Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

The Jif commercials are, of course, obnoxious with the whole “it’s that Jif-ing good” which is irritating.  But the one with the rapper Ludacris is just uncomfortable on so many levels that it actually gives me a stomach ache!

• Love 5

Arizona recently approved sports betting. Local airwaves are inundated with obnoxious ads for Draft Kings and Caesar’s. Tell you what, given a choice (and I do have choices) I will not support these or other products that rise up to this level of obnoxiousness. I’m talking to you saturated insurance companies, law groups and drug companies. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Glitches said:

Local airwaves are inundated with obnoxious ads for Draft Kings and Caesar’s.

I live in NY, where we don't (AFAIK) have it (yet) but NJ and CT do, so..... yes, those ads are incredibly obnoxious.

• Love 3

I know that since it's October that's supposed to somehow equate to  the masses celebrating the spirit of Halloween all month long.

However, I'm sick and tired of all these ads on my regular shows for computer- access channels that claim to be portraying 'real' ghostly and haunting encounters. Not only do I have zero interest (or belief) in the claims they are purporting but all this is doing is getting me to dig my heels to resist buying any of their 'services'! 

• Love 4
On 10/11/2021 at 4:35 AM, Gharlane said:

There's a new lame Liberty Mutual commercial that a hate out there. I have no memory of it, but I hated it.

I've never seen a Liberty Mutual ad I didn't hate.

On 10/12/2021 at 8:48 AM, Bookish Jen said:

I just want to deep condition his hair.

The thought of touching his hair for any reason gives me the heebie jeebies.

On 10/14/2021 at 5:50 PM, SoMuchTV said:

I must have quite a fear of heights because there’s a Subaru ad that’s seriously triggering it. Two guys are driving along a rocky mountain road with no guardrails or any space at all beside the roadway.  Nope nope nope. Then they get out and walk up to the edge. Double nope!

Sorry about that.  For me, it's one of the few ads I don't mind because it reminds me of fantastic drives in places like the Alps and the Cascades.  (Which is why I will watch highlights of The Tour de France, an otherwise exceedingly boring sport, when they're in the mountains.)

On 10/15/2021 at 4:10 AM, Haleth said:

It seems every commercial break I see an ad (I think it's for a car) with a couple driving home from a date night and they spy their little boy watching them from the window.  (As many times as I've seen it you'd think I'd know the product they're selling.)  During the commercial the man asks Alexa to play music and the woman asks Alexa to turn on the lights.  Normally my Alexa ignores this, but yesterday she started piping up when her name is said and actually started blasting music once.  I'm sick of this commercial and don't want my Alexa reacting every time it comes on.

Yay, another confirmation that I don't need Alexa in my life.

On 10/15/2021 at 11:24 AM, Blergh said:

I know that since it's October that's supposed to somehow equate to  the masses celebrating the spirit of Halloween all month long.

Halloween?  You're lucky, I saw my first Christmas ad yesterday.  Ugh.

• Love 5

I find this ad ridiculous: https://www.ispot.tv/ad/qfKB/hpe-greenlake-stay-or-go-do-both

First of all, the executive looks like an absolute idiot running back and forth as her office tilts. Is this supposed to be a "power look"?

And then she just miraculously comes up with the solution at the end? Seems that if she knows about this option, she wouldn't have to go through all the angst. 

And just throwing in rather meaningless lingo "accelerate our digital transformation" just cause it sounds cool. 

13 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Agreed. I'd rather see one hundred Liberty Mutual ads than see those horrible Zocdoc commercials.

I am not sure which ads those are, but anything with any Kardashian, anything talking about any private bodily function or products connected with them, bratty kids or anyone humiliating themselves to be on tv need to go far far away.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, susannah said:

I am not sure which ads those are, but anything with any Kardashian, anything talking about any private bodily function or products connected with them, bratty kids or anyone humiliating themselves to be on tv need to go far far away.

