Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKmHLpABZ3t/?igshid=p87ijscmf9l4

She looks awful. Like she's been crying or just exhausted. Or both. 

Something is very wrong there.  For the lack of baby pictures, Jinger with no makeup and so many changes, it all just invites wild speculation.  They don't seem to know how these changes appear to their audience.  I don't want to add speculation beyond stating that there is problem there. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

It does invite speculation, but is that by accident or by design?  I can see Jinger not caring one lick at the moment about how she appears on Instagram - she just knows that she's GOT to put some content out there because that's the life that Rev. FancyPants has chosen for them - they are "important Christian influencers" in Jeremy's mind.  But Jeremy - I would not put it past him that hiding the baby pictures in favor of a makeup-free and exhausted-looking Jinger are exactly the mystery he wants to curate.  I don't think Jeremy does anything by accident.

• Useful 2
  • Love 21

I'm cynical enough to think that this is all part of the Vuolos' marketing strategy for the podcast and book.  I would not put it past them to attempt to monetize something like PPD and wrap it up in a nice MacArthur brand of Christianity bow.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't know how to properly phrase this, because I don't wish depression or other mental health issues on anyone. However, I hope whatever is going on with Jinger is real, because if this is just a stage-managed act to draw interest for their book, than that is really fucked up. 

I understand one-to-two kids is an adjustment for anyone, but the abrupt turnaround (no makeup, no more pictures of kids, rumors of marital issues, etc.) feels a bit too contrived. Remember, Jeremy has no job. Unless he's the most useless, insensitive spouse on the planet, there's no reason for Jinger to look like death warmed over. 

Jeremy isn't exactly a hands on helper of a spouse from what we've seen.  I didn't look that bad when I was alone with a 5 year old and newborn twins. I sure as hell wasn't a fashion plate, but I didn't look anywhere near what she does. As my grandma used to say, somethings rotten in Denmark. 

• Love 7

I wasn't following them when felicity was born etc so I'm wondering how many pics did they post because everyone keeps saying they're not posting any pics of Evy but I've seen several pics of her on instagram.

Were they posting a lot more of Felicity?

Or are you all talking about pics in People magazine or other publications?

Sorry just trying to understand what you're all referring to. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I wasn't following them when felicity was born etc so I'm wondering how many pics did they post because everyone keeps saying they're not posting any pics of Evy but I've seen several pics of her on instagram.

Were they posting a lot more of Felicity?

Or are you all talking about pics in People magazine or other publications?

Sorry just trying to understand what you're all referring to. 

I just took a gander at Jinger's Instagram posts since Evy was born, and I do find her posts of Evy to be lacking compared to other moms these days.  Evy just turned 2 months old and there was no post with 2 month pictures, nor did Jinger post a one month picture of her.  My nephew is less than 2 years younger than my niece, and my sister still found time to post his monthly pictures.  My cousin's wife has 4 kids and still is/was able to post her sons' monthly pictures in a timely fashion.  Anna Duggar found time for all of Maryella's monthly pictures.  Frankly, it's odd that Jinger has not posted any of Evy when she did them with Felicity.  I also find it odd that neither Jinger nor Jeremy did any post with the girls for Christmas, and all of their pictures except for one of their trip to the mountains were of them.  If you have the time to take a picture of Jeremy throwing a snowball, you have the time to take a cute picture of Felicity playing in the snow.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I just took a gander at Jinger's Instagram posts since Evy was born, and I do find her posts of Evy to be lacking compared to other moms these days.  Evy just turned 2 months old and there was no post with 2 month pictures, nor did Jinger post a one month picture of her.  My nephew is less than 2 years younger than my niece, and my sister still found time to post his monthly pictures.  My cousin's wife has 4 kids and still is/was able to post her sons' monthly pictures in a timely fashion.  Anna Duggar found time for all of Maryella's monthly pictures.  Frankly, it's odd that Jinger has not posted any of Evy when she did them with Felicity.  I also find it odd that neither Jinger nor Jeremy did any post with the girls for Christmas, and all of their pictures except for one of their trip to the mountains were of them.  If you have the time to take a picture of Jeremy throwing a snowball, you have the time to take a cute picture of Felicity playing in the snow.  

