Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Carlin now has the same hairstyle as Jinger. Even when they branch out, they all seem to do the same thing and stay within similar boundaries. Almost like someone wrote a memo stating Gothard out, these rules in.

Carlin and Jinger are both trend-chasers; they follow trends that aren't necessarily fundie. 

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Carlin and Jinger are both trend-chasers; they follow trends that aren't necessarily fundie. 

Yes, but the trends they chase, stay within a certain boundary.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

7gnempb722k51.jpg

The big takeway from the two photos is not the size of her belly but the amount of manipulation and filtering done on the newest image.  Her features are totally flattened and homegenized by the face tuning.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes, but the trends they chase, stay within a certain boundary.

The boundary being whatever they get for free in exchange for promo.

I sporadically follow a smallish corner of beauty youtube/instagram, and it's pretty funny to me when they all start enthusiastically reviewing the same product at the same time because a certain brand has a new release and they've gifted it to all the influencers. And then the influencer wannabes buy those products and produce their own content about it. The same thing is likely happening with  Jinger, Carlin, et al. They're aiming to make money off social media, so whatever product they recommend on their feeds is strictly what they got paid to plug, what they got for free in exchange for a review, or what influencers in the niche they're interested in are plugging and they want to create the illusion that they're "in" with the cool people.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
42 minutes ago, lascuba said:

The boundary being whatever they get for free in exchange for promo.

I sporadically follow a smallish corner of beauty youtube/instagram, and it's pretty funny to me when they all start enthusiastically reviewing the same product at the same time because a certain brand has a new release and they've gifted it to all the influencers. And then the influencer wannabes buy those products and produce their own content about it. The same thing is likely happening with  Jinger, Carlin, et al. They're aiming to make money off social media, so whatever product they recommend on their feeds is strictly what they got paid to plug, what they got for free in exchange for a review, or what influencers in the niche they're interested in are plugging and they want to create the illusion that they're "in" with the cool people.

Right, we saw that with many brands and the Duggar ladies. I was talking more about hairstyles and clothing styles. Going from dresses to pants, sleeves to sleeveless, long skirts/dresses to shorter ones, no modesty under shirts, wearing shorts, shorter hair, blonder hair, etc. They seem to make similar changes at the same rate of speed.

Although I know a couple of Bates girls have worn, what I assume to be mainstream bathing suits, no one has posted a picture without a cover-up on. It'll be interesting to see if a post will ever happen and who might do it first. My guess is it might be too far out of their comfort zone.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Right, we saw that with many brands and the Duggar ladies. I was talking more about hairstyles and clothing styles. Going from dresses to pants, sleeves to sleeveless, long skirts/dresses to shorter ones, no modesty under shirts, wearing shorts, shorter hair, blonder hair, etc. They seem to make similar changes at the same rate of speed.

Although I know a couple of Bates girls have worn, what I assume to be mainstream bathing suits, no one has posted a picture without a cover-up on. It'll be interesting to see if a post will ever happen and who might do it first. My guess is it might be too far out of their comfort zone.

Ah, ok. Yeah, I think the clothes and modesty rules are a mini house of cards, and when one falls, the rest follow. Once you make the leap into pants, you think "fuck it" and go all in. And when people you're close to do it first without the world ending, it's easier for you to jump in. And if any originality was systematically stomped out of you from early childhood, you just follow the leader when it comes to changes in hair and clothes. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Tasya said:

There's nothing wrong with starting children early on bible reading. 

I guess it depends on one's beliefs. I know when I was trying to find kid's Bibles when my kids were young, many stories were negative and some were actually scary. 

Maybe a picture book with no words would be good. To familiarize kids with certain characters and symbols.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

we had a few cute bible board books - I do not remember the names. one was story of the birth of Jesus and you did the animal sounds. the donkey walked along clip clop, you made the sounds for the sheep and cow etc. they liked it. there was a Noah's ark one as well. both were little chubby board books with about 6 pages. our kids liked them. but they also liked My Brown Bear Barney, Chicka Chika Boom Boom and many other non bible story books.

