Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

He really is an a**.  I presume he is taking this stance because it brings him notoriety and approval from a certain segment of the population.

As for his insistence that it would be 'impossible' for his church to follow the guidelines on safely holding services, what a crock!  My church does it, plenty of others do it. He has a massive congregation who are undoubtedly required to tithe to the church, unlike us Catholics.  There's no way he couldn't hire someone to help them work it out, if he wanted.  He simply doesn't want to do it because he wants the publicity behaving like a jerk and claiming to be a martyr brings him.

Ever so surprised that, despite the fact his leader has been outspoken on the subject, Jeremy has yet to say a single word about it.  Chickensh**.

Yep. MacArthur is heavily into making his ideological point here for his audience. I expect he hopes that it'll have larger results than just fame for him, though. I expect he and his attorneys hope that this will be one of many effective actions that turn some public sentiment against the liberal leadership of California. The law firm definitely sees it as a larger battle and I expect he'd like it to be bigger than just him as well. I think he wants to be known as the leader of a crusade to stop what he believes is religious oppression that he and his crowd face. Or at least make a whole lot of heroic-to-him noise about it. 

And then there's Jer.....I think he probably believes that his post about masked and unmasked is a definitive and convincing word about the issue! 😁

He has fancy pens, but what he writes with them is no great shakes. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

hared from Northridge-Chatsworth, CA

Grace Community Church Defies Court With Packed Sunday Service

Pastor John MacArthur mocked county coronavirus health orders Sunday and defied a judge order to preach to a packed church in Sun Valley.

https://patch.com/california/palosverdes/s/h8onp/grace-community-church-defies-court-packed-sunday-service?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_term=community+corner&utm_campaign=autopost&utm_content=palosverdes&fbclid=IwAR0TSOr-MPH7VI-k-AkksxMPldaJR998CNr-Kw7HWzqa5pUYjznxFMOc8fA

Splendid! A hop, skip and a jump from my neighborhood! Where, just to add, everyone seems to think that “wearing” a mask means dangling it over one ear while grouping up in packs of 15 in a parking lot. Fucking people.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

When doodling his boyfriend's names - Kanye, Cade, Johnny Mac and Eddie - in the margins of the Bible he's supposed to be studying, it's so much nicer to do it with a $200 fountain pen.  Plus I bet it draws all the hearts and flowers really smoothly.

Wait, who's Eddie? I feel like I've missed one. LOL

• Love 1

There's not enough soap in the world for MacArthur and his ilk to wash off their white privilege. It seems any law or ordinance they don't like, they just defy it or try for an exemption. MacArthur's claim of 22 pages of protocols is bullshit. 25% occupancy (or whatever LA is), require his attending congregants to wear masks and stay 6' apart from non family members is all they need to do. To open at a fuller capacity they would need to prove their HVAC system meets certain criteria.

Surely, if MacArthur were to be jailed for his defiance, he would make it all happen. 

This pandemic is far from over. It is well-ish managed because the majority of folks are following all, or at least some, of the precautions put in place. It folks like MacArthur that make it more dangerous for others.

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Well, 22 pages does seem like a lot but I am sure if he really cared he would find a way to take care of things. 

If it really is 22 pages. It seems most businesses throughout the US have managed to follow the required precautions and open up. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

There's not enough soap in the world for MacArthur and his ilk to wash off their white privilege. It seems any law or ordinance they don't like, they just defy it or try for an exemption. MacArthur's claim of 22 pages of protocols is bullshit. 25% occupancy (or whatever LA is), require his attending congregants to wear masks and stay 6' apart from non family members is all they need to do. To open at a fuller capacity they would need to prove their HVAC system meets certain criteria.

Surely, if MacArthur were to be jailed for his defiance, he would make it all happen. 

This pandemic is far from over. It is well-ish managed because the majority of folks are following all, or at least some, of the precautions put in place. It folks like MacArthur that make it more dangerous for others.

I feel like MacArthur is missing an opportunity here.  I know his big push to pack his church every Sunday has to do with money, but there are other ways to generate income right now.  Twenty-five percent capacity means he can make his services invite-only and the invites only go to the most deserving (ie those who tithe the most).  There are also ways to charge for a live-stream so he can get those precious dollars from the rest of the plebes.  Then those plebes see the worthy actually sitting in the congregation and they tithe enough to get the precious invite.  He can also sell masks and hand sanitizer.  I could go on.  Has this man never watched Spaceballs? 

31 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

maa0rq71yan51.jpg

Like marriage equality? A woman's right to choose? Black lives matter?  

• Love 19
5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I feel like MacArthur is missing an opportunity here.  I know his big push to pack his church every Sunday has to do with money, but there are other ways to generate income right now.  Twenty-five percent capacity means he can make his services invite-only and the invites only go to the most deserving (ie those who tithe the most).  There are also ways to charge for a live-stream so he can get those precious dollars from the rest of the plebes.  Then those plebes see the worthy actually sitting in the congregation and they tithe enough to get the precious invite.  He can also sell masks and hand sanitizer.  I could go on.  Has this man never watched Spaceballs? 

He does want money, I'm sure, but he wants much more than the money, too. He wants to be the head of a crusade on behalf of conservative Christians. His lawyer is with him on this. look at her main jobs currently and you'll see. Not just the Thomas More job; the other ones. At a little-over-80 I expect JM wants to be able to look back on his life and see himself as a hero, not just a guy with one big church who has money.. He'd like to be the iconic figure that sparks a movement, I'm convinced. He went ballistic over the accreditation review, apparently really blaming it on Satanic forces in today's mainstream America. And now he wants to do something to show 'em. And to stop that satanic movement. I do think he believes this, delusional as it may actually be. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

There's not enough soap in the world for MacArthur and his ilk to wash off their white privilege.