That's interesting...Did you happen to check Jer's instagram?

I'm just wondering if he's the same, did he post a lot of pics of Felicity?

If they're both posting a lot less of Evy it does make me wonder, is it because she's the second child or is there something else going on.

I'm wondering if they're trying to be mysterious on purpose in hopes of stirring up interest.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

If they're both posting a lot less of Evy it does make me wonder, is it because she's the second child or is there something else going on.

I'm wondering if they're trying to be mysterious on purpose in hopes of stirring up interest.

Jeremy has posted more pictures of Evy, but those are from last year.  He has only done one post this year.  He has been using the Stories feature on Instagram though.  Those are the ones that disappear after 24 hours.  He spent the end of December posting pictures of him enjoying himself in the mountains, or him staring thoughtfully out of a window.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I wonder if someone explained to them how dangerous it was to post pictures of the girls on social media when they were so ( well somewhat) famous and actually convinced them it could be dangerous?

That's a good point, they're at a level of celebrity where a significant amount of strangers know who they are but they don't have the type of money real celebrities have that allows them to have security people, bodyguards or a gated mansion.

I'd hate to be that well known and not have the finances to protect myself and my family.

I read a book about Lucille Ball and in the beginning people would ring her doorbell at all hours and even throw down a blanket on her lawn and have a picnic, she started turning on her sprinkler system to shoo them away but eventually she had to increase her security.

I'd never ring someone's doorbell and I certainly wouldn't even dream of picnicking on someone's lawn but there's lots of weirdos out there who have no problem invading someone's space, I'd be terrified to have 2 little girls and not know what crazy person might become obsessed with my family but on the other hand they need to promote themselves if they want to be influencers.

• Love 6

Bill and Jen had a few surprises when they lived in Texas. First, their house stuck out in their neighborhood, and people figured out rather quickly where they lived. The first time they were having dinner, door bell rang, and Bill found himself face to face with some excited fans. It did unnerve him. But they continued filming just like the Vuolos will. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

It would be great if they suddenly realized that it’s not ok to exploit your children’s pictures for clicks, but there’s no way that’s the truth.

• Love 24
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Joy has posted a fair number of pictures of Evelyn, but then again, although she is the second child she is the first girl. 

I just think they have posted fewer pictures of both children since Evy was born. It seems to be primarily of the parents.

6 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKmHLpABZ3t/?igshid=p87ijscmf9l4

She looks awful. Like she's been crying or just exhausted. Or both. 

Yep, she looks like she’s been crying and is getting ready to cry again.  She has a pic of Jeremy in her IG story, and he looks like he’s been on a 3-day drunk.  I’m thinking that they have a colicky baby, maybe?  There may not be anymore Vuolo offspring.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Yep, she looks like she’s been crying and is getting ready to cry again.  She has a pic of Jeremy in her IG story, and he looks like he’s been on a 3-day drunk.  I’m thinking that they have a colicky baby, maybe?  There may not be anymore Vuolo offspring.

Yay! 2 of Vuolo offspring is plenty!

Honestly I bet they will try for a boy soon. Jeremy probably wants a son.

• Love 8

It’s strange to me that they’d post a photo of her looking like she’s been crying. You’d think they’d pick a better one to further their polished image. And it’s not hard for people with no responsibilities to take and post photos of their baby, considering Jeremy clearly has his phone in hand at all times and has no trouble being active on social media. I don’t buy that they’re too busy to take photos or post. I’m not sure of the reason, but I believe it’s a specific choice. 

• Love 9

I seriously doubt that Jeremy and Jinger stopped posting pics of their kids for safety reasons. (Though I'd commend them if they did because that's something I've bitched about on here for quite a while.)

