you the wrong way, fair enough. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Referring to Kate McKinnon? - I only know her from SNL, and I know some people are tired of her shtick, but is there something that’s prompting the extreme dislike? Other than just the general annoyance with anyone in a commercial? Or just some people rub you the wrong way, fair enough. 

I love her on SNL. I don't think I've seen her Verizon ad though.

• Love 1
On 9/7/2021 at 10:20 PM, Prevailing Wind said:

I don't think I have seen that specific ad but are you referring to the ad series where the groups of professionals are talking like young children and eating Haribo?

• Useful 1
17 minutes ago, susannah said:

I don't think I have seen that specific ad but are you referring to the ad series where the groups of professionals are talking like young children and eating Haribo?

Yes. It's the one that looks like it's in a library. Closed captioning says "It's squishy and delicious" but that's not what I hear.  (Which is why, I guess, I have to use closed captioning.)

• Love 6

Tonight I was watching a recording from 2002 (FF through commercials) when Shaq popped up in a Radio Shack ad!  He looked so young and thin, even though of course he's always been a big guy.  I remembered him doing ads for Nestle Crunch (which would always sponsor episodes of She Spies) and I think Icy Hot back then, so he's been all over the ads for decades (even though he was busy playing and trying to act and rap back then).

Also, why is former running back Reggie Bush in ads for Wendy's breakfast now?  They used Reggie Miller with the tie-in to the NCAA basketball tourney earlier in the year, but it's like he was unavailable so they thought they would just sub in another ex-athlete with the same first name?

• LOL 2
On 9/7/2021 at 8:33 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Shaq owns 9 Papa John's franchises.

Also, here's a list of some of his other investments (as of July 2021):

According to NBC Sports, O'Neal's estimated net worth is said to be $400 million. "He is the joint owner of 155 Five Guys Burgers restaurants, 17 Auntie Annie's Pretzels restaurants, 150 car washes, 40 24-hour fitness centers, a shopping center, a movie theater, and several Las Vegas nightclubs," the report states.

I think he needs a better business manager if that's his net worth with those assets.

• Love 2

Last night I was watching the latest Hallmark movie and suddenly Annie Murphy welcomed me through a pink tunnel and into her hoo-ha.   She wanted to inform me of some new birth control gizmo.  I was deer-in-headlights frozen and gagging at the same time.  Let me out of here, Annie Murphy, was all I was thinking. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Suzysite said:

Last night I was watching the latest Hallmark movie and suddenly Annie Murphy welcomed me through a pink tunnel and into her hoo-ha.   She wanted to inform me of some new birth control gizmo.  I was deer-in-headlights frozen and gagging at the same time.  Let me out of here, Annie Murphy, was all I was thinking. 

I had never heard of Annie Murphy until Kevin Can F*ck Himself.  I got through one episode and couldn't watch anymore.  Something about her just turns me off and that commercial is vomit-inducing.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I had never heard of Annie Murphy until Kevin Can F*ck Himself.  I got through one episode and couldn't watch anymore.  Something about her just turns me off and that commercial is vomit-inducing.

I haven't seen KCF*H as just the title turns me off as to how sophomoric (juvenile?) it probably is.  The commercials for women's stuff have gone out of control.  I haven't heard of this game show host AA either, but I don't want to see anyone's face closeup!  Or a closeup of personal parts, thank you very much.

• Love 4

There's a Sonic ad that irritates me more than the regular low-grade Sonic ad irritation.  There are two women talking in the front seat of a car, with "Joizy" accents (sorry, that's probably inappropriate).  I normally enjoy hearing people with accents from various parts of the country and the world, but these two just rub me the wrong way.  And it doesn't help that one of them has these neon-white teeth, not like anything found in nature!

• LOL 6
19 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

There's a Sonic ad that irritates me more than the regular low-grade Sonic ad irritation.  There are two women talking in the front seat of a car, with "Joizy" accents (sorry, that's probably inappropriate).  I normally enjoy hearing people with accents from various parts of the country and the world, but these two just rub me the wrong way.  And it doesn't help that one of them has these neon-white teeth, not like anything found in nature!

Oh, you mean too perfect American chiclet teeth?

• Love 5

I just saw an ad on Pluto TV that I had to look up online to make sure I heard what I thought I heard.

Apparently a good opening line to a conversation in a bar (after "Do you come here often?" fails) is for a woman to sashay up to a man and ask him "Did you just shave your balls and B-hole?"

Enjoy:

Edited by Zahdii
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 9/12/2021 at 8:46 AM, Suzysite said:

Last night I was watching the latest Hallmark movie and suddenly Annie Murphy welcomed me through a pink tunnel and into her hoo-ha

Is that the "Welcome to my vagina" ad for non hormone birth control?  Dear Lord, advertisers have certainly come a long way to embarrassing women in commercials from the Massengil an Kotex days.  What do men get - jock itch?

Oh, and at the end of that commercial there's a doorbell that rings inside her vag to where she pushes an intercom button to say "I'm coming".  yeah....subtle.

54 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Wouldn’t you have to be a contortionist to shave your B-hole?

and man, that part of the anatomy is a really bold go-to for a one-night stand? (But maybe I'm just way behind the times, no pun intended)

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, ctlady said:

Is that the "Welcome to my vagina" ad for non hormone birth control?  Dear Lord, advertisers have certainly come a long way to embarrassing women in commercials from the Massengil an Kotex days.  What do men get - jock itch?

Oh, and at the end of that commercial there's a doorbell that rings inside her vag to where she pushes an intercom button to say "I'm coming".  yeah....subtle.

I have just had the unpleasure of seeing that ad, and it is too disgusting. I guess ad writers have lost all senses of taste and class. It's like they are competing now to see how tasteless and low they can go.

• Love 6
On 9/7/2021 at 7:25 AM, Kiki777 said:

UGH that Applebee’s ad.  Not only is it annoying with the twangy song and dumb dancing, the lyrics about it being bougie and fancy-like make me genuinely sad for these people.

I'm with you on this being a really annoying ad. I made the mistake of trying to get the lyrics, and *thought* I heard "styrofoam." So I looked it up and I was right. What the hell does

Bougie like Natty in the styrofoam

frick'in mean?

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

I'm with you on this being a really annoying ad. I made the mistake of trying to get the lyrics, and *thought* I heard "styrofoam." So I looked it up and I was right. What the hell does

Bougie like Natty in the styrofoam

frick'in mean?

I'm sure it will be winning a VMA next year.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, susannah said:

I have just had the unpleasure of seeing that ad, and it is too disgusting. I guess ad writers have lost all senses of taste and class. It's like they are competing now to see how tasteless and low they can go.

It really is. 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I haven't seen KCF*H as just the title turns me off as to how sophomoric (juvenile?) it probably is.  The commercials for women's stuff have gone out of control.  I haven't heard of this game show host AA either, but I don't want to see anyone's face closeup!  Or a closeup of personal parts, thank you very much.

KCF*H is not sophomoric or juvenile at all.  Just the opposite, actually quite an original satire on that very trope for such a show.  

6 hours ago, ctlady said:

I saw that commercial, couldn't believe it. Like jaw dropping wtf did I just see?

• Love 5
23 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I can't stand any of those sonic ads.  The way someone wrote those and actually thought they were being witty or funny just irritates the f*** out of me.  The people are gross and irritating.  Doesn't help knowing the food sucks too

It's the same way I feel watching Jeff Dunham, the few minutes I can stand of him.  Bad comedy based on cliches repeated over and over......yet lots of people like that s****.   

• Love 1