Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Maverick

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

All of the sports betting commercials -- I don't even know all their names, but I think there's Draft Kings, and something with Caesar (We are all Caesars!), but I hate every single one of them.

• Like 17

2 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I finally saw this one. So, “the sponge” for a new generation?

I had to laugh when I read your post.  Does anyone remember the Seinfeld episode when Elaine was rationing her sponges? 

I saw that commercial and I'm at a loss for words.  How did that get past a focus group that was still breathing?  

Edited by AnnA
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2

2 hours ago, AnnA said:

I had to laugh when I read your post.  Does anyone remember the Seinfeld episode when Elaine was rationing her sponges? 

That was one of my favorite episodes. 

The Phexxi commercial is something.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Browncoat said:

All of the sports betting commercials -- I don't even know all their names, but I think there's Draft Kings, and something with Caesar (We are all Caesars!), but I hate every single one of them.

The vast number of commercials for sports betting should be the first clue that no one is going to make any money betting with them.

9 hours ago, AnnA said:

"Spongeworthy"

• Like 6
  • Laugh 4

14 hours ago, Jaded said:

The Phexxi commercial is something.

At least you can't accuse them of not committing to the premise!

I laughed out loud when I first saw it, but can easily see how it would seem very vulgar and off-putting to anyone who doesn't like the joke.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

At least you can't accuse them of not committing to the premise!

I laughed out loud when I first saw it, but can easily see how it would seem very vulgar and off-putting to anyone who doesn't like the joke.

I laughed when I saw it too. I replied like I did in my previous post because I had no words I could think of to adequately describe my feelings on it at the time. I wasn't offended at all. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 3:46 PM, seasons said:

So this lady drags herself off the couch to find crap to sell at the flea market and is so satisfied with herself for that? So lame.

Why is the ugly 70s coffee cup in a drawer in the living room? 

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 1:27 PM, peacheslatour said:

Me too. Also the Zocdoc commercial where the girl breaks a tooth and screams "DAD!!" and he comes running and smacks his shin into the table. I can't stand it. CRACK! SNAP! Aarrgghh! I have actually covered my ears and shouted La La La! if I'm across the room and can't mute it.

Someone mentioned that the Dr.'s no much of a doctor because he's examining the man's foot with his sock still on.  But in the version where the Dr. asks, "Read any good books lately?" he's even examining the wrong foot.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

6 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

But in the version where the Dr. asks, "Read any good books lately?" he's even examining the wrong foot.

Nope. It's the left foot in all scenarios.

Does anyone know why the smarmy chick in the Purple mattress ad is wearing that ridiculous milkmaid outfit?  I’m assuming that this is a follow up commercial of some kind, but I don’t remember seeing the original so I have no idea why she’s dressed like that. And I really hate that commercial, especially when she says “and remembers things, apparently”

• Like 3

I think the ad is for some kind of cleaner, but it has some guy half out of the counter. That seems to be a trend since I saw an ad where people are coming through shower doors, etc. Please, make them stop!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SerenityNow721 said:

Does anyone know why the smarmy chick in the Purple mattress ad is wearing that ridiculous milkmaid outfit?  I’m assuming that this is a follow up commercial of some kind, but I don’t remember seeing the original so I have no idea why she’s dressed like that. And I really hate that commercial, especially when she says “and remembers things, apparently”

She's supposed to be Goldilocks. So it's not supposed to be milkmaid as much as old-timey. Here's the original:

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

[small voice]- I actually like those ads with Goldilocks with a 'tude pitching those mattresses (though I'm not in the market for a new one by any means). 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Blergh said:

[small voice]- I actually like those ads with Goldilocks with a 'tude pitching those mattresses (though I'm not in the market for a new one by any means). 

So do I. I think she's funny.

• Like 6

On 9/23/2021 at 2:47 PM, Tom Holmberg said:

Someone mentioned that the Dr.'s no much of a doctor because he's examining the man's foot with his sock still on.  But in the version where the Dr. asks, "Read any good books lately?" he's even examining the wrong foot.

The dad's foot that is hurt is his left, and it continues to be his left foot throughout the commercial, including when the doc asks him if he's read any good books.

What is it with videos auto playing on this site lately?  I just had the mattress lady coming through my headphones. I don’t remember that happening until very recently. As far as I can tell, there’s not a setting that controls it. 

• Surprise 1

17 hours ago, Blergh said:

I like her too.  And the memory foam mattress attacking the scientists behind her.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

That's a different one than the one I just saw on TV -- the kids are involved, too, and it's dad's left foot both times we see it.

40 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

It is his right foot.

Must be his other left (as they say in basic training).

30 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

That's a different one than the one I just saw on TV -- the kids are involved, too, and it's dad's left foot both times we see it.

The scene with the doctor inspecting his socks is the same in both, I think. But he's going around the table on the other side in the one where he's reading.

• Like 2

On 9/24/2021 at 2:35 PM, Blergh said:

I guess the three bears were in the bathroom wiping their asses.🐻

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 7

Oh, I'm so glad I checked here. That Annie Murphy ad comes on during every freaking ad break on Hulu and I rue the inability to fast-forward every time. I'm also sick of seeing the rest of the Schitt's Creek cast at every other commercial break (did you need to sign that many endorsement deals, Dan? Did you?), but nothing grates on and skeeves me out like that one. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I guess the three bears were in the bathroom wiping their asses.🐻

One wiped it too soft, one wiped it too hard and one wiped it just right.

Edited by Tom Holmberg
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 12

Okay, I went to iSpot to look at the Fletcher family ZocDoc commercials. In one version, dad stubs his left foot, and in another version he stubs his right foot. 

