Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, I think it's low as well (SF Bay Area). That house in LA proper would probably be well over a million.

Absolutely.  They are probably near Van Nuys or Santa Clarita where property is lower.  Where I'm sitting right now is 1800 or 1900 sq ft and over $1.5 M.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I suppose anything's possible. But usually a person is sponsored/supported to get education or training, due to some kind of supply/demand dynamic. The student's acquiring the specific set of skills/knowledge is worth the investment to the sponsor - and usually that means there aren't plenty of other people with those skills/qualifications already available to be hired.

I don't know the current status but remember that nurses were in high demand - and short supply - a few years ago. OTOH, our law schools are churning out way more people with JD degrees than there are lawyer jobs for.

I'be surprised if there's a such a shortage of men who've graduated from seminary after studying expository preaching and aren't already employed as such, that someone would need to invest in the seminary education of Jeremy, who is anything but a gifted and riveting preacher.

So if someone's underwriting him, it can't be on the basis of a decision that it's a good bottom line investment. But some rich person with the same religious beliefs, may think he's doing the Lord's work by supporting Jeremy and his family. Crazier things happen every day. 

Nurses are supposedly in high demand, but good luck getting into a nursing program that pays your housing costs! Especially at $4000 a month.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jinger looks beautiful. The dress has a deep V neckline with no accountability layer underneath, the waist is actually AT her waist and not the fundie "keep 'em guessing" maternity-friendly raised waist, and the material looks pretty. Hope she sends that dress back with Jana.

I don't listen to anything any of them say, and I don't care how they spend their money, so I'm easy to please.

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Nurses are supposedly in high demand, but good luck getting into a nursing program that pays your housing costs! Especially at $4000 a month.

FWIW  California has the best staffing  ratio for nurses in the nation, by law, it is 1 to 4. Many people become travel nurses and go to California because of the excellent pay and the fact that you can make a lot of money relatively tax-free.  That said, my local college can give you an associates degree in nursing for less than $10,000, or a BSN for a little under $20,000. Pretty easy to pay back your first year working full-time as a nurse. I’m not aware of any nursing program that would give someone housing. The nursing program at my local  College typically admits 60 students in the fall, and gets nearly 600 applicants. They don’t have to do things to attract people.

• Love 5

About the possibility of Vuolo family money...we "met" Grandma Vuolo onscreen and she seemed to have a standard middle-class home with a rather small kitchen, where she nonetheless put together great Italian meals.  We don't know about Diana (?) Vuolo, Jeremy's mother.  She is a musician and works with a charity, but maybe her side of the family has passed down money which is helping Jeremy and his "successful" lifestyle~

• Love 3

I hope the fashion police notice that Jeremy is wearing a lightweight blazer instead of a heavier wool one.  

I like the look, and Jing & Felicity look cool, comfy and California casual.  But since I live in Florida instead of California, I'm probably wrong about that.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Maybe Chuck is so proud of his son pursuing the ministry career that he is helping them or loaning them money?  Maybe the grandparents?  If you are religious, that's a really big deal to have your son go into ministry. Kinda a hat tip to the parents that you raised him right...ya know what I mean?  A few of my friends have sons going into the ministry and it's like a big freaking deal. 

Is there a TLC Jinger and Jeremy spin off coming?  Youtube series?

Those two have something up their sleeve. They are ON social media a lot.  Drumming up interest for what? 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Coming from the perspective of a parent of adult children I would have a problem supporting my kids in this fashion.

I would give my kids the shirt off my back and have supported their life goals, and still do. More so now emotionally rather than financially. I would not, however, support my kids financially to live a life extravagantly beyond their means.

If they needed my help, they would need to be making wise financial decisions and show efforts to further their careers and life choices.

Need help with a down payment on a home you can afford? Sure. Need help paying the rent on an extravagant home? Nope. Need help affording day care while you're in school? Sure. Need help supporting your spouse's clothing habit? Nope. 

If the Vuolo's are spending family money, I can only assume the family member has passed away. Because I don't know of anyone beyond the very, very rich, that would approve of their hard earned money being spent that way.

Agreed.

I'm pretty sure even some people who have held those principles might waver a bit, if the kid asked correctly, though. (And, as I've mentioned, I think Jer must be a darned good favor-asker.)

I can see some parents wavering.

Especially if the asker was the (possibly a little bit spoiled?) baby of the family. And they've already given money -- even if under slightly different circumstances -- to the two older kids, and the youngest one hasn't got any yet....

