Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, zoomama said:

interesting that she color arranges everything there. 

I arrange most things by color in my closet.  I leaned that tip in a workshop once, and it does make it easier to find what I'm looking for.  

• Love 5

Remember too the Duggers all love thrift store shopping.  I bet Jinger hit the jackpot with most of those  clothes by shopping smart.

Our local thrift store has brand new beautiful clothes for babies and youngsters for $1 -2 bucks!

She likes to craft so I'm thinking the hair bows are made by her!  YouTube has lots of videos on all kinds of hairbows!

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Remember too the Duggers all love thrift store shopping.  I bet Jinger hit the jackpot with most of those  clothes by shopping smart.

Our local thrift store has brand new beautiful clothes for babies and youngsters for $1 -2 bucks!

RFP would never allow his props to wear second-hand clothing.  Or for Jinger to be caught by the paps at a Goodwill.  

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Twenty bucks says Jeremy submitted that.

He sat at the keyboard and wrote breakout stars and thought to himself, too obvious? So he backspaced, thought some more, then re-typed it, then backspaced again ...

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Twenty bucks says Jeremy submitted that.

Omg, that was my first thought! I will say, I do agree about Bin. He comes across like a sullen man-child. I don't know why the Interwebz peg him as this amazing husband.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

t4g9ok6kioc61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Lol, who is hyping up Ben??  Have definitely not seen that!  😂

and I sincerely doubt jinger is thrift shopping baby clothes or saving $ by making their own hair accessories while Jeremy buys expensive pens and meals. If their lifestyle is anywhere close to what’s posted, they’re grifting loads of freebies and using mysterious funds to buy high quality gear as befitting breakout stars. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
9 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I think Jinger left thrift shops behind her a long time ago, along with Tater Tot Casserole and communal clothes closets.

There is a huge difference between thrift shopping in LA vs Arkansas.  Jinger benefits from being tiny so she has a better shot at finding good clothes cheap in thrift stores.  Jer's suit budget isn't going to leave much room for Jinger to get new clothes, so I can see her thrifting.  Labels like Brooks Brothers are probably easily found in LA thrift stores donated by women who just moved there from the East Coast.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Jinger does appear to have some legit organizational skills, between the pantry and the girls' closet. She managed to do all that even with two young children. It makes me think that in the early 19K&C days when they showed Jinger and Jessa preparing suitcases for trips and what not, that they tried to pass off Jessa as the brains behind that operation while Jinger was her sidekick - perhaps because she was the older sister or whatever. Methinks Jinger was the true organizer of the two, as that has seemed to carry over several years later.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Jinger does appear to have some legit organizational skills, between the pantry and the girls' closet. She managed to do all that even with two young children. It makes me think that in the early 19K&C days when they showed Jinger and Jessa preparing suitcases for trips and what not, that they tried to pass off Jessa as the brains behind that operation while Jinger was her sidekick - perhaps because she was the older sister or whatever. Methinks Jinger was the true organizer of the two, as that has seemed to carry over several years later.

It wouldn't surprise me if Jinger did the heavy lifting and Jessa basically acted as supervisor. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 16

I don't get why they labeled the picture with the cans the "pantry". It looks like cans, in plastic bins, on a counter. I've always thought of pantries as maybe double height cabinets, a closet or a separate room.

• Love 11

At the bottom of the article with pictures of their home is a video recapping all Duggar proposals. They are varying shades of awkward. I still think the Josh and Anna one is the worst. A couple of them just seem to have no warmth to them. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Well, according to the new story in The Sun , the organizing must have worn her out, since she's now saddled with exhaustion, nanny hiring, and marital woes: 'Jinger Duggar & Jeremy Vuolo ‘exhausted & hiring a nanny’ as they struggle with marital woes after second child’s birth' 

(link above and below -- you should read it; it's a harrowing tale. My guess is it's desirable over at The Sun because it's a very cheap story for the rag to do. Jer's dictating it to his publicist and paying the publicist to write it up and email it over, most likely. So all The Sun has to do is copy and paste, no other labor from their actual staff required. Intended as pre-publication book promotion, I suppose.)

I guess Jer wasn't satisfied with the boost in public fascination he enjoyed didn't get after the last Sun story about how they need to take a break from the podcast because of the great stress they feel from publicly uttering the same dull cliches from his highly repetitive sermons deep personal revelations on there (not).

So now he has to up the ante with a new phony tale about how they're looking into nanny hiring and have been struggling in the pandemic (while wearing no masks) because they never see their families (who visit in large groups for extended periods and also don't wear masks). 

Spoiler: Turns out the answer to it all is dressing up (imagine Jer doing that!!!?) and having Duggar-style date nights!!!! Surprise surprise surprise. 