I'd argue it's "Person of Faith" privledge, not white privilege. Lets people of all races get away with murder. Literally, in this case...

• Love 7

When Jinger first got married, I was happy to see how quickly she moved to shorts and pants, and was eager to see her breaking away and to see where she would go.  Now I just find them SO boring!  Pretentious as hell but boring.  Theirs is typically the last thread I go to because there is just nothing compelling about them.  I hope they are happy together and they both seem to adore Prop but I see nothing “break out” about them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
2 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

I hope they are happy together and they both seem to adore Prop but I see nothing “break out” about them.

I'm pretty sure Jer's the break-out star of wishful thinking. Which I suppose is some kind of distinction, considering how delusional the whole clan is. ... Doesn't get you your own tv show, though. Sorry, Jer. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Genevrier said:

Is that picture of her ass supposed to be modest? 🤔

I wouldn’t consider it immodest. I see a photo of the back side of Jana in her entirety, the same as a full length photo of her front wouldn’t be a photo of her breasts, but of herself. (Not that her ass isn’t there but it’s not the focal point of the photo). 

7 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

When Jinger first got married, I was happy to see how quickly she moved to shorts and pants, and was eager to see her breaking away and to see where she would go.  Now I just find them SO boring!  Pretentious as hell but boring.  Theirs is typically the last thread I go to because there is just nothing compelling about them.  I hope they are happy together and they both seem to adore Prop but I see nothing “break out” about them.

They don’t look to be doing anything exciting in LA but no body is right now. I’m surprised Jinger isn’t posting more photos though. 

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

I am super low maintenance and have never had my brows done so maybe I shouldn't comment but damn are her eyebrows terrible.  Wrong color, wrong shape, and just too prominent for her facial structure.

Probably a "trend." Somehow nobody ever seems to notice or care when a hot trend is all wrong for their face/body/etc. 

• Love 3
On 9/15/2020 at 5:47 PM, JoanArc said:

I'd argue it's "Person of Faith" privledge, not white privilege. Lets people of all races get away with murder. Literally, in this case...

I'd argue it's intersectionalism - white privilege (in a country where being defined as white came with privilege) AND religious privilege (when the religion you practice is the majority religion and, hey look, the majority of people practicing it ALSO are white). There is an intersection of privilege and non-privilege, as well as privilege in one area and privilege in another area (and privilege in ANOTHER area). White ethnic privilege in America often comes with a lot of other intersectioning privilege with it. AND people who are privileged in one area are NOT privileged in others - hence, intersectionalism. But I'd argue that most Duggars, as they are living now and as they are presenting themselves, aren't suffering from much of it.

Edited by MichaelaRae
  • Love 14

FWIW, she doesn’t look super happy with them either.

Just what I want during a respiratory pandemic...someone leaning into my face doing weird shit to my eyebrows. Hell, I haven’t even gotten a haircut since January.

I have a tough time believing this was Jinger’s idea...especially being pregnant.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I thought the Sharpie eyebrow trend was over? I never actually noticed anyone's eyebrows until drawing them on with a chisel-tipped black marker became the norm. 

Edited by Nysha
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

I'm with you guys, I can't wait for this eyebrow trend to fade away. I think working remotely has made it worse, during a Zoom meeting recently, all I could see were overly drawn eyebrows.

I think the only one who could pull off the composition of that photo, would be someone under the age of 2.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Oof, those brows. I don't mind the super heavy eyebrow trend too much, but to the extent that it can work, they have to have a good arch. Straight brows like Jinger's just don't look good that heavy.

Jeremy has a knack for posting really unflattering pictures of Jinger alongside "loving" captions. If I were they type to assume the best in obnoxious fundies, I'd say that he loves her so much he finds every picture of her beautiful. Since I'm a realist/pessimist/judgy bitch, I think he does it deliberately.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think Jinger did the brows herself. Looks like eyebrow pencil. 

And yes, the big brows are trending out.

Still popular out here. I will say I like the big brows better than pencil thin ones. 

• Love 6

I was a teen when the heavy 'Brooke Shields' eyebrows got to be the new thing.  I was very happy to finally have something that I naturally had become fashionable!

Now I'm too old to care.

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if thicker eyebrows are back in fashion (or 'on trend') because of Covid.  A lot of people can't afford to spend money on the truly unimportant things just to fit in.  Others might want to show that they're being responsible about social distancing.

But in Gingers case, a little tweezing couldn't hurt.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

I was a teen when the heavy 'Brooke Shields' eyebrows got to be the new thing.  I was very happy to finally have something that I naturally had become fashionable!

Now I'm too old to care.

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if thicker eyebrows are back in fashion (or 'on trend') because of Covid.  A lot of people can't afford to spend money on the truly unimportant things just to fit in.  Others might want to show that they're being responsible about social distancing.

Actually these brows were on trend prior to covid and are expensive to maintain. Some do microblading, which ironically looks a little more natural. Most use powders, stencils and special pencils to achieve this look, and still pluck and wax.

Personally, I liked Brook's brows, because they were and looked natural.

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

Or stopping Felicity from going crazy with the fat crayon. 😃 

That's the first thing I thought looking at it. They're awfully square, blocky and dense. That might work for somebody's face, but I don't think it works for Jingle's. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Zahdii said:

Now I'm too old to care.

Right? It’s like the one good thing about getting old...I’ve developed a big fat case of Notgivingashititis. Example: next Tuesday my retriever has to be at the vet at 7 a.m. to have a cyst removed. I am on the fence as to whether I’ll even shower first, let alone put makeup on. Hell, at my age I’m invisible anyway, might as well run with it!

On topic: Jinger looks like she’s over this crap, too.

• Love 22