And if the asker is the only one of the three kids who is enthusiastically adhering wholesale to his parents' belief system and following closely in his father's career footsteps. AND he's the one who presented them with their first grandchild....the grandchild they may have begun to fear they'd never have! 

Not that I think the Vuolos are necessarily doing this. But I can see people doing it under these circumstances, even if they do have the scruples you describe!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190807-170347_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.1f04ebe40c614508a3a9b93d7d94cdb7.jpg

Screenshot_20190807-170416_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.18c42344a7b7bafef2b04aaba8736d45.jpg

Is this a thing? I've never prepped fruit or veggies until I was ready to eat them. 

I’ve occasionally washed, peeled, sliced entire bags of veggies so that they’re ready to eat for snacks. Especially if I was trying to lose weight or eat healthier.

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Love 12
27 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I’ve occasionally washed, peeled, sliced entire bags of veggies so that they’re ready to eat for snacks. Especially if I was trying to lose weight or eat healthier.

Yep, I definitely eat healthier when I've prepped the fruits and veggies. Otherwise I snack on potato chips or something similar and the fruits and veggies die a mushy death in my fridge. 

Big advocate for pre prepping produce!

• Love 16
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Coming from the perspective of a parent of adult children I would have a problem supporting my kids in this fashion.

I would give my kids the shirt off my back and have supported their life goals, and still do. More so now emotionally rather than financially. I would not, however, support my kids financially to live a life extravagantly beyond their means.

If they needed my help, they would need to be making wise financial decisions and show efforts to further their careers and life choices.

Need help with a down payment on a home you can afford? Sure. Need help paying the rent on an extravagant home? Nope. Need help affording day care while you're in school? Sure. Need help supporting your spouse's clothing habit? Nope. 

If the Vuolo's are spending family money, I can only assume the family member has passed away. Because I don't know of anyone beyond the very, very rich, that would approve of their hard earned money being spent that way.

My money's on the relative being dead! At one point, Chuck was the co-pastor of a small church, and diana was a homeschooling SAHM. That was thirty years ago, and if they are being bankrolled now, they clearly were also being bankrolled then. It could be a parent of one of them (probably diana, since we met grandma vuolo), or even grandparent. Diana could conceivably have gotten a sweet inheritance from a grandparent at a very young age, like college or before!

Or it could have been a situation like Chelsea, for those of you who watch teen mom 2. Her dad paid for her to sit around and whine about her ex for years, while putting off getting her GED, and I'm sure plenty of people are that spoiled. Diana could have been a daddy's girl, and daddy could have been all about gender roles. A rich dad who spoiled his daughter might willingly pay for her to stay home with the kids if he was really conservative. Then at some point he passed, and they inherited the rest of his money. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190807-170347_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.1f04ebe40c614508a3a9b93d7d94cdb7.jpg

Screenshot_20190807-170416_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.18c42344a7b7bafef2b04aaba8736d45.jpg

Is this a thing? I've never prepped fruit or veggies until I was ready to eat them. 

I will snack on celery and bell peppers. so I do prep them when I buy them.  If I don't, I'll forget about them and eat something else.  I usually buy baby carrots so I don't have to do any prep.

• Love 5

These two are definitely going the Jeremy and Audrey Roloff direction. They are now full time influencers. Bet they have a marriage advice book on the way, too. 

Edited by Lunera
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7

They are absolutely boring. I hate to say this but I would rather listen and look at Jer and Auj 🙄. Bleh..

They have this weird hipster vibe I like even though I hate them.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Jinger is still so unsure about herself.  She can’t think a food she dislikes (besides insects) or a real hobby outside of going on adventures and sight seeing. Her favorite part of being Felicity’s mom is that she parents with Jeremy. They’re so boring. 

• Love 17
51 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Well, at least they look happier than the Dillards. 

But come on, free time? Working out and shopping? I want a few hours alone with a cheesecake and Love After Lockup. 

You had me at cheesecake. I have a variety one in my freezer. Come on over!

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

While those sneakers don't match the outfits nor the occasion,  they don't look cheap.  

They aren't.  At the beginning of their marriage I thought Jeremy might have a contract with Nike. He wore the shoes and clothing continuously. There are even photos of Jinger in Nike gear.

• Love 4

They are so far away from the camera that this q&a feels cold and impersonal. Almost clinical. It’s bad and they are the two most boring  people in the galaxy. 🤷🏾‍♀️

Edited by allonsyalice
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, JoanArc said:

News flash Jer: this was a total flop.

