Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

And still no pics of the baby.  So strange. That pizza reminds me of the boxed Chef Boy R Dee ones. Couldn't get more basic. 

Maybe baby is very fussy and difficult.  That's enough to make mom exhausted, particularly with a toddler to care for as well, a toddler who's used to quite a bit of attention also.

Turned out our oldest had reflux.   Stretched our plan of two years before a second child into four years.   At first we assumed she had colic.  Eventually even my mother said, nope, you had colic as a baby and you were nowhere near that fussy.   Then I was repeatedly told I was just a new mother and had spoiled her.   Well, I must have been one heck of an overachiever, she's graduated from college and still has reflux.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
17 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Maybe baby is very fussy and difficult.  That's enough to make mom exhausted, particularly with a toddler to care for as well, a toddler who's used to quite a bit of attention also.

Turned out our oldest had reflux.   Stretched our plan of two years before a second child into four years.   At first we assumed she had colic.  Eventually even my mother said, nope, you had colic as a baby and you were nowhere near that fussy.   Then I was repeatedly told I was just a new mother and had spoiled her.   Well, I must have been one heck of an overachiever, she's graduated from college and still has reflux.  

Just saying with all the pics of Lissy from birth, and knowing what famewhores they are, it's just odd we've seen no pics at all since she was born. 

• Love 13
17 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

cnv97onitld61.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

He's such an idiot.... I watched the video and he did the taste test straight out of the oven, bubbling lava cheese and he tries to look cool and take a bite only to wind up looking like a spewing jackass with his mouth on fire..🔥 

Wtf? Why not wait a minute and take a normal bite and enjoy it... What a weirdo. 🙄

• LOL 12
  • Love 6

I was surprised to read about the negative blowback toward the way Jeremy talks to Jinger during their podcasts--it was at the end of the article about getting a nanny and being exhausted. There are apparently a lot of people calling Jeremy out and urging Jinger to leave him. Interesting.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, magpye29 said:

I was surprised to read about the negative blowback toward the way Jeremy talks to Jinger during their podcasts--it was at the end of the article about getting a nanny and being exhausted. There are apparently a lot of people calling Jeremy out and urging Jinger to leave him. Interesting.

Its funny how fans and followers react to certain things.

Jill is much worse with Derick. She talks over him, interrupts him and changes his answers, much like Jeremy does with Jinger. Jill use to do this during talking heads and does is now, during their current videos.

I'm guessing part of the reason folks are harder on Jeremy is because he used the word meek to describe Jinger and now its assumed she is. That and because he is male. IMO, not one Duggar is meek.

Jinger and the rest of the Duggar 19 certainly were raised in an oppressed environment, taught a skewed interpretation of the mainstream world and had a less than robust education, but they were also taught their way was the superior way, were featured on a successful TV show and have many adoring fans.  I'd say they all came out with healthy self-esteem. Too healthy to sit back and let anyone consistently walk all over them.

Other than missing her family, I think Jinger is quite happy with her life and with her marriage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
17 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Your homemade pizzas sound a lot like the ones Jill makes.  Honestly,  if Jill was the one who posted that pizza, I would say it's a step up from the other ones she has posted.  I expect more from the Vuolos.

I wonder how Jinger, who was raised on a steady diet of slop, handles Jeremy's pretentious taste on a no-job-having budget?  Maybe that's why she's always photographed like she's in the process of eating, but not actually eating.  Maybe she saves her portion of grilled beet vinaigrette/diced arugula/hand-raised cauliflower pizza for Jeremy and she just finishes his crusts.

• LOL 1
16 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Just saying with all the pics of Lissy from birth, and knowing what famewhores they are, it's just odd we've seen no pics at all since she was born. 

Agree.  I was just hypothesizing what might possibly be behind it, and reports of Jinger being so exhausted.  I genuinely hope it's not PPD, because I think Jinger will have been conditioned not to acknowledge it, let alone address it.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Agree.  I was just hypothesizing what might possibly be behind it, and reports of Jinger being so exhausted.  I genuinely hope it's not PPD, because I think Jinger will have been conditioned not to acknowledge it, let alone address it.  

I hope Jinger's fine as well. I thinks there's more to it though. Jeremy would still have the ability to post pictures even if Jinger is not up to it.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Its funny how fans and followers react to certain things.

Jill is much worse with Derick. She talks over him, interrupts him and changes his answers, much like Jeremy does with Jinger. Jill use to do this during talking heads and does is now, during their current videos.

I'm guessing part of the reason folks are harder on Jeremy is because he used the word meek to describe Jinger and now its assumed she is. That and because he is male. IMO, not one Duggar is meek.

Jinger and the rest of the Duggar 19 certainly were raised in an oppressed environment, taught a skewed interpretation of the mainstream world and had a less than robust education, but they were also taught their way was the superior way, were featured on a successful TV show and have many adoring fans.  I'd say they all came out with healthy self-esteem. Too healthy to sit back and let anyone consistently walk all over them.

