Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Some are over $300.00.  

The price I saw was a markdown actually. I think it started out at close to $200.....

I guess one use of influencers is to move the slow-moving goods! 

There's an old fancy pen shop in DC and I've seen pens there that are $4000 and up. ....  So I suppose I should applaud Jer for being frugal and going for the marked-down $200 model!  (Still, I don't think that fits his current economic situation....heh)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I'm not sure why people would want a fountain pen. I guess it looks nice, but I'll stick with ballpoint.

An older relative of mine was traumatised by a teacher who made them used fountain pens.  My relative had hard time with the pens, which tended to make more of a mess and this teacher deducted major points for messy pages.  

• LOL 1
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

I'm not sure why people would want a fountain pen. I guess it looks nice, but I'll stick with ballpoint.

An older relative of mine was traumatised by a teacher who made them used fountain pens.  My relative had hard time with the pens, which tended to make more of a mess and this teacher deducted major points for messy pages.  

I like the way a foundation pen feels as you write.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Temperance said:

I've never used one, but I would probably have the same problem with them. Messy papers. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Another suck up. This guy is GCC's college pastor and also works at The Master's Seminary in some capacity.

The whole thing is like some weird MLM/pyramid scheme pretending to be religious faith.

When I was in gradeschool and we were finally allowed to use pens around third or fourth grade, we started out with fountain pens with cartridges.  Not only did I have to be careful not to drag my hand across the freshly written page since I was a lefty; but the danged cartridges leaked all the time, everywhere.  We would carry our pens in our front shirt pockets since I went to Catholic schools and everyone wore white cotton blouses or shirts as part of our uniforms.  By the end of the school year (heck, usually by Christmas), every single kid had blue ink stains on the pocket of every school shirt they owned.

I love to write notes and cards, I send out multiple cards each week for various things; I find a fountain pen just wastes time that I'd rather spend writing the actual card.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 14
28 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Is Jeremy having a bit of a struggle at seminary? 

I seriously doubt it.  My guess is that he's read comments about all the free time he seems to have and wants to give the appearance he's working hard.  I think a more realistic GIF would be of him lightly and effortlessly jumping from one float to another, while wearing a perfectly tailored suit.

• LOL 18
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

I seriously doubt it.  My guess is that he's read comments about all the free time he seems to have and wants to give the appearance he's working hard.  I think a more realistic GIF would be of him lightly and effortlessly jumping from one float to another, while wearing a perfectly tailored suit.

He could borrow these from Jana.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

I just pictured a frog wearing a tuxedo doing that 🤣

• LOL 20
6 hours ago, MonicaM said:

And a pocket square. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I think the pretentious Vuolos should switch to glitter gel pens. They are my favorites.  They are good for coloring in the adult coloring books.  That would be about their speed.

I agree on all counts. Excellent pandemic purchase. We now return you to snarking on Asshat and the Pocket Square.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I actually think it's not a bad sentiment.  If you are coming to worship and only focusing on the mask issue, you won't actually be focusing on God.  So just stay at home for now.   

I'm much more upset about the misplaced comma than the message lol.

• LOL 13
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, MonicaM said:

And holding a large mirror.

• LOL 9

Way to take a stand by not taking a stand Idiots.

Masks should be worn and large numbers of people shouldn't happen, as the court just ruled in California to the boss's displeasure. I'm sure they will continue to break the law. Didn't some assets get taken by the state? Or maybe I was just dreaming that. Can't remember.

• Love 13

So if you want to be unified, you should take your mask off?

When my mother went to the ER in Ann Arbor at the end of July, there were 40 Covid cases in the ER waiting for a bed to open up so they could be admitted.

All those poor people were plenty “unified.”

Jeremy, STFU.

• Love 6

And as to "young people don't get the virus" and "it's just the flu", a 28 year old teacher just died 3 days after getting sick. Sounds like a minor illness to me, right?

I'm tired of these people. Jinger and Jeremy should get a clue and do the right thing despite what their owners say.

• Love 14
28 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Way to take a stand by not taking a stand Idiots.

Masks should be worn and large numbers of people shouldn't happen, as the court just ruled in California to the boss's displeasure. I'm sure they will continue to break the law. Didn't some assets get taken by the state? Or maybe I was just dreaming that. Can't remember.