Never underestimate the power of lameness and idiocy to attract leghumpers, however. 

"Hey, they're just like meee! And they're on TeeVeeee! I looooove them!"

Or something.

Clearly the plan is to become media stars. Given the success of the mega-boring Duggar freakshow in this pursuit, I wouldn't bet against them. More's the pity. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7

No surprise here, my opinion differs from previous posters. I thought it was cute and I smiled through most of it. I think they have a really good marriage, whether or not it would work for me, it clearly works for them. 

• Love 7

If anyone didn't care to watch the videos, I took some notes.  My biggest impression was that JerMe comes off super gay throughout.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Jin - Europe
Jer - Europe - Jer asks if she's ever been to Italy and she says no, he says they must 
go there because of the food and the fashion!

If you could meet any hero of the faith - who would it be and why?
Jer - Alive - his dad.  From the past, aside from Jesus himself, the apostle Paul because he's
had the greatest impact on Christianity.

How do you get time alone with a one-year old running around the house?
Jin - Putting her in a place that's safe - playpen, walker, and when Jer takes her.

Do you like my hair blonde or brunette?
Jer - I like them both. Whatever you have right now is what I like. I do love it blonde. 
but I love it brunette too. She suggests changing it up to another color. He says "We'll talk about that".
She then says she'd kidding and they joke that red is next. 

Is there a single food that you hate?
Jin - insects - she cannot stand the idea of something crunchy in her mouth. Her presses her to think of
something that would be considered normal she does not like and she can't think of anything and asks
him to try and think of anything he might remember her not liking. 
She then asks him the same question and he says there is no food he does not like - Why didn't they rehearse this??
For a long time he could not eat apple pie because when he was six years old they were at a BBQ somewhere and he had
six pieces of apple pie and got sick, but then he got over it in his twenties.  Jinger giggles and says she never heard that story!

What is Lizzie's favorite word these days?
Jer - It's two - "Daddy" and "Hi" She says hi to everybody and waves - even when she watches Baby Shark on YouTube. He says it killed him when
she woke up the other morning and looked at him and said "Da-Dee", then he offhandedly says "When is she going to say "Mommy"?

What is your favorite thing about being a mom?
Jin - That you are the dad and I get to share it with you.  Then Jer says "Awwwww" and  kisses her and says "Perfect answer!" 
Then she says she loves being with her in the morning when she wakes up.  Watching her grow and change and how much she loves being with Jer and being
in his arms and playing with him, it just melts her heart everyday.

Do you have daily devotions?
Jer - I do, i try to. Every morning he "wants to" read the bible and pray. He says he's currently reading various chapters daily across different
parts of the scriptures.  He's doing it to enjoy and not to "dig deep" and look at the Greek and Hebrew. It's his morning routine unless he wakes up late.

Are we foodies?
Jin says she "thinks so" and "hopes so" since they live in LA and they have so many places around them, they have to be foodies.  Jer then says they will "fake it til they make it".

What is your favorite food spot in LA so far?
Jin - the Mediterranean food.  Carnival restaurant in Sherman Oaks. Jinger says it's "legit" and if anyone is in LA, they need to check it out.
Jer was suprised to hear that if she could only eat one food it would be Mediterranean food. 

What is your favorite hobby?
Jer - Spending time with you. aside from that, fashion. Lots of window shopping.  If it was up to him he'd spend all of their money on ties. 
Jin - Going places, travel, seeing sites, exploring new cities. 

How did I get the honor of marrying you?
Jin - just giggles and no answer.  The video skips as if they edited out her response. 

• Useful 10
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

If anyone didn't care to watch the videos, I took some notes.  My biggest impression was that JerMe comes off super gay throughout.

Jin - Europe
Jer - Europe - Jer asks if she's ever been to Italy and she says no, he says they must 

Jer - Alive - his dad.  From the past, aside from Jesus himself, the apostle Paul because he's

Jin - Putting her in a place that's safe - playpen, walker, and when Jer takes her.

Jer - I like them both. Whatever you have right now is what I like. I do love it blonde. 
but I love it brunette too. She suggests changing it up to another color. He says "We'll talk about that".

Jin - insects - she cannot stand the idea of something crunchy in her mouth. Her presses her to think of
something that would be considered normal she does not like and she can't think of anything and asks
She then asks him the same question and he says there is no food he does not like - Why didn't they rehearse this??
For a long time he could not eat apple pie because when he was six years old they were at a BBQ somewhere and he had
six pieces of apple pie and got sick, but then he got over it in his twenties.  Jinger giggles and says she never heard that story!