"The Fletcher family is having a bad day" CRACK!! "Dad!" dad comes running, leg hits coffee table SNAP!! Makes my skin crawl.

• Love 4

I used to think the ZocDoc commercials were all edited from the longer version, but since Dad hits both his left and right foot in different versions they obviously have multiple versions. I guess once you pay to have the actors there, you make the most of it. Maybe it's the channels I watch, but it seems like they run one every commercial break. /Sigh

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I used to think the ZocDoc commercials were all edited from the longer version, but since Dad hits both his left and right foot in different versions they obviously have multiple versions. I guess once you pay to have the actors there, you make the most of it. Maybe it's the channels I watch, but it seems like they run one every commercial break. /Sigh

I can't hit the mute button fast enough. I mean I literally can't hit it fast enough so I end up hearing some of it. Blergh.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, susannah said:

Makes me long for the days of cigarette ads

• LOL 7

The Cologard ad where the box comes up to two couples having dinner and starts touting its virtues grosses me out. It was bad enough when the box was talking to Lap Swimmer Lady. I don't want to think about poop at a swimming pool, and I definitely don't want to think about it at dinner!

• Love 8
On 9/30/2021 at 2:02 PM, chessiegal said:
On 9/30/2021 at 1:23 PM, RedElf said:

All Kardashians are annoying.

Is her butt for real or is that plastic surgery? Every time I see that commercial I think, no - she couldn't have been born with that ginormous butt.

I was. But I hate those commercials. Especially when she's talking about not finding underwear to suit her and so she cut and dyed stuff. I mean really! Can you picture Kim in the kitchen boiling water and putting some Dritz dye in pots and bowls all over the kitchen table? 

over the past several weeks I've been bingeing on CSI original and NY on Pluto, when Miami comes on I watch Discovery and Science. But there's an ad on there that runs frequently (don't they all?) for Cox Home Life. The ad has 2 pre teens watching a scary movie in a dark house alone. They hear a noise and the boy grabs the device and says something about Cox Home Life turn on the driveway lights. Except it took me about a dozen listens to figure out the Cox Home Life part. Not very good on their part that their narrator can't enunciate clearly enough for viewers to know what he's talking about.

Spelling errors are mine alone, just got this Chromebook and I haven't figured out how toe  correct spelling when I'm not sure of the correct spelling. I really have gotten dependent on the computer to tell me.

• Love 1
On 10/12/2021 at 7:24 PM, Kimboweena said:

The newest commercial for the Shingrex Vacccine. The guy pulls up his shirt and has shingles, NO ONE wants to see that!  Little off-topic, but I just got my second shot today. My mom had shingles, no one wants shingles!

Same here ❤️

• Love 5

Ok damn, I give up. I cannot escape that effing Kit Kat vampire and his screeching alarm clock. Instead of trying to avoid it, I'm gonna force myself to watch it every time it comes on (which seems like is approximately three times a commercial break) in the hopes that I just become numb to it. 

Edited by Giuseppe
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

I never thought of that - the way Alaska is positioned on maps of the US...if you're inattentive enough, you CAN mistake it for an island.

Publix has a cute one for curbside pickup. Dad's helping Mom unpack the groceries & teen daughter comes up & announces she's now a pescatarian. Mom mutters a positive "mmmm" like "yeah, whatever" and Dad whispers to Mom, "What's a pescatarian."

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

Ok damn, I give up. I cannot escape that effing Kit Kat vampire and his screeching alarm clock. Instead of trying to avoid it, I'm gonna force myself to watch it every time it comes on (which seems like is approximately three times a commercial break) in the hopes that I just become numb to it. 

Yeah, it seems he's trying be a cross between the classical movies' Bela Lugosi and The Munsters Al Lewis- and failing at both! 

• Love 4
On 10/16/2021 at 6:00 PM, Prevailing Wind said:

Taking Alexa to small talk.

I think Alexa needs to be taken a lot further away than Small Talk.