Other than missing her family, I think Jinger is quite happy with her life and with her marriage.

Derick also has autonomy and has been making decisions with Jill about their family. He chose to go to law school. He also seems to be the one who wanted to quit the show. Jeremy seems firmly in control of his family. It's hard to tell if any of the choices are made by Jinger. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

No you aren’t dear. Your hair is a mess. 

She must straighten her hair a lot. Guess Jer can not accept that she got naturally curly/wavy hair 

Jing hasn't moved far from the usual duggar practice - watch a video/buy a product and "I am a professional....'

• LOL 11
  • Love 7

Something must not be right...Felicity's outfit doesn't match.

Seriously though, I hope the baby is healthy, and I hope that if Jinger is suffering from PPD, Jeremy recognizes it, helps her out, and doesn't make her shill crap and do podcasts and Instagram him eating and drinking every damn day.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
50 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

48679EBA-67BD-47C9-BE0B-B6A6BAED1D01.jpeg

839E9B6E-261A-4E95-BFB8-33B84BC4EF01.jpeg

Far be it for me to suggest that exposing children to music and not only words, but rich vocabulary and poetic phrasing.   However, we are dealing with a preschooler who I'm not even sure would qualify to attend a formal preschool quite yet.   There's certainly nothing wrong with exposing her to this hymn certainly, but to suggest she's even able to engage intellectually with even a small percentage of these lyrics in a meaningful way is preposterous.

So much so that if I were British I might suggest someone was taking the piss.  While her education would hardly be considered aspirational, I do believe that Jinger does have enough experience with small children to immediately understand Felicity simply cannot grasp at real meaning here and would realize this would set lots of eyes rolling in disbelief.   My gut tells me this came from the father Felicity would point to if you asked her who the song was about, not the heavenly one.  

• Love 14

if felicity stops needing to be their perfect prop for social media I am good with that. i think new nanny (same nanny they always had) dressed her, took her for a walk, took a pic and they "created content" matching it with a hymn

I was worried when Jing stated she "got cleared" to start work outs in the silly home gym. the baby is 2 months old, home gym is like what, a treadmill and yoga mats on a pretty rack on the wall and some hand weights right? why would she need to be "cleared" for that? and cleared by who?  (and for the grammar folks, maybe I should have said by whom) 🙂

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

if felicity stops needing to be their perfect prop for social media I am good with that. i think new nanny (same nanny they always had) dressed her, took her for a walk, took a pic and they "created content" matching it with a hymn

I was worried when Jing stated she "got cleared" to start work outs in the silly home gym. the baby is 2 months old, home gym is like what, a treadmill and yoga mats on a pretty rack on the wall and some hand weights right? why would she need to be "cleared" for that? and cleared by who?  (and for the grammar folks, maybe I should have said by whom) 🙂

Cleared by her OB/GYN? I had to wait til  my kids were 6-8 weeks old before I could start working out. I went back for my 6 week checkup and she said I was good to go. 

Edited by QuinnInND
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Cleared by her OB/GYN? I had to wait til  my kids were 6-8 weeks old before I could start working out. I went back for my 6 week checkup and she said I was good to go. 

Same here. My legs seemed to easily "pop out" of my hip sockets for a few weeks after each birth, I assume because the ligaments were still loosened up. (I'd just kinda shake my leg to put everything back in place. Did not hurt).

As for that complicated verse.... my daughter was an amazing mimic when she was 2, and I taught her the Gettysburg Address. She had absolutely no idea what she was saying, only that it made adults clap and cheer. Could be the same here. (P.S. She's 35 now, and still know the GA by heart! As well as all the presidents, in order. Great party trick, at 2 AND in one's 30s!)

And the alleged depression? I'd believe it. Recall the few Jinger pics we've seen, where people observed that she looked "tired". I'm sure she WAS tired, but the reason she LOOKED tired was NO MAKEUP. To me, that's very telling in a couple that relies so heavily on a curated image.

And although the lack of newborn pics is most likely due to $$, another plausible explanation could be colic. There are very few happy pics of my first child before age 3 months.... but a LOT of screaming pics. Throw an older sibling into the mix, and that might be a scenario in which it's just hard for the V's to catch the perfect photo. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Tikichick said:

but to suggest she's even able to engage intellectually with even a small percentage of these lyrics in a meaningful way is preposterous.

I didn't see where he suggested that.  He said the hymn was meaningful to him.  Singing songs and a kid learning the words before understanding happens all the time and at least for me is not a problem at all.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Ginger would be better off teaching Felicity “Jesus Loves Me”. It’s much more age appropriate. 

She could learn both.  It doesn't have to be one or the other.

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, beckie said:

She didn't do as many pregnancy pics with Evangeline, either as she did with Felicity.  She just doesn't seem as "in" to this baby. 