Now I can really stop paying attention to that commercial. 😉

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Okay, I went to iSpot to look at the Fletcher family ZocDoc commercials. In one version, dad stubs his left foot, and in another version he stubs his right foot. 

Now I can really stop paying attention to that commercial. 😉

I can only imagine your suffering. I can't sit through that thing even once, at least not with sound on. Et voila, the great mystery of our time is solved.

• Laugh 4

2 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

One wiped it too soft, one wiped it too hard and one wiped it just right.

I don't need to see the visual evidence of that.  I will take your word for it.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

I wish anyone with the last name Kardashian could be barred from being able to be in any commercial ever.

• Like 24

12 hours ago, lavenderblue said:

Oh, I'm so glad I checked here. That Annie Murphy ad comes on during every freaking ad break on Hulu and I rue the inability to fast-forward every time. I'm also sick of seeing the rest of the Schitt's Creek cast at every other commercial break (did you need to sign that many endorsement deals, Dan? Did you?), but nothing grates on and skeeves me out like that one. 

I'm really getting tired of seeing that gross commercial everywhere.

3 hours ago, Jaded said:

I wish anyone with the last name Kardashian could be barred from being able to be in any commercial ever.

It's a good start...

• Like 11

On 9/22/2021 at 11:24 AM, Jaded said:

I laughed when I saw it too. I replied like I did in my previous post because I had no words I could think of to adequately describe my feelings on it at the time. I wasn't offended at all. 

I was offended by the Phexxi womans dress and her scooter. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jaded said:

Is one of them doing that Candy Crush tournament commercial now? Whoever (or whatever it is) has had so much plastic surgery as to be unrecognizable as a human being.

• Like 7
  • Useful 5
  • Laugh 1

The commercial for whatever migraine medicine the Kardashian lady appears in, as well as the Candy Crush tournament one, make me sad.  The poor thing looks like a doll - imagine Barbie able to talk - and completely not human.  I would like to hope that was not her intention, but that’s the result, for sure!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I was offended by the Phexxi womans dress and her scooter. 

The dress was so ugly it could work as birth control too.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 11

8 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Is one of them doing that Candy Crush tournament commercial now? Whoever (or whatever it is) has had so much plastic surgery as to be unrecognizable as a human being.

Yes, she is. Khloe was the most normal looking one for awhile. Then she got all rebuilt and worked on like her sisters and Mom. Then there's Kim and that godawful Skims commercial.

• Like 11

13 hours ago, OldStandard said:

The commercial for whatever migraine medicine the Kardashian lady appears in, as well as the Candy Crush tournament one, make me sad.  The poor thing looks like a doll - imagine Barbie able to talk - and completely not human.  I would like to hope that was not her intention, but that’s the result, for sure!

Barbie's body is out of proportion, but at least her face is relatively normal.    I think [insert name] Kardashian  looks more like a Bratz doll. 

As I googled this image, I found out that I'm FAR from alone in thinking this.

bratz.JPG

• Like 12

I HATE the Ziploc commercial with some guy and some kids rolling stuff around in glitter and making such a horrible mess. Let's hope they know the Bissell lady.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

I HATE the Ziploc commercial with some guy and some kids rolling stuff around in glitter and making such a horrible mess. Let's hope they know the Bissell lady.

They are actually cleaning the glitter by picking up the glitter with the goo and putting it in the Ziploc bags. No Bissel lady needed.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

20 minutes ago, chessiegal said:
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

They are actually cleaning the glitter by picking up the glitter with the goo and putting it in the Ziploc bags. No Bissel lady needed.

I thought that too about the mess.  I can see not needing to vacuum the tabletop, but does dad and kids plan to roll that goo all over the floor?  That glitter is like Christmas tree pine needles - you'll be finding them in corners and crevices for years to come!

• Like 5
  • Laugh 3

2 minutes ago, ctlady said:

I thought that too about the mess.  I can see not needing to vacuum the tabletop, but does dad and kids plan to roll that goo all over the floor?  That glitter is like Christmas tree pine needles - you'll be finding them in corners and crevices for years to come!

I have a niece in law who used to send her Christmas cards filled with glitter. We'd be finding that shit all over the house for months. It got to the point where I'd just toss her cards without opening them.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 2

Goo and glitter- just what I  always wanted to have get tracked into my home- NOT.  I also hate glitter spread on tablecloths during parties. Just because it's shiny doesn't mean that it's not messy and  a pain to have around. 

Yeah, the folks in the commercial are picking up the glitter with the goo and throwing the mess into plastic bags but guess what- they've now just added to  a landfill with stuff that wasn't  worth  even being brought into their home in the first place!

• Like 3

My SIL had me spread sort-of glitter half-inch stars in red, silver, & blue for the July 4th party (before lockdown).  I didn't mind doing it because I wasn't gonna have to clean it up.  (I have learned that the most I can do is clear the table. She & my brother have loading the dishwasher & cleaning up the kitchen choreographed into a delightful ballet. And there's no arguing.)

I used to have a friend that sent booby-trapped birthday cards. I still opened them, but over the kitchen wastebasket.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

14 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I have a niece in law who used to send her Christmas cards filled with glitter. We'd be finding that shit all over the house for months. It got to the point where I'd just toss her cards without opening them.

I used to put a little glitter in cards to friends ages and years ago, just a little, but even that never goes away. Ever. I never touch the stuff now. We could have a nuclear apocalypse and there would still be glitter lying around!

• Like 2

On 9/24/2021 at 2:35 PM, Blergh said:

Me too.  I like the actress and I always thought the line "And remembers things, apparently" showed an advanced sense of humor.   Though I did wonder why she was kinda/sorta dressed like the St. Pauli girl.

• Like 5