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/2177556/jinger-duggar-jeremy-vuolo-hire-nanny-exhausted-marriage-issues/

"Now, a source [Jer and his publicist] has told The Sun they plan to hire a nanny to help care for their two children, Felicity, two, and Evangeline, as they're struggling amid the pandemic with no family nearby. 

"The insider said: "Jinger is especially exhausted, and Jeremy took time off work to help care for the children [yeah, right], but they are looking at hiring a nanny to give them some respite.

""Things have been difficult and they're feeling the strain, but they're doing everything they can to keep their family together  , and also spend time focusing on each other. [Uh....They have a grand total of two kids...They appear to be relatively healthy....So far their parents don't seem to need any help from them.....She's never had to hold even a part-time paycheck-carrying job in her life....They currently live in an apparently free house....And he's definitely getting a free four-year-long! graduate degree rather than being forced to rack up substantial education debt like most other Americans of his generation -- If they're struggling to "keep their family together" I wonder how they imagine the rest of the world is getting along....A "pastor' type who wasn't both tone deaf and one of these Jesus-came-just-to-save-ME-ME-ME types might express at least a tiny bit of empathy for what other less fortunate families might be dealing with, don't you think?]

""Jinger and Jeremy have started dressing up and cooking at home for a special date night after the girls go to bed, it's become a cute day for them to reconnect every few weeks.""

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19

No way I believe the Vuolos are hiring a nanny. Anymore so than I believe the Queen thinks Charles is unfit to be King. These 'journalists' sources are their imaginative thoughts in their own heads. Anything to get a click.

• Love 19

On the one hand, it’s totally believable that they’d be having marital problems. It’s also totally believable that they’re finding taking care of two babies overwhelming, because while it’s not a MULTITUDE of babies, Jeremy himself is super needy and they actually do both look fed up and worn down.

On the other hand, there is soooooo much bullshit in these articles that I don’t feel like they’re based on the truth whatsoever. I think they’re just to get the Vuolos some attention, and to get these “publications” some clicks — no relationship to the truth necessary. 

• Love 14

I wonder if the Vuolos are refusing to post anymore pics of their two children in hopes that more people will watch the show just to get to see them.  If that’s their game plan, they can shove it, as far as I’m concerned.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
26 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

No way I believe the Vuolos are hiring a nanny. Anymore so than I believe the Queen thinks Charles is unfit to be King. These 'journalists' sources are their imaginative thoughts in their own heads. Anything to get a click.

I don't either. They can't afford it. My teenaged niece makes over $20/hr babysitting and that's not in high-priced LaLa Land. Even if they hired someone undocumented, there's still a going rate. I think Jeremy plants these stupid stories because he wants to convince the world he's part of the caviar and cocktails crowd. 

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I wonder if the Vuolos are refusing to post anymore pics of their two children in hopes that more people will watch the show just to get to see them.  If that’s their game plan, they can shove it, as far as I’m concerned.  

That's highly likely. Because if they were genuinely going through something, they wouldn't also be participating in these tabloid stories about them. Yes, tabloids make shit up, but the Duggars/Vuolos aren't famous enough to bother writing long articles about from nothing...they have to be the ones feeding the fake info to them.

• Love 10

I wonder if this isn’t costing them fans, rather than gaining them. All kinds of couples manage to survive having two children and somehow stagger through the day...and often BOTH have jobs. 
Coming from them, this sounds awfully snotty, especially as I would think most of their leghumpers have lots more than two kids and while many may be SAHMs, I doubt many of the fathers can just take time off work to help out. Besides, the Duggar brand is that they can have a zillion kids and have a better life than anyone else, because a) better than you and b) Jesus. They’re stomping on the one successful brand they have with this, “woe is me, my diamond shoes are too tight” hiring a nanny crap.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17

Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems to me Jer must be doing all this stuff because he believes he'll ultimately be able to base their life and livelihood and his ultimate career, whatever that is, on this foundation of celebrityhood somehow. It all seems very intentional on his part. 

But I don't see how their celebrityhood, such as it is, could really be parlayed into anything that would actually support them long term or open any meaningful doors to them. Seems to me he's going to have to get an actual plain-old regular job at some point.

Surely TLC will tire of paying Duggars at some point....or at least will keep slowly whittling down the paychecks, even as the cost of living rises. None of them does anything interesting (these breakout stars very much included in that...). I suppose the Duggs may come to rival The Simpsons in tv longevity, but it's hard for me to see how and why....

I may be missing something, but I I don't see that the celebrity tv preachers that he may want to emulate have ever gone at celebrityhood in the way he's apparently trying to do it. Getting yourself into tabloids with stories of how tired you and your wife are with your -- horrors! -- two children doesn't seem to have been the building block of any celebrity preacher's early career....Seems to me the real celeb preachers just turn up in the tabloids later in their careers when they get caught having affairs or whatever. They don't start out there, with stories about "date nights" and how well they organize canned goods and toddler dresses. 