I think it's quite likely they are stockpiling stuff for their book, but I think there's something more afoot than that. Jinger and Jeremy both look awful. I think the speculation that they're finding 2 kids overwhelming (and/or that Evy might be a lot less compliant than Felicity was) is probably spot-on. 

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'm in the group that thinks they are building up interest in the book!  With that said it they were struggling I think Duggers would be arriving to help!

That's how they roll.

How is it aspirational to post pics looking like shit? I suppose it could be argued that they're trying out "relatable" these days. But do you want to buy a book written by a couple of slobs?

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

How is it aspirational to post pics looking like shit? I suppose it could be argued that they're trying out "relatable" these days. But do you want to buy a book written by a couple of slobs?

I’d rather buy a book from someone flawed and authentic than someone with a fake, staged life. But I wouldn’t buy their book either way.

• Love 17
38 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

With that said it they were struggling I think Duggers would be arriving to help!

That's how they roll.

You have a lot more faith in the Duggar work ethic and spirit of charity than I do. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

With all the crap they go through to make money, wouldn't it be less work just to get a job ?

But then how could they be holier than all the working stiffs?

Ironically your question is one that comes up often at my office -- in regard to criminals who are what we call frequent flyers or repeat offenders.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

6 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I’d rather buy a book from someone flawed and authentic than someone with a fake, staged life. But I wouldn’t buy their book either way.

I think if Jinger did post some carefully crafted pics of their kids being overwhelming, that would actually endear her more to her followers.  Admitting that her life isn't perfect with two kids under 3 is a good call if you are trying to sell a book.  There is a fine line she would have to walk not to post anything that could be viewed as embarrassing for her girls, but it can be done.  For some reason both her and Jeremy are ignoring whatever is happening on behind the scenes while posting pics of them in a less than flattering light.  Take that one with them playing cards, it would have been very easy to caption that pic with something along the lines of parenting two kids is rough but we still find time for each other.  The hairdryer thingee Jinger was trying to shill the other day could be captioned with something showing how this product cuts down on the time needed to do her hair and why that is great for a mom of two.  Jeremy's pizza story from the other day could also praise Jinger for pumping out a homemade dinner while dealing with Evy and Felicity.  It's not that hard, but for some reason they are not doing it.  I can't think that their publicist would tell them to ignore their kids either.  

• Love 18
12 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I think if Jinger did post some carefully crafted pics of their kids being overwhelming, that would actually endear her more to her followers.  Admitting that her life isn't perfect with two kids under 3 is a good call if you are trying to sell a book.  There is a fine line she would have to walk not to post anything that could be viewed as embarrassing for her girls, but it can be done.  For some reason both her and Jeremy are ignoring whatever is happening on behind the scenes while posting pics of them in a less than flattering light.  Take that one with them playing cards, it would have been very easy to caption that pic with something along the lines of parenting two kids is rough but we still find time for each other.  The hairdryer thingee Jinger was trying to shill the other day could be captioned with something showing how this product cuts down on the time needed to do her hair and why that is great for a mom of two.  Jeremy's pizza story from the other day could also praise Jinger for pumping out a homemade dinner while dealing with Evy and Felicity.  It's not that hard, but for some reason they are not doing it.  I can't think that their publicist would tell them to ignore their kids either.  

This is why I personally don't think they are hiding away on purpose to create publicity for the book. They and their advisors are just not good at social media or strategy. They have no idea how to run an engagement campaign or how to properly leverage their accounts for the best interest and returns. It really isn't that hard and if they had any type of sense or real, actual professionals advising them, they'd be using their accounts to their advantage like the "breakout stars" they are. 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

It is interesting.   Even the latest pic of Felicity doesn't show her face.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I think if Jinger did post some carefully crafted pics of their kids being overwhelming, that would actually endear her more to her followers.  Admitting that her life isn't perfect with two kids under 3 is a good call if you are trying to sell a book. 

but these are Duggars and they do things a bit different. instead of trying to actually relate they have a gossip rag story on they are looking for a nanny. that will not relate with a bunch of followers/parents not able to do such a thing ever. the Vuolo's carefully crafted to this point has been Jer with fountain pens, pocket squares, eating gourmet, posing for pics in deep thought etc. and then the failed attempts to shill products every once in a while

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I don't know how to properly phrase this, because I don't wish depression or other mental health issues on anyone. However, I hope whatever is going on with Jinger is real, because if this is just a stage-managed act to draw interest for their book, than that is really fucked up. 