I think they were blocked from using a parking lot that they leased from the city. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

of1efae9plm51.png

Aha. So they're deciding to make the same argument against giving any thought to Covid that they make in the social-justice letter against saying there's racism or sexism that harms people and that we should address it.

I.e, "Don't give any thought to or talk about or deem important enough to act upon [racism, sexism, Covid 19, or, by extension, anything].... because your faith in Jesus isn't just the thing that must matter most to you. It's the only thing that should matter to you, period. Because if you're right with Jesus, then everything else will work itself out without your doing anything.

I guess it's a way to have everything all ways --"See, we're a church you can love no matter what you think about any other issues! Because our church just says that none of those issues are of any importance at all! Come and be happy in your mask among the maskless! Covid 19 death doesn't matter at all compared to Jesus! And come and be happy without a mask among the masked -- because government orders that you think threaten your freedom don't matter at all compared to Jesus!" 

It's like Jer's having-it-both-ways disposition translated into theology. 

I think the problem with making that argument is that all those other things you're ordering people to ignore because they're not important are seen by many people as having tangible, serious negative consequences. Few people see racism, sexism, Covid, an intrusive and lying government as minor issues. So you're just writing off all human concerns on the argument that those concerns will turn out to be nothing once you have enough faith. And I think most people sort of think that one's faith, if one has one, should in some way address those things, because they perceive them to be serious.

So I think most people who feel affected by any of the things Jer and company insist you should ignore won't buy that.

If you see racism acting against people and things you care about or a failure to wear masks leading to the spread of a deadly disease.....or orders to wear masks threatening what you consider essential freedoms, then you're unlikely to believe that bad consequences will become inconsequential if you simply stop worrying about them and think about nothing but putting total faith in Jer and John M's Jesus. 

Clearly this is a thread in the history of Christianity, especially of the Protestant variety (and in some other religions, too). But when you try to take it to its limits, as they do here, it sounds too ridiculous for most people to accept, seems to me. A few super-saintly and hermit-y types might be able to embrace it. But otherwise, only those lucky enough to not feel threatened by anything can buy it. 

Like....I wonder whether Jer would consider Jesus the only thing that matters if some identifiable person or institution suddenly took away all his ability to buy nice things for himself? I doubt it. I expect that, just like most of us, he'd focus on being really mad at that person or institution and seeking redress for his loss and to change the system so the damaging thing couldn't happen again.  And that he wouldn't just say of his poverty and whatever/whoever made him poor, "Hey, I'm going to just ignore that. It's all good because I can sit here in my rags and embrace my faith in Jesus." 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, lucylou said:

Watching the show and looking at Ginger she looks so unkempt and homely since marrying Jeremy she seemed to take better care of herself before the marriage.

She has at least stopped painting herself in such obviously fake tanner. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, lucylou said:

Watching the show and looking at Ginger she looks so unkempt and homely since marrying Jeremy she seemed to take better care of herself before the marriage.

Lulz, that's so funny because for me it's the opposite! I don't care for the Stepford Wife makeover, but I think Jinger looks much more polished since the days of orange fake bake and raccoon eyeliner.

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
45 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lulz, that's so funny because for me it's the opposite! I don't care for the Stepford Wife makeover, but I think Jinger looks much more polished since the days of orange fake bake and raccoon eyeliner.

Yeah I don't think either look looks very natural, but I think the most recent incarnation (haven't we called it 90s realtor on here?) is preferable to whatever the fuck poor Jinger was doing in her orange days. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

hared from Northridge-Chatsworth, CA

Grace Community Church Defies Court With Packed Sunday Service

Pastor John MacArthur mocked county coronavirus health orders Sunday and defied a judge order to preach to a packed church in Sun Valley.

https://patch.com/california/palosverdes/s/h8onp/grace-community-church-defies-court-packed-sunday-service?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_term=community+corner&utm_campaign=autopost&utm_content=palosverdes&fbclid=IwAR0TSOr-MPH7VI-k-AkksxMPldaJR998CNr-Kw7HWzqa5pUYjznxFMOc8fA

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • LOL 1