And, once again, I have a hard time seeing a lot of church congregations really wanting to hire a pastor who's obviously fed tabloid media with this kind of story about himself in search of fame. Surely the combination of triviality and utter self-absorption in that would raise questions with most hiring committees....And when that's coupled with Jer's highly mediocre preaching and seemingly pretty lackluster people skills, and his shy, retiring, non-high-energy pastor's wife who's so far seemed to get involved in no actual church activities at all, it adds up to a fairly unimpressive resume, seems to me....

I'd really like to know where Jer thinks he's actually going and how he proposes to get there. Hard for me to see him as anything but kind of delusional about that. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14

I have a feeling that all of the recent developments in the Duggalo household are related.  They hired  PR firm and, since the first of the year, have mostly posted throwback photos and put the podcast on hiatus.  Now, we've got tabloid stories about them; first with just tiny glimpses of their home and then a story that suggests marital problems.  I suspect the plan is to get their names out in public and have people start wondering about them, where they are and what they're doing .  Why?  So that in the spring, they can go public and return triumphantly with a resumption of posts and podcasts. not to mention details on how Jesus saved their marriage and now they are the happiest couple in the world.  They are trying to get people guessing in hopes of getting more media buzz just in time for the publication of the book in May.  They are probably betting that some of the websites, magazines and TV shows that wouldn't ordinarily have much interest in giving them free publicity for their book, will latch onto their story of redemption so they can plug the book to a wider audience.

We know TLC has done some filming for the next season of Counting On, but I don't believe they've announced a premiere date; it seems unlikely that Jer and Jing will be getting any PR mileage out of the show prior to the release of the book.  I think they and their PR team are a bit delusional if they think that any of this stuff is going to drum up massive public interest in their book, but every little bit counts, and, so far, none of this has cost them anything.

As far as Jeremy staying home from 'work'; I was unaware that he was employed full time in the first place.  He seems to mainly hang around drinking coffee and modeling douchey outfits at home.  I think that, just as they seemingly live rent-free in the home of someone affiliated with MacArthur's enterprise; if they 'hire' a nanny, she will be a young sister-mom who is the child of someone else in the organization who won't get paid.  They'll probably promise to get her on camera next time TLC films and that will suffice.

• Love 22
9 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

My guess is that Jer assumes he will work for McCarthy.

Yeah, I think you're probably right. .... But that's almost certainly going to make him somebody's flunkie, and not the celeb he seems to be trying to make himself into....So it still seems odd, to me ............

.And then of course there's also the issue of JM's already being 81. Somebody (or somebodies) else is going to take over...So Jer's going to have to make sure he hitches himself to the right star....And that may be easier said than done. Hard to see that there won't be a gigantic fracas as a bunch of would-be heirs fight to the death over pieces of the "empire." And maybe the person who comes out on top will have different tastes than JM and won't want a toadie of Jer's particular ilk. There are always lots of kinds of toadies to choose from! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8

A question from not-exactly-a-baby-fan*...don’t they grow up super fast? Waiting months to post baby pictures just seems like an odd strategy...even Prop is rapidly approaching young girlhood, which doesn’t seem to give most of the Baby Fans quite the same feels?

*Now show me a puppy and I’m instantly schmooshy...

ETA: Because I’m too lazy to Google...does MacArthur have sons or another favorite blood male relative? Because I don’t see him handing off the Kingdom to a failed soccer player...

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 10
Just now, Oldernowiser said:

A question from nofor t-exactly-a-baby-fan*...don’t they grow up super fast? Waiting months to post baby pictures just seems like an odd strategy...even Prop is rapidly approaching young girlhood, which doesn’t seem to give most of the Baby Fans quite the same feels?

*Now show me a puppy and I’m instantly schmooshy...

The first couple months, newborns are pretty much a sack of potatoes, photo wise.  Around 3-4 months, they start to really respond to their surroundings, smile, laugh and otherwise develop more personality.  Prop II will be around 5-6 months old when the book is released, she will be much more adorable and animated than she is now, anyway.  It may also be that the PR people have advised withholding photos of the new baby in hopes that fans will start to pester Jing and Jer for some pics and, once again, drum up more interest in her.  The new book could easily contain 'exclusive' photos of the baby during her  first month or two that will only be available to those who buy it.  There are leghumpers out there who would probably rush out and buy it immediately in order to get access to them.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

I don’t think the two of them had anything to do with the article from inTouch, beyond the fact Jinger and Jeremy post on social media. The pictures were taken from Instagram. The story was written based on posts. It wasn’t an “exclusive”. It was also a rehash of a similar article from January, 2019.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 15