Jer - It's two - "Daddy" and "Hi" She says hi to everybody and waves - even when she watches Baby Shark on YouTube. He says it killed him when
she woke up the other morning and looked at him and said "Da-Dee", then he offhandedly says "When is she going to say "Mommy"?

Jin - That you are the dad and I get to share it with you.  Then Jer says "Awwwww" and  kisses her and says "Perfect answer!" 
Then she says she loves being with her in the morning when she wakes up.  Watching her grow and change and how much she loves being with Jer and being

Jer - I do, i try to. Every morning he "wants to" read the bible and pray. He says he's currently reading various chapters daily across different
parts of the scriptures.  He's doing it to enjoy and not to "dig deep" and look at the Greek and Hebrew. It's his morning routine unless he wakes up late.

Are we foodies?
Jin says she "thinks so" and "hopes so" since they live in LA and they have so many places around them, they have to be foodies.  Jer then says they will "fake it til they make it".

Jin - the Mediterranean food.  Carnival restaurant in Sherman Oaks. Jinger says it's "legit" and if anyone is in LA, they need to check it out.
Jer was suprised to hear that if she could only eat one food it would be Mediterranean food. 

Jer - Spending time with you. aside from that, fashion. Lots of window shopping.  If it was up to him he'd spend all of their money on ties. 

Jin - just giggles and no answer.  The video skips as if they edited out her response. 

😒😒😒

Just now, Totally said:

😒😒😒 I made it less than a minute ... they are just boring 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

When is she going to say Mommy?  FU Jeremy.  He needs to take a seat and enjoy the fact that Felicity's favorite word is Daddy because there will come a day when she will have nothing to do with him and it is closer than what he thinks.   He comes across as someone with very little experience with kids.  The toddler years are so much fun with kids learning to talk.  The other day my 2 year old nephew was calling me Aunt Banana.  It's close enough and I know the only 3 or more syllable words he knows are construction related or food related.  

Edited by Ohiopirate02
typed too quickly and forgot a word
  • Love 14

I don’t get the gay vibe and I have a gay son and many gay friends. Maybe my gaydar is off. She looks like a girl and he looks like a man. If it works for them who am I to say. Their abhorrent views and beliefs are not going to make them more palatable to me. But I guess this old Jewish grandma isn’t their target. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Jin - Europe

Are we foodies?

Thanks for taking one for the team. No way was I ever going to watch this nonsense 

• Love 24
14 hours ago, Lunera said:

I always wash my berries/cherries/the like when I get home so they are ready when I need to pack food for work.  I don't do anything with the veggies though until I am ready to use them.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, allonsyalice said:

They are so far away from the camera that this q&a feels cold and impersonal. Almost clinical. It’s bad and they are the two most boring  people in the galaxy. 🤷🏾‍♀️

A coffee talk type thing at the dining room table/kitchen table would have been better in my opinion.  I made it to 1 question and said eff that!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I knew they were cooking something up on social media.  They are doing a little testing of a show of some sort.  Jeremy loves himself.  They should do a YouTube channel and he can film himself all day!  They would get some viewers too. 

Oh wait, they are in a TLC contract so they are limited on what they can do, right? Hmm....maybe they are planning for when TLC stops the money?

(and yes, i really did have a conversation with myself)

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

You know how when you’re on a bus and it’s super early and still dark and everyone is sensibly and politely dozing or pretending to and all is quiet...and then two people across the aisle from each other hit it off and start having the loudest, most content-free conversation ever (“You’re from Ohio? I have a second cousin in Pennsylvania. Or did he move to Indiana?”) and it lasts the entire two-hour bus ride to the airport and they never ever shut up?

That’s these two.

Mr. Xword and I were on a plane, and the two hours spent listening to a woman with the loudest and most annoying laugh made me want to strangle her.  I so wished I had brought earplugs.  Next time.

Thx @BigBingerBro for the notes.  I refuse to give Jer any encouraging clicks.  Jer:  you look like hell in those awful red pants.  Who dressed you?

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, Tasya said:

She didn't say it as if it was one place. She said she enjoyed visiting Europe and she couldn't pinpoint one place. 

She's only been to England and Scotland. The Duggars' other big trip was Japan and China. And of course, their honeymoon was Australia. So no, she's never been on the continent.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7