I understand one-to-two kids is an adjustment for anyone, but the abrupt turnaround (no makeup, no more pictures of kids, rumors of marital issues, etc.) feels a bit too contrived. Remember, Jeremy has no job. Unless he's the most useless, insensitive spouse on the planet, there's no reason for Jinger to look like death warmed over. 

Even her lips are horribly chapped.  Breastfeeding can be dehydrating if she doesn't drink enough water.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Take that one with them playing cards, it would have been very easy to caption that pic with something along the lines of parenting two kids is rough but we still find time for each other.  The hairdryer thingee Jinger was trying to shill the other day could be captioned with something showing how this product cuts down on the time needed to do her hair and why that is great for a mom of two.  Jeremy's pizza story from the other day could also praise Jinger for pumping out a homemade dinner while dealing with Evy and Felicity.  It's not that hard, but for some reason they are not doing it.  I can't think that their publicist would tell them to ignore their kids either.  

These are all good and simple strategies that the Vuolos could definitely use in an attempt to relate to their followers and drum up interest in their book, if that is indeed what they're doing now.  Jeremy - he of the $250 fountain pen and sermons that squeeze in every three-syllable word he knows in an attempt to condescend to his parishioners - could surely come up with a halfway decent caption to these recent photos...heaven knows he can do it when he's waxing philosophical as he ponders his latest soy latte, or straddles a Vespa to show off his colorful douchy socks, or scarfs down a $27 hamburger in the restaurant parking lot.  He could do it if he wanted to now, but he isn't.  That's the puzzle.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Well never Michelle or Jim Bob but a couple of kids for sure!

I don't even really see this for the kids who live in Arkansas, though. It seems like if you want "help," you go to the TTH to dump your kids off with the other feral children. I've never seen any of the siblings even seem open to moving in with another one temporarily to help for the ones in Arkansas, let alone if you are out of state. I don't think most of them are really all that close.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

hvienom904e61.jpg

Jeremy looks like a Lifetime villain at that point in the movie where they start to crack under the weight of maintaining the con. Like he's mentally willing himself to keep his shit together when he really wants to leap across the table and throttle Jinger. I think he hates family life and it shows.

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

If the Vuolos are indeed approaching Defcon 1, it seems Mama Vuolo would absolutely jump in to help.

I don't think that's necessarily a given. They may not want to ask for help, and she may not want to hang around that house, even beyond the pandemic. I don't think the lack of obvious family help automatically means there isn't a problem. 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Zella said:

I don't think that's necessarily a given. They may not want to ask for help, and she may not want to hang around that house, even beyond the pandemic. I don't think the lack of obvious family help automatically means there isn't a problem. 

Not what I was suggesting.   It seems to me that if they were in deep crisis Jeremy would reach out for his parents, or his mother in particular, to come and help, not the Duggars.

Let's face it, Michelle can't/won't come and be of assistance -- back muscle anyone?  That would mean a Duggar sister.  Not sure Jana would be interested, or if she could get away easily with so many kids of her own at home.  That means one of the youngest sisters.  Given they were the end of the train they don't have the childcare experience Jana, Jill, Jessa or Jinger did at this age.   They may "help out" with the grandkid free for all in the TTH, but that's not the same as really providing competent care for babies or toddlers.  (Gideon in the pantry, not that I'm suggesting the girls are responsible.)  I suspect the young girls actually are kept busy with household chores at TTH more than actual childcare.   That's a lot of house that gets a lot of traffic for only a few remaining female minions.    

• Love 2