• Love 14
On 8/27/2020 at 9:43 AM, luvbadtv said:

My husband's pants do this when he gains 10 pounds.  The tightening of the waist results in the length being lifted up. My guess is that this is what happened to Jer.

This comment keeps coming back into my mind.  I cannot help but apply the standards that would be applied to a woman in this situation.  Part of the gig of earning your $$ as a public figure (social media influencer) is making sure you put in the time, effort and sacrifices to maintain your physical appearance such that it is appealing to the audience.   As the head of household it's his job to support Jinger, Felicity, and soon another little one.  IMO he should be held accountable, just like a woman would be.  Sauce for the goose ...

• Love 12
16 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I think the issue is you hope they read other books to her and not just the Bible. 

They've shown pix of her with other books.

I don't care what they shill....I've never bought or not bought a product IN MY LIFE by who was the spokesperson.  I used to ask friends for recommendations....now I just read reviews.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 8/27/2020 at 8:43 AM, luvbadtv said:

My husband's pants do this when he gains 10 pounds.  The tightening of the waist results in the length being lifted up. My guess is that this is what happened to Jer.

My pants do that when my husband leaves them in the dryer too long. 

I can never see all this "weight gain" that supposedly has shown in so many of his photos for almost 3 years.  It keeps being referred to, but damn if I can see what some others see so often. 

I just assume Jing loses track of dryer time like many do, so Jer's going high-water.  My husband drys until dry whereas I dry until damp, then hang or flatten.  But as long as he's doing it instead of me, I just shut up & appreciate it. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Does that mean we'll soon be rid of the old Jeremy?

Asking for a friend.

Is Cade any better? They both seem like pretty boys who control the wives that they need to have any hope of being noticed by the public.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Is Cade any better? They both seem like pretty boys who control the wives that they need to have any hope of being noticed by the public.

Yeah, the problem with both Cade and Jeremy is that their wives are more famous than they are. So they try to compensate and fail miserably.

• Love 21
47 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

John MacArther proclaimed in his sermon on Sunday that we have been played, there is no pandemic.

In Los Angeles the hardest hit county in California that has the highest number of cases of the states, an idiot has the nerve to say that.  He's mad because he got caught defying the medical order and his money flow is affected again.  People like him will keep Los Angeles from reopening for a long time.

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

This made my afternoon 😀.

County Seizes Property From L.A. Church Challenging Coronavirus Restrictions

https://freebeacon.com/tag/grace-community-church/

Meanwhile, his lawyer has this to say: 

Jenna Ellis  @JennaEllisEsq     ·Aug 31

Questionable     28%

"If you’re attacking John MacArthur, you are probably too woke to think biblically. Read Romans 1."

The "Questionable   28%" is her rating from Bot Sentinel. They rate twitter accounts from 0% to 100%, and here's what that means: "the higher the score the more likely the account engages in targeted harassment, toxic trolling, or uses deceptive tactics engineered to cause division and chaos. We analyze several hundred tweets per account, and the more someone engages in behavior consistent with problematic accounts, the higher their Bot Sentinel score is."                         https://botsentinel.com/info/about

She's clearly been acting in a very Christian manner. Not.  (the vast majority of accounts they examine are at 5% or lower)

I'll take her judgment on us critics as a compliment, though. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 9/1/2020 at 3:27 PM, BradandJanet said:

Cade and Jeremy are not pretty boys at all. Both are homely.

• Love 10
On 9/1/2020 at 6:35 PM, farmgal4 said:

John MacArther proclaimed in his sermon on Sunday that we have been played, there is no pandemic.

Yes, I'll tell that to my friend who is the hospital ICU for a week. 

4 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

If the worse thing anyone can say about me is that I’m “too woke,” I am just so fine with that.

Especially "too woke to think biblically", which probably still works out to something slightly right of center.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I’m not even a big Pearl Jam fan, but I know there is no way in hell that Eddie Vedder would want this little dweeb to ever speak his name. Eddie Vedder is diametrically opposed to everything Vuolo stands for. Now he has to go change the title of “Jeremy,” in case douche starts quoting some more lyrics.

That song does have the line of "King Jeremy ruled the world" 🤔

• LOL 5
  • Love 6