Edited by Leeds
  • LOL 19
On 10/14/2021 at 5:02 PM, dleighg said:

So BOTH Celebrity Cruises AND some sort of "Save the Elephants" organization (symbolically adopt an elephant and get this plush elephant toy) are using the song "What a Wonderful World" right now.

Nice song, and I guess endlessly flexible.

add a third one to the list using this song: Vanguard. And just now I saw the Vanguard ad followed by the Celebrity ad!

Something in the air, I guess.

• Useful 1

I commented earlier about good songs being used in bad commercials, and Applebee's is one of the worst offenders..  Now they're using Barry White's "Can't Get Enough of Your Love Baby" in one of their stupid commercials.  It's an abomination.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I commented earlier about good songs being used in bad commercials, and Applebee's is one of the worst offenders..  Now they're using Barry White's "Can't Get Enough of Your Love Baby" in one of their stupid commercials.  It's an abomination.

How dare they? I love that song. Applebee's not so much.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Ghost of TWOP Past said:

Should I know who this Lil Nasonex guy is? Does he make the Rap music that all the youths listen to these days? 

I don't know who he is but I so miss TwoP!!😢

• Love 8

I just started seeing CLR commercials with people's heads in random places. So not disturbing. Nope. Not at all. 

Somehow I had been able to avoid them and wish I had been able to keep doing so.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, cinsays said:

Probably just me, but i hate the Reese's commercials, the guy's voice and cockiness just annoys me. Not sorry.

"That guy" is Will Arnett, apparently. 

Also I see what you did there!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 9/12/2021 at 5:19 PM, SoMuchTV said:

There's a Sonic ad that irritates me more than the regular low-grade Sonic ad irritation.  There are two women talking in the front seat of a car, with "Joizy" accents (sorry, that's probably inappropriate).  I normally enjoy hearing people with accents from various parts of the country and the world, but these two just rub me the wrong way.  And it doesn't help that one of them has these neon-white teeth, not like anything found in nature!

Okay I know I complained about this couple before, but I have to give them credit for the recent spot where one woman called out the other for “expresso”

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

Have I been supernaturally extraordinarily lucky, or are the usual annoying-as-fuck breast cancer commercials missing this month?

I am not complaining.

As an 8 year breast cancer survivor, I don't miss the "Pinktober" ads at all either!

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

As an 8 year breast cancer survivor, I don't miss the "Pinktober" ads at all either!

This surprises me. I would think you would support all ads that increase awareness of this still out of control disease.

36 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I dread October for that very reason, and I'm a breast cancer survivor as well.  I don't mind PSAs for cancer awareness, but I think a month of awareness should be dedicated to getting screened for all types of cancer, not just breast cancer.  For example, colon cancer screenings for people over a certain age, and prostate cancer screenings for men.      

• Love 12
47 minutes ago, susannah said:

This surprises me. I would think you would support all ads that increase awareness of this still out of control disease.

The problem I have is that the profits if so many of the "pink" items for sale are not going to breast cancer research they are going to the various stores/companies that are selling them.  I was on a breast cancer forum for several years after my surgery and learned a lot.

• Love 19
43 minutes ago, ellenr33 said:

Can I just say how much I hate the new Jake from Statefarm! 

Awww - I adore him. He must have had a blast doing the ads with the football players. Give me some Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes any day.

• Love 7

That commercial where they are singing about this game which is I  guess some sort of a bingo game. "B-I-N-G-O" over and over again reminds me of the Simpsons episode about subliminal advertising trying to recruit people to join the Navy.image.png.f2fae9f272e070f8395bc5038eb49ec4.png

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ellenr33 said:

Can I just say how much I hate the new Jake from Statefarm! 

The one in the butcher shop would almost make me a vegetarian. 

22 hours ago, dleighg said:

I absolutely HATE the way this little kid says "FERMENTATION?" with this crooked face. I know it's an over-the-top reaction. But I HATE IT

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/tMIH/new-chapter-organics-what-goes-in

I think she's cute, right up there with the "I want a bucket of chicken" girl.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2