Or there's something wrong with her.  😞

20 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

He's such an idiot.... I watched the video and he did the taste test straight out of the oven, bubbling lava cheese and he tries to look cool and take a bite only to wind up looking like a spewing jackass with his mouth on fire..🔥 

Wtf? Why not wait a minute and take a normal bite and enjoy it... What a weirdo. 🙄

Anything for the ‘gram 🙄

• LOL 8

My daughter's first baby was placid.  He fed quickly and easily and could be put on any play mat, blanket, swing, etc., and be happy.  He was happy with almost any warm body.  The second was Grumpy Cat reincarnate.  You couldn't even sit down while holding her or she'd scream.  So we all walked miles with her.  Put her on her tummy on a mat.  Not on your life person.  I was invited to move in for most of the child's first four months.  She then rolled herself over and had a new personality.  If the Vuolos have that kind of infant, I wouldn't be at all surprised at a lack of photos, everyone being exhausted, and Felicity even side eyeing the baby.  Those are some intense infants to handle.  With Jinger apparently not importing a sister to help and we know Michelle isn't doing it, a nanny or part-time helper may be in their best interest if that's what they're facing.  Grumpy Cat defeated a room of seven experienced mothers one evening before they brought her back to me. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Grumpy Cat defeated a room of seven experienced mothers one evening before they brought her back to me. 

I'm in awe of Grumpy Cat! 

I'd kind of wondered if this second baby wasn't as easy as Felicity, but I thought of it more in fairly theoretical terms since I've heard people talk about that. (For my grandma, it was the reverse. Her first child was really demanding, so she thought there was something wrong with my dad because he was easier.) I don't really know a lot about kids hands-on, so I didn't realize a Grumpy Cat baby could be quite that grumpy. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Felicity looks almost unkempt in that picture.  In mismatching clothes and hair that needs tending.

Something is amiss!

Note the leaves everywhere. That pic was taken last fall when Jinger was big pregnant. She was probably pretty miserable and doing her best to keep it together knowing that she wasn't going to get any help from her spouse.

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, beckie said:

She didn't do as many pregnancy pics with Evangeline, either as she did with Felicity.  She just doesn't seem as "in" to this baby. 

Maybe she was scared a bit due to the miscarriage?

I had problematic pregnancies and was scared if I will bring it to term and have a baby. So I did not want to take pictures. Even in safer weeks, it just slipped my mind.

Now I admit I am sorry about that.

• Love 8

Does that hymn make anyone else's speculation antennas prickly?

Jinger finding comfort in reinforcing her belief that God created everything. Just a coinkydink that she posts this during a time with no pics or updates of EJ? Or are they that conniving and want speculation?

Or am I just reading too much into this?

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Does that hymn make anyone else's speculation antennas prickly?

Jinger finding comfort in reinforcing her belief that God created everything. Just a coinkydink that she posts this during a time with no pics or updates of EJ? Or are they that conniving and want speculation?

Or am I just reading too much into this?

My instincts went either contriving/striving to be in touch with the current mood or just a day that ends in y is day we praise God!

Edited by Temperance
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm in awe of Grumpy Cat! 

I'd kind of wondered if this second baby wasn't as easy as Felicity, but I thought of it more in fairly theoretical terms since I've heard people talk about that. (For my grandma, it was the reverse. Her first child was really demanding, so she thought there was something wrong with my dad because he was easier.) I don't really know a lot about kids hands-on, so I didn't realize a Grumpy Cat baby could be quite that grumpy. 

It's absolutely possible.  Grumpy Cat sounds like a sister from another mother to my eldest I talked about above.   Ours never slept through the night the first 18 months of her life, often needing to be held upright as we sat in a chair to sleep at all.   At times I wondered if lack of sleep was actually going to do me in.   When we finally were ready to go forward with baby number two we actually held our breath standing over the crib after putting her in, watched her snuggle up just so, close her eyes and drift off to sleep.  Could not believe it actually was possible.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, skatelady said:

And although the lack of newborn pics is most likely due to $$, another plausible explanation could be colic. There are very few happy pics of my first child before age 3 months.... but a LOT of screaming pics. Throw an older sibling into the mix, and that might be a scenario in which it's just hard for the V's to catch the perfect photo. 

This was my life for three straight months back in 2000 - a four year old and a baby that cried every day from about 2pm until 9pm.  If my husband had suggested to me that I fix my hair, put on makeup and hold up a candle for an Instagram photo, I would've lost what was left of my mind.

I just hope that he's helping out.  His social media blatherings suggest that he is not. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Note the leaves everywhere.

Point of discussion.  In SoCal we have had two recent leaves everywhere events.  Our leaves do not all drop in the fall.  Some hang around for the January wind storms.  My driveway had quite the leaf litter when I came home and a neighbor's yard could use raking from the latest rain storm.

• Useful 6
  • Love 7